July 29, 2014 | 1980 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Colorist Secrets Haircolor Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this after accidentally dyeing my hair pewter grey. My underlying color was bleach blonde. This worked extremely fast; I was back to a level 10 from a dark dark grey in 5 minutes!

My only caveat is that this spreads like a powder based bleach -- you have to sort of smash it in rather than running it through. I hate this texture, as I think it creates damage. It's probably a pain on long hair, too (I have a pixie).

It didn't tone at all, of course, but it also didn't damage my hair. The European/UK equivalent Colour B4 took almost an hour and made my hair look ROUGH, so Colorist Secrets is a real gem.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am about to change my hair color, and I forgot to pick up Color Fix while I was at Sally's, so I stopped by my local Walgreen's and bought this. It was the only haircolor remover they had in stock. I bought this expecting it to be what it says it is right on the front of the box, an "artificial haircolor remover". How silly of me. I mean, who expects packaging to easily display what the contents of the box will actually do?

I figured it would be similar to the Jheri Redding Color Fix I have used in the past, which removes any artificial dye from your hair, leaving you with your natural hair color (and hair smelling of farts for several days afterward).

The L'Oreal Haircolor Remover is ******NOT****** an artificial hair dye remover that will return your hair to its natural color. It's hair BLEACH. It bleached my roots but was unable to bleach my black hair dye I have on my hair. I didn't find out it was bleach until I went to rinse it out, and saw my bleached copper-orange roots. I did not want to BLEACH my hair color out because I know better than to try to bleach black hair dye out of your hair.

Thanks for the deception, L'Oreal. Now I'm out almost $13 and my hair is spotted. I will never buy this again.