January 28, 2015 | 1305 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this color. I'm a nw43 sometimes in the summer I can pass for nc50. This color is really nice. The first few weeks of using this pomade was awesome and gave beautiful results. But after about a month of using this I can tell that it's dying out. I always close the jar tightly. I never leave it open while I'm doing my eyebrows. If it wasn't for that I would've repurchased because it's very long lasting. I'm going to try Mac dipbrow now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 3:43:00 PM More reviews by jrai12

What a great product! I don't agree with the bad reviews on this product at all!! I have oily skin and suffer from mild acne but this product just worked wonders with my oily skin and even better than any other products I've used. Having used the Rimmel brow pencil, which I must say served me well, I knew I wanted a product that looked less harsh, created a nice fade and didn't look fake but also filled my brows. Not much hey!! I ordered my DipBrow from Cult Beauty which is UK based (great customer service btw!!)
So on to the product:
1. Price: So I paid 15 for the pomade, but also ordered the Sable Duo Brow Brush at 14. Delivery was 3.95 so I actually paid 32.95. Although the brow brush is amazing, if you want to spend less, you can find brushes and spoolies elsewhere saving on cost. I was happy to pay this price and would again considering how great the product is and how little I had to use.
2.Packaging: The packaging is adorable! A cute little black box with the ABH gold logo.
3.Application: (I applied the product after applying my foundation) So, regarding application I can say one thing helped me apply this so well the first time, this was watching countless YouTube videos on how to do so! Taking my brush all I literally had to do was dab the product into the pomade, hardly leaving a mark and this was enough for my entire brow! I carved out the shape I wanted and brushed out with the spoolie! This step is major to ensure they look blended and natural. The product glided on so easily and it is so easy to shape to my brow. (I have thin eyebrow hair but lots of it if that makes sense). It isn't easy to make mistakes as the brushes are so thin and precise however if you do id suggest blending out with a small amount of concealer. The pigmentation is great and the colour went really nicely with my medium brown skin tone.
4.Lasting power: So I apply around 8 in the morning and I can honestly say at 10pm at night when I get to wash my face it is still perfect. The only issue with it having such high lasting power is actually removing it, however using an oil free eye makeup remover it removes pretty easily.
So all I can say is this is a great product, whether you want a heavy look, a natural look, if you have little hair (tried on my mums faint brows and looked super natural) or lots of hair. 100% recommend it, regardless of skin type. My HG product if you cant already tell!!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Alishai66

This is a great product as well as a great colour. I was a bit scared to get chocolate at first thinking I don't want anything too dark or overbearing but as you can see in the picture which I've posted it isn't at all. That was my first time using this product and I can't emphasize enough how light handed you need to be with it. I used a cheap angled brush I had which was a little stern not too floppy and light and it applied how I wanted it to :) I was in two minds whether to get the medium brown/chocolate at first but I'm happy I picked this colour. One tip is to blend it quickly because it sets rather fast. Overall great, creamy product which should last a loong time and for 15 (from beautybay) you can't go wrong :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by FacesbySheriD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A little of this product goes a long way! Once you master the amount you need it c will give you the perfect, natural looking brows. The only downfall is sometimes it's not quite as dark as I like it and the next shade up is too dark, so I have to add brow gel to it. I would purchase this over and over again. Absolutely great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by cfcupcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My go-to brow product! I was shy to try this at first because I'd been so accustomed to filling in my brows with powder. But it was cake! Easy to manipulate, stays all day, and can be used for light filling in or to create a bold, sculpted brow. I was quite pleased with the price as well, granted I work at Beauty Brands and got a small discount but I would have gladly paid the full $18. I definitely see myself repurchasing in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by chaovivi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As a graduate student who's always on a budget, I tend to not spend big money on expensive high end makeup unless they're worth it. This product is definitely worth it.
I've been using this for 6 months now and I have yet to make a dent in the product.
I can tell it will last me for years. It is the longest lasting eyebrow product I have used so far, and most of the brow products I've used are eyeshadows, drugstore eye pencils, and brow powder.
What that being said, this product is not smudge-proof and water-proof as it claims to be. I have moderately oily skin and I do line my brows with concealer to clean them up and make them last longer. Even so, the tails of my brows are can still be easily smudged away towards the end of the day if I'm not careful with touching my face. I find that retouching my face with loose powder helps the product last longer.

