July 22, 2014 | 2036 users online

Pressed Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD Pressed Powder (New)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the loose powder version of this and have been using it for years, unfortunately that means the bottom of every handbag has a fine layer of the powder on it when itís time to clean and store it. So when I spied the travel-size of this at Sephora I figured it would be great way to take my favorite powder on the go and spare my bags. I bought Too Facedís retractable Kabuki Brush to use with this and keep in my bag. This powder was fantastic! The brush picks up just a light amount, so after using a blotting sheet I apply this and it works wonderfully! Itís completely invisible on the skin and obliterates shine. I was shine-free for my humid vacation. My bag was dropped and dumped by my toddler, and the compact stayed intact. I would by this again, in fact I might by a second one to keep in my travel bag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I seem to be the lone naysayer at the moment, but I did not find this to be translucent. I do have fair skin, but it's also extremely oily. The powder is very soft and buttery, but it also left me with chalky, cakey clumps on my oily areas, especially around the sides of my nose. Granted, I would probably be able to make it work if I used blotting sheets before powdering, but I already have a pressed powder I can slap on top of my oily face without it getting cakey. (Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte, if anyone is curious). Sometimes I'm in a hurry and can't be bothered with a 2 step process to mattifying my face. I'm glad this works for others, but I don't have the patience for it. I may experiment with using this as a dry shampoo/hair texturizer just to use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. This puts my face into soft focus like a lens filter on a camera. It is especially good for use under my eyes to set my foundation and minimize the appearance of fine lines. I use a Real Techniques setting brush. It slightly lightens my underye and keeps my foundation in place. I use Laura Mercier transculent loose setting powder for the rest of my face at home, but I take this HD pressed powder when I travel and it can function as my only powder for oil control, setting and highlighting. In the loose form the Elf HD powder is a budget-friendly dupe, but I've not found a dupe for the pressed HD powder which is so portable. Love this and cannot do without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like a pressed powder without any color bc I don't always have to wear TM or foundation. When I do were TM, i use Jouer and when I use foundation, I use Dior skin Nude. Most days, i can get away with concealer, powder, blush, and eye makeup. This is a good setting powder for concealer and to reduce shine and is excellent for setting foundation or TM. I am NC 40 asian skin with yellow undertones and I don't see any white cast or anything. I use the TF bronzer brush to apply. When I do want a powder with a touch of color, I use TF in Ivory Fawn.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by aspenrocks99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS PRODUCT IS MY HOLY GRAIL. I never was really into using powder until a lady at Sephora put in on me when I was trying out a new foundation and SWEET NIBLETS. I REPEAT SWEET BABY NIBLETS. I thought the foundation looked good on but after she applied this powder I looked like a barbie. I was only planning to buy the foundation but I ended up buying this, and that says a lot because I hate spending money. This powder brings my whole face together. It covers a lot, too! LOVEEEEE

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bethanydb

really like this product -- I have combination skin so it has been so difficult finding a powder that a) doesn't blotch up in certain areas of my face due to dryness and b) lasts all day w/o becoming super oily! I apply this with the little circle sponge it comes with (oops) only because it gives me a fuller, more even coverage than with a brush (however this does cause it to use more at one time.) love that I can apply this in 3m rather than having to take 10m to apply liquid foundation. wearing liquid in summer is pretty gross so I love having this as an alternate! I am willing to spend more on face products as it creates the canvas for all your other makeup, but as a young college student paying $36 for something that doesn't last too long pains me! does anyone know of any drugstore dupes?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

I love this! My skin type is normal. I don't get oily. But I prefer minimal coverage (I only use a medium-coverage foundation) and don't like the extra coverage when using a setting powder. The translucent formula is perfect because it helps set my makeup but doesn't make me look like a cake-face. This powder also makes your skin look like porcelain! It completely perfects your look! I also love how this formula is pressed. I hate loose powders so that's why I avoided using the original HD foundation. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by jinajamm

Saw this in a sample size mini compact version at Sephora so figured I would try it because I don't like how other powders have been looking on my skin lately. This stuff is great, it is translucent so it doesn't show up at all on my skin, yet, it keeps my face totally matte looking, because I hate looking shiny. I have combination skin but tend to get shiny on my nose, chin and forehead after a few hours of makeup application, but this stuff keeps me looking matte for most of the day, i haven't seen a need to have to touch up at all throughout the day. I had a problem getting the compact open a couple of times, but that won't stop me from repurchasing. Excellent product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just tried out MUFE's new HD Pressed Powder and it's amazing! Like the original, the white pressed powder is lightweight and completely translucent on the skin, making it perfect for all skin tones and types. For a soft focus effect, use a kabuki style brush. $36 at Sephora.