Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CETYL PEG/PPG- 10/1 DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, NIACINAMIDE, ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, MOTHER OF PEARL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ADENOSINE, ALCOHOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), FRAGRANCE

on 4/9/2015 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have tried this because there was many good reviews on it.
I took it to holiday in the winter, but i think it's just didn't work good on me.
The texture is just like foundation but it already placed in cushion type.
I don't like the non-coverage, non-sweatproof and not friendly to dry skin, after several hours it just melt into your skin. When i compare to another Amore Pacific is just categorized "OK". I think the price is also cheap, so i won't complain.
If you apply it thicker, it will become cakey on the result.
I don't see any difference compare to BB.
It will better in result after you apply CC cream Etude House-Glow before it, i heard it from the Etude salesgirl and make sure your skin is already well-moisture before put them together.
This is good when you are in your early 20's

on 3/22/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- Medium-high coverage
- Not too expensive (First time purchase: ~$18. after that you only need to buy refill ~$12 and reuse the case)
- Pretty finish, make your skin look flawless and brighten your skin
- Whitening + Wrinkle Care + UV Protection (according to their advertisement)
- SPF 50+ , don't even need to put on sunblock XD
- Does not get patchy or cakey after multiple layers
CONS:
- Okay sebum control, if I don't apply powder, my face looks like diamond (shine bright like a diamond~~~). Powder makes the matte lasts a bit longer. But if you don't have oily skin then this should not be an issue
- Oxidized, the color changes to be a bit more yellow after a while, probably like after 4 hours :/ Not very noticeable though
- Not a lot of shade options, mostly for light skin
For more information, please check out http://nytbeautyreviews.blogspot.com/2015/03/i-etude-house-precious-mineral-any.html

on 3/10/2015 9:08:00 AM

I got this as a sample and immediately fell in love with the product and bought one myself. Coverage is medium to full and very buildable. I was concerned at first if this will break me out (as Etude House bb creams gave me breakout before), however surprisingly it was a good match for my oily skin. It oxidized pretty well and also I am impressed by its staying power - I literally didnt need any powder touch up for 12 hours.
Although there's somehow a sticky feel after applying so that's why I set it with powder to set it. Comfortable when worn, I also like the subtle dewy effect it gives the face. There's a slight fragrance as well which I think is not at all distracting and in fact very pleasant. The sample I got was Natural Beige but I bought Honey Beige as Natural Beige is too white for my complexion - I am a MAC NC25 or Shu Uemura 554 in shade. I dab a little of the product on key areas using the provided sponge then use a foundation brush to blend it all over the face. Using too much of the product is too heavy for me and face seems to be shouting 'hey I am wearing makeup!'. A little of this product goes a long way for me!

on 2/20/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My bad for purchasing the wrong and lighter shade. This product made me broke out, and instead of covering my blackheads and whiteheads, it even emphasized it! It doesn't give that natural look and is just a waste of money.

on 2/1/2015 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I haven't tried any other cushion foundation, but I'm SO impressed by this! I'm not sure if it's the non-absorbing puff or the product itself, but it's super easy to apply and has a gorgeus airbrush semi-matte finish. Coverage is buildable and pretty good, IMO. One full push covers half of your face. Since I don't like wearing foundation or heavy coverage at all, I have to work with a really small amount in order to get the coverage I want.

I'm NC30 and got this in the darkest shade W24 Honey Beige, which is really not that dark. When I first apply it it looks too light (I'd say NC20ish, although it has a neutral undertone), but it does oxidize after a while and looks more like my shade.

I have sensitive oily skin and even though this feels a bit sticky at first, it's not as dewy as most Korean makeup. I usually set this with powder, but it's rather comfortable on the skin on its own, especially if you use a primer. It does accentuate dry spots, just like every other makeup out there, so make sure you moisturize beforehand.

I've been reaching for this a lot due to its practility and how fast and easy it applies. Packaging is adorable and for such a good quality product the price is a steal. Still, I'm taking a lippie off for the very limited color range (I don't think this would suit anyone darker than NC30) - yes I know that Etude is Korean brand, but even so.

Even though I'm loving it right now, I'll probably try a different cushion next (I heard Laneige Pore Control has a darker shade that might suit me better).

on 11/26/2014 2:47:00 AM

This is a good product. Plus point for the packaging and smell of the product. This product conveniently cover my flaws on my face and save me a lot of time to blend it on my face! It smells good and it does not affect my sensitive skin.

As for the cons for this product, after few hrs my flaws start to show. And only comes with three shades, I wish they release more shades so that it can match users' skin tone better. Other than that this product deserve 4 stars.

on 9/23/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm using this product for months and It's alright product, My skin is tan with warm undertone, so I choose the darkest shade from this product, w24, but my mistake I bought the refill too but the shade is w13! (Yes it's from different seller)
At first I thought that maybe the difference isn't that bad, but when I tried the w24, it's too white for me, but still natural unlike the regular Etude precious BB cream, ok so I think I won't use the refill lol
Despite the shade that doesn't really match (well almost all korean product is too white for tan skin) the texture is liquidy, not creamy like the regular precious bb cream, it absorbs quickly and give me slight dewy finish, this product stay in my face for 4-5 hours and after that I need to retouch it.
Althought if I use this everyday maybe it will last for 1-2 month(s), because of the small size (15 gr anyone?)
What I don't like is I used this everyday it broke me out, my skin becomes red and I have small acnes that hurt so much so I used this 3-4 times per week. Yes my skin is sensitive
The puff is kinda make me nervous because it's dirty quickly and hard to wash
Repurchase? I don't think so, I don't like cushion bb type, because it's too pricey for 15 gr bb cream and I think if I use bb cream I would stay in the tube packaging

on 6/18/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

From the beginning, I didn't really like this. Why? I used WAY TOO MUCH OF THIS and without a primer. Now that I use a primer and that I'm getting used to the way it feels on my skin....
LOVE this stuff.