Overall, would buy again unless I find something better later on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy eyebrows, this stuff is a God sent I swear. First off let me say I'm an oliy girl, my face gets slippery fast, but this stuff grips each hair and all the skin around it with no problems of separting or slipping off. I've never had an eyebrow thats stayed on for more then 3 hours let alone a 9 hour day. Stays on from morning well into the evening with no issues.

Lets talk colour! I have medium brown hair with hints of some red and light brown in it (naturally) so i look for a brown that has some warmth to it but I wouldnt ever go so far as to look for a red undertone. All the colours in the pods looked so dead and ashy to me that chocolate was the only colour I felt some what safe with walking out Sephora with. I've been using the two eyebrow pencils from MAC in the colours Brunette, they have no staying power what so ever so they werent exactly ideal for my skin type but they were the only ones i could find that had a nice warmth to them without the redness in them and let me just say these two colours are IDENTICAL. They're the exactly same!! I did one brow with my MAC pencils and one with my Dipbrow and I honestly couldnt find a single difference in colour.

Brushes!! Ok I have to say im not a fan of the brush they want you to buy with it, i like a clean crisp brow and the soft-medium Anastasia brush wasnt cutting it for me. I actually asked the girl at Sephora what brush she would recommend has a nice thick texture to it (without being rock hard) and she suggested the Sephora brand PRO Brow in #20. This is my HG eyebrow brush, its amazing compared to any other brush ive ever tried. It also comes with this nice little plastic case that snaps on to the end which is perfect for girls like me who like to grab there brushes and throw them in there purses without thinking "hey there might be product rubbing all over my purse" oops.

Overview: Love the colour, a nice rich warm brown, used with a light hand can make nice light brows all the way to dark sexy brows. The price is amazing $23.00 Canadian, the amount of product you need for both brows is seriously two dips into the pod, i havent even made a dent in mine and ive had it for around 2 weeks now. Staying power is shocking, super creamy, everything you could want in one little pod. If you havent given it a shot i suggest heading into your local Sephora or ordering it off the website, you wont be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by miellen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

ERMERGERD this stuff is amazing. Dipbrow has ignited an eyebrow obsession within me. I bought the chocolate because I have warm brown hair with blonde highlights; the Chocolate has a warmer undertone. Next time I might try the medium brown which looks a little bit ashier.

I used a very thin angle brush for application, like the kind that you use for gel eyeliner. The finer the better, because it will give you cleaner ends on your brows. As I saw Anastasia do in a video, I take a bit of Dipbrow and "mash it" onto the container lid to blend it into the brush. The brush should not go directly on your brows after dipping! It will look too permanent marker-y because the formula is not that different from a gel liner. Unless you're trying to achieve a specific look, of course. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by oliveyou21

I love this stuff! I will never use another eyebrow product again!

I used to use pencil eyeliners. But i would always find my brows getting smudgy in the afternoon. The Dipbrow pomade lasts literally until you take it off. The first day I wore it, I got compliments about my brows being "on point" ;)

The texture is smooth and creamy. I put a little bit on the Anastasia brush and "flatten" it on a little piece of toilet paper before applying so I get the smoothest application/straight line. Although it has taken me practice to learn...you really do not need a bunch of this product. Less is more :)

It did take me practice to get the shape down as well. When I first started wearing it I was putting on way too much, and I had the "square" corners. What I do now is line my brows on each side, fill them in lightly, and use the spoolie on the back end of my brush to bring the product out to the ends of my brows.

This is definitely worth the money. I will buy again and again. Thank you Anastasia for such an awesome eyebrow pomade :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by KashKardashh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love This Product , I Love The Ways It Glides On With Ease. Little Goes A Long Way. Luckily I Had Watched Dozens Of Youtube Vids On It Before I Purchased. I Recommend That