St.Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Body Lotion, Medium - Dark

4.1

on 8/5/2015 7:02:00 PM

I'm so glad that I decided to try this gradual tan! I am the palest of the pale, literally ghostly! This tan is very natural, builable and lasts! It fades out nicely, it doesn't develope or fade out patchy at all which is a breakthrough for me as tan doesn't tend to work well with me! It doesn't smell awful either which is a huge plus! I love that it doesn't stain sheets, clothes or towel as there is no guide colour. It's also very moisturising and leaves your skin feeling beautifully soft! I like to apply this with a mit! TIP: mix with your face moisturiser, that works an absolute treat! I have cystic acne so tan on my face FREAKS the living daylights out of me but when I mix with moisturiser it doesn't aggravate my skin whatsoever.. HALLELUJAH!! The only downside is that it doesn't dry very quickly so having to prance about wearing next to nothing is a must however I can live with this! Would recommend to a friend 100%! Enjoy beautifully, naturally bronzed skin ladies!

on 6/25/2015 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Being a little lazy and reviewing 3 self-tanners at once (I only do my legs and always prepare by exfoliating and moisturizing many hours in advance and apply tanner at night a couple of hours before bed). I've used the 3 below at least 4 times each:

Fake Bake Flawless Self Tan Liquid - No
Best applied with Mitt
Pros: Dries quickly, best smell of all
Cons: Streaky, patchy, messy.Color guide is too dark.Color doesn't matter if it's not even! Only lasts 2 days or so. Even though it dries quickly still can get weird areas (bend behind knees or ankles) before next morning rinse.

St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse - Yes
Best applied with Mitt
Pros: Even, nice color, Dries ok. Lasts a good 4 days before fading evenly.
Cons: Doesn't smell that great but goes away after rinsing with water in morning.

St. Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Body Lotion - Yes
Pros: Even, nice color, can apply with just disposable gloves and not mitt. Lasts a couple of days and reapplication doesn't make it too dark or streaky. Smells alright.
Cons: With use about every 3 days, can get a little yellow-y but not bad. Slower drying but no color guide so staining not as much of an issue.

on 4/28/2015 6:54:00 PM

Love this everyday tanner in light, I apply every day for a couple of days and it leaves my fair skin looking a natural golden tan, never any streaking, builds up nicely, one you have your desired co,our just use every few days to maintain. Regular exfoliation and lots of moisturiser ensure you maintain a great tan. This is a beauty staple to never be without. However I did try this on my face and it broke me out, great for a body tan though.

on 4/28/2015 12:43:00 AM

I've used this product twice. The tan it gives seems to be very nice: the color is not orange and looks natural for now. However, I did notice a few streaks.
The downfall for me is the scent: it does not smell like a self tanner, I agree - it rather smells like a strong old lady perfume, which drives me crazier than if it would smell like a tanning product. The smell is so intense that my mother even asked me what kind of stinky perfume I was wearing.
Also, the price is astonishing: $38 in Canada (whereas the Jergens one is around $10).
Overall, I do not think I will buy it again once I use this bottle up.

on 12/14/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hands down.... My favorite self tanner. I don't really think of it as a gradual tanner because on my fair skin, I get a lot of streak free color from the very first application. I use it 2 to 3 times a week during the warmer months to maintain my "tan". For me, the color is very natural and fades the way a real tan would... Not splotchy at all. I have to admit, I am not very careful about application... I just apply it like a normal moisturizer and it is very forgiving. Let it dry for about 10 minutes before dressing and be sure to wash your hands. The scent is decent... I barely notice it. It is a little pricey but totally worth it in my opinion. One tube lasts me about 2 months and the color and natural fading make it well worth the price in my opinion. I buy a couple at a time when I have have a discount code. Highly recommend!

on 11/12/2014 8:40:00 PM

This is the gold standard, no odor, emollient, the best.

on 5/16/2014 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This self tanner is ok, for me. It is more of tanner than every day lotion. It does moisturize, but not enough for MY skin. Just like any self-tanner you really have to pay attention to how you apply it in certain spots, even though it is a gradual tan. I've noticed around my toes and wrists it gets splotchy, but perhaps I need to be more careful. I don't like it better than the Jergens product I was using. It gives you color much faster and is a bit orange-y, but if you miss a day, the color fades very quickly. The full-size bottle is a generous portion and should last quite a while. I would't suggest this tanner, especially for the price!! It's so expensive. I think the Jegens 3 days to glow is a much better product and the color is more natural.

on 3/9/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Price is not too bad for St. Tropez product - definitely worth it, as you will read on.
Good packaging - no cons.
Applied like any other moisturiser evenly - I tend to pay a bit more attention to the risy areas like knees, webbing of hands/feet, heels etc as it can be darker like a fake tan. Make sure you wash your hands, it will be dark other wise. I always wipe my hands in a dark colour damp face washer as it does not wash off the backs of my hands, more controlled.
What I love about this gradual tanner is you can apply it day after day and it builds a beautiful natural tan! In no way (on my body) does it appear orange or patchy.
HIGHLY recommended! At the same time you are moisturising your body - win!