Estee Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB

3.4

on 3/9/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible! Made my skin much more oily, wouldn't blend properly with my contour and the just looked like a blob on my skin! It barely held up for longer then an hour in the humidity during my trip to South Asia so I barely used it... Disappointed considering it came so highly recommended by the sephora SA !

on 12/5/2014 5:43:00 PM

So I got this a few days ago in shade 3.5 a yellow based time equivalent to tawny in the original. So far so good. Gave adequate coverage buffed on and then I add concealer in areas I need extra cover. Set with powder and stayed on most of my face all day. Disappeared a little on chin and forehead but overall a lovely finish

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So disappointing. My mom only uses Estee Lauder on her face and she's got amazing skin. I tried this since I needed a foundation to wear to work but don't like feeling of thick foundations for everyday plus the reviews were good online. What a let down! It feels greasy on, doesn't do anything to help my skin look or feel better which was the whole point of getting a BB cream. I really like the regular double wear foundation but just find it too heavy for daily use. I thought that this would be a nice compromise but I was so wrong. The color oxidized on me and made me look like a greaseball after an hour and I have DRY SKIN! I tried applying with my hands, with a brush and with a beauty blender and while the brush looked the best, I just dont think it lived up to the hype.

on 9/27/2014 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I almost bought this BB cream without testing it, based on "excellent" reviews on Youtube and beauty blogs. Luckily, I went to Sephora and got a sample, and I am so happy I did. I have combination skin with some dry patches, and I thought that this cream would be excellent since it is directed toward people with all skin types. I was wrong! First of all, this is not a BB cream -- it is a tinted moisturizer. Secondly, the formulation is somehow greasy, and upon application my face looks oily with accentuated pores -- not a good look at all. I didn't want to set it with powder since my goal is to have a simple one-in-all product. The texture is creamy, and it is very easy to apply. The lightest shade, which is intensity 01, is a great match for my light skin tone (between N 15 and 20). In my opinion, it is more on the neutral side. I personally think that this "BB cream" would be excellent for people with very dry skin, but not for people with normal, oily or combination skin.

on 9/14/2014 10:16:00 AM

Bought it at the airport so cant take it back...or else i would. Was told by the SA that this was good for dry skin but it makes my dry skin look even dryer because it cakes on my dry patches. In order not to waste the product ( my money ) i mix it with my moisturizer and then apply it. Therefor the coverage is not great, but ok

on 9/1/2014 6:36:00 AM

So disappointed. I use the entire double wear range - including the double wear foundation which is amazing, the mascara, eye liner abd bb hilighting concealer (which is amazing). So I was excited to try the bb cream - I wanted something lighter for weekends etc. But it is so disappointing. I find it very difficult to blend, its streaky and tough to spread. It provides zero coverage and makes you seem like you have no colour in your face at all - ghostly. It doesn't last longer than say 3 hours without powder.

I love the Estee lauder long wear range, except this product.
I'm better off using the bb highlighter/concealer (AMAZING) and a light dusting of powder for a natural weekend look.

on 8/20/2014 8:27:00 AM

no. just no. I prefer the invisible fluid and the DW light to this.

I purchased it as a lightweight weekend product, something that evens out my skintone, provides an spf but doesn't make me look made up.

it doesn't do this. Its a heavy cakey product, it hasn't got a high enough spf for a bb cream. I use my fingers, I use a brush, it just looks cakey. It doesn't last all day, its gone by lunchtime.
Seriously, I prefer the Maybelline Fit Me foundation to this stuff.

It dries my skin. A bb cream should nourish the skin, this stuff dries the skin.

its a fail in my book. I think the Napoleon Perdis BBB cream is a far more nourishing product and I wasn't a fan of that either.

on 7/26/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a nice enough product but is not the best at its price point. There's nothing left on my face at the end of the day, and I'm just sitting in an office, not wearing a welding mask. Long wearing foundation should wear long and this doesn't. It's a shame because 1.0 is a good match for my skin tone.

on 7/22/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Thankfully the very honest SA warned me about the staying power or lack thereof! The colour was good, but unless you have pretty flawless skin it's coverage isn't great. It was almost gone by end if day. Double wear light is far better

on 7/3/2014 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this product after getting a 10 day trial from Farmers (in NZ on holiday). I chose the BB cream over the foundation sample as I prefer to not use full coverage or heavy make up. I have light skin, and the shade 2 was a perfect match for me.

The sample size they gave was not generous, and I thought perhaps I would run out after 2 applications, but I was plesantly surprised by how far the product goes. I don't have any scars or rosacea to cover up, just a couple of spots every now, dark circles and some uneven skin tone.

This is the best BB cream I've used so far. I didn't find it made me oily and stayed put until I removed it at night. It had enough coverage to use a concealer (my preference). In fact, I really just used it as I would my foundation, and wore a bit of primer or moisturiser underneath, I just found it gave me a better finish than using it on its own.

I can't say I noticed a strong smell, and it was very easy to apply with a brush to get an even finish. I don't think this is a necessary step at all, but I prefer to do it this way. I haven't tried the flash test properly yet, but that is a consideration if you're wearing it out. I think the price is a bit steep, it was $69 but came with a free concealer/mascara.

I would recommend trying it out if you can get a sample as I think it's an expensive risk if you're not 100% sure you like it. Fortunately, I really like it.