October 23, 2014 | 1890 users online

Mascara - Etude - Lash Perm 3 Step Volumecara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sbushby

I bought this Mascara on ebay for like $10 or something, after reading reviews on here. i figured i would give it a go. The very first time i used it, i followed the steps and kind of didn't really like step 3 because it seemed to make my lashes look too thick and "stuck together". i've used it every day since, avoiding step 3 and i absolutely love it. i didn't think it was making that much of a difference, until i used my normal maybelline mascara one day instead, and noticed straight away that my eyes looked really meh compared to when i used the Etude. i have really weird lashes ( so i've been told by a lash technician) they aren't short but they curl funny and are really light, so if i don't wear mascara it looks like i have none. so Mascara is really important for me. my skin isn't great, so it's really important to me to have WOW eyes, and this Mascara really gives me that. i don't think i ever want to use another mascara again!

The only thing (and it's not really something i DONT like, i just didn't expect it) is that it is SO waterproof. I use a cleansing oil, then a cheap Swisse Cleanser and then a Dermalogica cleanser to finish off (sounds like a lot, but i really like to make sure i get all of my makeup off haha) and even after all 3 of those, the mascara is STILL there. i have to actually pull it off my eyelashes, and it comes off in like little tubes. i'm not sure if it's meant to be like that and i just didn't know. I guess its a good thing as it makes it more long wearing and won't budge even with water. Just a little extra effort to get it off :)
other than that, i really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I purchased a tube of Volume-cara online through amazon.com after developing the (bad) habit there briefly of staying up all night sorting through Korean and other Asian cosmetics. I couldn't get over, and still can't, how darn CUTE everything is packaged. I ordered the Volume-cara along with Holika Holika Clearing Bb Cream, Tonymoly Cats Wink pressed powder in #2 Clear Beige, and Tonymoly 3- Piece Egg Pore set: Blackhead Out Gel, the cleanser, and the Egg Pore primer. The Volume-cara arrived first.

The first thing I thought: this is tiny. The tube itself is very small, but once I compared the amount in grams of different mascara tubes I had, I realized that gram for gram the tube doesn't contain much less than other brands...but does contain a somewhat smaller amount nonetheless..so you'll probably run out fairly quickly if you're a daily makeup wearer. After I was freshly showered and my face was perfectly bare I applied the mascara precisely the way the box instructs. I like how small the wand is because I have very small hands and it seems to allow me better control, so that's a good thing right off the top. Another thing is that formula seems nice and workable...I can apply it and it's a bit forgiving...as in, if I blink or my eye involuntarily twitches during application, the mascara doesn't smudge everywhere...that's awesome! It's one, if not THE biggest, mascara pet peeve I have: a smudgy, crappy formula. It's not too runny & not too stiff or thick. Just right. Also, it's very black and coats my already black eyelashes in a very dark coating of product. Does it "curl" my lashes like a perm? Eh. Maybe. I have naturally curly lashes, and I think that yes the mascara helps my lashes stay curved and curled and makes them look thicker and more "doll like" like the box claims. How this would work for someone with thin or stick straight lashes I can't say. I think I paid about $14 USD off of amazon and it took about 5-6 days to arrive...and could take much, much longer if you can only find a seller who ships from Korea and you live in America. I just got lucky, and I'm so impatient 5-6 days feels like an eternity, so screw waiting a month+ for a tiny tube of mascara. All in all, I would say its worth what I paid for it, though I don't know if I'd purchase again for the above mentioned reasons... I put yes because if there were an Étude House here where I lived and the price wasn't outrageous then yes, I probably would. I don't know if someone on an even tighter makeup budget than me would find this a good value or worth the money, time & trouble. But as I stand, I have to say I'm happy with my purchase. I WILL be looking into more products from Étude House & Korean brands in general, as the quality seems to be good or above average for the $ you pay...at least that's the general consensus online. Give it a shot & see what you think!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by rougerosette

This mascara really holds true to its promise! Step 1 2 3 and va va voom! Your lashes are long and voluminous! Personally I think using Step 1 and 2 is enough for daily use, but if you like your lashes super black, add step 3! With makeup remover it's also not very hard to remove.

Packaging wise, it's really cute and small, so it's very portable and travel-friendly. I'm kind of confused at first how to switch the steps, but you'll definitely get to it.

I live in Indonesia, and in department stores, malls, etc, Etude House items are very pricey. Like it's expensive for its packaging. Through online shops, we can obtain the same items at a much cheaper price. Sometimes the items are so expensive I can't believe it-- sometimes as expensive as high-end brands! This Lash Perm 3 Step Volumecara was priced at over IDR 400k (over US$ 33.7) while through online shops you can get for almost 1/3 the price; my friend bought it for only IDR 160k / US$ 14. For a 14 dollars mascara, it's definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

By far, THE BEST mascara I have ever used. It's so versatile and amazing, I have not reached for any other mascara since I bought it, not even L'oreal's Voluminous Mascara, which used to be my favorite. You can choose between three levels of volume by turning the bottle with the marked arrows. Believe it or not, each level applied independently DOES make a difference. By turning it, the amount of product on the wand changes, Level 3 being the heaviest amount of product on the wand bristles. I'm just amazed and in love with this mascara because, it surprisingly does not clump the lashes even if you use Level 3. The curl it provides lasts ALL day; it does not smudge; it does not leave black flakes all over your face by the end of the day; I even cried with this mascara on and expected to see a mess when looking in the mirror but it didn't even smear! This won't fail you or budge throughout the day! I just love this mascara so much I will repurchase for SURE! My lashes look so full and long ans gorgeous, I don't even reach for falsies. So far, I'm in love with korean cosmetics and plan to purchase more of their brands. This is definitely a thumbs up for Etude House!