It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.5

I really like this foundation. It is a powder but moist if that makes sense. Goes on with a brush better than a sponge and gives long lasting result. I have blonde hair and green eyes and bought the medium shade - it is perfect.

I have used Sheer Cover for years and this is better in my opinion.

I have repurchased this. I love it and it works great alone. I tried it over It's cc cream and many other bb/cc creams but it does not work as well as it does by itself. The color matches me perfectly and its not cakey at all, even when i layer it. Best coverage Ive ever had in a powder.

The only downside is that it goes shiny on me pretty quickly. But ill take it as the other good points outweigh this...i just take a brush and reblend it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't want to give this foundation a bad review because there is a lot to like about it. Years and years ago, I used to wear bare minerals foundation until I found my beloved Kat Von D liquid foundation. I needed a full coverage foundation and I have dry skin and the bare minerals just didn't cut it anymore. I've been wary to try any other mineral or powder foundations because I find them more light to medium coverage and they tend to make the skin look dry. The It Cosmetics celebration illumination foundation has great coverage. The texture is very soft and velvety. The major problem I had with this foundation is the finish. It gave a sheen to my face that looked kind of waxy. After wearing the foundation for about 5 hours, it started to separate slightly on the face. I noticed areas where the coverage was heavy and then spots where there was no coverage. I admit that I use multiple products on my skin before foundation and the separation could have been due to my face not being dry enough during application. I believe I am putting on too much foundation because I didn't realize how full coverage this stuff is. I'm going to play around with it more because it would be a great foundation on days that I just need to do a quick makeup and go look.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am not a powder person, but really like this one as it doesn't make me feel dry and doesn't cake up. The illumination is subtle, and just gives a lit from within glow.

I sooooo love this. I like to use this to set my foundation. I use it with any dewy foundation and it just makes my skin look illuminated and beautiful! Kind of expensive but definitely worth it!!!!

Works great with my dry skin. Not enough coverage without anything under it, but I love it with BB or CC creams.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this foundation for over a year and at first, I used it every day. Now, it just sits in my foundation drawer in my organizer. I bought it initially because I really wanted to try a new powder foundation due to the fact that, in the summer, my skin gets extremely oily, and liquid and cream foundations exacerbate the oil and end up causing breakouts. Well, this did help with oil, I'll give it that. However, it severely clogs my pores to an extent where it's extremely noticeable and the texture of my skin becomes rough to the touch because the debris in my pores is raised. No amount of exfoliation, masks, pore strips, or even a Luna Mini was able to clear them out. I had to stop using it completely, and then it took months for my skin to become smooth again, with a lot of effort and products.

As far as the foundation aspect goes, I thought it was decent, but was never blown away by it. I bought the shade Light, which is actually too tan looking for my neutral undertones that do lean more toward yellow (as opposed to pink). The coverage itself is so-so. It does a good job of evening things out, but, if you're someone that suffers from acne, rosacea, or acne scars...this is not going you do it for you. If you have mature skin, this is going to accentuate any lines, creases, and dryness.

I also found that it leaned toward cakey way too easily. It really makes pores more noticeable (most likely bc the pores are just pulling all of it in for some reason), and can look quite powdery.

For an "Illuminating" product, I found that it did very little in the illuminating dept. It does have a very slight (and I do mean slight) pearl shimmer to it when swatching on the hand, but it doesn't render as anything when applied to the face.

The powder itself is surprisingly chalky as well. I'm surprised when I come across a product that should be finely milled when it's not, like a powder foundation. For a higher end brand, the formulation is very cheap feeling, IMO. The price certainly does not reflect the quality.

I wouldn't recommend this in any capacity. There are much better powder foundations out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I overall liked this product. I wasn't too sure since it was illuminating, but it isn't extreme. Just a little big of a glow while still being matte and not oily looking. The color worked well and it really did cover with the included brush it came with. Didn't cause me to break out like the CC cream did (from the same brand) and I over all really enjoyed it. I would definitely try it out. It did last at least 8 hours on me. I tend to get oily quickly and it seemed to keep me a bit more matte longer then average. I also used some under my eyes to set my concealer and that also performed rather well which surprised me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in fair and it's a tiny bit yellow on me, but i'm very cool-toned so that's normal, and workable. i use it as a setting powder over the top of liquid foundation to add more coverage, and to finish my face makeup. while it makes my skin look great, especially initially, it has a tendency to look cakey after a couple of hours of wear. this doesn't always happen so i thinl its me over-applying. the powder is very soft, so it's easy to pack more than you need onto your brush. other than that, it's a great powder. the 'illumination' in the name is odd, because i don't see any glowy-ness. it's not glittery, nor does it have a sheen. it has a pretty natural finish. i'd recommend this if you have combo/oilier skin than me, probably not for drier skins.

I like that this powder foundation gives good coverage. I also like that this has a satin, glowy finish without it being sparkly or oily looking. I wish it had more color options so I could get a better match. I have a video comparing this to bareminerals if you want to check it out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated It Cosmetics Products