Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder (New)

4.2

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Isoceteth-10, Caprylyl Glycol, Nylon-12, Water, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate

on 3/25/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because the Sephora rep said it would keep shine away. It didn't. Won't repurchase. On the upside, it didn't break me out or leave a white cast. If it controlled oil better, I would repurchase. I'll finish it and then look for something else.

on 3/2/2015 12:33:00 PM

Not sure what happened, but I had an extreme allergic reaction to this product. I do have sensitive skin, but I figured the ingredients of this product were pretty tame for my skin to handle. I broke out in tiny little bumps on my skin that took two weeks to completely clear up.

When I was using it, it did absorb excess oil. However, I will say that your face will become ghost white even if you are in a room with heavy fluorescent lighting. I wore this once in class and the room had bright, white light above and people commented that my face was very white/pale. This is tricky because even without the flash photography, certain lights will still pick up that very white color.

If you do not have sensitive skin and will just be using this out in day light, I think it is a very great product that does what it is supposed to do. One of the best setting powders I have tried compared to the Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder and Mineral Veil. This one absorbed more oil, but I was sadly allergic to it.

on 2/17/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what I'm missing here. I use this pressed powder over my foundation with a round top kabuki brush and it just doesn't do anything for me. No "soft focus" or "blurring effect" to minimize skin imperfections. I had such high hopes for this product! But alas, my pores still look noticeable with this on. I also used it to set my under eye concealer and it did an ok job. Not fantastic, just ok. But at this price point, I expect better. The packaging is cute though. And it didn't break me out. Overall, an average product I wouldn't buy again.

on 1/10/2015 5:30:00 PM

Last year I was using the loose powder version of this product and I loved it - except that it was a bit messy to use and not very travel friendly. Ta-dah! That's when this pressed version came out and I knew I had to try it. I am on my second one and I absolutely love it.

The positives of this product are that it's pretty compact and sturdy so it's very easy to carry around with you on travels or just simply taking it to work. (It doesn't come with a puff applicator but that is okay with me since I prefer to use my brushes anyway.) I apply as little as possible on my face after applying my BB cream and it instantly mattifies my face without giving it that cakey, dull look (I use my ELF Powder Brush to apply). I also feel that it helps a bit with blurring out the imperfections that my BB cream couldn't quite cover.

The negatives? There isn't much except that the oils on my face do shine through about 6-7 hours into my day. If you want something that keeps you completely oil free all day - this might not be for you. But, I am okay with blotting and re-powdering my face so it doesn't disappoint me too much in that aspect.

Overall, I absolutely LOVE this product from it's packaging to how it looks/applies on my face - and it's worthy of an HG status in my book!

on 11/24/2014 4:53:00 PM

I loved this powder, so satiny and soft and helps with oil control and a very good setting powder.

on 11/17/2014 9:19:00 AM

Love this to set my foundation/concealer with! I love how it makes my skin look nice and soft and silky! I had a problem with setting my liquid foundations with powder foundations made me look super cakey! But this has solved my problem! I hate the price though!

on 11/8/2014 3:38:00 PM

This is the best powder I have ever tried. It gives great coverage and has a very nice finishing look to it. It never gets oily or creases. It lasts a very long time as well!

on 8/3/2014 11:40:00 PM

Seriously amazing. It makes my face flawless. It sets my make up and gives me a fresh looking finish. Mind. Blown.

on 7/18/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the loose powder version of this and have been using it for years, unfortunately that means the bottom of every handbag has a fine layer of the powder on it when itís time to clean and store it. So when I spied the travel-size of this at Sephora I figured it would be great way to take my favorite powder on the go and spare my bags. I bought Too Facedís retractable Kabuki Brush to use with this and keep in my bag. This powder was fantastic! The brush picks up just a light amount, so after using a blotting sheet I apply this and it works wonderfully! Itís completely invisible on the skin and obliterates shine. I was shine-free for my humid vacation. My bag was dropped and dumped by my toddler, and the compact stayed intact. I would by this again, in fact I might by a second one to keep in my travel bag.

on 7/18/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I seem to be the lone naysayer at the moment, but I did not find this to be translucent. I do have fair skin, but it's also extremely oily. The powder is very soft and buttery, but it also left me with chalky, cakey clumps on my oily areas, especially around the sides of my nose. Granted, I would probably be able to make it work if I used blotting sheets before powdering, but I already have a pressed powder I can slap on top of my oily face without it getting cakey. (Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte, if anyone is curious). Sometimes I'm in a hurry and can't be bothered with a 2 step process to mattifying my face. I'm glad this works for others, but I don't have the patience for it. I may experiment with using this as a dry shampoo/hair texturizer just to use it up.