September 22, 2014 | 1266 users online

Eye Shadow - Rimmel - Scandaleyes Shadow Paint in Rich Russet

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't used liquid e/s in a looong time, not since the good old days of Clinique Touch Tint for eyes. I got this on the basis of a few glowing YT reviews, and I was really liking the Maybelline Bad to the Bronze cream e/s so thought I would try something similar. It was a very reasonable 4.99 in Boots.

This has a wand applicator and feels COLD when first applied. I just use a windscreen wiper sweep over my eyes and blend. *Warning*: this sets FAST. REALLY fast. Have your blending brush ready before you even put the applicator back in the tube and don't even think about starting the other eye. You have 10 seconds tops to blend this. The applicator cannot blend, finger doesn't work that well. Have a 217 like brush in your hand as you are applying, trust me. I use the flat side to blend over the lid then the tip to blend into the crease. If you do it quickly you will get a lovely, sheeny bronzey taupe wash of pigmented colour, not too warm, that looks great by itself and a bit of black liner. It stays put once it set, absolutely no creasing to report after a 14 hour day.

The bit of work this takes to apply is worth it for the payoff. Persevere if the first time it's a bit messy, it is easy enough to blend as long as you're quick about it. Great for work or caual weekend look.