July 31, 2014 | 1016 users online

Shampoo - Living Proof - Perfect hair day

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love to spend on hair products and i m person that never buy drugstore brands but only salon. Over the years i have tried nearly all of them including very $$ ones. Also i have been using for long period Kerastase , Pureology , Redken but didn't find any HG . My last try was Moroccan oil S & C it was better than the others but still not great. My hair is fine , wavy and VERY dry. I constantly abuse with bleach , highlights and colours. I also suffer split ends and my worst nightmare is the amount of frizz my hair have. And to add to all the abuse i do to my hair i live in area with VERY hard water ( i do use 1 x 10 days Joico clarifying shampoo for that which is life saver for me )
Right after trying so many brands and types ( for damaged hair / for dry hair / coloured hair / fine hair ) all i wanted or my hair needed was moisture. Proteins don't do much for my hair but i still use ones every two weeks just to make sure i add some protein as i constantly use bleach on my hair.
After all this search the only product that is kind of doing the job is Joico Moisture ( blue packaging ) but because i always like to try new staff and keep buying and buying i also bought the Living Proof PHD shampoo and conditioner. And trust me was hard and to have it. I had to wait a month before US seller listed on eBay with international shipping and despite that was charging nearly same amount to ship to UK out of curiosity and after all the reading about it i bought it.

HONESTLY ???? What is all this about ??? I m using the shampoo and conditioner for a month now and the ONLY thing i like about it is the smell !!!! The worst part is that is making my hair dryer and dryer every time i use it.
I think ... If you have perfectly healthy hair , none issues with it , you will probably like this but then are you gonna pay the amount for shampoo & conditioner that do nothing but smell nice ?
This was my experience and opinion about PHD . End of story.

PS BTW i also use the PHD leave in treatment and if i have it for free next time i will use it ..but won't pay again for it. Didn't see any difference in my hair wotsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

This shampoo(as well as the conditioner and styling treatment) are truly amazing. PHD is my HG line for sure. Together these three products have made my hair soft, silky, bouncy, and fuller looking. It just improves my hair overall and makes it look and feel healthy. But about the shampoo in particular: this is a sulfate(and silicone) free shampoo. I have dry, heat damaged hair so I am always looking for a shampoo that will be super gentle and moisturizing. Out of the bottle, the product is thick creamy and whitish in colour. I find the smell herbal yet feminine, and very pleasant. This stuff lathers beautifully with only a small amount of product, cleans it well, and yet doesn't strip it at all. In fact it actually conditions my hair; it smooths hair and helps remove tangles instead of creating them. Usually after I shampoo, my hair feels tangled and dry, like it is begging for conditioner. It doesn't feel stripped like that after using this product. Of course I still wouldn't dream of skipping conditioning, but I wouldn't no matter how moisturizing my shampoo was. All in all, it is a real pleasure to use, it feels so luxurious. And the result is wonderful silky healthy hair as I said above, although I have only used it with the conditioner of the same line, so I cannot say to what degree the results are due to the shampoo. But I know for sure that this duo cleanses well, moisturizes well, and is so lightweight it really gives my hair body. Well done Living Proof!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dyanp989

Week 1 review.

I fell in love with the perfect hair day 5 in 1, so I bit the bullet and bought the shampoo and conditioner. I have to say, so far, that I love them too.

I've had so many compliments on my hair in the last few days (never happens) including being asked if i'd just had my hair cut and coloured (it's been about a month). It doesn't take a lot, is silicone free and colour safe.

I have to say that this line really works on my thick, frizzy hair. I swim, so my reddish hair tends to turn orange-ish. This looks like it is neutralizing the brassiness too.

First wash lasted a solid three days, iwashed again this morning because it felt like it was time, not because it looked like it needed it.

So far, I am very happy and very impressed!