Sephora Radiant Orchid - Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Rush Matte Lipstick

4.7

on 4/13/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful lipstick! I get compliments whenever I wear it. It says it's matte but it's more satin because it's not a true matte. It's a pinkish purple color, but I notice when I wear it sometimes it shows up more purple and other times it shows up more pink. It has pretty decent staying power. I can get a away with wearing it for a few hours without having to do any touch ups. It gets feels slightly dry on the lips, but not that bad and definitely not uncomfortable. The packaging is like nothing I've seen before. It is rectangular with a magnetic closure. I do find it a bit bulky, especially when keeping it in my purse. I feel like for such a pretty color, it should have more elegant packaging.

on 4/7/2014 7:23:00 AM

I am NW20, mauvey lips, brown eyes, almost black hair. No doubt this is a stunning orchid shade and it looks great on me and my skin tone. It is not as "dark" as my purples and not as bold as my fuchsias. It is quite wearable, yet still makes a statement on my Deep Winter complexion. While the texture is listed as a matte, it isn't hard core matte. I swatched this next to every purple and fuchsia shade I own trying to tell myself it wasn't unique, I shouldn't keep it. But it was just a shade or two different than everything I own to make it unique to me. This lipstick is the PERFECT combination of fuchsia and purple to look flawless on my complexion. So if you love the ideas of shades like Girl About Town or Up the Amp but migth have a hard time pulling them off, give this a whirl. If those two shades had a baby, it would look like Radiant Orchid. Just an FYI, the shades I swatched near it were: MAC Girl About Town & Up the Amp, Revlon Fuchsia Fusion, Fuchsia Shock, Berry Couture, Berry Haute, Violet Frenzy, Iced Violet, & Sultry Samba (new LE Revlon lippie).

on 3/14/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is in no way a matte lipstick. It is definitely a satin. Beautiful color - it's the "Radiant Orchid" color of the year for Pantone, which designates a color every year and collaborates with Sephora to create cosmetics.

So, I just put it on - it's soooo soft and feminine! In one swipe it's got nice pigment and full coverage, but it's buildable. The cool thing is it's almost as bright as candy yum yum but has such a softness to it. It pulls purple next to candy yum yum, pink next to up the amp, and it's also very different than Show orchid but they both have a similar base. Show orchid is darker and like, shimmery sparklier "louder".

If I have it on for about an hour and wipe it off, it leaves a very pretty and pigmented stain. It is long lasting, light weight, not sticky, and actually feels quite moisturizing on my lips even after it's gone.

Packaging is really different - it's square, short, and has a magnetic closure. When closed, the bottom still swivels around but the lipstick does not rise - it's pretty interesting. I gave it 4 because the shape makes it difficult to keep in my lipstick holder for my purse with other glosses inside.

Popular Lipsticks