November 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Silicone Liner Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This was such a disappointment. I thought this would be perfect to apply gel liner like a pencil for tight lining...it just doesn't cut it. It doesn't pick up product evenly or deposit it smoothly. The point is too flexible to work like a pencil. If you are just lining your upper lid above the lash line...this is ok, but no better than the SK Bent Liner Brush. It just wasn't ideal for tight lining.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this brush. I realized it was a silicone brush before I purchased it from Ulta and figured I would try it out since I was looking for a thin non-angled eyeliner brush and this was the only available for a reasonable price. I use it with Mac Fluid gel liner and It just didn't glide on my eyelid well. The product would gather on the tip of the "brush" and would not evenly distribute the line across my lid. I had to keep putting the brush back in the pot. Other reviews have mentioned it takes some time to get used to but honestly, I've been using gel liner for years and don't have time or money to waste trying to get used to use a silicone brush. Maybe the silicone just doesn't work well with the fluid line formula I don't know but back to the store it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This makes applying your eyeliner an easy task

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by DrowningInEyeliner

If I could marry this brush, I would. I originally bought this brush on a whim, having used several other Real Techniques brushes in the past and really enjoyed them. I was in need of a new eyeliner brush, so when I saw this I figured, "Eh, why not?" However, it wasn't until I got home and sat down with my purchases that I actually read the packaging and realized that it was a silicone brush! I had never heard of such a thing, but when I thought about the logic of it, and got a good look at the brush, I thought it sounded like a really amazing product. I was so optimistic about it, in fact, that I almost though it was too good to be true, to avoid disappointment if it wasn't as good as I had hoped. Yet, when I whipped out my gel eyeliner and took it for a test run, I was not disappointed in the least! This brush provides incredible precision and control, plus it's super easy to clean. In my opinion, it's an absolute must-have brush, and I've recommended it to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Marybell29

If your looking for an affordable and good quality liner brush this is it I usually don't wear eyeliner because I have a hard time applying it but with this brush is so easy I'm in love!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Firstly let me state that I did my first successful winged eyeliner with this brush and Maybelline Lasting Drama gel liner (absolute favourite!) .. having worn eyeliner since the age of 16 (10 years ago) I have never quite perfected the look until now.

This brush is pretty great. Whoever thought of a silicone liner brush is an absolute genius. I'm only speaking from experience with a gel liner of course, but it worked really well. The brush picks up the gel evenly and simply glides across the eyelid with precision. It DOES take practice though.

One thing I would say is that it's a little harder to get super close to the lashline like you would with a liner brush, but it's not impossible and if you have a brush it might be worth using it to get in those little gaps.

All in all a good purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This works great for me! I like a very thin line just on the outer halves of my upper lids, and this makes a nice smooth line, and gives me fantastic control (no wayward hairs to worry about mucking up the line). The best thing about it though, is it allows me to create a very subtle flick, which mimics the shadow that eyelashes would cast against your skin. I wasn't expecting much when I purchased this "brush", but I'm very satisfied with it and would definitely replace it if I lost it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I've always struggled with finding a good enough brush to apply my gel liner with, from using a nail art brush with a very fine tip, to the MAC 266, none of them have ever given me the control to apply my gel liner in a precise, thin line. Well, the new Real Techniques Silicone Liner brush has been a godsend! The tip of the brush is a silicone tip, with an extremely fine point that allows me to really get into the base of my eyelashes. I can easily control exactly where I want my gel liner to be applied thanks to there being no splayed bristles to risk me , and the tip doesn't drag my gel liner, it just glides! However, due to the design of the tip not being able to hold product the way a traditional liner brush can, I find that I have to go over my upper lashline a few times to create a full, opaque line. So, if you like to apply your eyeliner in one smooth line, this brush isn't for you. Furthermore, this brush is extremely easy to clean - it's a nightmare for to clean my gel liner brushes, but with this brush, once I've finished using it all I do is get a baby wipe and clean the tip. Simple as that! Overall, because this brush allows me to easily create lines of any thickness I desire, I love using it.