July 31, 2014 | 1962 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Silicone Liner Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Marybell29

If your looking for an affordable and good quality liner brush this is it I usually don't wear eyeliner because I have a hard time applying it but with this brush is so easy I'm in love!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Firstly let me state that I did my first successful winged eyeliner with this brush and Maybelline Lasting Drama gel liner (absolute favourite!) .. having worn eyeliner since the age of 16 (10 years ago) I have never quite perfected the look until now.

This brush is pretty great. Whoever thought of a silicone liner brush is an absolute genius. I'm only speaking from experience with a gel liner of course, but it worked really well. The brush picks up the gel evenly and simply glides across the eyelid with precision. It DOES take practice though.

One thing I would say is that it's a little harder to get super close to the lashline like you would with a liner brush, but it's not impossible and if you have a brush it might be worth using it to get in those little gaps.

All in all a good purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This works great for me! I like a very thin line just on the outer halves of my upper lids, and this makes a nice smooth line, and gives me fantastic control (no wayward hairs to worry about mucking up the line). The best thing about it though, is it allows me to create a very subtle flick, which mimics the shadow that eyelashes would cast against your skin. I wasn't expecting much when I purchased this "brush", but I'm very satisfied with it and would definitely replace it if I lost it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I've always struggled with finding a good enough brush to apply my gel liner with, from using a nail art brush with a very fine tip, to the MAC 266, none of them have ever given me the control to apply my gel liner in a precise, thin line. Well, the new Real Techniques Silicone Liner brush has been a godsend! The tip of the brush is a silicone tip, with an extremely fine point that allows me to really get into the base of my eyelashes. I can easily control exactly where I want my gel liner to be applied thanks to there being no splayed bristles to risk me , and the tip doesn't drag my gel liner, it just glides! However, due to the design of the tip not being able to hold product the way a traditional liner brush can, I find that I have to go over my upper lashline a few times to create a full, opaque line. So, if you like to apply your eyeliner in one smooth line, this brush isn't for you. Furthermore, this brush is extremely easy to clean - it's a nightmare for to clean my gel liner brushes, but with this brush, once I've finished using it all I do is get a baby wipe and clean the tip. Simple as that! Overall, because this brush allows me to easily create lines of any thickness I desire, I love using it.