November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Baked Highlighter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in Blush Gems because I read the color payoff (not formula!) was similar to Mac's Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, which it really is.

This is a beautiful color, a sort of champagne and rose-gold mixture. It can be a little difficult to work at first in the sense that its baked and pretty hard, but once you break through that top coating you get to the glorious goody parts! I feel like this shade and its mixture will work for a variety of skintones and shades. AND it's only 3 bucks!

The only con is that the packaging sucks, its really flimsy and cheap looking. I depotted, so that's no biggie for me but I think its worth a mention.

With each new Elf product I try, I find myself more and more impressed. You really can't go wrong picking these up from your local drugstore or online.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading some good reviews on this highlighter, I decided to give it a try since I did not yet own a highlighter and wanted to start with something low end. For the price, this is definitely worth trying but if you're a highlighter connoisseur then you might disagree.
I thought the packaging was a bit odd in that the actual product sits higher than the edges of the pan so this poses an issue for loss of product that falls over the edge. The colour itself (I bought Moonlight Pearls) is beautiful and I believe it would be very versatile given that it is neutral toned.
Initially, I was disappointed with this product as it was quite glittery, but I have since found that most of the glitter seemed to sit on the top layer of product so after a few uses, the glitteriness was considerably less. If I really take the time to buff it into my skin then the result is quite a nice glow with a subtle shimmer.
I go for true glow rather than glitter and if it weren't for the shimmer then I would love this product - but that's just personal preference really and I can easily seeing this being a favourite for other makeup lovers!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by QueenofCats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this highlighter in Moonlight Pearl for $7 its my first ever highlighter, but I love it! It makes my cheekbones look amazing! It provides slight shimmer and I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love these, but it's way too shimmery. It looks like I put micro shimmer on my cheekbones. I wish they still had the same colors but with the same consistency of their baked bronzers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

This highlighter is just perfect for my fair yellow under toned complexion. It is a champagne super light highlighter, reminds me of candle light glow on the skin. Just beautiful!
If you want a super noticeable highlighter for your face, this is not it. It is a very finely milled baked product that looks super natural when applied, no chunky glitters or sparkles! The finish it provides isn't metallic (like a Hard Candy product would provide), it's more of a light shimmery glow.
I really love it, because the color and consistency is perfect and not “JLo over the top reflecting face" type of look.
The only con: The packaging. It looks frail and easy to break. I wouldn't put this in a purse if I were you.
Finally, quality for the price is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by MelissaLovesHerMakeup

I bought this a while ago in Moonlight Pearl. I like it; the price is right and it does a good job of highlighting. Mine broke, but I got another. It's shimmery, not glittery, and is great on top of the cheekbones for a dewy glow. It goes on easily and smoothly (I use my fingers to apply it), but I find that taking the time to blend the highlighter into the skin is worth it, because the edges need to be blended or they can be seen (but I guess this is true of just about any powder product).

I like it, but I prefer Laura Geller's highlighters because they are softer and just a bit subtler than E.L.F. However, they are far more expensive. I will continue to use both brands, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by etain_anders

I bought this because of all the good reviews, but not to use as a highlighter. Frankly, my shiny face needs a highlighter like Mercury needs more sun. I got it because I suspected it would make a wonderful eyeshadow and I was right. It's wonderful: shiny but not sparkly, sheer but not colorless,

It's very firm and I had to scratch the surface a bit to get the eyeshadow to loosen up, but once I did, it goes on very smooth, and judging by how much I've used so far, will last for years. Lovely as a base color, or just on its own for a super quick eye.

Be careful with the hinge as it's easy to break.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a beautiful highlighter! I heard so may great reviews about it and I had to try it myself. Absolutely gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by kett71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this highlighter and love it. Have tried Bobby Brown, Lorac and NYX and this definitely is my favourite. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by falconcutie364

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love the finish this gives. I'm a fan of luminous skin not caked on glitter. this is something that works really well if you're going out. if you want a natural highlight you just have to use a light hand. I've never really had my makeup on that long while wearing this so I can't speak to the staying power. the packaging however is complete crap. I had it in my makeup bag in my purse and it cracked. it is however worth repurchasing bc of the price and finish.