Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most perfect brow product i've ever used!

Pros
- Looks beautiful and can be applied for heavy defined brows or natural looking filled in brows
- Lasts all day and night
- Never smudges
- Waterproof
- Can be applied on to skin not just hair (this is a massive plus for people with really sparse brows)
- The pot lasts forever
- Reasonably priced

Cons
- Can dry out fairly quickly but the best way to get around this is to get a little product out with the end of your brush, put it onto the top of your hand and then dab the brush into it on your hand as you go. This way you can keep the lid on the product the entire time that you are using it rather than leaving it to dry out while you do your brows as to get them perfect it can be a fairly lengthy process!
- Not a speedy application - may take some people a few tries to get it how they want it and it takes longer than a pencil to get a full brow.

Tip - buy the particular brush that is recommended for it, it works far better than any others. Use a little at a time and add more as you go, don't start with loads!

When it comes to my eyebrows, I'm quite a minimalist, and doing the whole carving out the brow + using more than two products + setting it all with gel is just too much...I always felt I should avoid this product because it usually seemed like such a hassle, but it depends on your technique. You can get a really intense "Instagram" brow with this as most of us know but it is possible to get a really natural brow look as well.

My brows are thick, but they have a skinny shape, if that makes sense. They're a bit uneven, and until now I preferred using brow powder to fill them in, but with my oily skin combined with the natural oils of my hair resting around the sides of my face, the tails of my brows would always disappear, and it sucked. The Dipbrow Pomade is bulletproof, lasts all day, and does not come off under any circumstances without makeup remover, which I adore.

As I was saying earlier, it is possible to achieve a natural look with this product, so don't be intimidated by how pigmented it is. Just use a very thin angled eyeliner brush (I use the Sonia Kashuk one) and do light strokes, avoiding filling in the gaps between hairs completely. I'm very pleased with finally making this purchase after procrastinating on it for so long.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Listen. I have been doing my brows for a long time but never was able to properly master filling them in and I tried everything ... shadow, pencil, whatever and I did alright but was never consistent until about 2 years ago (sad, I know). I usually would just get them shaped and leave them looking faint and sparse. I was a little hesitant to try/buy the Dipbrow because when you watch all these Youtube tutorials you always see women with ALREADY gorgeous brows using it. I wondered, does this product help women with already great brows just have even better brows or is this for me? Someone who has really sparse brows with not the greatest natural shape? I asked some friends that use it and their before pics SHOCKED me. I couldn't believe they had brows like mine under the product. I was SOLD.

Previous to Dipbrow I had tried Too Faced's Brow Envy and that was a BIG fail. Then I tried using a Maybelline pencil - not too bad but very "fake looking" and after that Benefit's Browzings. I won't say that Browzings is a BAD product on it's own - I used it faithfully for months before this - but now after using ABH Dipbrow if I were to compare the two, Dipbrow is MUCH better. First of all, the Browzings only come in Light, Medium and Dark. That right there was the main problem.

There are SO many shades (I think 12?) for Dipbrow. I was torn between the Chocolate and Dark Brown. There isnt a major difference to me between the two other than Dark Brown being a tad darker. I went with Chocolate because I felt it was best to go lighter and build up the colour, rather than go darker and be forced to have a super light hand if I wanted lighter colour. For someone like myself who tends to be heavy handed this was important. I'm glad I went with Chocolate because it is PERFECT for me. I find my brows look extremely natural. I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner only because it can be a bit intimidating but if you have even the slightest experience with filling your brows you should be good after a couple tries.

I use this with the ABH #7 brush with a spooly on the other end. I wanted the #12 and picked up the #7 by accident but I'm glad I did simply because I like a smaller brush as I have better control over it. They're basically the exact same except one is smaller. The angled brush is perfect for straight and precise lines and the spooly is great at blending the product. You don't have to use this brush but I highly recommend you do since it was made specifically for the dipbrow.

You only need a little bit of product and I use the back of my hand to make sure I don't use too much and waste a lot. This stuff STAYS PUT, I have to SCRUB my hand afterwards to get the excess product off. You can easily go overboard with this so please use a light hand when applying. I have oily skin and this doesn't slide around or anything. I'll be ready to take my make up off at night, and my brows are still looking top notch. I should note: I don't use a pencil to start or a gel to set. JUST the dipbrow and its enough.

This will last you a long time because, as previously mentioned, you only need a little product. So for $23CAD I think it's worth it. I can see this lasting me months so while initially you might think its a lot for a small pot, it's actually a great value when you realize how long it will last you. The packaging is cute and for such a small pot there really is quite a lot of pomade in there. I am a little concerned with the pot being glass as I have a tendency to drop and break things but I'll just have to be more careful.