CLAIMS:
*6-in-1: foundation, moisturizer, sunscreen, oil controller, skin cooler (temperature adjusting), and whitening serum (kind of).
*ALL FITTING: skin tone fitting, coverage fitting.
*ALWAYS: ANYtime, ANYwhere, ANYone (repitition of the fitting claim above) with COMPACT case.

Etude House tends to overdo the claims, but this? They did it well. I would say that "cooling" doesn't really need to be a "claim" and more of a "bonus", but it does as it says and wakes up my skin so that's good.
High SPF. Moisturizing but definitely not oil building. Brightens the complexion (not too sure long-term since I have a lot of whitening skincare products). VERY versatile in terms of range (matches my neck, face, and hand). Coverage escalates to very high to a nice sheer tinted moisturizer.
Compact, so it's good for touch ups but I'm not that type of girl. The product is buildable so even with powder over top the first application, you can touch up the cosmetic without caking up the face.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.

FEELS: (love) the product is very lightweight and feels very refreshing and cooling on the skin.
SMELL: (love) unlike a lot of Korean cosmetics, this doesn't have that "floral cosmetic fragrance" that I do love and brings nostaglia, but it's not always good, especially on the face.
TEXTURE: (eh) thin but smooth and feels kind of moisturizing HOWEVER, it is kind of sticky against the skin. Never really sets.
PIGMENTATION: (love) very versatile coverage. Can really sheer it down. Even with high coverage (about four light pumps or one and a half heavy push), the underlying primer or illuminating product still shows so I LOVE that.
FINISH: (love) really depends on your skin underneath. This foundation is very manipulatable. With a very glowy base underneath, I still get that radiance over top. With my naturally combination skin, it sets to a natural finish that appears slightly matte but doesn't feel that way at all.

APPLICATION: (love) IN THE LIMELIGHT, this product is really amazing... the entire concept is genius. Push the sponge. Tap the skin. Keep tapping the skin. DONE!
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Squish the sponge into the sponge and sponge onto the skin.
(No blending required.)

WEAR OF PRODUCT:

TIME: (somewhat love) actually, this lasts quite a long time. Really nice, I must say. With a CC underneath (Etude House Glow), it lasts for about ten hours and by itself and NOT touching my face... about eight? It completely disappears by fourteen hours, but it's good if you have a powder to touch up with.
LOOKS: (love) this covers all the dark circles, the redness around my nose, the slight pores I have, EVERYTHING! Unless you put a ton of this on, you're not going to get it seeping into lines.
WEAR: (eh) make sure you powder. If you don't, the sticky residue will destroy the makeup. Don't rub the face with clothes as it will rub off. With a powder? No. It won't and shouldn't.
REACTION: (eh) my skin doesn't react to it, it seems, so I'm cool. Doesn't exactly do anything long-term however.
REMOVAL: (love) very simple, taking it off.

THE PACKAGING:

TRAVEL: (love) compact and sturdy. I don't have to worry about it snapping or breaking open and loose. LOVE this.
SPECIFICS: (love) THE ENTIRE GENIUS IDEA OF THIS CUSHION FOUNDATION IS BEYOND HUMANE POWERS. Literally, it's the best thing that's happened to foundation ever since they developed greasepaint.
VANITY: (love) it's very simple and round... cute!

Price is okay, rounding around $18 dollars US.
Refills with one sponge are about $11 and you definitely don't need the case to function, but it's nice if you have it.
For makeup: EVERYDAY GO-TO.
For skincare: NO BENEFITS.
For dazzling up your vanity?: SIMPLISTICALLY LUXURIOUS.

(Review has been updated.)

on 5/29/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was disappointed that this didn't work for me. It has so many awesome features, but my skin is just too oily for this type of product.

Pros
- easy to apply
- SPF 50
- medium finish, but buildable to a heavier coverage

Cons
- limited color selection
- wears off very quickly

It provides a dewy finish and when first applied looked great on me but after about 2 hours, much of it had started to disappear on the center of my face. I've also had a few clogged pores in the days after I started using it. I'm not sure if it is the cushion foundation, or something else.

I think this would work great for someone with fair to light skin tone and a combo skin type.

on 4/22/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I also have mixed feeling about this. Mostly due to the wrong shade that I picked (W13) too dark and too strong undertone for me.
It comes in a pretty compact, has big mirror and a puff. First of all, I kind of love the concept, but the puff for me at first was awkward to use, it's quite tiny and even with my tiny little hands I had to get used to that. Anyways, you can fix here and there fast, but with application it'll take longer as sometimes I've had it go on quite patchy. If you also put too much it looks somewhat cakey/powdery and visible on skin. Initially, it goes on in a thin layer, but good coverage. I also love the high SPF and scent. I'll also definitely will try a refill in N02 and see if it differs to Precios Mineral BB in N02 Also a con is that there's only 15 gr in the refill, it goes away quite fast, but I want to try to put other foundation it it, all refills by Pacific Amore company have same shape and size.