November 1, 2014 | 903 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Christian Dior - Dreamskin

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mariaNj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOT RECOMMENDED for OILY skin!

Absorbed pretty quickly but felt heavy in pores.

Temporarily made skin look good like a primer.

Made my skin much much more oily just in two days of use. It took me a whole week to get my very oily skin balanced again.

Please try a sample before purchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very heavily fragranced, I seriously disliked that. The product actually burned my eye area.

So I stopped using it around my eyes, but continued to use it for about 5 weeks. It basically felt like a thin silicone mask to me. I never saw any benefit to my skin or in using it under my foundation. On the contrary, I wasn't in love with how my various foundations performed on top of it.

Wish I had sent it back to Dior for a refund when it was possible. I actually saw benefit to my skin when I stopped using it! But that credit goes to the Skinceuticals CE Freulic that I recently started using.

I've been seriously disappointed in the majority of Dior products that I've purchased recently. I guess I'll stick with their brushes and brush cleaner and stop wasting my money on their other products.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using a sample pot of this from a Dior Boutique for two weeks now and can say I will not be purchasing a full size. This is a thin but not watery serum that has some glow to it, to be used over moisturizer but under makeup--basically a primer that is skincare too. It does make my foundation look nice and smooth like a primer would, and the texture of this product is very nice. Its not thick or sticky and doesn't affect my foundation in a negative way. However, this product is not sustainable for me to use. Alcohol is very high on the ingredient list, so much so that this product burns my skin when I apply it. For reference though, I don't use any skincare product or makeup product with alcohol, so it could be that I am thus overly sensitive if I do try something with alcohol. I wanted to try this product, despite seeing alcohol on the ingredient list because it looked so nice in the pot and the description seemed interesting. As well, many new foundations these days have alcohol, and I wanted to see if I was missing anything. After two weeks of wear, the burning when I apply this is still present, and my skin feels like it has a slight sunburn all day every day when I've used this. I have read that alcohol in high concentration in skincare actually hurts your skin. This does give a pretty glow to the skin, so I wonder if mixing it with a foundation, versus applying it on its own, would help to buffer the burn and still maintain the pretty glow. This product dos nothing to prolong the wear of my foundation, so its not totally like a primer in that respect. It doesn't add any color to my skin or change my foundation color. Dreamskin is over $100 retail. In comparison, Armani Fluid Sheers are more shimmery on me, whereas Dreamskin is pure luminous glow, no discernible shimmer. Nice product, wish it didn't have alcohol.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stumbled on this unexpectedly when I got a deluxe sample in my Selfridges online order. I already have a pretty complicated skincare regime so I usually just rebuy my old favourites. I would have never thought about trying Dior skincare.

Anyway, within 3 days of using my sample, I was totally sold on it and decided to buy it. Yes, it is really expensive and it comes in only a 30 ml/1 oz size. However, I've been using my sample for 3 weeks, twice a day and I still haven't finished it because a small amount is enough to spread over my face.

This is a pinky peach, thick cream that goes over your moisturiser as the last step in your skincare routine. In the morning, I put it over moisturiser, under sunscreen. At night, it's the last thing I put on my face. The immediate effect this gives is a smoothing one with a slight glow. I'm going to say that there's alcohol and silicons in this (hence the spreadability) but it doesn't affect my opinion of the product as it hasn't dried out my skin and the silicons in it are not annoying me as they don't give the weirdly-smooth finish that some primers like Benefit Pore-fessional have. In short, my skin feels matte and naturally smooth after putting this on.

After 3 weeks, I noticed that my skin has become a lot smoother. There is also a slight glow to it even when I don't put Dreamskin on my face, so it can't be the silicons fooling me. By the way, this is not an oil-control type of thing so if you're oily, you still need your usual products. There is also a strong floral fragrance to this. I like it, it's quite inoffensive and generic smelling. I'm happy to add this wonderful product to my skincare arsenal.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is called a "skin perfector" but darned if I know exactly what it's supposed to do. For me, it didn't do a thing after a month of use. It didn't work well as a primer, alone, it really didn't do anything to blur or disguise fine lines or pores, it didn't improve my complexion, it didn't add moisture...what else is there? It felt nice going on, but that's about it. It's an apricot colored lotion, and it has a little radiance to it. along the lines of MAC's Strobe Cream, but more subdued, however I didn't notice any difference at all. For the price-over $100, I expected to see some difference...but nothing. Needless to say it went back. Maybe another Dior product would have worked better, but this was useless to me.