August 2, 2014 | 1570 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade-- Dark Brown

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using MAC's DipDown Fluidline for my brows for years and have no complaints.
I decided to try this product on a whim. Couldn't decided on a color (I dye my hair black) so I picked up the Ebony and Dark Brown. I don't mind how bold the ebony looks (I use a heavy hand), but for everyday/work, the Dark Brown is a better match.

A little goes a very long way! I find that this is creamier than the Mac formula, and therefore that makes it a little trickier to apply. It has a little more of a slippery feel to it. I have very thin plucked eyebrows that I draw on everyday. This item, is not replacing my Mac. It goes on very pigment, which I love, but I do find that it smears and smudges within a few hours. I did apply first with Anastasia's #20 double ended spoolie brush, and I was NOT a fan of that brush at all. I hated it. I MUCH prefer my MAC 266.

I don't know if it is just my oily skin, but I want to think not, because I don't have this issue with Mac's. I work in an office, and I've heard that the lack of circulation in an office can make someone's already oily skin that much more oily. It is very pigmented and creamy, but almost too creamy. I prefer some more texture to my product. Very happy with the amount of product though.

I will update my review once I've had to wear this product all day, outside of the office, but for now, I am not impressed with it. I will probably stick to mac in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Brittskay

If you're obsessed with bold perfect eyebrows then this is for you! Holy grail product!! A little seriously goes a long way! I have very oily skin And this lasted me the entire day and did not smudge. It's easy to apply and easy to blend. I recommend working with a light hand to start and build the product up to your desire.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found my new HG brow product!!
Before I used ABH brow wiz, I still do sometimes for a more natural look and still love it, but this..? OMG!!! I'm in love!! Gives the perfectly chiseled brows you see in models, doesn't move and perfects the face!! My only complaint is that it dries a bit after a while, but still works great!
Just remember, be light handed with this, a little bit goes a very long way. I use it with a Mac 208 brush, I've tried it with the Anastasia 20 brush, but I find the Mac one distributes the color better. Run a spoolie over the brows and finish with Anastasia clear brow gel (to keep stray hairs in place) and you're good for the rest of the day - the longest I've worn this is 15 hours, at the end of the day, my brows still looked perfect..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Omg the perfect eyebrow product ever. I work in the funeral industry and have to look my best at all times. Today I was in over 100 degree weather and sweating bullets in my all black suit at a burial. I expected my perfectly chiseled eyebrows that I previously left the house in the morning to now look like crap but to my amazement they looked as perfect as ever! Cannot express how grateful I am to have found this product in my line of work. 😍

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This product makes your brows look amazeballs. In the past I have used the Lingering pencil and Dipdown by MAC. Then I used the brow duo powder by AnastasiaOBH. I now made the switch to Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown and wowsie, i looooove it. It matches my eyebrows perfectly with my black hair and stays put all day. The cream/gel has a perfect texture and is highly (!!) pigmented so careful when loading up your brush. The price is not cheap Euro 27,95 butttt the amount you have to use is so little, I can't imagine ever finishing this jar... Make sure you use your spoolie brush to comb through for a natural effect, I finish off with my Eyeko Brow Gel and I don't have to check my brows during the day. Comes off easy with my makeup remover at the end of the day. Application is quick, easy and everlasting, overall I absolutely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Girls - THROW AWAY your eyebrow products and try this!! You will not be disappointed! I have been a Revlon Brow Fantasy user for 9 years now. It was the only thing I've used all these years, but I was beginning to hate it because the pencil ran out before the gel. Absolutely not worth it! I saw many YT videos about this product and also read the reviews on MUA. What struck me about this product is that you can also use it as an eyeshadow base and eyeliner. I have tried both and it's AMAZING! I'm never buying potted eyeliner because this stays on until you wash it off. In fact, you have to use a waterproof makeup remover to take it off. As for the brows, they look so good. And the best thing is that I didn't have to keep checking the mirror ALL DAY to see if my brows were still there...yeah, Revlon rubbed off within 4 hours (NOT this!). I bought the Anastasia #12 brush duo along with this pomade and both work together like peas and carrots. This stuff will last you for a long time because you don't need much to fill in your brows. I HIGHLY recommend this!! HG product for life!! ****TIPS*** 1) Be sure to blend well with a spoolie. 2) Product is well-pigmented, so, please use tiny amounts at a time.3) Just lke any other potted eyeliner, store this jar in a ziploc bag and place in a drawer away from your bathroom to avoid drying. I learned this from a well-known YT makeup guru. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by HapaKikui

This is hands down the best brow product I have ever used, and is even better than any product that has been used on me by makeup artists for photo shoots.

