September 30, 2014 | 1587 users online

Sunscreen - Dermalogica - Solar Defense Booster SPF50

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

3.5 lipsticks but no half a lippy allocation so only 3 I'm afraid.

My beautitian suggested I use this and gave me a week's worth of samples. Very helpful, basically she knew I would go no where near this as it would be a damn expensive fail, so stocked me up.

Well in that week it hadn't caused any break outs, irritation nor produce an oil slick on my face. AND it didn't leave a death mask like others (LRP, Avene I'm looking at you), so I thought I like it.

Anyway I thought I have a fair amount of my cheaper brand that doesn't tick all the boxes, I will use this up and convince myself to spend above my beauty budget and buy this. Didn't happen, I went and bought this for the main reason of laziness. I do not have to wear make up, yea! (I love makeup but my love of sleep is greater).

So now still using and it is great, it mixes with creams well and no adverse reactions with my mild bha/aha treatments. However this is February, in London UK, so I don't know how my skin will react with actual sun. Lol.

The main thing is that my dark marks from healed spots have started to fade a lot quicker. Which I think is happening due to adequate protection from UV rays...what was I using before?

Gotta look at the point that this is a chemical SPF, which I really don't want to look at closely, nano's and stuff. This plus the fact it is expensive is why I give it 3.5.
(I withold the right to change my rating once there is sun in England or when I go on holiday)

Anyway, until I find something else better I will have to bite the bullet.