July 30, 2014 | 1150 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare Volume Filler Densifying Gelee

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by glamourgirrrl31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm using the entire l'oreal volume line and of the 4 products this is my least favorite, which is funny because it's the highest reviewed here. I find the smell of the product to be off putting, it reminds me of a mens cologne, not a bad smell just not one I want on my head. Also the texture of the product seems odd to me, almost silica like. I used it in conjunction with the other products for 3 weeks so I could give my honest opinion of the product and I just don't think it's all that. My hair wasn't as volumized as when I used my normal mousses and was more difficult to blow dry (not something I normally have problems with). Also I couldn't get my normal 2-3 days out of my blow dry, I was having to re wash or re wet and dry daily, not something that works for me. So while I will keep using and buying the other 3 products in the line this one just isn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

This is a nice alternative to mousse. It's not going to give you quite as much volume as a mousse, but it's still a good amount and this stuff will leave your hair nice and soft, never stiff. While I don't think it adds shine, it definitely doesn't matte-ify my hair like mousse usually does. When I first put this thick goo in my hand I was convinced this stuff was going to be sticky- but nope! Not at all. I will warn that it does smell like a cleaning product at first (EWW) but it fades after you blow dry. The BF doesn't think it "makes my hair smell", so I'll continue to use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fine, thin, straight hair. I am always looking for a new volumizing product. My HG is Sexy Hair Concepts Root Pump Plus. I always have a can of that on hand but I like to try new things from time to time.
I saw this and checked reviews before I bought it. I did not buy the shampoo or conditioner. I am currently using Joico K-Pak and won't buy anything else until that is gone.
I just wasn't all that impressed with this product. It didn't do much, if anything. It smelled really strong too! It had no hold at all. I guess I was expecting some hold because it is a gel.
If I had to compare it to something I would compare it to a silicone face primer. That's what it felt like. I know that is an odd comparison but that's the first thing I thought of.
Maybe used with other volumizing products it would add that little something extra but on it's own it is pretty useless to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice companion product to the new Volume Filler shampoo line by L'Oreal. I picked this gel up first & got it real cheap (less than 1/2 price) with a coupon I had on my CVS card.

I like that it's not greasy, sticky or otherwise wet-looking when I apply it to (damp) hair - it has a dry, light, weightless finish & seems to just sink right into the hair & disappear. Gives nice volume to my thinning hair (chin-length bob) & leaves my hair soft & touchable whether I use the hairdryer (preferred for volume) or just let it air-dry.

I don't generally like to layer products b/c they weigh my weak hair down, but this weightless product is easily layerable with other things I like to use when I'm trying to enhance a curl - AG Re:Coil paste & some kind of strong-hold sticky gel like Redken Elastic Works (discontinued).

I was skeptical when I tried it but I'm glad it worked out to be a useable product. Would purchase again, even at full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lulu2222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using three Volume Filler products (shampoo, conditioner, amplifying concentrate) for a few months and I am really happy with the results. I have fine blonde hair that waves in the wrong places even when I use a flat iron and has wispy flyaways. With the VF products my hair stays nice and straight and there are far fewer wisps. I just bought and used the fourth VF product, Densifying Gelee, and am adding that to my routine. When I first felt the gelee texture, I was a bit concerned because it's thick but in the end it does work. I have been using Bed Head TIGI Control Freak Serum for my styling product and it's very good too - kind of a tie between it and the gelee.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

This stuff really is amazing, it is the best volumizing "gel" I have ever used. It doesn't weigh hair down at all, it does really thicken it. When you start spreading it through your hair, you feel your hair densifying, it's an odd feeling for sure. The best thing about this is that it adds amazing volume with NO alcohol content. I stopped using a lot of volumizing products many years ago because the high alcohol content leaves my hair dry and more damaged. This product will not do that.

I ended up having to buy a second tube of this for my significant other. He usually slathers on a regular gel each morning, I've been telling him for years that he should stop or switch products because it is damaging his hair. Once he tried this he was hooked. He doesn't blow dry or anything, he just smooths it in to tame his fly aways and it lasts all day and gives him a very nice bounce and shine.

This new L'Oreal line is really great, I was turned off L'Oreal after trying the "ever" line (which is truly awful), but this new line in the black bottles is amazing. I love the volume filler conditioner and the damage erasing balm along with this gelee.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! I don't use it in accordance with any of the other products in the line, it's actually the first L'Oreal hair product I've purchased in a long time, but as a standalone it is so effective and awesome. My hair is shoulder-length and thick, and often totally flat. I use about a quarter-sized amount and apply mainly at the roots of my hair when it is damp and what is left I smooth through the rest, brush and blowdry and it's seriously like nothing was ever put in my hair. They aren't playing when they say non-greasy and no weigh-down.. it's pretty spectacular. What I'm left with is much fuller hair, soft and totally weightless volume. The scent reminds me of some sort of cologne, or maybe some higher end hair product I can't place. I don't mind it at all, though, and it isn't noticeable in your hair. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Merlot67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product is awful. I have mid-back length glossy dark brown hair. My hair is fine, and medium thin. First of all, the smell is horrible. The "fragrance" smells like something that should be in the garage. Even after washing your hands with soap, the scent lingers. I not only didn't have any results with the product, but it took all the shine out of my hair. My hair looked like a wig and I normally have very shiny hair. I have tried this product 3 times and it's just horrible. Don't waste your money on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 More reviews by EVAFILMS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stock up on this product every time I see it in the store. L'oreal has outdone itself with this volumizing line. I have long color-treated hair that has been breaking off due to years of hair color. I have found this to be the best treatment in building up my hair and making it look healthier and feel thicker. Products for color-treated hair never work and leave my hair flat and feeling thin. I now do a kerat treatment to my hair ends once a month, argan oil once a week, and this shampoo, conditioner, and gel daily. My hair has never looked or felt so soft, thick, supple, and amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jln7124

I was pleasantly surprised by how effective this product was!! I have very fine, thin hair that always falls flat and have tried everything from high end products to drug store brands but rarely find something that works well enough to repurchase. This gives me some volume and lift without making my hair stiff or sticky. I used a quarter sized amount and brushed through before blow drying with a round brush. While It didn't give me mega volume it definitely added some nice oomph and body to my otherwise flat hair with very little effort. I had a coupon so this came in under $5 for me but I think it's a bargain even at the full price. If you are looking for a drug store product to give you a little boost without having to put a lot of work or product in your hair I would give this a shot.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No