July 29, 2014 | 2099 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - ScandalEyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by purgatory

I picked this up as a "starter" gel eyeliner to practise with a couple of months ago. What I can say is, while its lasting power isn't the greatest, it's fairly decent for the price. The color is strong and it goes on very smoothly. Plus, the brush is amazing for making "winged" eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by tricksterfeather

My last gel eyeliner was a gift and has a 4.5 star here, but the Rimmel one I have now I honestly find it to be just as good if not better. I didn't try the brush, I just used my old gel eyeliner brush from my last one. The container is absolutely adorable I find it. Though it is a tinyyy bit pricier than the Maybelline eyestudio one (which is always out of stock so I've never tried it ):. It stays on incredibly well and doesn't budge, but you might have to scrub at it a bit with your makeup remover at the end of the day as it stays on just that well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Hermione87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally use Maybelline gel liner and love its staying power but it was out of stock so I bought the Rimmel Scandaleyes gel liner. Found the brush awkward at first but got used to it. The problem I found is that there's no staying power. By the end of the day the corners are all sorts of smudged. Very average liner, there is better out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I absolutely love this eyeliner! It is such an affordable liner. But yet it is an amazing find! It is very intense and has wonderful color payoff. The consistency is perfect- not to wet or dry. It is very waterproof. I can put this on my waterline and it will stay all day. (Because of how waterproof it is, sometimes I have to spend a little more time removing it- but that is a very small price to pay for a great and affordable liner!) The brush it comes with is definitely usable, but I prefer to use my own brushes. If you are just starting into the world of gel eyeliners I would definitely recommend you give this one a try! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Meh. Maybe I will give this a second chance someday, but although the brush was a neat concept, it's worthless. This tended to get a bit on the raccoon side for me because I have extremely oily skin/lids. (This is my typical problem w gel eyeliners, also...I don't own a decent brush really (use Essence brush), so the lines get too thick). I prefer a more precise line, so liquid is a better option for me, even using the brushes they come with, this still happens & I hate looking like having raccoon eyes. The price was okay, but it was too runny.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by beccy95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this... It's not at all suitable for oily skin (smudges everywhere); it's hard to get a solid line because the brush is both too large and too soft, and it has no lasting power. You would have to sit in a cool room and not move for this liner to remain looking nice for more than a couple of hours. Disappointing for a liner that says it's long lasting!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by maria91

I have this in emerald green and I love it! I actually prefer it to the felt tip liners or pencil eyeliners. It's easy to apply even for a newbie (this was my first gel liner and only took me 2-3 times to learn how to apply it and do the flick), it's more forgiving than a liquid liner and it won't budge. AT ALL.

It didn't smudge on me (I use a nude eyeshadow as a base though, without a primer), didn't run, it just stayed put for the five hours I usually wear it. In fact, it has such a good staying power on me that I have to rub my eyes with a micellar water-soaked pad to take it out.

I also like the brush - I haven't had any experience with brushes from other brands, but I find this one quite good. The bristles stay packed together for an even result and you can draw thick lines (using the brush on its wider, flat side) or thin ones (using it on its thin side.

I've only had it for a couple of weeks, so I don't know how easily it dries in the pot, but overall I'm very happy with it and I'm considering buying it in black as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by jaykayen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible. Smudgy and flaky, I cannot get this to work at all. It is, however, very waterproof.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just right off the bat i didnt like this gel eyeliner and if you have oily eyelids then this will not work i bought this on a whim from Walgreens, i personally love gel eyeliners and im willing to try new ones but this was a dud and returned it like the next day im not a big fan of rimmel cosmetics they just dont work for me, what works for one person may not work for someone else and thats the case for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Tiarizard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! I bought it at Ulta when there was a Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off Sale. I haven't tried an eyeliner gel where you had to use a brush to apply it before so this was a new experience. It was really easy to apply and very smooth.
I tried it the same night for a concert I was performing in and it stayed intact all night under the harsh lighting on the stage. I wear it on my upper lid because I use another eyeliner for my waterline. Next, I wore it to a day trip out of state where the weather went from hot 70's-80's to rainy/hot to cold and windy! (you can thank the northeast for that.. :P) I kept checking my makeup throughout the day and it lasted through my sweating and the rain and the cold winds that hit it. No smudges at all and it didn't irritate my skin. Make sure you have an okay make up remover!