August 1, 2014 | 1288 users online

BB Cream - Estee Lauder - Double Wear All Day Glow BB

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice enough product but is not the best at its price point. There's nothing left on my face at the end of the day, and I'm just sitting in an office, not wearing a welding mask. Long wearing foundation should wear long and this doesn't. It's a shame because 1.0 is a good match for my skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Thankfully the very honest SA warned me about the staying power or lack thereof! The colour was good, but unless you have pretty flawless skin it's coverage isn't great. It was almost gone by end if day. Double wear light is far better

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by AlzoBelzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I purchased this product after getting a 10 day trial from Farmers (in NZ on holiday). I chose the BB cream over the foundation sample as I prefer to not use full coverage or heavy make up. I have light skin, and the shade 2 was a perfect match for me.

The sample size they gave was not generous, and I thought perhaps I would run out after 2 applications, but I was plesantly surprised by how far the product goes. I don't have any scars or rosacea to cover up, just a couple of spots every now, dark circles and some uneven skin tone.

This is the best BB cream I've used so far. I didn't find it made me oily and stayed put until I removed it at night. It had enough coverage to use a concealer (my preference). In fact, I really just used it as I would my foundation, and wore a bit of primer or moisturiser underneath, I just found it gave me a better finish than using it on its own.

I can't say I noticed a strong smell, and it was very easy to apply with a brush to get an even finish. I don't think this is a necessary step at all, but I prefer to do it this way. I haven't tried the flash test properly yet, but that is a consideration if you're wearing it out. I think the price is a bit steep, it was $69 but came with a free concealer/mascara.

I would recommend trying it out if you can get a sample as I think it's an expensive risk if you're not 100% sure you like it. Fortunately, I really like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would not rebuy. Not only have I discovered that BB creams aren't for me, but this irritates my rosacea sometimes. In addtion, it just doesn't last as long as I need it to, which, at my most demanding, means making it through a 12 hour shift as a floor nurse + a public transportation commute, all with sweat and stress and barely time to even go to the bathroom, much less, touch up my makeup. I look in the mirror half way through my shift and wonder where the heck this stuff is :( I also don't think BB creams are for me: it's clear that I like long lasting makeup only over the parts of my face that need to be evened out (I don't wear foundation all over), and I also like the option of going without sunscreen if I desire. However, out of the other two BB creams I've tried so far (MAC and the Skin79 stuff in the pink bottle), Estee Lauder's version is the best by leaps and bounds.

BTW: my skin is oily: not hugely so as I've noticed it beginning to dry out a little bit now at age 33, but still oily. My die-hard favorite over the past few years has been Double-Wear Light foundation-I love that stuff.

PROS:
1) Applies well with fingers.
2) The shade ranges work for ME, but not sure it would cover everyone. In the winter at my palest, I'm about intensity 1 (nw20 in MAC). Right now, during the summer with a bigger tan than I've had in years, I can get away with intensity 3 precisely blended, although intensity 2 is probably the better match.
3) The finish is lovely and so natural looking it's practically invisible with the perfect amount of "glow". It's more glowy than DWL but I wouldn't classify this BB cream glowy or dewy.
4) I really like the packaging. Slim, streamline and sophisticated.
5) Provides broad spectrum 30 spf. I'm not educated about the benefits of BB cream and sunscreens so this probably means very little.
6) Provides light-medium coverage so it's perfect for blending out redness and making my skin more even.
7) A little goes a long way

