December 22, 2014 | 1095 users online

Powder - It Cosmetics - Celebration Foundation Illumination

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is not bad, but I ended up returning it and I will tell you why, first the shade selection is very limited. I did not fit in tan or Medium because Tan has a pink undertone and I need a golden one and Medium was yellow based but to light. Its really heavy coverage powder foundation, which is okay but requires blending and some finishing spray so it wont get cakey if you have oily skin this is a very good option, I myself have combo skin. so if the shade selection matches you and your looking for a powder foundation this is a great selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by melanieRD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have HORRIFYING skin. Horrible. I use the it CC cream and then this foundation! I love it! Def not illuminating!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE!!! My fave! Long lasting and excellent coverage. I don't find the "illumination" part to be too much. Some illuminating products just look like oily skin to me. This one in spot on! Love your products Jamie!! Keep 'me coming!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sophrosyne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Count me among the fans. I've been using various It Cosmetics products since I discovered the line at Ulta. The "stain" lip liners are fantastic, especially Blushing Nude and Spicy Nude, and the tightline lash primer equally amazing. The powder illuminizer is a personal mainstay, with a softer glow than my old standby NARS Albatross. Most of the products have some kind of "hook" that reels you in, something no other line offers. The new Anchor Blue lip gloss is a dupe of an old Prescriptives gloss I wore some 15 years ago, that made my teeth look really white. Happy to have something similar again. Anyway, I had yet to try any It Cosmetics foundations, but since I fit the company's target demographic (women with aging skin), I figured I'd take a risk with the Illumination Foundation. My skin is light olive and has always been oily, but with age it's become more balanced, so I use a variety of oils to "prime" it. I look my best with some shimmer or after breaking a sweat, so for years I've worn Bare Minerals classic powder foundation, the shimmery stuff, in Medium Beige or Golden Beige if I have a tan. I ordered this It Cosmetics foundation in Medium, and it happens to be a killer match for my skin, neither too pink nor too yellow. I wash my face, use Makeup Artists' Choice mandelic acid toner to smooth and tighten, and then spread a thin layer of argan oil all over. Using my Bare Minerals Ready Foundation brush (dense with a flat, angled plane for application), I apply the It Cosmetics foundation using a sweeping motion. The result is a soft-focus glow that doesn't look shiny. Coverage is medium. I apply a little bit of powder concealer on blemishes AFTER application. This foundation also doesn't make my skin feel prickly like Bare Minerals does. Very comfortable to wear. As I said, I imagine I'm right in the demographic It Cosmetics is targeting with this product (I'm 45), but for me at least, they NAILED it. I get no settling into wrinkles. I wonder if the oil "primer" helps the powder settle evenly. Obviously using an oil primer wouldn't be for everyone, but if you find that your skin benefits from an application of oil at night or before you put on makeup, give this foundation a try. It beats out my Bare Minerals, both classic and pressed, and my NARS powder foundations (including the all-day "luminous" which is not very luminous on me). I have a new HG foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After hearing many ravings about this I decided to purchase this at Ulta. I purchased the brush that comes with it as well. I was sold on the fact that is a full coverage powder that isn't matte. I've got acne scarring and hyperpigmentation as well as a few blemishes now and then. I liked the brush but the foundation is awful. It was so glittery, it kinda looked like I was caking powder highlighter all over my face, I wanted glowing and dewy, not to look like a disco ball. It also settled into every line and pore in my face making them super pronounced. Also it is very definitely not full coverage, I'd say medium. I could still see a lot of scaring and dark spots showing through. I immediately returned it to Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

Well, I don't get it. I read through the ingredient list & it's exactly teh same as original Celebration??? Somehow this is more brightening. I prefer it to original & am now using my Original up so I can continue on with this improved version. I also use the ELF studio powder brush to apply it, I like that much better than teh brush that it comes with

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HOLY GUACAMOLE this cakes on if you apply it with the buffing brush (sold separately). "Full coverage +" capabilities (the only reason I gave it 3 lippies, otherwise it would be 2). Using the brush in the compact, however, yields "low-medium coverage" at best.

The first couple of days I wore this, it looked fan-freakin-tastic, like, airbrushed I tell you. As some users have commented, though, it can end up exacerbating any fine lines and pores. There is a fine line between applying "just enough" and "too much" of this product. After only an hour or so, this product makes my pores HUGE. We are talking where the f did those come from huge. I would recommend this to a person with dry skin who does not have wrinkles. If you have oily skin, it will clog your pores and the ingredients in it will make your skin produce even more oil. If you have even the slightest hint of any type of wrinkle, crease, or non-ceramic element to your face, this will settle in the valleys and exacerbate the aforementioned.

I have found the compact to... solidify, for the lack of better words... which prevents me from being able to get any product onto any type of brush. This was a fun experiment but, especially for the absurd $50 price tag, I will save this in case of emergencies only.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Pdxmomof2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I don't have a lot of skin issues, but as I am closing in on 50 I am finding I need some coverage and this is perfect. I love the creamy powder consistency and how it buffs in my skin and gives me a flawless complexion. I use the medium tone, but i self tan during the summer months, I will be back to ulta and purchase it in light before winter!

I should add that I don't notice any "illumination" sheen or anything. I get more of a shimmer with my BH Cosmetics Bomshell Bronze Starlet quad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it! It doesn't break me out! I use it very lightly over the IT CC cream. Haven't been able to use powder in years because of irriating ingredients. I'm very happy with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dud. Bomb. Complete waste of money.

I was so excited to purchase this after seeing it on QVC. The way it covered, the flawless finish.......oh, they reeled me in. The coverage is neither full nor buildable. And it settles in every line and pore. Not a good look. I've used BE in the past with far superior results. I would guess you could find a better and far less expensive powder foundation in any drugstore. Save your money.