MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correcting SPF 30

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.4%, Octisalate 4%, Zinc Oxide 3.3%, Oxybenzone 2.5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.1%. Inactive: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Caffeine, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Oryzanol, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Silica, Alumina, Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Urea, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Yellow 5 Lake.

on 3/17/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm an NC42 (Winter and Spring) and can go up to NC44 in the summer months. I had purchased this in January in the shade Illuminate (lavender). I was skeptical because I assumed Adjust and/or Recharge would be better suited for me. I can't attest for the colour correcting because this doesn't do anything but make my skin look lighter before foundation. But as a primer I like it. It's my spf and primer in one step. Not the longest last primer I own, but with my combo skin (which can get dry around my mouth) I can get a decent 5-6 hour wear. And foundation sits amazingly well with this.

on 1/27/2015 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The guy at the MAC counter spoke very highly about this product but when i told him that i have very sensitive skin and i couldn't buy without trying it, he gave me some sample. i didn't use it for a long time because i like using powder on my combination skin. When the winter hit really hard, my face started to reject powder and i decided to give the sample a shot. i really liked the result. My face looks very even and radiant but i must say it doesn't give a tiny coverage. But it moisturizes well and as a surprise it didn't cause me to breakout. It blends well with my skin tone and it stays for a long time on my face, about 6-7 hours. I don't put anything else on it, so i don't know how it would look like with foundation. If you like a natural look and have an uneven skin tone go ask for a sample but if you're looking for a moderate coverage, this product is not for you.

on 11/9/2014 1:13:00 PM

This was used on me at the MAC counter when I went to have my makeup done for my engagement photos last spring. I don't really have a lot of redness on my face that needs correcting, but I use this faithfully under my MAC foundation and it is really lovely. Light, buttery, and it seems to make my foundation go on even better as well. My favorite thing about this product though is if you don't need a lot of coverage and are going for a light makeup day, this works well without any foundation over it. Some days when I don't have time to do my full face I will throw this on, some light lip balm, mascara, and do my brows and I'm set! It's like sunscreen with a bit of a tint to it!

on 9/14/2014 9:39:00 AM

ETA: Unfortunately, however well this color corrects, I had to knock off 2 stars since I sweat it off. I tried to use it many times for my a.m. exercise outside as my sunscreen/redness corrector and yellowy whiteness drips down my face and neck causing people to ask what is wrong with my skin :( since this turned into one of its primary functions, I will stick to sport sunscreen and MSFN for exercise. It also does the same types of weird things under makeup if I sweat with it on. Oh well. If you're not sweaty like me, I'd definitely give this a go!

Oh neutralize how I love thee! I tried this to use under my face and body particularly but it's now an everyday staple under ANYTHING I wear! I wear this from chest to forehead haha as my chest and neck are red and need SPF year round or will get redder. SPF works great; did not burn on a big sunny outing. Keeps makeup in place. Doesn't make me more oily. Most importantly, it REALLY does work in neutralizing red! It's yellow not green and for me this worked better than the green primers. I can even dust some MSFN in medium over this! And be good for a light day! I'm an Nw20 but lately like the C's to further neutralize my redness. Will ALWAYS repurchase. I've tried clinique yellow powder, MUFE & smashbox green primers, etc none hold a candle to this baby.

on 8/11/2014 8:30:00 AM

I had high hopes for this product. I bought it in Illuminate (lavender) with the intent to use it as a primer. As far as the priming power goes, I thought it was very poor and saw no noticeable difference with or without this on my skin, but i stuck with it for about a week. BIG MISTAKE. By the end of the week i had at least 3 huge pimples on my forehead and around 4 around my nose and cheeks. A big disappointment for me as I already suffer from acne-prone skin.

If there was one positive about this product it would be the packaging, it comes in a gorgeous black iridescent tube which is one of the reasons I purchased the product in the first place.

I have this in the shade recharge. I have paleish skin and this is a dark enough shade but I like to look tanned and I find this natural. It is not too dark at all nor orange. This gives a nice glow to the skin. The thing I don't like about it is that it gathers around my mouth area and looks really bad and when I try to rub it in and blend it it doens't blend. But other than that its nice and but I'm not sure if I would repurchase.

on 6/15/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this and neutralize and i hate it neutralize redness my butt..it sure did not it slides off once you try to blend i tried sponge fingers brush kabuki it was all a no go and can i just say how cakey it makes your foundation how do you even make mac moisture foundation cakey there is no way but this cc primer sure did :( ugh sigh i cant wait to exchange it for prep and prime moisture infusion

on 5/9/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have rosacea, and look like I'm sunburned from my eyebrows to my chin allll the time. I purchased this primer in Neutralize, and it worked great! I recommend applying it after your moisturizer. it glides on great, and covered all of the redness in my face! I've been using Studio Fix liquid foundation and pressed powder for years. Now I apply this primer, some Bare Minerals powder, and I'm good to go! As a primer, it works pretty well. It doesn't hide my pores completely, but this product is still worth repurchasing. It agrees with my very sensitive skin - doesn't make the redness worse or cause my acne prone skin to break out. I am very happy with this product, and thankful that I don't have to wear liquid foundation every day anymore!

on 4/10/2014 10:58:00 AM

NW20, dry, mature skin. This certainly comes out of the tube a creamy consistency. The tint is in Adjust and matches my neutral skin tone. It has a luminosity mature skin types will appreciate. I find I need to apply some moisturizer before using this. Would prefer this to be an all physical sunscreen, because the chemical sunscreen ingredients irritate my eyes. I do not apply this under my eye, it is the scent causing tearing. MAC should list ingredients on their website, especially sunscreen ingredients. When it gets down to it, this CC cream is a glorified tinted moisturizer, primer with an added SPF. I do not find this to be my favorite MAC product. May use the tube up and look for something better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

30 ml / 1.0 US fl oz-$30.00
"A multitasking formula that evens skin tone, increases luminosity and inhibits oily shine while protecting from harmful UVA/UVB rays. This moisturizing primer also keeps skin fresh and hydrated throughout the day."
I have combo/oily/easily dehydrated/breakout prone skin.
I bought this in Illuminate (Lavender-because I have found that my skin tone usually reacts well to lavender products) & Neutralize (Yellow-I don't have a lot of redness, but I wanted to try the yellow & my DIL has some slight rosacea & I wanted her to try it.).
I love the texture of the Colour Corrector. It feels really smooth & soft going on my skin. The Illuminate if very subtle. I don't see much difference in my skin tone, but I love the way that my makeup goes on over & it does keep me very matte throughout the day.
The Neutralize does even out my skin & camouflages any redness that I do have, so it is my favorite of the two.
I love the SPF30 & it doesn't break me out!!

Popular Primer/ Correctors