December 21, 2014 | 1087 users online

Pressed Powders - Hourglass - Ambient Lighting Powder - Mood Light

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by jkim526

I initially bought Dim Light because my friend suggested using as an all over powder for that luminous glow and to blur out the imperfection. She also mentions that it wasn't too matt but wasn't too sparkly either. It looks gorgeous on her since she's tanner than me but on my fair to medium skin it seemed a bit orangey rather than that peachy glow Dim claims to be. So I went back to Sephora and swapped it for Mood Light. I'm a HUGE sucker for anything pink, especially soft, light, baby, pretty, pastel pink such as Mood Light. I use it as a blush and it's above average. I was expecting to be bit more pigmented for the price but it isn't all that everyone hyped it up to be. Nonetheless I kept it since the packaging is durable and since I use it only as a highlighter/blush it's going to last me awhile. Also it's just too pretty to look at. I know that's not a good reason to buy a 45$USD worth blush but to me it is!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

Mood light was at the bottom of my priority list when I was building up my collection of Hourglass powders. A lot of reviews classified this as a blush and not as a setting powder and I didn't really want to use Hourglass powders as blush. I was also a bit hesitant because pink bases normally make me dull and makes my complexion darker. But since I had such excellent experiences with the other Hourglass powders, I also decided to buy this eventually.

The first time I used it made me fall in love with it. I always use Hourglass powders as an all over powder after applying my base makeup (BB cream or foundation). Under soft lighting, this gave me such a soft and romantic rosy glow. It really gave off a pale pink finish but not in a bad way. It made my makeup look so soft and glowing and it really complimented the highlighted points on my face.

I never pack on powder on my face because too much powder makes me look cakey so I think this is really best worn with a light application. The only issue I had with this is that it had no oil control so it's not really used to address this problem. Before I apply this powder, I always use pat my tzone with a blotting sheet and it somewhat helps with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went with the intention to purchase Dim Light due to the hype and reviews but of course it was sold out. I found myself gravitating towards mood light, because I'm quite pale I thought it would be a pretty blush alternative and never intended to use it for anything else as the idea of putting pale lavender power on my pale skin was a bit crazy.

But this stuff is the sh*t! I applies beautifully and gives an amazing healthy glow. The first time I wore it ( lightly dusted on the high points of face and some on cheeks) a friend, who I was meeting for coffee, asked me if I had gotten lucky that afternoon because I had 'after glow'.

Since then I tend to get more compliments on my skin when i lightly apply this baby.

Be WARNED it can easily be overdone and you can look like you have run a 10km marathon in 40c heat. a light hand is a must!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I got all six shades and I will review them individually and as a whole in the main review for these powders. This particular shade reminds me of exactly how it is described; mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion. What I would say is use them in the opposite light you're going to be in. For example this shade, I think this would look during the day when you haven't gotten a lot of sleep. I wear this work work a lot because it brightens my complexion and makes me look more rested. For the most part you have to be careful with these powders because you can quickly overdo it. I would choose a soft powder brush and lightly tap it into the product and tap it off before applying. I think the key to them looking natural is a very light application. Otherwise they would alter the shade of your skin and look fake and awkward. Oppositely, I would use one of the darker shades, like Dim or Radiant Light if I was going to be in fluorescent light to soften my features a bit. So far I like the texture of the particular shade and the actual shade is exactly as described;A soft, sheer lavender pink. Hourglass nailed the intended light also, which I think is very clever and more advanced than typical makeup, therefore making it worth the price tag. I will update as I play more, but so far, I am loving these.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No