October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Colored Clay Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by makingup1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would first like to say that I have recently returned to make up and in trying to find my HG foundation, I have a small graveyard of "not quite" foundations due to color, staying power, or breaking me out.

I bought this from the QVC deal and wasn't expecting much. I am light skinned, yet I got this in fair because I wanted to CC primer in fair, so I wasn't expecting to use this for much more than a highlighter, especially after my previous failures. I was very wrong as the color was perfect!

I love this foundation overall and it is very versatile. I can put it on with a damp beauty blender for a buildable coverage, or just use a flat brush if I want to focus on specific areas. You don't really need that much product either! It recommends that you shake the product well, so I do so every time. I believe it is a water based foundation though, so it doesn't look as good if I use it with my favorite primer, but it looks perfect with a water based primer (I use one from rimmel, so nothing fancy)

The packaging is a flat cylinder, very sturdy. Inside there is a mesh covering over a hole where the liquid is stored (I assume this is to control the amount of product). If I dip my brush/blender in the mesh, I tend to get the rest of the opening messy where it will dry up, so what I usually end up doing is just dipping it into the lid, which works perfectly fine. the bottom is made of glass, but it is sort of translucent so it is difficult to see through.

Overall positives: great color, what I needed for coverage, didn't break me out, sturdy packaging, light feel on my face, no sparkles/obvious shine

Overall negatives: slightly messy inside the lid, can't really tell how much product is left, have to avoid using my silicone-based primers, need to shake before use (not really a negative, haha, but it adds a step!), pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my word!!!! I have found my new HG foundation. I have been searching and searching for so long. I have been wearing the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation and it honestly has been great, but it wasn't HG for me because due to the limited color selection it wasn't a great color match. I happen to love Tarte and their message of natural beauty and using better ingredients in the products. I have many of their products and love them! I recently tried the Amazonian Clay Foundation and it wasn't great for me. I think it's a great foundation, if you are looking for a truly matte foundation. I found, in my searching that even though I'm oily, I don't like the matte look on my face. It's too dull and brings out my flaws on me. I have been searching for that natural skin finish....and this is it!!! This foundation is a very thin liquid, but don't let that scare you! It apply effortlessly, evenly and you need very little. It is full coverage, which I love, but you can also sheer this out easily. It feels very nice going on the skin, and sets to a very nice satin/real skin looking finish. I don't even need to set this with a powder, which is a big deal because I usually have to set with a matte powder. I am crossing my fingers that Tarte will roll this out soon on its own. Right now it can only be purchased from qvc in a kit, which is totally worth it by the way! Excellent value and I loved all the products it came with! So glad I took the plunge on this foundation! It is perfect!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation in a kit from QVC. When I first tried this foundation I applied it with the brush that came along in the kit. I instantly hated the outcome! it was very sheer, gave me dry patches, it was streaky and not buildable at all. I went on Youtube too see how others felt about it and how they applied it. I was given the idea to try it with a damp beauty blender. I must say, It is a completely diffrent product when used with a BB!! I made my skin look amazing! flawless! nicely hydrated and a full coverage!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by slicciar

Beautiful packaging. I have not had any issues with it. I actually prefer it with the brush applicator, though I do not travel with it. After applying a light layer of the Tarte CC Primer, this literally glides evenly on my face without much effort. I have received many compliments on how fresh my face looks. I need Tarte to come out with this separately from the QVC special. ASAP !

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this as part of a QVC TSV in the shade medium. This is unlike any liquid foundation I have had before. The foundation comes in a container with a clear cover over the liquid. Kinda weird. You have to be careful or it will leak if turned too sharply. This foundation reminds me of the Amazonian cream foundation, but I feel this has a little less coverage. I think this will work well in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by msimmons0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the Tarte colored clay liquid foundation in a QVC special. I am new to Tarte products and had just recently started using their amazonian clay 12 hour foundation...needless to say I was impressed and the deal for the new kit with other Tarte products to try was just too tempting to pass up.
This liquid foundation is really interesting, it is FULL coverage but very light and I believe it is water based. It looks like skin...not shiny, not matte, just very pretty like fresh washed skin. What impressed me beyond the feel of this foundation was the way it covered just about every bit of redness and a blemish and I used ZERO concealer for the first time in over a decade (hello?! How awesome is that?) It came with a great little brush to apply it with and I love the brush too. It feels wet going on...it IS a liquid but I like that feeling so it was very enjoyable to apply. I also applied this foundation much faster than I do others because of the brush...very impressed.
Tarte has beautiful packaging when it comes to their makeup products unfortunately for this foundation that packaging may be the one thing I am on the line about. Oh it looks cute, it's a pretty container, but functional it is NOT. it is a bit messy and I personally wouldn't travel with this because of the mess factor. However that's not a deal breaker for me, I would simply just use the other Tarte foundation I have when I travel, no biggy. Another thing about Tarte products I like it you get a lot of product for the $.

A little background on me, I was a Trish McEvoy makeup girl EXCLUSIVELY for the past 11 years. I am a brand loyalist usually but given the prices of her products keep going up but the quality remains the same I went looking for a better value. What I have found in Tarte foundations is great quality, better for your skin ingredients and looks amazing. I know not everyone will agree but for myself this is my new favorite must have brand for makeup.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No