I love love love this product. I can't say enough good things about it.

Love love love this stuff. If you use it with a light hand it will last you forever and ever and ever and even if you don't it will still last you quite awhile. I like the color selection especially since they added "Granite" which is a cool toned almost black shade, I walked away from it for awhile because I was trying other brow products and when I ran out of those I came back and was so sorry I left. The day I came back was the best my brows had looked it months. One complaint is the packaging, I feel that the jar is unnecessarily thick (weird complaint I know) as well as glass (which is bad for me personally because I drop everything). Additionally I feel like it doesn't keep enough moisture in because occasionally I have to re hydrate the product either with and oil or with eye drops. I don't find it to be waterproof or smudge proof though, let that be known. After many many (let's say like 12-15) I start to see the edges wearing a little bit but I have found two ways to alleviate this problem: Outline with a brow pencil (ABH Brow Wiz in my case) or use a layer of ABH Beauty Genius (but that's a whole other can of worms y'all).

All in all a great product that will have your brows looking fantastic. Best in the market IMO.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing formula! It stays, won't move, looks natural and colors are gorgeous!
The reason i can now put my best brow forward!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I am quite sad to not love this product as much as I'd prefer. The color is a good match to my dark brown hair and does not look like it's too harsh of a color. However, I don't know if I love this product as much as a brow wiz type formulation or even just powder.

When it's brand new, I think this stuff is amazing. You will have a longer lasting brow with this kind of pomade vs. something that doesn't set all the way and can help to mimic the look of individual hairs if needed- something that powders cannot do, and yet it can still be blended out to fill in bald spots of the brow.

First of all, one of the largest cons to this product is keeping it fresh. I think my dipbrow is a bit dry at this point (and it isn't all that old) but I will try to keep using it until it's totally unusable. The problem may stem from the formula, but I think it is always hard to keep potted cream based products smooth and creamy because they eventually dry out with the consumer always opening the product and the air exposing the entire surface. However, I also noticed that the top layer seems to be a lot creamier than the rest of the pot inside- I noticed this because I always start dip my brush in the same exact spot, and leave the rest of the top untouched (does that even make sense? Essentially I mean to say that I don't use up the entire top layer first and move evenly through the layer, instead I stick to a certain hole and make that deeper before moving over). I also make sure to not leave the cap off longer than to load the brush and have always stored the jar upside down. Anyways, the problem I noticed is that the product doesn't pick up nicely onto the brush anymore- it has some crumbly bits and is firmer to the touch. I am using the Anastasia brush #18 I think, as it is designed to go well with this product. The brush is a great tool btw, I love the brush... hahah. However, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone just starting with makeup, as it does take more patience and a small learning curve.

Aside from that fact, the dipbrow does make for a pretty carved out, "on fleek" Instagram brow. It can potentially look too harsh, so I do use caution to not get too carried away, and does seem to take more effort to apply nicely and evenly vs. a powdered shadow for brows. This stuff is not for the lazy, on the go brow!

This product is giving me life. I love this product so much, I CAN'T EVEN. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way so it is very much worth the price. I've had mine for about 6 months and I've used it everyday since I bought it and I haven't hit pan yet. It does not budge or fade all day. The tails of my brows are too short for my liking, so when I fill in my brows I like to extend them and my problem with other brow products is that the tails of my brows fades through out the day (even when I set it w/ powder or gel) and it looks ridiculous. I don't experience this problem with my dipbrow. The texture is perfect. Creamy (but not too creamy) so it tames the brow hairs, although the texture changes after time. It says that the best-before date of the product is 6 months after you first open it and I can vouch for that, but you can add a drop of baby oil to dilute and it'll be as good as new.

I opened this product at Ulta and you know what it smelled like? Poop! Disgusting. Whatever ingredient they are using in this is foul!

I'm actually quite new to the whole "eyebrow" world, and absolutely love this product. To be honest, any eyebrow brush has the same effect. This product it smooth/gel-like enough to remove any mistakes, but durable and strong to last all day. There isn't a long day that goes by where I have to redo them, and if one eyebrow seems too thick/full than the other, it's insanely easy to fix it quickly. I would recommend this to beginners/pros. So worth $23.00

I was surprised with the weight and the amount of the product inside. That being said its a brilliant eyebrow product by far. In the scorching heat of Dubai only this stays on my face while all the makeup melts away. Well strong eyebrows power!!!

Popular Brows Products