October 1, 2014 | 1675 users online

BB Cream - Estee Lauder - Double Wear All Day Glow BB

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I almost bought this BB cream without testing it, based on "excellent" reviews on Youtube and beauty blogs. Luckily, I went to Sephora and got a sample, and I am so happy I did. I have combination skin with some dry patches, and I thought that this cream would be excellent since it is directed toward people with all skin types. I was wrong! First of all, this is not a BB cream -- it is a tinted moisturizer. Secondly, the formulation is somehow greasy, and upon application my face looks oily with accentuated pores -- not a good look at all. I didn't want to set it with powder since my goal is to have a simple one-in-all product. The texture is creamy, and it is very easy to apply. The lightest shade, which is intensity 01, is a great match for my light skin tone (between N 15 and 20). In my opinion, it is more on the neutral side. I personally think that this "BB cream" would be excellent for people with very dry skin, but not for people with normal, oily or combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by wiera

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought it at the airport so cant take it back...or else i would. Was told by the SA that this was good for dry skin but it makes my dry skin look even dryer because it cakes on my dry patches. In order not to waste the product ( my money ) i mix it with my moisturizer and then apply it. Therefor the coverage is not great, but ok

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by KitKatSeven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So disappointed. I use the entire double wear range - including the double wear foundation which is amazing, the mascara, eye liner abd bb hilighting concealer (which is amazing). So I was excited to try the bb cream - I wanted something lighter for weekends etc. But it is so disappointing. I find it very difficult to blend, its streaky and tough to spread. It provides zero coverage and makes you seem like you have no colour in your face at all - ghostly. It doesn't last longer than say 3 hours without powder.

I love the Estee lauder long wear range, except this product.
I'm better off using the bb highlighter/concealer (AMAZING) and a light dusting of powder for a natural weekend look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Lochinvar

no. just no. I prefer the invisible fluid and the DW light to this.

I purchased it as a lightweight weekend product, something that evens out my skintone, provides an spf but doesn't make me look made up.

it doesn't do this. Its a heavy cakey product, it hasn't got a high enough spf for a bb cream. I use my fingers, I use a brush, it just looks cakey. It doesn't last all day, its gone by lunchtime.
Seriously, I prefer the Maybelline Fit Me foundation to this stuff.

It dries my skin. A bb cream should nourish the skin, this stuff dries the skin.

its a fail in my book. I think the Napoleon Perdis BBB cream is a far more nourishing product and I wasn't a fan of that either.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice enough product but is not the best at its price point. There's nothing left on my face at the end of the day, and I'm just sitting in an office, not wearing a welding mask. Long wearing foundation should wear long and this doesn't. It's a shame because 1.0 is a good match for my skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Thankfully the very honest SA warned me about the staying power or lack thereof! The colour was good, but unless you have pretty flawless skin it's coverage isn't great. It was almost gone by end if day. Double wear light is far better

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by AlzoBelzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I purchased this product after getting a 10 day trial from Farmers (in NZ on holiday). I chose the BB cream over the foundation sample as I prefer to not use full coverage or heavy make up. I have light skin, and the shade 2 was a perfect match for me.

The sample size they gave was not generous, and I thought perhaps I would run out after 2 applications, but I was plesantly surprised by how far the product goes. I don't have any scars or rosacea to cover up, just a couple of spots every now, dark circles and some uneven skin tone.

This is the best BB cream I've used so far. I didn't find it made me oily and stayed put until I removed it at night. It had enough coverage to use a concealer (my preference). In fact, I really just used it as I would my foundation, and wore a bit of primer or moisturiser underneath, I just found it gave me a better finish than using it on its own.

I can't say I noticed a strong smell, and it was very easy to apply with a brush to get an even finish. I don't think this is a necessary step at all, but I prefer to do it this way. I haven't tried the flash test properly yet, but that is a consideration if you're wearing it out. I think the price is a bit steep, it was $69 but came with a free concealer/mascara.

I would recommend trying it out if you can get a sample as I think it's an expensive risk if you're not 100% sure you like it. Fortunately, I really like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would not rebuy. Not only have I discovered that BB creams aren't for me, but this irritates my rosacea sometimes. In addtion, it just doesn't last as long as I need it to, which, at my most demanding, means making it through a 12 hour shift as a floor nurse + a public transportation commute, all with sweat and stress and barely time to even go to the bathroom, much less, touch up my makeup. I look in the mirror half way through my shift and wonder where the heck this stuff is :( I also don't think BB creams are for me: it's clear that I like long lasting makeup only over the parts of my face that need to be evened out (I don't wear foundation all over), and I also like the option of going without sunscreen if I desire. However, out of the other two BB creams I've tried so far (MAC and the Skin79 stuff in the pink bottle), Estee Lauder's version is the best by leaps and bounds.

BTW: my skin is oily: not hugely so as I've noticed it beginning to dry out a little bit now at age 33, but still oily. My die-hard favorite over the past few years has been Double-Wear Light foundation-I love that stuff.

PROS:
1) Applies well with fingers.
2) The shade ranges work for ME, but not sure it would cover everyone. In the winter at my palest, I'm about intensity 1 (nw20 in MAC). Right now, during the summer with a bigger tan than I've had in years, I can get away with intensity 3 precisely blended, although intensity 2 is probably the better match.
3) The finish is lovely and so natural looking it's practically invisible with the perfect amount of "glow". It's more glowy than DWL but I wouldn't classify this BB cream glowy or dewy.
4) I really like the packaging. Slim, streamline and sophisticated.
5) Provides broad spectrum 30 spf. I'm not educated about the benefits of BB cream and sunscreens so this probably means very little.
6) Provides light-medium coverage so it's perfect for blending out redness and making my skin more even.
7) A little goes a long way

CONS:
1) One of my tubes (intensity 3) smells like play dough when I first apply, belch. Thankfully the scent disappears quickly so I can muddle through it without much issue.
2) That beautiful finish I love only lasts about 6 hours, and the color oxidizes about an hour into it. Also, on a sweaty/oily face, I can easily wipe this off. IMO, this doesn't qualify for the "Double Wear" title.
3) Oil control ability is average and again, not quite the long-range standard that I think of when I think of "Double Wear".
4) Yes, in flash photography, this can give you a ghost face, although that's typically the nature of items with sunscreen in them.
5) It's a little pricey at $38 for 1 oz
6) This has irritated my rosacea here and there. It doesn't always do it, but when I'm experiencing other rosacea triggers, this BB cream adds to the irritation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this BB cream! It's nice & light, but covers what I want to cover well. I have hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks & this does a great job hiding that & blending in. My Everyday Minerals powder goes on nicely over it & it looks completely natural. It's a very nice, soft finish. I'd recommend this & I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried Bobbie Brown, Mac's Prep and Prime, Cliniques BB and CC and this is my favorite so far. It blends smoothly with a brush or beauty blender and gives me a nice natural skin finish with a little glow. It doesn't feel as heavy as the ones mentioned above. I have oily but dehydrated skin from regular BHA use. Last me 6 to 8 hours. The downside is the color selection. I bought 1.0, the lightest but a 1.5 would be perfect. For my skin tone there is a dramatic jump in color between 1.0 and 2.0. 2.0 was way too dark. There still is a good range of colors for most skin tones. I think this stuff is great!