January 26, 2015 | 1943 users online

Lips - Etude - Dear Darling Tint (All colours)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ivorypearles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all I got this in Berry Red, and would never use it alone and neither should anyone else or else you'll look like a dumbass imo. Anyways this liptint has a jelly like texture and look and SMELL SOOOO GOOD like grapes or something. Its extremely good for gradient lips and I personally like using it for either gradient lips of giving my berry lipstick a little oomph of color at the part of my lips. It really doesnt last super long, but an OK amount of time. Once again dont use it alone unless you have the softest lips in the world because obviously itll settle in your cracks. I really like it, and recommend it to first time tint users!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 2:02:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had never heard of this Korean brand before but I came across it on Amazon while looking for a less expensive price on Vincent Longo lip tints. The price was a total of $8 and that was inexpensive enough for me to give this product a chance. I search long and hard for lip tints all the time. I often pay $20+ for lip tints. My lips are light with hardly any pigment, they are also dry, so lip color does not often last on my lips for long. I like to layer a lip tint as the base and then put lipstick or gloss on top in order to try to stretch out the times between applications. I got the red color in this lip tint and I really like it. It is a jelly consistency when first applied. I apply a thin layer with a swirled, tightly spun q-tip that I get at Daiso. I let the layer dry completely, add another thin layer and then add lipstick or if I am in a hurry lip gloss. This lip tint lasts about 2 hours on my lips but that is good, many lip tints last no longer than a lipstick. I will definitely order at least one more color. This lip tint is good and the price is a bargain.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousKaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have this in #4 Vampire Red.

There really is a bit of learning curve with this product, because if you've never used the watery-type lip tint that is popular in Japan and Korea it's easy to confuse with a gloss. Just for reference- this is not a gloss, it will not make your lips glossy, so if that's what you're looking for give this product a miss.

The lip tint has a somewhat strange jelly-like consistency with a scent that reminds me of grape jello. It comes in a long tube with a doe's foot applicator, and you apply it like lip gloss. That, however, is where the similarites to lip gloss end. This stuff takes a while to dry completely, and until then you have a semi-opaque tacky-feeling product on your lips. If you are not careful at this point you'll end up smuding it- this is the main reason I gave it three stars even though I actually do like the product a lot. It's not really something you want to use when you need to grab and go, because it takes a while to set up fully.

Once it's dry you can add more for a more dramatic look, but I have found that applying more before the first layer is dry will cause it to smear and bleed.

While it's kind of a pain to apply, the ultimate result is really pretty, and I'm looking in to getting more colors. Maybe the formula will be more quick-drying with the others.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

CLAIMS:
*long lasting tint

There's not a lot of claims I could find with this. Etude House tends to make a lot of claims with their skin products, but I guess it's not the same with their large range of infamous lip products.
The tint doesn't last TOO long as it seems to fade away around near the sixth hour mark from drinking tea, chewing gum, licking the lips, applying facial packs and skincare masks over the skin and lips.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.

FEELS: (love) the way it glides over the lips is so refreshning and nice xD
SMELL: (love) it smells of candy and peaches. Really LOVE this factor.
TEXTURE: (love) watery like it suggests and spreads quite a bit out (little goes a long way)
PIGMENTATION: (love) the pigmentation, the vibrancy of this product, is quite good but as I have naturally light pink lips and the colours #2 and #3 tend to be pinky-red-tangerines that are more on the natural side, I'm not going to say they're HIGHLY pigmented. But what they offer is enough!
FINISH: (eh) the matte is what I expected from all lip tints.

APPLICATION: (eh) there is no directed way, but the most infamous way of applying lip tint is moisturizing, concealing, then applying the lip tint, and then glazing the lips with clear lip gloss.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Moisturize the lips.
#2: Apply where needed.
#3: Add clear gloss after 5 minutes.
EXTRAS: this takes a while to really set into the lips, so that's a downer.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:

TIME: (eh) I expect more from a lip tint, especially from Etude House.
LOOKS: (love) after waiting it to set, it really looks nice. Doesn't seep in, accentuate dryness on the lips, and you can really create that gradient you want on the lips.
WEAR: (bad) before this product sets, if I was to lick my lips, then ALL the colour is washed away. After working out (45 minutes approx.) with this on, the colour is significantly reduced, no matter how long I've let it set onto the lips.
REACTION: (love) the watery consistensy is really nice over the lips. Cooling, blendable, and very versatile as you can use it for all over the lips. The fragrance was another thing I LOVED.
REMOVAL: (not-gonna-say-love) don't really need to remove it, but if you wanted to purposely take it off, some water is fine.

THE PACKAGING:

TRAVEL: (eh) not the worst at travel, but definitely not the most compact.
SPECIFICS: (eh) the applicator at the end of the stick is nice and really fits near the hollow of my lips, but like clear mascara, if you don't put it on an area, it won't show unless you PACK the product on. I think it has something to do with how the applicator is shaped as well as you will not get a clean edge with this applicator.
VANITY: (not-gonna-say-love) this lip tint is really great for vanity, but since it's so long, I can't trust it will stay standing up the entire time so that's kind of a downer for me personally.

Price is okay, rounding around $5 dollars US.
It's your typical lip tint as it stains the lips, lasts for a bit, has a watery refreshning texture, and blends well. The lip tint isn't too good in terms for really adding on drama over the lips, and doesn't seem to last too long.
For makeup: OKAY.
For dazzling up your vanity?: YUPPERS.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It's cheap, has several lip colors & gives natural result. You can have intense lip color if you put 2 or 3 layers. And you can use it as a cheek stain that gives natural blush color. Don't forget to apply lip balm first, coz lip tint makes your lip dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by purplepiglet25

I bought this off of E bay for about 10$ through a foreign seller. I've never used a lip tint before, and was expecting something creamier, like a gloss. This is watery and sheer, but can be layered for a more dramatic look. The best thing is it stains the skin, so stays on much longer than traditional lipsticks or glosses. It also makes a very natural looking blusher! I have the darkest color, which looks like a deep maroon in the tube, but washes out to a lovely dark pink. The only drawback is that it is a little bit dry, but a little balm underneath fixes that up! Overall, a very unique product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I own a tube in the shade Orange Red, it's my first experience with lip tints and I seriously consider buying more shades! It's so natural looking once applied, it can give the illusion your lips have a gorgeous natural red tinge to them. Like you've just been bitten or ate something cold. I have not reached for my lipsticks or lip glosses since I started using this (except if I want to look more bold at a party)! It looks flattering with any eye makeup or blush shade, plus it really compliments my copper red hair! And, it's buildable, doesn't smudge, and it really lasts on the lips. I just love it a LOT!

Here are a few things to consider: Since it's a tint, it can dry out your lips, so my routine consists of applying hydrating Vaseline Cocoa lip treatment hours before applying this. Also, it's a watery consistency, so when applying remember to let it dry afterwards so it can set evenly. It has a pleasant smell but a bitter taste, so if you'll kiss someone, avoid using this lip tint immediately before doing so, just let it sit and dry. If you want a lip product that promises to look natural, you should definitely give this a try! I really adore it.