September 17, 2014 | 1254 users online

Lips - Bonne Bell - Luscious Lipsmackers

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Nyarlathotep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this in grapefruit (something which I have an unhealthy affinity to), and was a bit disappointed when I took a whiff of it. The balm smells nothing like grapefruit, but something reminiscent of lemon merengue pie. That would have been a deal breaker for me had I not fallen head over heels for the smell. This has become a favorite, and is always in my purse. I do have some complaints, being that it's a bit waxy and clumpy, but overall, I really like it. Almost HG worthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by emmaknobloch

Smells amazing and sits nicely on the lips. Slightly waxy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I did not imagine I would be so into this little $2 find, but it is quickly becoming my favorite lip balm. These come in a black tube with luscious lipsmacker printed over and over on it with a clear cap. There's currently 6 flavors I believe, they are all fruit inspired. I picked up Raspberry Sparkler which has a tart sweet raspberry candy like fragrance and slight sweet taste and have plans to pick up the mango one as well since I quite happy with this purchase.

These are clear balms, they have a slight translucent jelly looking quality to them. The texture is interesting, it is thick feeling but not greasy or sticky. I like it a lot because it ends up being really long lasting and is good for wearing under other lip products without it distorting the finish or color of the product. By itself it makes my lips look really moist and dewy, not too glossy. Definitely much longer lasting than your traditional Lipsmacker balm.

The only downside I've found so far is you don't want to twist this up too much when applying because the stick tends to get a little wobbly. Too much pressure and you risk breaking it off. The packaging would have been better too had the tube just been plain black or with the product name only printed once.

Wish Bonne Bell would come out with a tinted version of these... I really like them and one that left behind a tint would be awesome.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No