Cetaphil Cleansing Cloths

3.6

on 6/8/2015 12:24:00 PM

I LOVE these! They have no overpowering scent (like Cetaphil for oily skin cleanser does!) They remove makeup and all the general gunk of the day (though I first use eye makeup remover pads for mascara.) My face feels really CLEAN without feeling tight and dry.

My skin is still somewhat oily in the summer and these towelettes really refresh!

on 4/23/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

No, no, no!! For those of u who have read my other reviews it's patently obvious that it pains me writing negative reviews. But I am new to Cetaphil products & this did not invite me to want to buy up the entire line. I returned them after using 2 cloths & cautiously optimistically bought the liquid in the pump for oily skin to give this brand another chance. I haven't tried it yet. My pack of cloths were fairly dry; I expected them to be more "wet"/moist. They are rough & too small to take off all my makeup really w just 1 wipe but I tried. Twice. It just kind of like rearranged the makeup left on my face b4 bed. And the worst part is that my normally tough oily skin that is subjected to SD-alcohol & salicylic acid daily somexs benzoyl peroxide even, was left red, raw, painfully chapped, & my eyes sting & were irritated & itchy. I wear waterproof makeup anyway so this product isn't suitable for my needs. I don't know how they can claim suitable for sensitive skin. Returned to Kroger. Caveat Emptor!!

on 4/10/2015 3:31:00 AM

I didn't buy these cloths; a pack of ten was attached to the bottle of Cetaphil face wash I was buying as a free -- and generous -- sample to try. Since I was going on a five-day trip to Seattle, I decided to bring the cloths with me, instead of eye makeup remover.

I'm not sure if it's a quality control issue, but unlike some of the reviewers here, I found my cloths to be well-dampened. One cloth took care of removing all of my makeup; there was a slight film I could feel left on my face, so I always followed up with a separate cleanser to get rid of that feeling. To be fair, I don't wear waterproof makeup or heavy foundation, but the cloths do a great job of removing tinted moisturizer, eyeliner and mascara, which are often the hardest makeup products to remove (for me).

The packaging of my sample was just a sticky flap that reattached to the plastic bag; I hope that for the full-size, it's something sturdier?

Overall, I wouldn't buy these as I don't use cleansing cloths regularly, but I did enjoy trying them out.

on 2/13/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I paid $6.99 for a pack of these at Walgreen's and will not buy them again; in fact, I won't even finish the pack I bought. First, they are not wet enough. They feel, in terms of dampness, like wipes you've had in your stash for a few months and have started drying out. Second, they just don't do a very good job of removing foundation and mascara, neither of which is long-wearing or waterproof. The instructions say there's no need to rinse after using the product, but there's no way I wouldn't at least run a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel over my face after using these cloths. The cloths are too small and too dry to be effective for anything other than maybe wiping the sweat off your face after a workout. I have always been a fan of
Cetaphil cleansers and was excited to see a product designed to remove make-up, but they need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

on 1/31/2015 6:21:00 PM

These are soft, gentle cleansing cloths that remove most of my makeup. Always leaves a hint of foundation on m skin and does not remove my mascara. Like that it is unscented and pH balanced. I would like the cloths to be a bit more moistened, I think that would really aid in better removal of my makeup. Contains parabens.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I restocked every eight weeks because there thick and take it all off and clean Sweep without re-washing face, use it for after working out to remove sweat .

on 12/3/2014 10:39:00 PM

Nice for lazy people like me who don't want to wash their makeup off.

My only complaint is it doesn't take off mascara. I use vaseline for my mascara and the rest of my face I just wipe with this cloth.

on 8/27/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like these. Makeup remover wipes and cleansing wipes are always too rough, drying and perfumed for me. These are very soft and gentle and leave my skin feeling fresh. Will remove most makeup with some patience. For sensitive skin, these are gentle and simple.

on 6/11/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of these cleansing cloths in my Beauty Army Box and couldn't wait to give them a try. The cloths are very soft and a decent size. I happen to know you get 25 in a package for around $7.00 to $8.00 dollars.

The cloths are nice and wet, and I was pretty happy with their performance. One cloth took off all my lipstick and non-waterproof mascara. I'm not sure how well they did with the sunscreen. It's impossible to tell. Although the directions say not to rinse, I felt like there was a bit of a film, so I went ahead and rinsed with tepid water. I might use these to remove cold cream or for A.M. or in between cleansing, but I don't think I would want to use them for my complete P.M. cleansing. Overall, these are good cleansing cloths, and I think I would purchase them if they were on sale.

on 5/11/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love Cetaphil products in general and when I saw cleansing cloths on the shelf at my local Target...I was ecstatic! I purchased a 25 count package for $6.99.

These cleansing wipes were gentle on my sensitive (and mildly dry) skin. I hate the 'residue' feeling after using any kind of cleansing cloth and I did not experience that with Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Cloths. My skin feels smooth and refreshed after using this product. I didn't experience any drying, irritations, or breakouts.

The only downfall to this product is that it claims to 'thoroughly' remove makeup. The cleansing cloth removed my foundation (I use a moderate amount of liquid foundation), but I had a difficult time removing my eyeliner. I use MakeUp Forever HD eyeliner, which stays on well all day. I needed to use an eye makeup remover after using the cloth to remove a small amount of eyeliner left.

Overall, I give this product a 4/5. I read the other reviews that their cloths were dry. My cloths were not soaking wet, but wet enough to get the job done. I'm not sure if this would help, but I left the sticky seal over the wipes in addition to firmly closing the package to keep my cloths moist. I do like the fact that the wipes have a front snap closure rather than just a sticky seal.

I have not bought another package yet since I'm using up the rest of my Alba cleansing cloths. However, once those are gone, I'm going to repurchase this product.