I was concerned that this would look unnatural on me due to it being so close to my hair color but with a light hand and using only a very tiny bit, not at all. As other reviews have pointed out: a little goes a long way. In addition, I find its consistency surprisingly easy to control. I even have gotten compliments on how great my brows look, and my mother was impressed by how natural it looks. Plus, even after working for 7 hours in smoldering heat and sweating profusely, it was still intact and showed minimal signs of fading! No smudging or bleeding, either. Amazing. I have finally found my HG brow gel! Woo hoo!
_______________________

TLDR
Pros:
-color a perfect match
-looks natural with a light hand
-a great value; very much worth the $18 (i.e. I am not going to run out of this for a long time)
-easy to control
-exceptional lasting power; sweat proof just as product claims and fading is minimal
-does not smudge or smear

Cons: (*UPDATED*)
-Dark brown is still a little too red for the color of my natural brows. However, this can be remedied by using a light hand. Your brows will look more natural this way anyways, with a less drawn-on look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by hfinegan12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the definition of a holy grail product, it is magical and I am going to tell you why you need this In your life. If you are a fellow makeup lover this Is the best brow product I have come across. This product is extremely easy to work with and it is defiantly worth the price. It last so long I put it on my brows at 7:00 A.m and I went all day and fell asleep with it on (I know its not good for me but oh well) and I woke up the nest day and my eyebrows still looked just like when I put them on. If you do not own this product please do yourself a favor and go buy it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a young adult my naturally bushy brows (think Andy Rooney) were the bane of my existence. Only during the brief phase when Brooke Shields' heavy brows were chic did I ever get a break from daily plucking. Fast forward to age 50 and somehow even my brows have thinned to the point where my "tails" are fading. A threading incident last year when an overly zealous beautician threaded hairs from INSIDE my brows left me even patchier.

As a result I've tried many brow powders and pencils. I struggle to manipulate pencils (it's hard to find ones that aren't too thick and have staying power) and powder doesn't last on me. So far, the best thing I've found is Anastasia Brow Wiz. When that ran out I decided to try this after reading good things about it. I liked the idea of a gel. The problem with this product is it's sold out everywhere, so it is hard to 1) figure out your color from online swatches and 2) get assistance in how to use it.

Anastasia is the brand I trust most for great color in brow products. I ended up buying Dark Brown online and it is a good match for my almost black (but not Asian) brows; however, I normally use Medium Ash in Brow Wiz and I think a lighter color like that would look better (does not exist yet, coming out in fall but I couldn't wait).

I watched online tutorials to learn how to use this product. I am still getting the hang of it especially since most tutorials seem to be people with very "styled" brows (i.e. you can tell by looking at them this girl spends a lot of time on brows/has product on brows.) I prefer a natural look so I am working to make it not so hard-edged/painted-on looking. I use a very light hand with a fine edged eyeliner brush and then blend it a bit with a clean spoolie.

On the plus side, this product has NO red in it whatsoever, which is hard to find in brow product. It is also long-lasting and does not smear once it sets.

On the downside, I feel that it produces a somewhat more "made-up" look that I like, but I also think that's me still learning how to apply it.

I plan to continue using this dark color for the "Carla DeLavigne" look until Fall and then buy a lighter shade so I will have more options.

Assuming this doesn't dry out, seriously a pot would last you like 8 years of daily use.....you barely need to tap your brush to it to get enough product for a brow!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by midgetasian93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best thing to have ever happened to me. The colour is rich without looking unnatural, and just glides on. The best thing about it though is how long it lasts; people say they don't need makeup to last long because "who goes to sleep with their makeup on." Yes well, being young and whatnot with this product I am able to wake up after a night out without worrying about my eyebrows. In Australia it's a little expensive ($35, but I bought it from Anastasia.net for $18 + the shipping costs) but it is so worth it, I've wasted so much money on pencils that did not last on my eyebrows on the actual product itself would last a day. Maybe I've been doing something wrong. If that's the case then that's an extra bonus for the products because even idiots can use it. I love love love this. I love Anastasia.