November 26, 2014 | 1744 users online

Pressed Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD Pressed Powder (New)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by NaeNae1227

I loved this powder, so satiny and soft and helps with oil control and a very good setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Lashaye16

Love this to set my foundation/concealer with! I love how it makes my skin look nice and soft and silky! I had a problem with setting my liquid foundations with powder foundations made me look super cakey! But this has solved my problem! I hate the price though!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Nstupak

This is the best powder I have ever tried. It gives great coverage and has a very nice finishing look to it. It never gets oily or creases. It lasts a very long time as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

Seriously amazing. It makes my face flawless. It sets my make up and gives me a fresh looking finish. Mind. Blown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the loose powder version of this and have been using it for years, unfortunately that means the bottom of every handbag has a fine layer of the powder on it when itís time to clean and store it. So when I spied the travel-size of this at Sephora I figured it would be great way to take my favorite powder on the go and spare my bags. I bought Too Facedís retractable Kabuki Brush to use with this and keep in my bag. This powder was fantastic! The brush picks up just a light amount, so after using a blotting sheet I apply this and it works wonderfully! Itís completely invisible on the skin and obliterates shine. I was shine-free for my humid vacation. My bag was dropped and dumped by my toddler, and the compact stayed intact. I would by this again, in fact I might by a second one to keep in my travel bag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I seem to be the lone naysayer at the moment, but I did not find this to be translucent. I do have fair skin, but it's also extremely oily. The powder is very soft and buttery, but it also left me with chalky, cakey clumps on my oily areas, especially around the sides of my nose. Granted, I would probably be able to make it work if I used blotting sheets before powdering, but I already have a pressed powder I can slap on top of my oily face without it getting cakey. (Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte, if anyone is curious). Sometimes I'm in a hurry and can't be bothered with a 2 step process to mattifying my face. I'm glad this works for others, but I don't have the patience for it. I may experiment with using this as a dry shampoo/hair texturizer just to use it up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. This puts my face into soft focus like a lens filter on a camera. It is especially good for use under my eyes to set my foundation and minimize the appearance of fine lines. I use a Real Techniques setting brush. It slightly lightens my underye and keeps my foundation in place. I use Laura Mercier transculent loose setting powder for the rest of my face at home, but I take this HD pressed powder when I travel and it can function as my only powder for oil control, setting and highlighting. In the loose form the Elf HD powder is a budget-friendly dupe, but I've not found a dupe for the pressed HD powder which is so portable. Love this and cannot do without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like a pressed powder without any color bc I don't always have to wear TM or foundation. When I do were TM, i use Jouer and when I use foundation, I use Dior skin Nude. Most days, i can get away with concealer, powder, blush, and eye makeup. This is a good setting powder for concealer and to reduce shine and is excellent for setting foundation or TM. I am NC 40 asian skin with yellow undertones and I don't see any white cast or anything. I use the TF bronzer brush to apply. When I do want a powder with a touch of color, I use TF in Ivory Fawn.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by aspenrocks99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS PRODUCT IS MY HOLY GRAIL. I never was really into using powder until a lady at Sephora put in on me when I was trying out a new foundation and SWEET NIBLETS. I REPEAT SWEET BABY NIBLETS. I thought the foundation looked good on but after she applied this powder I looked like a barbie. I was only planning to buy the foundation but I ended up buying this, and that says a lot because I hate spending money. This powder brings my whole face together. It covers a lot, too! LOVEEEEE

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bethanydb

really like this product -- I have combination skin so it has been so difficult finding a powder that a) doesn't blotch up in certain areas of my face due to dryness and b) lasts all day w/o becoming super oily! I apply this with the little circle sponge it comes with (oops) only because it gives me a fuller, more even coverage than with a brush (however this does cause it to use more at one time.) love that I can apply this in 3m rather than having to take 10m to apply liquid foundation. wearing liquid in summer is pretty gross so I love having this as an alternate! I am willing to spend more on face products as it creates the canvas for all your other makeup, but as a young college student paying $36 for something that doesn't last too long pains me! does anyone know of any drugstore dupes?