Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover

4.6

on 8/1/2015 4:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am so impressed with the Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover. It's definitely a unique, lesser known method of removing facial hair. It'll be a little tough to explain-- the inner part of the arc (Tweezerman logo facing toward you) is meant to be placed onto facial hairs you want to remove, while you continue to twist the metal nobs (both at once) in the direction of the arrows. This causes the springs within the arc to close into the hairs, pulling them out. It seems similar to threading in a way. I use this primarily on my upper lip. When using on the upper lip, it's best to keep skin taut, the same way you would when getting threaded. I sometimes use this on the lighter hairs on my chin and jaw too (peach fuzz), and it has worked so well for that. I would suggest getting facial hair removed through your preferred method first (I prefer threading), and then using the Tweezerman tool when there is some hair growth but not so much that it's back to its usual state. Then from then on, use this gem whenever new little hairs grow in and you will be, *gasp*, hair free! As in, all the time! I was SO tired of having to go to the threading salon to get my upper lip threaded-- and of course, I'd only go when the hairs had grown in and were unsightly, at least to me. This little tool has been amazing for me... now I can just use it whenever little hairs grow in so that I don't need to have the dreaded "female 'stache." It is so nice to know there is an effective facial hair remover out there, because for my preferences, most of what's available at drugstores (depilatory creams, waxes) is not for me. Yay for this little gem! I recommend this to anyone looking for an alternative to traditional facial hair removal methods that are either too ineffective, too messy, too much of a hassle, etc. This is absolutely HG material for me.

on 3/22/2015 4:07:00 PM

I've had upper lip and chin hair for as long as I can remember. After having some threading done that also got rid of cheek peach fuzz, I loved the effect but hated that it grew back so fast. After some research, found this little number. Awesome. I can whip it out for a little touch up whenever I want to keep my entire face pretty fuzz free. It isn't as effective as a professional thread job but after a little practice you can definitely reduce facial fuzz. Highly recommend.

on 8/10/2014 11:14:00 AM

For several years I have been getting my lip waxed about 2 times a month to combat my quickly-growing, dark hair. Lip waxing usually costs me $5-7 dollars depending on where i go, so thats $10-14 a month. This product was $20 (a great value considering it also came with tweezers)! It is still painful in my opinion, but not as much as waxing. I have used it a few times now and it has become less painful. It does not get every little hair out, so i have been using nair as well (the two products combined work wonderfully).

This product is a much better version of an older one my mom has. The natural curved shape and rotating parts make it much easier to operate.

To use: Hold it with the side labled Tweezerman facing you, and turn the silver rotating pieces in the direction that the arrow on them points. Working in several directions/angles will help to get all of the hair out.

on 4/6/2014 5:30:00 PM

I have been desperate to control this fuzz that is overrunning my face and neck! Waxing, depilatory creams, sugaring and threading irritated my skin - and plucking would have taken me the rest of my life. I found the Tweezerman hair remover tool at Walgreen's, and it's the ideal solution for me. It's small, inexpensive, portable, easy to use, easy to clean and IT WORKS! My face has never felt better and less irritated after hair removal. It catches the smallest hairs, and touch-ups are a breeze. I love this tool and only marked it down on packaging because it gave minimal/confusing instruction on its use.

HOW TO USE:
Hold the tool with the Tweezerman logo toward your face. Don't press too hard against your skin. Roll the silver parts gently FORWARD AND BACKWARD between your fingers - it pulls much less this way, and is nearly painless even around the lips. Apply a soothing cream or gel after using this tool, as you would after any other hair removal technique.

on 2/23/2014 1:19:00 PM

Adding 3/5/14: I LOVE THIS THING. It's changed my life. I can use it just watching TV with an occasional glance in a mirror. It totally works, and hurts less than individuaI hair plucking. I've been pretreating my upper lip with Gigi's Anesthetic Numbing Spray, and will try Orajel next (cheaper, easier); this helps a lot as my upper lip is terribly sensitive to pain.

I finally bought one of these things! The original version has been available online for a few years but I never caved. Tweezerman created one that I saw it at Ulta ($20); using their $3.50 off $10.00 coupon I bought it. I knew the basic technique from watching the You Tube videos for the original product so I sat at my vanity and went at it. You hold the spring against your skin and twist the ends with your fingertips; as you twist the ends the spring spirals and pulls out hairs. Ahhh, this version is a bit different! Rather than having to bend the spring into a "U" shape and twist the handles, Tweezerman has formed theirs into a permanent "U" shape and has little metal tubes at the ends of the spring that one turns, not the plastic handles themselves. With a little practice I picked it up and the hairs went flying! This hair removal technique is akin to threading, but it doesn't remove the hairs in a neat row as threading does. Still, it's better for me than trying to tweeze all the hairs on my half-century old face: Those once-baby hairs are turning black and coarse or even wirey WHITE! I use an epilator on my arms, but it doesn't seem to get the majority of the hair on my face. This works. My upper lip is excruciatingly sensitive and tweezing is slow torture (and I always end up sneezing and tearing, which then either prolongs the process or stops it completely because I can't go on); this tool pulls out more hairs at once and it's just a quicker, less painful ordeal. I make sure my skin is moisturized well for a few hours ahead of time (so the pores aren't dry and tight) but that my face is clean and oil-free before I begin. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this on my neck and jaw . . . but I love it. Easy to carry with you and super for travel. OH, and it comes with a small Tweezerman tweezers! Cleans with rubbing alcohol. And it comes in PINK!!! Everything is better in pink!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools