Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Warm Nude

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The formula of these baked shadows is nothing impressive, and many of the shades are similar. The foam applicator isn't very good, and the bottom-most shade isn't pigmented enough to be a liner, as advertised.

Still, I like this palette because it does give me easy, natural (on my warm skin tone) looks, and I find myself reaching for this often when I need something quick for work or everyday use. Since the applicator is useless for the lid, I usually just use my finger for a wash of colour. The mediocre pigmentation actually works well here, as it keeps it true to the 'nude' product name.

The nine shades are: a frosty white that works well for the inner corner; a slightly less frosty light pink; two shimmery light beige-champagne-taupes; a gold; two medium warm browns; one deeper warm brown; and then a poorly-pigmented 'dark' brown with sparkles.

Physicians Formula is often discounted significantly at drugstores, so while the retail price is too high, it's pretty affordable during the frequent sales.

on 10/24/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've never been a big fan of PF's eyeshadows. I saw Musings of a Muse's swatches of this and I just couldn't resist, it looked so warm and shimmery and glowy! I tell ya, I don't even use this on my eyes! I love swirling a blush brush in the whole pan and applying it to my cheeks. Then I take a smaller brush and go over the top row with the lightest colors and use that as a highlighter on top of the cheekbones. I've been wearing it like this for about a week straight. (Unheard of, for me.) I would normally think that a PF shimmer strips product would be way too shimmery and glittery to use all over the face like that, but it is surprisingly subtle. It leaves a very satiny finish on the cheeks. (If you only like matte blushes, I'd steer away from this.) It reminds me a lot of MAC's mineralize skin finishes or perhaps even a mineralize blush. I'm in love with the bronzey color it gives me, it looks awesome with a smokey eye. I only give it four lippies because it really isn't good as the multi-purpose products it is marketed as. But it looks awesome on the cheeks! I've been lusting after that new Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow highlighter, and this is a nice cheapo substitute! Cheaper than Bobbi Brown, at any rate. :)

I brought this a few months ago and I realized that this is very similar to the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer Blush & Eye Shadow in Waikiki Strip which came out 5 years ago. So I found it in my old make up stash and compared the two together. You can see a demo and swatches of both of them in my video. I think this one in warm nude has a better formula because the powder is much softer and my brush picks up more product. You can use this as an eyeliner as advertised but I do not because I like a more defined line. I used this as a highlighter, blush, and bronzer. It is very shimmery and it gives my skin a peachy glow. The shimmer in here is very fine and not glittery. It cost about $16 at CVS.

on 4/7/2014 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a three-in-one product (Eyeshadow, highlighter, and eyeliner) with nine small shadows in a square compact. The compact is beyond cute. I never had too many problems with PF products in the past so I was happy to try this. It features a front and back that opens like a book. The back end has a mirror with a eyeshadow applicator and a blush brush. There are instructions on the back as well on how to create different looks with the palette. So far I am having fun experimenting with this. Some shades are too light for my skin tone while others are perfect shades. Most help to open up the eye area and give luminescence to the skin. You definitely need a primer, but all of them apply smoothly and don't crease too much and I hanve very oily lids. This was pretty pricey for drugstore makeup as well. Thank goodess for coupons.

on 2/25/2014 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product is crap. There's hardly any pigmentation, even with a primer. Also, it does not blend well. I wish I'd never bought this. I've learned my lesson - just get high end shadow (like Urban Decay) because it's well worth the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials