Estee Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB

3.3

on 6/22/2015 8:43:00 AM

This is a great tinted moisturiser (even though it is advertised as a BB cream). Stays on long, blends well, barely noticeable.
The texture is thick.
Relatively heavy coverage for a tinted moisturiser, does rub off if you apply it too thick.
Squeeze bottle is good.
Average price, slightly higher side.

on 5/17/2015 9:08:00 PM

I got a small sample of this last week (enough to last me a whole week or more). So far I've used it twice. I found the product hard to apply and spread, but the finish is very nice and dewy as you would expect from a BB cream. Throughout the day, my skin felt like it was being drained of all it's moisture and every smile I felt like my skin was cracking, it felt so irritating and itchy. I gave it another go the next day, which was a big mistake! Dried my skin out and now I have dry flaky skin... Very disappointed, I really wanted to like this. Would probably be good on someone who normally has normal to oily skin and likes a dewy finish.

on 4/17/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When I ordered Pleasures Flower online, received this as one of my samples from EL.

Sample came in shade 01-Light and surprised to find it is a bit too dark on my light/medium skin tone. Easy to apply - no tugging and dragging, does an average job evening skin tone, and longevity is good. However, it is semi-drying, and this type of matte finish is what I refer to as a "flat matte." It makes my mature, dry skin look dull and drab.

This bb cream would probably work best for one with combo or oily skin, imo.

on 4/14/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Based on my FIRST impression, I hated this stuff. I hated the way it applied to the way it initially sat on my skin. However, after letting it settle onto my skin for about 15 minutes, I noticed it totally transformed. My first thought was "OMG, did I actually just spend $50+ on a BB cream that is awful!?"
At first it accentuated every little peach fuzz hair on my face and was pretty hard to blend. I used my fingers since it has SPF 30 in it. Glad I didn't use a brush! Next time I will try a damp sponge.

This BB cream stay put all day long and still looked good until I washed it off. However, I still needed to apply concealer to hide a few old acne scars. Coverage is very sheer, so you need near to perfect skin to pull this off.

I highly doubt I will repurchase this again. My favourite BB cream is by Marcelle, and it's less than half the price available at Shoppers.

on 4/2/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think Estee Lauder just missed the mark with this product. I love the entire Double Wear Line, and I was so excited that they finally made a product for Normal- Dry skin. However, this product is really nothing special. It made my skintone look very even and radiant and I didn't have any issues with the longevity. But for $40+ (after tax), I expect a foundation to go above and beyond evening out my skintone, and this just... didn't. Honestly, you could do a blind test with this and tell people it was a $10 drugstore product and they still wouldn't be impressed.

So what I do like about this, is the luminous natural coverage. It does have spf 30, which is decent, and it contains a few beneficial ingredients like hyaluronic acid and aloe. I also like the 1 oz squeeze tube, which is hygienic and perfect for travel.

I was disappointed by the moisturizing ability of this BB. I experienced flaking on my forehead and tightness/ itching on my cheeks. But what I hate the most is the price. Why, Estee? Why?! This is a $25 product, max. There's just nothing about it that makes it worth 3-5x more than a drugstore product. For the record, I think the price of DW Light and regular DW foundation are justified. You apply a small amount in the morning and it's still flawless when you go to take it off. That is magical and worth every penny. But this? Not so much.

I will not repurchase this. My favorite BB will always be Skin79 Diamond Prestige. It improves skin tone and texture with continued use, goes on super smooth and stays on for a long time. It's such a superior product to this DW BB and for less money, too.

on 3/9/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible! Made my skin much more oily, wouldn't blend properly with my contour and the just looked like a blob on my skin! It barely held up for longer then an hour in the humidity during my trip to South Asia so I barely used it... Disappointed considering it came so highly recommended by the sephora SA !

on 12/5/2014 5:43:00 PM

So I got this a few days ago in shade 3.5 a yellow based time equivalent to tawny in the original. So far so good. Gave adequate coverage buffed on and then I add concealer in areas I need extra cover. Set with powder and stayed on most of my face all day. Disappeared a little on chin and forehead but overall a lovely finish

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So disappointing. My mom only uses Estee Lauder on her face and she's got amazing skin. I tried this since I needed a foundation to wear to work but don't like feeling of thick foundations for everyday plus the reviews were good online. What a let down! It feels greasy on, doesn't do anything to help my skin look or feel better which was the whole point of getting a BB cream. I really like the regular double wear foundation but just find it too heavy for daily use. I thought that this would be a nice compromise but I was so wrong. The color oxidized on me and made me look like a greaseball after an hour and I have DRY SKIN! I tried applying with my hands, with a brush and with a beauty blender and while the brush looked the best, I just dont think it lived up to the hype.

on 9/27/2014 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I almost bought this BB cream without testing it, based on "excellent" reviews on Youtube and beauty blogs. Luckily, I went to Sephora and got a sample, and I am so happy I did. I have combination skin with some dry patches, and I thought that this cream would be excellent since it is directed toward people with all skin types. I was wrong! First of all, this is not a BB cream -- it is a tinted moisturizer. Secondly, the formulation is somehow greasy, and upon application my face looks oily with accentuated pores -- not a good look at all. I didn't want to set it with powder since my goal is to have a simple one-in-all product. The texture is creamy, and it is very easy to apply. The lightest shade, which is intensity 01, is a great match for my light skin tone (between N 15 and 20). In my opinion, it is more on the neutral side. I personally think that this "BB cream" would be excellent for people with very dry skin, but not for people with normal, oily or combination skin.

on 9/14/2014 10:16:00 AM

Bought it at the airport so cant take it back...or else i would. Was told by the SA that this was good for dry skin but it makes my dry skin look even dryer because it cakes on my dry patches. In order not to waste the product ( my money ) i mix it with my moisturizer and then apply it. Therefor the coverage is not great, but ok