Estee Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB

3.2

Very very very disappointing...

on 6/22/2015 8:43:00 AM

This is a great tinted moisturiser (even though it is advertised as a BB cream). Stays on long, blends well, barely noticeable.
The texture is thick.
Relatively heavy coverage for a tinted moisturiser, does rub off if you apply it too thick.
Squeeze bottle is good.
Average price, slightly higher side.

on 5/17/2015 9:08:00 PM

I got a small sample of this last week (enough to last me a whole week or more). So far I've used it twice. I found the product hard to apply and spread, but the finish is very nice and dewy as you would expect from a BB cream. Throughout the day, my skin felt like it was being drained of all it's moisture and every smile I felt like my skin was cracking, it felt so irritating and itchy. I gave it another go the next day, which was a big mistake! Dried my skin out and now I have dry flaky skin... Very disappointed, I really wanted to like this. Would probably be good on someone who normally has normal to oily skin and likes a dewy finish.

on 4/17/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When I ordered Pleasures Flower online, received this as one of my samples from EL.

Sample came in shade 01-Light and surprised to find it is a bit too dark on my light/medium skin tone. Easy to apply - no tugging and dragging, does an average job evening skin tone, and longevity is good. However, it is semi-drying, and this type of matte finish is what I refer to as a "flat matte." It makes my mature, dry skin look dull and drab.

This bb cream would probably work best for one with combo or oily skin, imo.

on 4/14/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Based on my FIRST impression, I hated this stuff. I hated the way it applied to the way it initially sat on my skin. However, after letting it settle onto my skin for about 15 minutes, I noticed it totally transformed. My first thought was "OMG, did I actually just spend $50+ on a BB cream that is awful!?"
At first it accentuated every little peach fuzz hair on my face and was pretty hard to blend. I used my fingers since it has SPF 30 in it. Glad I didn't use a brush! Next time I will try a damp sponge.

This BB cream stay put all day long and still looked good until I washed it off. However, I still needed to apply concealer to hide a few old acne scars. Coverage is very sheer, so you need near to perfect skin to pull this off.

I highly doubt I will repurchase this again. My favourite BB cream is by Marcelle, and it's less than half the price available at Shoppers.

on 4/2/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think Estee Lauder just missed the mark with this product. I love the entire Double Wear Line, and I was so excited that they finally made a product for Normal- Dry skin. However, this product is really nothing special. It made my skintone look very even and radiant and I didn't have any issues with the longevity. But for $40+ (after tax), I expect a foundation to go above and beyond evening out my skintone, and this just... didn't. Honestly, you could do a blind test with this and tell people it was a $10 drugstore product and they still wouldn't be impressed.

So what I do like about this, is the luminous natural coverage. It does have spf 30, which is decent, and it contains a few beneficial ingredients like hyaluronic acid and aloe. I also like the 1 oz squeeze tube, which is hygienic and perfect for travel.

I was disappointed by the moisturizing ability of this BB. I experienced flaking on my forehead and tightness/ itching on my cheeks. But what I hate the most is the price. Why, Estee? Why?! This is a $25 product, max. There's just nothing about it that makes it worth 3-5x more than a drugstore product. For the record, I think the price of DW Light and regular DW foundation are justified. You apply a small amount in the morning and it's still flawless when you go to take it off. That is magical and worth every penny. But this? Not so much.

I will not repurchase this. My favorite BB will always be Skin79 Diamond Prestige. It improves skin tone and texture with continued use, goes on super smooth and stays on for a long time. It's such a superior product to this DW BB and for less money, too.

on 3/9/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible! Made my skin much more oily, wouldn't blend properly with my contour and the just looked like a blob on my skin! It barely held up for longer then an hour in the humidity during my trip to South Asia so I barely used it... Disappointed considering it came so highly recommended by the sephora SA !

on 12/5/2014 5:43:00 PM

So I got this a few days ago in shade 3.5 a yellow based time equivalent to tawny in the original. So far so good. Gave adequate coverage buffed on and then I add concealer in areas I need extra cover. Set with powder and stayed on most of my face all day. Disappeared a little on chin and forehead but overall a lovely finish

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So disappointing. My mom only uses Estee Lauder on her face and she's got amazing skin. I tried this since I needed a foundation to wear to work but don't like feeling of thick foundations for everyday plus the reviews were good online. What a let down! It feels greasy on, doesn't do anything to help my skin look or feel better which was the whole point of getting a BB cream. I really like the regular double wear foundation but just find it too heavy for daily use. I thought that this would be a nice compromise but I was so wrong. The color oxidized on me and made me look like a greaseball after an hour and I have DRY SKIN! I tried applying with my hands, with a brush and with a beauty blender and while the brush looked the best, I just dont think it lived up to the hype.

on 9/27/2014 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I almost bought this BB cream without testing it, based on "excellent" reviews on Youtube and beauty blogs. Luckily, I went to Sephora and got a sample, and I am so happy I did. I have combination skin with some dry patches, and I thought that this cream would be excellent since it is directed toward people with all skin types. I was wrong! First of all, this is not a BB cream -- it is a tinted moisturizer. Secondly, the formulation is somehow greasy, and upon application my face looks oily with accentuated pores -- not a good look at all. I didn't want to set it with powder since my goal is to have a simple one-in-all product. The texture is creamy, and it is very easy to apply. The lightest shade, which is intensity 01, is a great match for my light skin tone (between N 15 and 20). In my opinion, it is more on the neutral side. I personally think that this "BB cream" would be excellent for people with very dry skin, but not for people with normal, oily or combination skin.