January 30, 2015 | 1909 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade - Dark Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 7:36:00 AM More reviews by MsKaren

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried a few different products on my sparse brows but nothing really worked out until the stylist at sephora did a demo of this product on my brows. I love it. The colour, staying power and ease of application are great. And although nobody is going to mistake the gel for actual brows up close I feel that overall the product looks more natural than anything I have tried in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ambercamille

I was bitten by a dog and lost half of my eyebrow. For years I have tried to find something to fill this weird gap that didn't make it obvious that I was literally drawing this part of my eyebrow. I found it! I use this to fill in my tails and arch and I buff a little in the inner part of my brows. I love it! It lasts all day and night, even in humidity. A tiny bit goes a long way and I feel like I have barely made a dent in my jar and I have used it almost everyday for 8 months. The only problem I have with this is that the product dries out a bit in the jar. I usually just dig my brush down a little deeper to pull out more moist product then wipe off the excess on the lid. I am thinking of buying Inglot Duraline to bring it back to life. Either way, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 9:51:00 AM More reviews by honeyandrade

The best makeup product (for my brows) that I've tried so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 1:06:00 AM More reviews by starrcreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely a HG level product!
Lasted from 5am to 6pm without primer or base or fancy whatever, half that time spent outside in the awful cold Auckland winter rain walking/running around campus sweating from exertion. It was like standing under my shower head. But freezing cold water then hot from rushing around... Didn't fade in the slightest!

The extra bonus of this already amazing product is that it comes off so easily in a hot shower, no remover is needed!

Anyone thinking it's on the pricey side: I've owned this for half a year and wear it every single day, I've hardly made a dent in it and despite what others say about it drying out, I actually like that it has dried a little. Instead of being super soft like it was at first which made me pick up way too much with my brush (it's so incredibly pigmented!), it's now perfect so that I can pick up not too much with a few brushstrokes.

Bottom line: everybody needs this in their life.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ccparra27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product!!! A little goes a long way...does not budge and very packaging is great!!! I takes a bit of practice to get it right initially, but after a few tries it is easy. Highly recommend this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 2:19:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

Great brow product, slightly disappointed to find out it's made in PRC ie China.That being said this product never budges, the colour is buildable depending how dark you want it and the consistency is ideal for creating a very clean look.

Having the product at room temperature is key if you want it to blend nicely, if the product is cold or hard for any reason it will not blend as smoothly! I use a fine slanted brush and draw an underline, then brush the product upwards to blend it. You can also use a slanted brush to lightly brush the product in if you're just looking to fill in a bit. A little goes a long way! The pomade is quite pigmented so I suggest using less product and blending it out well.

Biggest drawback is just that it's made in PRC! Sadly makes me question the quality. For this reason I wouldn't buy again. I love the pomade consistency for doing my brows but I think I can find other products out there with similar textures ie gels, creams that are not made in China.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 10:30:00 PM More reviews by katiscool1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

L O V E this!!! It last forever. this is the only brow product I really need, I'm in love with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 10:05:00 AM More reviews by TaliaVerdara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. Easily the best purchase I have made at sephora and I'm not kidding. I use this sparingly, as a little goes a long way. I lightly dip my flat eyeliner brush in it and dab the excess off on the lid before applying it. I find this is the best way to apply the pomade. You don't want to use a bunch or else your eyebrows will look like you just drew them on with paint. The color compliments my skin tone and eyes and looks very natural. This product doesn't budge and doesn't smudge which I'm so happy about, especially because I have oily skin. I would definitely recommend this stuff! But please watch a few YouTube videos or do some research on how to apply this if you're not sure! It can look really bad if you don't know how to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 1:29:00 AM More reviews by mimipls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is easily THE best product I have used for my brows EVER! It's so smooth and creamy but dries quickly so it's unlikely you'll smudge your brows. I've used powders and pencils and this is my HG for sure. It's hyped up a lot on youtube and in the beauty/make up community but there is a reason for it - because it's great! I'd recommend that this be applied with an angled brow/liner brush. You can achieve fierce or natural brows with this pomade, however it may take a little while to perfect and/or get used to. If you're wanting to buy this GO BUY IT! It's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Believe the hype! This is most definitely HG material for me. I have NC 35 skin tone (medium) and dark brown hair and brows. While I have a thick head of hair, I haven't been blessed in the eyebrow department-my brows are naturally on the thin side and because the brow hair is not thick/grows in different directions, my brows (left unattended) look less thick/tame than they could otherwise. Enter Dipbrow. I like to follow some makeup artists on Instagram, and many of them post pictures of perfectly done up brows with the #dipbrow hashtag, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least look at reviews since so many artists use it. I originally thought that Dipbrow would be too unnatural and harsh for my liking, but after reading some reviews, realized it's all about application. Sure, you could go for a bold brow, but what is great about this product, is that you can also get a natural look. The Dark Brown shade is a perfect match for my brows--Ebony seemed too dark and is better suited to those with black hair. Dark Brown is perfectly neutral, dark but not too dark, so if you have dark brown hair and brows without a red undertone, it should be a match. It would be a good idea to have a sales associate at Sephora help you out...the great thing is that there are several shades to choose from. So anyway, application-wise, Dipbrow is easy to apply since it has a creamy consistency, but if like most women you're going for a natural look to enhance your brows, you need to be slow and meticulous (online tutorials help a lot). I lightly swipe the end of a brow brush (I use Tarte's dual ended brow brush with spoolie) into the product, lightly wipe off excess, and then underline the bottom of my brows. I repeat, doing the same to the top. Then, I use what's left on the brush (using a tiny bit more product, if needed) to lightly fill in my brows. This next step is key: brush, brush, brush through brows with a spoolie to evenly distribute product. You could end here but if desired you can also set brows into place with a brow gel (I like Maybelline Great Lash in Clear) or even aloe vera gel (the mostly natural kind). All I can say is WOW. My brows look SO much better when I use this, and with careful application, it isn't obvious I have product on- it looks more like "slightly darkened/enhanced" brows than a dark/drawn in harsh brow. It does not budge at all even at the end of a long day, but is easily removed with oil (I use Jojoba oil) or face wash. It costs $18, which considering the amount of product you get, and in comparison to other high end brands, is a good deal. HG material and highly recommended.