October 20, 2014 | 1037 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - ScandalEyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Hi90girl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To begin, I found this product at walmart for about $5- $6. It comes with a nice skinny brush with super thick bristles for a precise application. I love it. The gel eyeliner I bought was the one in blue. It's extremely pigmented. Be careful when applying, cause if you mess up.. It will be hard to remove. It's definitely water proof and it lasts all day without anything on top or underneath. The blue colour it self is a super flattering dark shade and its a little ahimmery. My only complaint is the pot, as it's a little too small:(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by xoJemz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this eyeliner. *I only use eyeliner on my lids - not my waterline or bottom lash line.* My favorite eyeliner before this was the 'Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Creamliner' but it got discontinued - I can only find it online on certain websites. I would have bought it online but I didn't want to pay for shipping. The PF (Physician's Formula) eyeliner is around $10 plus $5-ish for shipping? I might as well get a high-end eyeliner and since it's a trio (comes with 3 colors - black and 2 complimentary colors depending on what you get) and I only use the black eyeliner.... those are 2 colors that I waste and just throw out so I'm throwing away money.
Anyway! Thank God I gave this Rimmel eyeliner a shot before dishing out $15+ online on my previous favorite eyeliner. The black is very black (pretty sure not the blackest but definitely black enough) and it's creamy. The staying power is actually better than the PF one so that made me even happier with my purchase. It can definitely last 12+ hours as long as you're not rubbing your eyes the whole day. It doesn't smudge on me. When it goes away, it just fades like the PF eyeliner and that's a good thing for me so I don't have to worry about smudges around my eye area. Also, it is around $5 so I save more money in the long run since I'm not paying $10 for 3 eyeliners anymore then throwing out eyeliners I don't want. I don't use the brush that comes with it - I have an ELF angled eyeliner brush that I bought at Target for $3 more than a year ago. The brush that comes with it is too thick for me.
***I've also tried the Essence gel eyeliner before this and I absolutely hated it. PF was my first gel eyeliner, then I tried Essence, then Rimmel. Essence was so dry and hard... I had to wet my brush to get it to kind of work decently. It was not creamy like this Rimmel one or the PF one. Then, since it was dry, it would EASILY flake off. Ugh, how embarrassing when you're out in public. The $3.99 Essence eyeliner was absolute crap. I'm sure there are other gel/cream eyeliners out there that are around that price and are not as crappy. ***

RIMMEL IS THE BEST OVERALL out of all 3 gel/cream eyeliner I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mimz007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm reading previous reviews and i'm a little confused. I have not had any issues with the stay power of this liner, Infact I have issues removing it. Definitely very smooth and goes on quite easy especially with their brush! has a great colour payoff and I find you get a lot in the jar!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very good, cheap alternative to MAC's gel liner. Stays well, good pigment, the brush it comes with isn't too too bad, but I prefer to use my own. tends not to dry out as fast as other drugstore gel liners, and a few bucks cheaper too!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by purgatory

I picked this up as a "starter" gel eyeliner to practise with a couple of months ago. What I can say is, while its lasting power isn't the greatest, it's fairly decent for the price. The color is strong and it goes on very smoothly. Plus, the brush is amazing for making "winged" eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by tricksterfeather

My last gel eyeliner was a gift and has a 4.5 star here, but the Rimmel one I have now I honestly find it to be just as good if not better. I didn't try the brush, I just used my old gel eyeliner brush from my last one. The container is absolutely adorable I find it. Though it is a tinyyy bit pricier than the Maybelline eyestudio one (which is always out of stock so I've never tried it ):. It stays on incredibly well and doesn't budge, but you might have to scrub at it a bit with your makeup remover at the end of the day as it stays on just that well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Hermione87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally use Maybelline gel liner and love its staying power but it was out of stock so I bought the Rimmel Scandaleyes gel liner. Found the brush awkward at first but got used to it. The problem I found is that there's no staying power. By the end of the day the corners are all sorts of smudged. Very average liner, there is better out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I absolutely love this eyeliner! It is such an affordable liner. But yet it is an amazing find! It is very intense and has wonderful color payoff. The consistency is perfect- not to wet or dry. It is very waterproof. I can put this on my waterline and it will stay all day. (Because of how waterproof it is, sometimes I have to spend a little more time removing it- but that is a very small price to pay for a great and affordable liner!) The brush it comes with is definitely usable, but I prefer to use my own brushes. If you are just starting into the world of gel eyeliners I would definitely recommend you give this one a try! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Meh. Maybe I will give this a second chance someday, but although the brush was a neat concept, it's worthless. This tended to get a bit on the raccoon side for me because I have extremely oily skin/lids. (This is my typical problem w gel eyeliners, also...I don't own a decent brush really (use Essence brush), so the lines get too thick). I prefer a more precise line, so liquid is a better option for me, even using the brushes they come with, this still happens & I hate looking like having raccoon eyes. The price was okay, but it was too runny.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by beccy95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this... It's not at all suitable for oily skin (smudges everywhere); it's hard to get a solid line because the brush is both too large and too soft, and it has no lasting power. You would have to sit in a cool room and not move for this liner to remain looking nice for more than a couple of hours. Disappointing for a liner that says it's long lasting!