L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Volume Filler Densifying Gelee

3.9

US: Aqua/Water/Eau, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Vp/Va Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Arginine, Glutamic Acid, Serine, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Linalool, Limonene, Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane, Methylisothiazolinone, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol, Alphaisomethyl Ionone, Soluble Collagen, Citral. F.I.L. # D164818/2 EU: AQUA/WATER/EAU, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYACRYLAMIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PVP, LAURETH-7, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, SERICA POWDER/SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, AMINOPROPYL TRIETHOXYSILANE, BENZOPHENONE-4, LIMONENE, GERANIOL, EUGENOL, CI 60730/EXT. VIOLET 2, CI 17200/RED 33, CI 19140/YELLOW 5, F.I.L. # D164738/2

on 2/1/2015 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Had to throw this away after a couple of uses. Feels like glue on my hair, makes it sticky and matte. I didn't feel that it improved the fullness/thickness of my hair.

on 1/22/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome for fine hair. I love TIGI Bed Head products, but they're so expensive. I had been using cheap root lifting mousses and sprays, which left my hair sticky and dull. I figured I would go back to TIGI, but I saw the reviews on this gel, so I tried it and I'm hooked.

This gives my hair smoothness, softness, shine, volume and lift. I wash and style my hair at night, sleep with it gathered on the top of my head with a scrunchy, and the next day, my hair looks and feels thicker, and I have volume at the crown all day. This stuff is amazing. I've never had this much lift for so long with any other product.

A lot of people have complained about the scent, which does smell like men's cologne, but I actually like it and it doesn't bother me. If you're sensitive to scents, this product might smell too strong.

This stuff is great. My hair feels so fluffy, and I blow dried and straightened (two heat treatments!) and it was still silky smooth. It really does give some nice bounce and volume. I can feel the difference on my head. Sounds weird, I know, but when you have fine, flat hair like I do, feeling a little lift is a big deal. I'm planning on using it every time I blow dry, and I'll probably buy another to keep in my gym bag. Due to the price, I totally can.

The only reason it's not 5 lippies is because 1) I've only used it one time so far, and 2) It really does stink. It's not strong, but when you get a whiff of it, it's not a pleasant smell. Someone described it as bad 80s cologne, and I think that's pretty accurate. It's kind of reminiscent of a bad men's Avon scent. I'm sure it's easily masked by other products or perfumes, though.

on 1/7/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a sample in the mail of the shampoo, conditioner, and gelee, and I used all 3. I have thin, fine hair. My hair did look full today, but only like a regular good hair day for me--not anything really different. Still, if I could count on it for reliably good hair days, it would be worth a try.

The serious downside, though, is the smell. This stuff has the strong fragrance of an 80s cologne, something between Polo (for men) and Fendi (for women). Not subtle. It's like when you're out and you smell a man's cologne 50 feet before the man wearing it walks by. Not good. There's no way I can have that smell on my head everyday. If they could somehow change (or even lessen) the fragrance, I'd definitely give it a longer trial.

on 10/22/2014 7:03:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product, and it seemed to work great at first. But after a few weeks of use I realized it was causing build-up in my hair, conversely causing my hair to look flat. I was then using a baking soda/apple cider vinegar rinse hoping this would resolve the buildup, but then my hair would get weird and dry and the L'oreal Gelee still didn't work and seemed to heighten the dryness? The smell is overpowering and definitely smells like cologne--would be much better unscented in my opinion. But anyway, I gave this product a shot, and am now actually n the process of switching to only natural haircare brands. I am currently using DermOrganic Volume Foam, and I love it!

on 10/8/2014 8:32:00 PM

I just bought this today. I wanted to try Redken Velvet Gelatine, but it was $18 and I was worried. But then I remembered that Redken is owned by L'Oreal and so I looked at the ingredients of both products and they are almost completely identical- everything that comes before the coloring chemicals are the same. I am very excited about trying this out and I will report back- the good reviews are very encouraging!

on 9/22/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Screw that crap about MIT scientists developing the miracle molecule for hair care (referring to Living Proof). Where were those geniuses when this product came out?!?! This is an unbelievable dream come true. It WORKS! How often we can we actually say that? And just to make it all the better it is cheap and can be had in a drug store. My hair is fine, wavy and voluminous which can really look good but the soft water in my town takes all its glory away. I see a noticeable difference when I am in a area with harder water and no product ever really attained that same look except for this one. This is a gel and you only need a small amount. Totally UNDETECTABLE in your hair. Do you know how much stuff I can throw out now????!!!! Do you know how freakin' happy I am??!!

on 9/9/2014 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got samples of the shampoo, conditioner (which I have yet to use) and the volume filler. I used it for the first time yesterday, instead of my usual Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PHD) $26. I also use a Paul Mitchell root boost, and Big Sexy Hair mousse, depending on mood. This is better than all 3. My hair is short and bob, fine, slightly curly and normal in amount. The volume and roundness I got from my blow dry was beautiful. Shiny and swingy. The fragrance is rather masculine, but I prefer that to flowery. Best news of all? This morning after brushing, it was still full. I scrunched a 2 peas amount into my hands and voila, done deal! Not flat, limp, but cute, popped the curl out a little, and if I can get that second day out of a short hair-do, I'm a happy girl. For $7 this is an amazing buy!

I'm using the entire l'oreal volume line and of the 4 products this is my least favorite, which is funny because it's the highest reviewed here. I find the smell of the product to be off putting, it reminds me of a mens cologne, not a bad smell just not one I want on my head. Also the texture of the product seems odd to me, almost silica like. I used it in conjunction with the other products for 3 weeks so I could give my honest opinion of the product and I just don't think it's all that. My hair wasn't as volumized as when I used my normal mousses and was more difficult to blow dry (not something I normally have problems with). Also I couldn't get my normal 2-3 days out of my blow dry, I was having to re wash or re wet and dry daily, not something that works for me. So while I will keep using and buying the other 3 products in the line this one just isn't for me.

on 5/10/2014 11:43:00 PM

This is a nice alternative to mousse. It's not going to give you quite as much volume as a mousse, but it's still a good amount and this stuff will leave your hair nice and soft, never stiff. While I don't think it adds shine, it definitely doesn't matte-ify my hair like mousse usually does. When I first put this thick goo in my hand I was convinced this stuff was going to be sticky- but nope! Not at all. I will warn that it does smell like a cleaning product at first (EWW) but it fades after you blow dry. The BF doesn't think it "makes my hair smell", so I'll continue to use it.