Maybelline Lip Polish- Shimmer Girl

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/29/2008 11:59:00 PM

this is some serious glitter for your lips. i have no idea where you would go to need this much sparkle. sponge applicator

on 1/4/2007 9:06:00 AM

And I will be throwing this stuff out. The glitter is just awful. I look like a clown or a little girl playing make up, it's so garish. And it migrates over to the area surrounding my lips...real nice. I end up looking special, and not in a good way. And to top it all off, it parches my lips. Not fun.

I have many clear gloss with glitter, and they're all slightly different than each other. This one was gorgeous in the tube, but I had a few complaints about the gloss itself. First, the doe-foot applicator is smaller than most, so you have to triple dip to get enough on your lips. I didn't care for that. I like one or two swipes and to be done with it. Second, this was basicly clear with just a tiny bit of glitter once you got it applied. If the glitter is going to be that gorgeous in the tube, I want it to be THAT GORGEOUS on my lips. Third, this seemed to wear off pretty quickly, and once it did my lips were pretty dry until I reapplied. The price was awesome, as I got it for 40% off, but considering Maybelline has so many other great lip products I was disappointed that this one was so unlikeable. Will not repurchase.

on 2/12/2006 9:19:00 PM

This was okay. It adds extra shine with some sparkles, but I prefer MAC clear Lipglass..its the same, sans glitter.

on 1/15/2004 6:30:00 PM

i was looking for a clear glittery gloss that i could wear over my nude lipsticks and liners, but this product is just horrible. not only did the glitter cut up my lip, the gloss was so watery in texture that it wouldn't stay on my lips. if i still had the receipt i would return it.

on 3/22/2003 11:59:00 PM

This was just okay. I bought this and the wet and wild one (shimmer shimmer, I think). The texture of the maybelline one was nicer, but the wet and wild was prettier on. Go figure. So, it's nice, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/15/2003 10:26:00 PM

i love this gloss, it's so wet looking and just overall nice. and for some reason i love anything with a sponge applicator, lol.

Recommended for Medium Skin