E.L.F. Studio Baked Highlighter

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like these but the baked blush in Pinktastic is a much better highlight.

This is a very inexpensive highlighter that works pretty well. I use another highlighter by E.L.F. as well and they both perform as well as some higher end brands. The packaging on this is very cute, but I had my first highlighter of this break off as it was not firmly attached to the base, so perhaps they would want to reconsider the design. This highlighter does not give a strobe effect, but rather a more general soft-focus look, which I prefer for everyday use. I like this product a lot, especially because it comes at such an affordable price point, and would repurchase.

I purchased the shade blush gems, and I gotta say at first I was really disappointed. I would run my finger through the product and literally nothing would come off. It felt like a rock. It wasn't until I decided to lightly scratch off the top layer, that's when the product started coming out more. I love it, it has great pigmentation, and the price is amazing, it looks great on my skin. Overall I would purchase another one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have these in Blush Gems & Pinktastic. These are fabu! I use them in place of blush because blush tends to overwhelm my round face w glasses. There is simply no room for a pink blush without looking like I have tiger stripes swiped under what's reflecting on the corners of my lower outer lenses of the glasses. They impart a wonderful glow. Not too OTT or disco ball. I do the same thing w the elf shimmering facial whip if I don't use one of these...highest part of cheekbone (which is hard to determine when u have a pudgy round face lol), inner corner of eyes, top of bridge of nose, & Cupid's arrow. I will get Moonlight next time! --> obsessed w anything elf! I'm trying to do my shimmer more subtly as I'm going for a softer focus but oh my these 2 are lovely! But I probably won't quit buying MAC ;)

Just purchased Blush Gems from eBay and despite all the reviews saying it has no glitter and that it has a velvety texture, mine needs several swipes to pick up product and it's full of tiny glitter sparkles. When lightly swatched all you see is glitter and no actual color. I have to layer and layer and by the time I get the highlight to adhere to my skin...I'm FULL of glitter. When swatched with my finger somehow it looks like the online swatches I've seen comparing it to Soft & Gentle. :(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have these in the shade "blush gems" and "pinktastic" (which is technically labeled as a blush, but it's 100% definitely a highlighter). These highlighters aren't very pigmented per se, but they still create a beautiful sheen to the skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

In the pan this looks almost scary, like it would turn you into a disco ball. Thankfully, not true. I have this in Moonlight Pearls, and it gives a really pretty glow to the cheekbones. Nothing garish or OTT at all. The closest thing I have to compare this to is Wet 'n Wild's discontinued cult fave All Over Shimmer powder. Swatched side-by-side (I have a backup of WnW) they are very, very close - main difference is the E.L.F.'s is just a tad more golden. Price-wise, they're also on the same playing field. This is a keeper! ;-)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have the shade Moonlight Pearls, which is a champagne-y gold shade.

+ great pigmentation
+ no glitter, just a nice soft shimmer/shine
+ light gold shade
+ stays all day, doesn't make my entire face sparkly
+ makes a great longlasting eyeshadow too
+ price

- feels slightly chalky and dry

Again I'm very satisfied with another e.l.f. baked product!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have the pink shade which isn't too pink for my skin tone!! This is my favorite highlighter!! Will def buy more!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have a very limited experience with highlighters, but I actually like this one. I got it in Blush Gems, which is a beautiful shimmery-taupe. As in the rest of the reviews, I was a little disappointed in the packaging, but other than hat it goes on nice and stays. Great for beginners with highlighting.