August 28, 2014 | 1317 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Nude Compliment #90

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A lovely light shimmery taupe that will look good on everyone. I love that it's neutral as opposed to warm or cool toned because that's what makes it so versatile. You can dress it up with a smokey crease colour or keep it daytime with just a mascara.

One drawback is that the Nude collection seems to dry out faster. For example, my Frosted Shore from last year is still going strong while this is starting to dry out after 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Good God I love this shadow. It's LE which sucks because it's just like Tough As Taupe but has shimmer in it. Such a staple product that they need to add to the permanent line. This wears great and works great on its own for a natural look or under other shadows as a base like all the other tattoos.

I am probably grabbing another before they stop selling this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was finally able to get my hands on one of these - the last one at the Shoppers Drug Mart I was at. It's a shame this is limited edition; Maybelline would be wise to make this a permanent addition to the Colour Tattoo line. As the first reviewer commented, this is very much like Benefit's Birthday Suit, which is one of my "work horse" shadows for a simple, flattering and quick eye look but Nude Compliment costs less than half and it lasts better (I love the Creaseless Cream shadows from Benefit but they're not as "creaseless" and you might hope, given the name). I already have Tough as Taupe and it's a great shadow but it is so matte that it can look a bit lifeless, as I said in my review when I first got it. Nude Compliment has all the wearability and great "taupeness" of Tough as Taupe but it has just the right amount of sheen so that it doesn't look as flat or dull as Tough as Taupe. If you can find this shadow, buy it because you aren't likely to regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by distinewatso123

This is my favorite color tattoo to date! It is a cool toned taupe with a satin finish that can be worn as a sheer wash of color or built up to a more vivid stand alone shadow for a quick look. My favorite way to wear it is as a base under silver, taupe, & purple shadows. I especially enjoy pairing it with shadows from my naked 2 palette! It is very creamy and blends out easily using my fingers and I find it lasts all day on my oily lids as long as I apply UDPP underneath. I read online that it is limited edition so I will definitely be purchasing a backup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This is a taupe shimmery shade along the lines of Benefit Birthday Suit and I am sure MAC and BB have a comparable color as well, but the names are escaping me at the moment. It actually reminded me of a cream formula of MAC Patina eye shadow, but nicer on me as I have a hard time wearing Patina. It is distinctively cooler and much tauper than Bad to the Bronze. If I had to choose one, I prefer the look of Bad to the Bronze on my NW20 skin, brown eyes, almost black hair (3n) for a bronzey eye. Bad to the Bronze wears as a cooler bronze or a warmer taupe on me and looks great with soft pinks. Nude Compliment is straight up cool taupe shimmer. It wears a very nice, soft day time type shadow and looks STUNNING with those fall vampy lip shades. I like to wear this shade sheer and light. Where as Bad to the Bronze I wear a bit heavier. Though I am not usually a huge fan of this type of shade, Nude Compliment is gorgeous on my brown eyes coming off as almost a shimmery khaki shade. For those of you that wish Tough as Taupe was softer and not so mud like, you will love Nude Compliment.