It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.4

on 8/18/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in fair and it's a tiny bit yellow on me, but i'm very cool-toned so that's normal, and workable. i use it as a setting powder over the top of liquid foundation to add more coverage, and to finish my face makeup. while it makes my skin look great, especially initially, it has a tendency to look cakey after a couple of hours of wear. this doesn't always happen so i thinl its me over-applying. the powder is very soft, so it's easy to pack more than you need onto your brush. other than that, it's a great powder. the 'illumination' in the name is odd, because i don't see any glowy-ness. it's not glittery, nor does it have a sheen. it has a pretty natural finish. i'd recommend this if you have combo/oilier skin than me, probably not for drier skins.

on 7/9/2015 4:19:00 PM

I like that this powder foundation gives good coverage. I also like that this has a satin, glowy finish without it being sparkly or oily looking. I wish it had more color options so I could get a better match. I have a video comparing this to bareminerals if you want to check it out.

on 6/20/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am on the fence with this one. IT has many terrific products and the original Celebration Foundation worked well on my skin. I had to play around with the product to find the best application for my mature skin. First of all, nobody over 40 should place the product anywhere near their nose or chin. Every pore I didn't know I had showed up. No amount of buffing remedied the problem. had to wipe off and start again. Where the product does look nice is when i buffed it into my cheeks and over cheekbone. It served as a great base for bronzer/blush with a bit of glow. Almost like an age appropriate highlighter. However, as an all over foundation I would give it one star.

on 6/12/2015 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so surprised by the negative reviews on this product. I was looking for something similar to the Laura Geller baked powder foundation, which I like in terms of glow but unfortunately breaks me out. This is perfect for my combination skin...nice, creamy coverage with a glow. My sister commented on my skin the day I sampled it and I made a beeline back to the store to purchase afterward. It wears well, without needing a touch up. This might be my HG foundation.

on 6/7/2015 11:26:00 PM

I wanted to try the original formula but they were out of my color so someone at ULTA suggested to try this one. I really like the idea of a "glow," however this powder accentuated all my pores and I saw pores I didn't even know I had. I'm going to try the original formula and see if that works better for my skin!

on 5/22/2015 2:32:00 AM

I'm 43 and naturally flawless skin days are long gone now. So glad I decided for the Celebration Foundation Illumination in Fair. It covers the redness and mild discoloration on my face, yet it lets my skin looking like skin, and not a mask. I personally don't like heavy coverage, I tend more towards BB creams and tinted moisturizers. This powder fits the bill perfectly. Coverage is buildable and depends on application. My advice is to only apply after moisturizer is fully absorbed. On my first try I was rushing and applied over humid skin. It ended up slightly patchy. Now I wait a few minutes before applying it. Celebration Foundation Illumination blurs fine lines and large pores, skin glows and becomes a smooth, healthy and polished looking skin. It looked so nice at night, that I almost felt sorry removing it!

I was in doubt between the Illumination Foundation or the traditional one because of my oily skin. I live in the desert, skin can often become dehydrated too, so is important to moisturize before applying powder. I had no problems with that. It looked flawless. Last week I traveled to a very humid weather. I thought it would be a mess, but kept my skin in perfect condition throughout the day. A big plus: a powder that can be used under any climate condition. Now I'm on my way to increase my IT Cosmetics collection. I can't wait!

Highly recommend!

on 5/17/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will probably continue to purchase this instead of bare minerals. It is almost too matte when first applied but after a couple of hours it becomes the perfect consistency. I'm 34, have medium pores I have some mild wrinkling ( I live on the coast of Florida), and oily skin. The coverage can be medium to heavy depending on how it's applied or which style of brush you use. The best part is that it's not made with talc which can be very irritating to sensitive skin which I also have.

on 3/15/2015 7:52:00 PM

Since this is advertised as an anti-aging product, I will say up front I am about to turn 46. I have fair skin that is mostly "normal" with some occasional dryness. I have the beginnings of some fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead (which look awful with some foundations), and I have a bit of uneven skintone I always want my foundations to even out.

I am LOVING this foundation. It's very quick to apply. I get a nice amount of coverage without it looking heavy or unnatural. And I get a nice finish that is neither dry nor greasy looking. I have the "light" shade and apply with the It Dual Foundation / Concealer brush. I sweep the brush accross my skin. I do not apply with a "buffing" motion. Less is more with this foundation. This is currently my everyday foundation.

I've never tried to apply it with the little brush that comes in the compact. But, I don't think I'd like applying it that way. Also, it's important to moisturize first...but give your moisturizer time to absorb before applying the foundation. You don't want your skin to have a wet or greasy feel to it when you apply this foundation. I would guess that many of the people who've posted complaints about this have either applied too much product, are not using a good brush, or are applying it with oily / wet moisturizer on their skin.

on 2/10/2015 10:34:00 PM

I guess I'm in a minority here but I love this foundation. This covers nicely and gives me an even skin tone without feeling heavy. It is important to moisturize before. I am 45 and I feel this makes my skin look amazing!

on 2/3/2015 3:30:00 PM

No no and no!!!!! I love IT cosmetics but not this one. WARNING IF YOU ARRE OVER 30 WITH AGING SKIN STAY AWAY. I am 54 and this shows every and I mean every line wrinkle pore and imperfection. It sits on top of skin like a crepy film no matter how hard you try to blend it. I am now using this under my nose only to cover some broken capillaries.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated It Cosmetics Products