September 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Powder - It Cosmetics - Celebration Foundation Illumination

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

Well, I don't get it. I read through the ingredient list & it's exactly teh same as original Celebration??? Somehow this is more brightening. I prefer it to original & am now using my Original up so I can continue on with this improved version. I also use the ELF studio powder brush to apply it, I like that much better than teh brush that it comes with

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HOLY GUACAMOLE this cakes on if you apply it with the buffing brush (sold separately). "Full coverage +" capabilities (the only reason I gave it 3 lippies, otherwise it would be 2). Using the brush in the compact, however, yields "low-medium coverage" at best.

The first couple of days I wore this, it looked fan-freakin-tastic, like, airbrushed I tell you. As some users have commented, though, it can end up exacerbating any fine lines and pores. There is a fine line between applying "just enough" and "too much" of this product. After only an hour or so, this product makes my pores HUGE. We are talking where the f did those come from huge. I would recommend this to a person with dry skin who does not have wrinkles. If you have oily skin, it will clog your pores and the ingredients in it will make your skin produce even more oil. If you have even the slightest hint of any type of wrinkle, crease, or non-ceramic element to your face, this will settle in the valleys and exacerbate the aforementioned.

I have found the compact to... solidify, for the lack of better words... which prevents me from being able to get any product onto any type of brush. This was a fun experiment but, especially for the absurd $50 price tag, I will save this in case of emergencies only.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Pdxmomof2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I don't have a lot of skin issues, but as I am closing in on 50 I am finding I need some coverage and this is perfect. I love the creamy powder consistency and how it buffs in my skin and gives me a flawless complexion. I use the medium tone, but i self tan during the summer months, I will be back to ulta and purchase it in light before winter!

I should add that I don't notice any "illumination" sheen or anything. I get more of a shimmer with my BH Cosmetics Bomshell Bronze Starlet quad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it! It doesn't break me out! I use it very lightly over the IT CC cream. Haven't been able to use powder in years because of irriating ingredients. I'm very happy with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dud. Bomb. Complete waste of money.

I was so excited to purchase this after seeing it on QVC. The way it covered, the flawless finish.......oh, they reeled me in. The coverage is neither full nor buildable. And it settles in every line and pore. Not a good look. I've used BE in the past with far superior results. I would guess you could find a better and far less expensive powder foundation in any drugstore. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really unsure of this when I ordered it. I'd seen the demo, swatched it in Ulta (and although the MA working there told me to buy it in Medium--telling me the back of my hand was the same color as my face--I thought Light was my best bet), and ordered it (in Light). I must've read a million reviews while waiting for it to come, a bit apprehensive that I was going to hate it. Well, I don't hate it. At all. I quite like it, actually. I've used it for only a few days , but so far, so good. I make sure my skin is well-moisturized and protected (I use Paula's Choice Resist line, topped with sunscreen--Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense, SPF 30), use Bye Bye Under Eye, and then let all that set for a few minutes. I then brush the foundation on with a very light hand (using the IT flat-top brush that it comes from QVC with). I swirl the brush lightly in the pan twice, maybe three times. A sweep across my forehead, down my nose, lightly under my eyes, from my nose up to my outer eye, and across my chin, and slightly under my jaw line. Then I buff, ever so lightly, and add just a touch more to the apples of my cheeks to cover a bit more. Any that's left on my brush goes down my neck, just to avoid "makeup-mask." This gives me nice, light coverage that lasts all day.

My skin is good but I do have some wrinkles and a few large-ish pores on my chin. The wrinkles don't collect any excess powder. I might add just a smooch of Bye Bye Pores finishing powder to my chin to smooth out pores, but don't really have to. And voila! Good, good skin.

I've asked my mom, my husband, and my son how my face looks (just in case I'm completely missing it), and all have said my SKIN looks great. Yesterday, my aunt actually told me how young I look (what's not to love about that?), so unless something changes drastically, I think I'll stick with this.

Prior to this I used BeneFit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation in I'm so Money Honey and I did like it and will use the rest of it sometime, but I think IT just might be it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am surprised by how much some people really hate this foundation. We really are all so different, because I quite like it. I've used the original "non-illumination" form of this for quite some time and got this a while back in a "Showstopper" because the price was good and I needed some of the other products in the "deal" anyway. I put this in a drawer and didn't use it for ages but decided to pull it out a few days ago and start using it. Well, to be honest, except for the fact that this comes in a white compact rather than a black one, I cannot see a difference at all between this and the original. I like both products equally well. Both are quick and easy to apply and if they don't give a totally "flawless" finish (unless you glop the stuff one), it is good enough for my needs and for a quick and easy bit of help before I head out to face the world, and it looks natural. My one regret is that neither this nor the original has sunscreen. Other than that, I like this powder foundation quite a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

This product has such a learning curve, after my first use I threw it in the drawer with every intention of never using it again. I purchased the brush that is double ended to apply and put it on in a circular motion. Used the small brush end to touch up problem areas and thought it looked really good until I got in the vehicle and checked the mirror. The product sat in every line and aged me by at least 10 years. Then I was on a mission, I figure a product that feels silky and covers every flaw has to work and by god I was gonna make it work. After many attempts I finally have it down pat. I have a large, flat brush that is a bit stiffer (though still somewhat soft) for applying mineral makeup which works much better for application. I don't apply in circular motion, starting on middle of forehead brushing outward to the sides and up to hairline, once across eyes and down nose, side of nose out to ears, chin once across. Then I take the small end of the It Cosmetics brush and touch up broken cap area. This looks good, covers flaws and doesn't sit in lines, it's bewildering but it works. It takes a bit to get the application down and achieve a nice coverage but worth it in the end.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I want to love It Cosmetics, but this was an epic fail for me. It (no pun intended) literally made the pores on my face look like craters, it also settled into fine lines around my eyes. I typically don't get very oily, but my face looked like someone had slapped me with a pork chop about 2 hours after I applied this! I was disappointed with everything about this, including the coverage which wasn't what I expected...you could still see the redness on my cheeks and around my nose. I wish I could have found the receipt, I would have taken this back in a heartbeat. I will never repurchase and now I'm hesitant about trying anything else from their line. The one good thing about this, the packaging was nice. That's it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Anyaspandas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The only thing I liked about this product is the coverage, I didn't need any primer or concealer with this product. I now only use this product if I'm either on a hurry or I'm going somewhere I don't need much makeup.