October 21, 2014 | 1248 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Street Chic Lip Palette Bracelets

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2005 11:45:00 AM More reviews by lucidbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a novelty item. I finally found the unopened box tucked in the back of my drawer. I had bought duty free while on a previous trip.
I wear it as a bracelet when I need to go out for coffee, supper with no baggage. Howver, the compact hangs down cumbersomely .. I think they should have put the compact on the band i/o of having it hang down heavily.
The colours are neutral, light but has enough shimmer/shine for a neutral look for my pale NC25 complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift and love it only for its fashionable appearance. The colors are too sheer for me (pink and mauve lipstick). Overall, it is pricey but obly worth it for aesthetic value.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2003 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Baby_Yousei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

cute packaging, I really wanted to wear it as a bracelet though, I've clipped it on my bag/belt a few times and I just feel like I'm going to damage it, so I stopped using it, the gloss inside wasn't too great either, too sheer for me. I ended up swapping it away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2003 1:33:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

This is totally kitch and cute - I use it as a bracelet or looped onto my jeans. The concept is really great, but I didn't like the actual lipsticks instead. Nice colors, but they were a bit dry. I would have much preferred glosses!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2003 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jewelrylover46

**This is a novelty item, a great little treat to yourself for the holiday season.**

With that in mind, I think this is the cutest lil holiday item from the 2002 season. It is *not* a bracelet - there is no way to feasibly wear this as a bracelet. It is an accessory to wear off your belt loop or some other strap, like on your purse. It's a cute way to carry around your lipstick & show off your expensive taste without totally blowing your budget. (At $39.50, it's a helluva lot cheaper than buying a Dior handbag!) The lipstick formula is very similar to Dior Addict lipstick - this may just be a pot version of that great lipstick formula. There are two color options - Midtown (reds) & Uptown (neutrals).

If you bought the saddlebag lipgloss palette during the 2001 holiday season & liked it, check out this new offering! (Personally, I like the color choices better this year, & the fact that it's black & silvertone instead of the garish goldtone saddlebag version.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2002 3:01:00 PM More reviews by D-Girl

I seem to be in the minority here, but I really liked this bracelet. I liked the style, the design, and the materials used. I agree that the lipgloss amounts are minimal, but I never use up lipstick anyway. Plus, I was planning on refilling it with my own colors anyway (none of the colors offered really impressed me) so I'm glad there is not too much to have to use up. I think it was a cute idea and was pretty impressed with the execution.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2002 4:01:00 AM More reviews by dana

I would give this negative lipsticks if I could. Who at Dior approved this for mass distribution? Why make the gloss thing hang down instead of affixed to the body of the bracelet? they say all questions are answered in death. Well, I am writing this one down in my notebook of things to ask god. I couldn't believe what a waste this product was. I love dior too. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2002 10:15:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Why, oh why, did I not listen to the wise MUAers? While I love the lighter of the 2 colors in the red palette, this thing is tiny, awkward, and useless (unless you're really a fashionista and would love the logo). Back to Sephora it goes tomorrow!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2002 1:56:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I made sure I saw this before I bought it and I'm glad it did. The bracelet itself is very cute but the amount you get inside doesn't warrant the almost $40 price tag. If your thinking of buying this make sure you check it out first otherwise you'll probably be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2002 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: the portion that the palette resides in is heavy, well-constructed; CONS: very expensive, very little lip product, band that it comes on looks like some kind of cheap cotton blend weave with grommets through it; COMMENTS: there are snap fasterners so that you can attach this to your belt or bag; don't recommend this as a bracelet; comes with small lip brush