July 25, 2014 | 1891 users online

Lip Liners - Milani - Anti-Feathering Lip Liner

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm fielding out this anti-feathering lip liner for the first time and my first impressions:

-It's easy to overdo the application of this product to the lip (I applied all over to prep) and be imprecise since it's a transparent color, and that's okay!
-It has a good amount of slip - the pencil is soft and it glides on effortlessly.
-HOWEVER, and this is the kicker: Once I applied on lipstick, the lipstick-to-liner contact created this strange, gunky/tacky texture that's extremely unpleasant to feel and detect. The lipstick in question that I used was a Revlon Colorburst one, that has a buildable color - though I only applied one pigmented layer. I think the liner's great for bringing out colors that way.

If it weren't for the gunky feeling, I'd say this liner would be great for prepping the lips, maintaining lipstick, and being a universal substitute to all lip liners out there on the market - buuuuuuut, that just isn't the case. In fact, it's almost too drying on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by gautierje

I really like it. I've been looking for a product like this all over my drug store ad I just found it and it made me so happy. It was pricey at my CVS, but overall, it's a great product. definitely a staple for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does exactly what it promises to: when applied to the edges of the lips, it keeps lipstick and lipgloss from migration. The price can't be beat, making it a good alternative to the high-end clear lipliners.

I have two small issues with the product. First, when applied the formula feels somewhat tacky to the touch. It's not something you'd notice just wearing it, but only if you were to touch where you applied it. This may also be noticed if you use the product to prime your lips (I don't use the pencil in this manner).

Second, the pencil is exceptionally difficult to sharpen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

My overall rating is a 4. I do think this is a good liner but I do have issues with it.
This is a transparent lip liner that claims to help prime the lips, prevents feathering and keeps lip products from bleeding. The texture of this liner is waxy and it glides on very easily. I'm more of a gloss girl and I typically don't reach for lipsticks but I do still wear them from time to time. My biggest problem with lipsticks is bleeding outside the lip lines. I have a prominent cupid's bow with a fuller bottom lip. So, all lipsticks bleed into my cupid's bow which drives me nuts. I gave up on traditional lip liners because they never help my lip products from bleeding. I do have to say that this Milani lip liner really prevents my lipsticks and glosses from bleeding. Outstanding performance! As for priming the lips, I don't really notice a difference in my lipstick lasting longer with this liner. However, I do notice that it does help with feathering and it prevents lipstick and gloss from fading unevenly. Now, my problem with this liner is that it dries my lips and makes them feel coated but also rough. I feel like I need to exfoliate my lips after I use this. It could be just a reaction to an ingredient in this liner. But, overall I still feel it is a good product to try out.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Synthetic Wax, Polybutene, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Cetearyl Behenate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone/VinylDimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mica, Ceramide 3, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, HydrolyzedWheat Protein, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Water (Aqua).

Price: $4.49