August 20, 2014 | 1511 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime CC Colour Correcting SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Harrietxoxox

I had high hopes for this product. I bought it in Illuminate (lavender) with the intent to use it as a primer. As far as the priming power goes, I thought it was very poor and saw no noticeable difference with or without this on my skin, but i stuck with it for about a week. BIG MISTAKE. By the end of the week i had at least 3 huge pimples on my forehead and around 4 around my nose and cheeks. A big disappointment for me as I already suffer from acne-prone skin.

If there was one positive about this product it would be the packaging, it comes in a gorgeous black iridescent tube which is one of the reasons I purchased the product in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the shade recharge. I have paleish skin and this is a dark enough shade but I like to look tanned and I find this natural. It is not too dark at all nor orange. This gives a nice glow to the skin. The thing I don't like about it is that it gathers around my mouth area and looks really bad and when I try to rub it in and blend it it doens't blend. But other than that its nice and but I'm not sure if I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

I got this and neutralize and i hate it neutralize redness my butt..it sure did not it slides off once you try to blend i tried sponge fingers brush kabuki it was all a no go and can i just say how cakey it makes your foundation how do you even make mac moisture foundation cakey there is no way but this cc primer sure did :( ugh sigh i cant wait to exchange it for prep and prime moisture infusion

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Napsalot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have rosacea, and look like I'm sunburned from my eyebrows to my chin allll the time. I purchased this primer in Neutralize, and it worked great! I recommend applying it after your moisturizer. it glides on great, and covered all of the redness in my face! I've been using Studio Fix liquid foundation and pressed powder for years. Now I apply this primer, some Bare Minerals powder, and I'm good to go! As a primer, it works pretty well. It doesn't hide my pores completely, but this product is still worth repurchasing. It agrees with my very sensitive skin - doesn't make the redness worse or cause my acne prone skin to break out. I am very happy with this product, and thankful that I don't have to wear liquid foundation every day anymore!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NW20, dry, mature skin. This certainly comes out of the tube a creamy consistency. The tint matches my my neutral skin tone. It has a luminosity mature skin types will appreciate. Ifind I need to apply some moisturizer before using this. Would prefer this to be an an allpyhsical sunscreen, because the chemical sunscreen ingredients irritate my eyes. Ido not apply this under my eye, it is the scent causing tearing. When it gets down to it, this CC cream is a glorified tinted moisturizer, primer with an added SPF. I do not find this to be my favorite MAC product. Will use the tube and look for something better. I do encourage giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

30 ml / 1.0 US fl oz-$30.00
"A multitasking formula that evens skin tone, increases luminosity and inhibits oily shine while protecting from harmful UVA/UVB rays. This moisturizing primer also keeps skin fresh and hydrated throughout the day."
I have combo/oily/easily dehydrated/breakout prone skin.
I bought this in Illuminate (Lavender-because I have found that my skin tone usually reacts well to lavender products) & Neutralize (Yellow-I don't have a lot of redness, but I wanted to try the yellow & my DIL has some slight rosacea & I wanted her to try it.).
I love the texture of the Colour Corrector. It feels really smooth & soft going on my skin. The Illuminate if very subtle. I don't see much difference in my skin tone, but I love the way that my makeup goes on over & it does keep me very matte throughout the day.
The Neutralize does even out my skin & camouflages any redness that I do have, so it is my favorite of the two.
I love the SPF30 & it doesn't break me out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by VioletShimmers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a color correcting primer that comes in a black squeeze-tube form. I have the shade Adjust, which is described on the website as a "peach beige." The other shades are Neutralize (yellow), Illuminate (lavendar), and Recharge (apricot).

I chose Adjust because I thought it was the closest match to my NC30 skin tone, and I wanted this to be an all-around priming product for me. I think I would only reach for Neutralize if I have any redness, Illuminate if my skin's looking particularly flat/dull, and Recharge if I need to warm up pale winter skin, so I thought that Adjust would be the most versatile shade that I can use at any time.

The texture of this primer feels like a luxurious cream. It's not like other silicone-based primers that have a lot of slip and slide. This sinks right into the skin when you apply it and offers hydration without leaving behind any greasiness. I noticed that my skin already looked much brighter, awake, and even-toned with this on before any foundation. Even after applying foundation, my skin retains that bright and awake "glow" with a really smooth finish. It's not a shimmery type of glow because this product contains no shimmer whatsoever. It's more due to the fact that the primer creates a base canvas for light to bounce off and make you appear glowing. I plan to continue using this on a daily basis!