CONS:
1) One of my tubes (intensity 3) smells like play dough when I first apply, belch. Thankfully the scent disappears quickly so I can muddle through it without much issue.
2) That beautiful finish I love only lasts about 6 hours, and the color oxidizes about an hour into it. Also, on a sweaty/oily face, I can easily wipe this off. IMO, this doesn't qualify for the "Double Wear" title.
3) Oil control ability is average and again, not quite the long-range standard that I think of when I think of "Double Wear".
4) Yes, in flash photography, this can give you a ghost face, although that's typically the nature of items with sunscreen in them.
5) It's a little pricey at $38 for 1 oz
6) This has irritated my rosacea here and there. It doesn't always do it, but when I'm experiencing other rosacea triggers, this BB cream adds to the irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this BB cream! It's nice & light, but covers what I want to cover well. I have hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks & this does a great job hiding that & blending in. My Everyday Minerals powder goes on nicely over it & it looks completely natural. It's a very nice, soft finish. I'd recommend this & I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried Bobbie Brown, Mac's Prep and Prime, Cliniques BB and CC and this is my favorite so far. It blends smoothly with a brush or beauty blender and gives me a nice natural skin finish with a little glow. It doesn't feel as heavy as the ones mentioned above. I have oily but dehydrated skin from regular BHA use. Last me 6 to 8 hours. The downside is the color selection. I bought 1.0, the lightest but a 1.5 would be perfect. For my skin tone there is a dramatic jump in color between 1.0 and 2.0. 2.0 was way too dark. There still is a good range of colors for most skin tones. I think this stuff is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by p0lkad0tt

Positives
I love the natural finish compared to the original estee lauder double wear. It oxidises to a perfect match with my skin colour and gives a hint of glow to my cheeks. Another bonus point is that it doesn't look like I'm wearing much makeup.

Negatives?
Unfortunately, I did get quite an awful white cast on my face with flash photography and by the end of the day when I swiped the makeup off my forehead, theres no more product?! I'm not sure if its because I have quite an oily t-zone. But for me, theres not much staying power.

If not for the lack of staying power, I'd probably repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by HoneyQ

Because double wear is my HG foundation but too heavy for a relaxed day, I was so excited for this. Love it, but don't like the smell (not that DW smells great anyways) but this stuff smells like sunscreen. Provides great cover, build able and wears all day, but you are paying $$$ for it. Haven't a a reaction to it, and I have a sensitivity to sunscreens. Worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. This is the best BB cream I have ever used however it isn't my HG. PROs - easy to apply, skin feels silky smooth, lasts for hours with a setting powder and gives a natural glow. CONS- tends to oxidise, can become greasy on t zone, and feels heavy on application. It also doesn't come in a shade for pale skin so is only suitable for the summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have heard from Estee Lauder that they will at some point in the future come out with 0.5 for those of us who need a lighter shade than 1.0. (Why does Estee Lauder seem to be disregarding pale people lately?) Meanwhile I bought the 1.0 to appease my curiosity. My first thought was if I have my eyes closed and sniff I'd swear it was a bottle of sunscreen and I was at the beach! It smells strongly (to me) like sunscreen as though thats all it was. Product is very easy to apply and spread, color 1.0 is as expected too dark for anyone very fair unless you apply it very sparingly. The color 1.0 is nice and pretty neutral upon application just too dark for me. It made my medium pores larger than normal after less than an hour and oxidized too orange. This may not be so apparent if I had the right shade for my face. Coverage is a decent medium in unflawed areas.

I think I would use this occasionally in the right shade/color on days I planned to spend ALOT of time outdoors and had to have sunscreen on my face. Honestly my face is no fan of sunscreen in general so to me its a necessary evil but the strong smell of this one is off putting enough that I would not use it everyday just as an alternative. The smell does linger.

As for the glow. I do not see it as a glow. It is definately easier to work with and smoother application than regular doublewear. I would say it was a step or two above matte for the finish (slightly dewey) but I have dry skin so it may wear alot differently on other skin types. I had to deduct a point because I could not apply under my my eyes (it just made them burn) but other than that is an acceptable albeit expensive product with decent sunscreen level. I still prefer the DW light to this one. I may revist this product when they do bring the lighter shade out but after wearing a week I do not see it as some major improvement over anything else I have used from Estee. Its just good---not great.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No