August 27, 2014 | 1506 users online

Fragrances - MAC - MAC Creations Fragrance Blend Variation Parfumee MV2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by miss_dys

Sadly, this is now long-discontinued. It was my HG go-to fragrance during cold ether months for years. Snagged my 2nd husband with this scent! He got close enough to smell it on my neck and the deal was sealed.

I recently finally found something vaguely close - closest approximation I have found so far -- Vanille Insensee by Atelier Cologne. Sephora carries it; check it out. If they have it in stock, they can make a sample for you. It's not an exact dupe, but it's *something* for those of us unable/unwilling to shell out insane cash for a used bottle of MV2 on ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Judyoliver

Has anyone found a replacement for mv2 . Going crazy trying to find anything that is even close

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

@ NERD99....IM with ya on this.....i miss this scent! yeah ...boooo...they stop selling it , I WANT IT to come bk..this was the best one, Turquatic smells very synthetic and cheap, i hate that scent...gross...smells like cheap wet dog shampoo....this one was vanilla ,whipped..cream..mellow woody smooth lemon cream scent...miss u ..MV 2!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Nerds99

I am so, so sad that this was discontinued. It has been my signature fragrance for 11 years. I always get tons of compliments whenever I wear it, and my daughter says that it's "my" smell. It smells like a creamy, milky vanilla on me and I love and adore it. I don't get any musk notes on my skin, just creamy vanilla...and something almost like a graham cracker. I wish MAC would bring it back. I can't believe that out of all their fragrances, they decided to keep Turquatic. That stuff smells like straight booboo, old ladies, and club whores IMO. I found the MV fragrances much classier.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

So upset this is discontinued, it was my favourite fragrance ever and used to get me so many compliments from both sexes! The lasting power was rather sucky and the amount you got for the price was ridiculous, but the scent more than made up for it - vanilla but with a twist. I agree with the other reviewer who said it was "milky". A very warm, sexy fragrance...very disappointed it's no longer available.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I smelled this in a MAC store while waiting to pay for my order and I immediately had to have it. This smells like milky vanilla and chocolate but is not at all sweet to my nose. Actually, today I had a (very cute) guy lean in to smell me and tell me I smelled like chocolate. It certainly is gourmandy but unlike anything I have smelled before in a fragrance. I have some other perfumes that I like but since I got this (2 months ago), I have not worn anything else, which is saying a lot, as I usually get bored very quickly with fragrances. I even wear this at home when alone, because it is such a comforting scent. The only problem I have with this is that it doesn't last long, so I usually have to keep spraying it throughout the day. The price is rather high, but the small bottle is very portable and I can Back2MAC it when empty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

My HG scent, the only reason I am giving it 4 lippies is because of the price they charge for such a small amount.

On me this is a yummy creamy vanilla with a hint of lavender. I get compliments left right and centre, especially from men! Lasting power is decent, 3 hours or so. Wish it lasted a bit longer though. The packaging is gorgeous aswell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I absolutely love this fragrance - it's my favourite & I find myself reaching for this one every time over all my other perfumes! I really don't like the price though...it's expensive for only 20ml. I go through MV2 really quickly because of the little amount they give you, so it is a costly fragrance.

I suck at describing scents, but to my nose, this is a milky vanilla. MAC say there's lavender and other stuff in this, but I don't smell it. It simply a milky vanilla. Now, that may sound overly sweet, but it isn't (trust me - I don't like sweet scents!) Think of a creme brulee, but covered with warm milk and dashes of vanilla added (okay, that sounds nasty haha)...basically, I'm trying to say that's is somewhat sweet, but in a refined way.

The smell on my skin is SO sexy. Honestly; every guy I come close to compliments me. The first date I had with my SO 2 years ago, he said "Wow, what is that smell? It's like a creamy vanilla...mmmmmmmmmm!" Every guy at my university went crazy for it too, leaning in to me in lectures and saying how nice I smelt. Think of a warm milky vanilla cloud...yum.

I will definately repurchase this over and over again. Wish MAC would change the price though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this perfume as I was looking for something totally different than what is out in the stores everywhere you look. I love vanilla scents so this was appealing to me. It is a musky vanilla scent which seems to last quite long. It is a very small expensive bottle 25.00 for not even an oz but I had a gift card. This is however pretty identical to vanilla musk by Coty from years ago which would be about 20.00 less. I do like it however as it is different and gives a comforting feeling. There are 5 or 6 other scents also at the MAC counter I would like to try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I love vanilla scents however no matter how nice this was it was extremely cloying and gave me a headache. I tried to scrub it off but still lingered on. Returned it.