September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Palettes - Tarte - Coral Crush Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette 2013

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I really like this palette! It has adorable packaging, and a huge mirror. Inside you get a highlighter, blush, bronzer, and 6 eyeshadows. The texture of all of them are amazingly smooth and easy to blend into the skin! Almost all the colors are wearable for everyday use, and I must admit - the blush in there is one of the best I'v EVER used. It's the most gorgeous color ever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love when you get to write a glowing review!!! About me - light to medium neutral complexion with olive undertones, deep soft summer coloring, tan easily in the summer, brunette with hazel eyes.

I use this palette on vacation & for stage. It is large, yes, but it really has a great selection of easy to wear, mix & match, easy to blend shadow with fantastic pigment. So I think it's fine for travel as it's all I need to bring as far as shadows, liner (I use the dark brown wet), bronzer, highlight, blush. Okay, truth be told I also bring a lighter blush along more in the Orgasm shade category. The mirror is large & if it stayed up on it's own I would give 5 lippies for packaging. This thing has been banged around a lot & nothing has fallen out. And very minimal product fall out.

I use this on vacation for a little makeup up for dinner all the way to full-on for the club or shows. For stage I need a lot of color & this delivers. The shadows are buttery & stay put on the lid. It really doesn't take much to get a good, pigmented look. I use all of them together sometimes & they just look great together, make my hazel/green/brown eyes pop! They have great staying power with or without a primer. With a primer they don't crease at all on me, without primer they crease a little eventually.

All the shadows except Tropical Suntan & Cocoa Cabana have some shimmer to them (Sandy Grey, Golden Getaway & Paradise Pink have the most)

Cocoa Cabana - Very similar to Embark MAC, dark inky brown with deep purple undertones.
Tropical Suntan - I didn't think I would use this but it makes a great crease color or as a first layer of the crease, makes everything else look more professional somehow.
Sandy Grey - Very similar to Satin Taupe MAC, one of my all time favorites, great in crease & as a liner or diffuse a harsh liner line.
Golden Getaway - sheeny, champagne shell color.
Lilac Mist - in the pan I had my doubts, thought it would be too '80s. This is a great purple, shows up but not too bright, very pretty with Sandy Grey in the crease.
Paradise Pink - very light, sparkly pink. Pretty on the inner corners of eye & on brow bone.

The highlighter is a gorgeous goldy shimmer, it doesn't show too too much which is great. WnW Cabana I had light color stripes on my cheekbones to see the highlight - too light for my skin tone. This one is just right. The bronzer is great, it's an MUA fave so I don't need to get into that. The blush - love this color!! Very easy to just get a touch, or get a ton on for stage. My only gripe is that it has a good amount of shimmer which I notice especially when I'm wearing a lot of it. I find the shimmer unnecessary when I have a highlight with shimmer right there!! It is a platinum, pinky shimmer which is very pretty & melds with the highlight nicely. Great staying power on these too, no breakouts, no more putting bad chemicals on my eyes & cheeks all the time!

I've been using this palette regularly since October & I have plenty left, haven't hit the pan on anything. Great value for the money in my book. And only one thing to grab rather than several jumbled shadow palettes etc.