December 20, 2014 | 1117 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Oily Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by sgnewbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't really like this cleanser because I find that it is too gentle, after washing my face with this I dont find that it gets rid of all my oil on my face - I go back to using my facewash from korea (A-solutions). Maybe I prefer foamy washes that really sucks out all my oils but I find that this cleanser does not even take away any oils from my face, so no definitely not repurchasing this stuff even though its cheaper than my wash from korea.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by SallyMK

This is a great cleanser for acne prone skin it cleans really well but is still gentle. Easy to use in the shower but I do tend to double cleanse on days I wear heavier makeup. This is not harsh so you can use it multiple times a day and it won't dry out your skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Just a basic cleanser. I do not think of it as gentle only plain. It does not cleanse well nor do anything for oily skin.
I broke out more when using this product and would never feel clean after using it.
If you wear makeup you would need to completely remove all of it before using this.
I do not think this was a good cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by aberg1991

I've been using Cetaphil for a few months now, because it was one of the only consistently raved about products in the million blogs I went through when I was contemplating switching to a new cleanser from my old one (Mary Kay). People love this stuff, it basically has a cult following. I have to say that I love it too. I switched to this from a complicated acne system because I'm trying to make a move towards products that have less ingredients and are gentler on your skin. It took me awhile to figure out how to use the product, but once I did I was hooked. Ive discovered that (with any cleanser, really), you should remove all your make up first. I use make up remover wipes (Up and Up, Target brand) just to make sure all the make up comes off first, and then I cleanse with Cetaphil. The results are gold. I love this cleanser. It's gentle, and it doesn't remove all the moisture from your skin, just the dirt, makeup residue, and oil, so your skin is left super clean and super soft. It gets your skin really clean, I've noticed a significant decrease in surface zits and blackheads. I used Mary Kay for years, and this is by far my favorite, especially for the price. I think it works just as well as the high end products, and I think it's a lot better for your skin than most of the big money cleansers. Keep it simple! You don't need to buy something with tons of ingredients, and DON'T buy anything that's scented. And if it smells chemically, it is chemically. Would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an overall excellent product that won't break the bank!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by maddison123

I've been using this for years. It's an amazing cleanser. I double cleanse with this and it gets rid of makeup and dirt without overdrying. Plus it's amazing value at such a cheap price! I also use this with my clarisonic and it works well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Amyycs

I brought this after using Proactive for several years, initially I broke it with big painful pimples. I considered this was just apart of the transition of skin care and my face eventually cleared up. I've been using the product for close to two months now but I had to stop! I found I had an increased about of small pimples and blackheads in my T-zone and then some rather nasty pimples appeared on my chin.
I really wanted to like the product but it just didn't work for me, hopefully it does for you

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This doesnt really soak the oil in,it cleanses skin without removing or taking in any oil,i guess it shouldve been for normal skin,,i dont use moisturizer after this because my skin is very oily

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Louiserm97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser for my oily skin! Cleared up my skin so well (in conjunction with Cetaphil's Daily Moisturizer and Benzac AC 2.5% gel). Great product Cetaphil!