October 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Highlighters - Face Atelier Ultrasheer Pro - #4 Peach

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure how to categorize this bottle of liquid beautifier, but since it "luminizes" I thought "highlighters" is closest. This silicone-based product, however, can also be a primer, a bronzer, a foundation mix for shade-adaption, a body "glow" or "bronzer", to give a pearl sheen to moisturizer...definitely multi-purpose.

#4 Peach can be used to make a foundation "warmer" or just to add a peachy glow on skin. I love "peach" on my skin so I was excited to try this product. The Peach color, however,doesn't work well alone on my skin. If I needed to lighten up a foundation I can see that this would be perfect, because it lightens without "whitening". When I apply this alone it's much too light and it gives my skin pale or slightly gray-ish tones. I would have to use half a bottle to get a peachy color from this on my skin, but I think this would be gorgeous for adding a "sunkissed" look if the color works.

The super great thing about this liquid is it gives "depth" to foundation and makeup without the look of "glitter" or greasy shimmer. The highlighting particles are so finely ground the liquid itself looks luminescent. The "flat matte" look of the anti-dewy '80s looks so fake and overdone, but "dewy" foundations look too greasy on me. Ultrasheer gives me the best of both worlds because it helps control oil while softening reflections like candlelight. It works this way over and under my foundation. With the Peach one I like to mix it into my foundation so it doesn't wash out the areas over which it is applied. I thought the Peach tone would help to mask dark discoloration, but on me it turned the discolorations from brown to gray-ish, so they look even worse! I want this Peach to work, because I love the color, but I'm slowly starting to think the only way for me to use it is to lighten or warm foundation. Since I have great foundation matches at this time I won't yet buy a full bottle of Ultrasheer in Peach. The TAN is another story. I wish it was sold by the gallon.