October 25, 2014 | 1447 users online

Pressed Powders - Hourglass - Ambient Lighting Powder - Mood Light

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

Mood light was at the bottom of my priority list when I was building up my collection of Hourglass powders. A lot of reviews classified this as a blush and not as a setting powder and I didn't really want to use Hourglass powders as blush. I was also a bit hesitant because pink bases normally make me dull and makes my complexion darker. But since I had such excellent experiences with the other Hourglass powders, I also decided to buy this eventually.

The first time I used it made me fall in love with it. I always use Hourglass powders as an all over powder after applying my base makeup (BB cream or foundation). Under soft lighting, this gave me such a soft and romantic rosy glow. It really gave off a pale pink finish but not in a bad way. It made my makeup look so soft and glowing and it really complimented the highlighted points on my face.

I never pack on powder on my face because too much powder makes me look cakey so I think this is really best worn with a light application. The only issue I had with this is that it had no oil control so it's not really used to address this problem. Before I apply this powder, I always use pat my tzone with a blotting sheet and it somewhat helps with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went with the intention to purchase Dim Light due to the hype and reviews but of course it was sold out. I found myself gravitating towards mood light, because I'm quite pale I thought it would be a pretty blush alternative and never intended to use it for anything else as the idea of putting pale lavender power on my pale skin was a bit crazy.

But this stuff is the sh*t! I applies beautifully and gives an amazing healthy glow. The first time I wore it ( lightly dusted on the high points of face and some on cheeks) a friend, who I was meeting for coffee, asked me if I had gotten lucky that afternoon because I had 'after glow'.

Since then I tend to get more compliments on my skin when i lightly apply this baby.

Be WARNED it can easily be overdone and you can look like you have run a 10km marathon in 40c heat. a light hand is a must!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I got all six shades and I will review them individually and as a whole in the main review for these powders. This particular shade reminds me of exactly how it is described; mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion. What I would say is use them in the opposite light you're going to be in. For example this shade, I think this would look during the day when you haven't gotten a lot of sleep. I wear this work work a lot because it brightens my complexion and makes me look more rested. For the most part you have to be careful with these powders because you can quickly overdo it. I would choose a soft powder brush and lightly tap it into the product and tap it off before applying. I think the key to them looking natural is a very light application. Otherwise they would alter the shade of your skin and look fake and awkward. Oppositely, I would use one of the darker shades, like Dim or Radiant Light if I was going to be in fluorescent light to soften my features a bit. So far I like the texture of the particular shade and the actual shade is exactly as described;A soft, sheer lavender pink. Hourglass nailed the intended light also, which I think is very clever and more advanced than typical makeup, therefore making it worth the price tag. I will update as I play more, but so far, I am loving these.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No