Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

4.5

on 5/6/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this product. I use this to fill in my eyebrows when the people who do my eyebrows accidentally take off extra. This really makes eyebrows look full and natural. I already have thick eyebrows, but when parts go missing I have to use this dipbrow which works wonders. Would definitely repurchase. Have not been able to find a dupe that does the same job and lasts through all types of weather. Great product.

on 4/29/2015 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I did like this product but I think you could use a normal brown gel eyeliner and have the same outcome. Which I did! I purchased the Rimmel gel eyeliner in brown and got the exact same results so, I don't think it's worth the money or the hype.

on 4/27/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love most of Anastasia's products but this one is overhyped and overpriced. There are soo many gel brow choices on the market that are very similar. However, you do get a lot of product. The jar will last me years but I would not get this again because I could get something cheaper and probably a better color match.

I purchased this in the chocolate shade since the sales lady convinced me that ebony would be too harsh as my hair was dyed a "chocolate" brown. My hair is mostly dark now but chocolate still works. For my brown girls, chocolate is probably a better option than dark brown since that looks very ashy and ebony maybe too black.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. It's eighteen dollars, but you also have to buy a brush. Dip Brow gives me perfect brows with just a little bit of practice. I admit it's a bit difficult to get the hang of at first, but once you got it, it's perfectly sculpted brows from there on out.

The color "chocolate" is warmer. I'm an NC35 with black hair with strong yellow undertones. I suppose this is the result of being Asian. I didn't want pitch black brows, so I avoided ebony, but chocolate was perfect.

My problem with the product/packaging is that it does dry out. You should store it upside down with the cap as tight as possible. If you happen to forget and it does dry, it can be easily fixed with a drop of oil.

on 1/16/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this color. I'm a nw43 sometimes in the summer I can pass for nc50. This color is really nice. The first few weeks of using this pomade was awesome and gave beautiful results. But after about a month of using this I can tell that it's dying out. I always close the jar tightly. I never leave it open while I'm doing my eyebrows. If it wasn't for that I would've repurchased because it's very long lasting. I'm going to try Mac dipbrow now.

on 1/7/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

What a great product! I don't agree with the bad reviews on this product at all!! I have oily skin and suffer from mild acne but this product just worked wonders with my oily skin and even better than any other products I've used. Having used the Rimmel brow pencil, which I must say served me well, I knew I wanted a product that looked less harsh, created a nice fade and didn't look fake but also filled my brows. Not much hey!! I ordered my DipBrow from Cult Beauty which is UK based (great customer service btw!!)
So on to the product:
1. Price: So I paid 15 for the pomade, but also ordered the Sable Duo Brow Brush at 14. Delivery was 3.95 so I actually paid 32.95. Although the brow brush is amazing, if you want to spend less, you can find brushes and spoolies elsewhere saving on cost. I was happy to pay this price and would again considering how great the product is and how little I had to use.
2.Packaging: The packaging is adorable! A cute little black box with the ABH gold logo.
3.Application: (I applied the product after applying my foundation) So, regarding application I can say one thing helped me apply this so well the first time, this was watching countless YouTube videos on how to do so! Taking my brush all I literally had to do was dab the product into the pomade, hardly leaving a mark and this was enough for my entire brow! I carved out the shape I wanted and brushed out with the spoolie! This step is major to ensure they look blended and natural. The product glided on so easily and it is so easy to shape to my brow. (I have thin eyebrow hair but lots of it if that makes sense). It isn't easy to make mistakes as the brushes are so thin and precise however if you do id suggest blending out with a small amount of concealer. The pigmentation is great and the colour went really nicely with my medium brown skin tone.
4.Lasting power: So I apply around 8 in the morning and I can honestly say at 10pm at night when I get to wash my face it is still perfect. The only issue with it having such high lasting power is actually removing it, however using an oil free eye makeup remover it removes pretty easily.
So all I can say is this is a great product, whether you want a heavy look, a natural look, if you have little hair (tried on my mums faint brows and looked super natural) or lots of hair. 100% recommend it, regardless of skin type. My HG product if you cant already tell!!!:)

on 1/5/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great product as well as a great colour. I was a bit scared to get chocolate at first thinking I don't want anything too dark or overbearing but as you can see in the picture which I've posted it isn't at all. That was my first time using this product and I can't emphasize enough how light handed you need to be with it. I used a cheap angled brush I had which was a little stern not too floppy and light and it applied how I wanted it to :) I was in two minds whether to get the medium brown/chocolate at first but I'm happy I picked this colour. One tip is to blend it quickly because it sets rather fast. Overall great, creamy product which should last a loong time and for 15 (from beautybay) you can't go wrong :)

on 12/21/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

A little of this product goes a long way! Once you master the amount you need it c will give you the perfect, natural looking brows. The only downfall is sometimes it's not quite as dark as I like it and the next shade up is too dark, so I have to add brow gel to it. I would purchase this over and over again. Absolutely great product!

on 12/3/2014 1:16:00 AM

My go-to brow product! I was shy to try this at first because I'd been so accustomed to filling in my brows with powder. But it was cake! Easy to manipulate, stays all day, and can be used for light filling in or to create a bold, sculpted brow. I was quite pleased with the price as well, granted I work at Beauty Brands and got a small discount but I would have gladly paid the full $18. I definitely see myself repurchasing in the future.

on 11/20/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a graduate student who's always on a budget, I tend to not spend big money on expensive high end makeup unless they're worth it. This product is definitely worth it.
I've been using this for 6 months now and I have yet to make a dent in the product.
I can tell it will last me for years. It is the longest lasting eyebrow product I have used so far, and most of the brow products I've used are eyeshadows, drugstore eye pencils, and brow powder.
What that being said, this product is not smudge-proof and water-proof as it claims to be. I have moderately oily skin and I do line my brows with concealer to clean them up and make them last longer. Even so, the tails of my brows are can still be easily smudged away towards the end of the day if I'm not careful with touching my face. I find that retouching my face with loose powder helps the product last longer.

Overall, would buy again unless I find something better later on.

Popular Brows Products