Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream

on 8/7/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm using the med-deep and loving it. If you remember BeneFit Flamingo Fancy (which I LOVED) this is pretty close, but with a teensy bit of self tanner. I'd love a giant size with a pump, but other than that, it's pretty perfect.

on 7/6/2015 9:01:00 PM

This review is for the Lighter Skin Tones.

I have always enjoyed Jergen's lotions. When this first came out, I didn't immediately go out and buy it, mostly due to the price. I ended up purchasing it thru Amazon for around $9.

What I really like about this lotion is how well is soaks into my skin and doesn't leave me greasy or sticky. It dries down really quickly after application. It's been a long time since I've found a lotion that soaks in so well and leaves me feeling moisturized.

The fragrance isn't anything special. It is pleasant without being too strong or obnoxious. After a good hour or so I do get a bit of the 'self tanner scent' from it. However, it is by no means strong.

I really didn't notice a drastic change in my skin tone, but I do feel it looks more even. My skin is definitely fair to light without a tan, but I do tan easily. I would have liked a bit more of a tanning effect out of this, so next time I will purchase the one for darker skin tones to see if it will give me a bit more of a glow. I know this isn't claiming to be a self tanner, but I was hoping for a bit of color out of it.

It's probably safe to say I have noticed my skin to be slightly firmer, but nothing life changing. It's just enough for me to notice that my skin seems to be in better condition.

Overall, a great lotion with extra benefits. Worth trying out!

on 7/6/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Not a miracle cure but does instantly improve the looks of legs. A bit glowy but you won't look like a disco ball. It's subtle. I enjoy the smell and although it is a rich lotion, it absorbs and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. Just apply the right amount. I use on my arms and chest area also. I repurchase when they're on sale and I currently have two backups.

on 6/20/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this product on a half off sale hoping that this cream would lightly cover the redness on my legs. It has not. I enjoy the smell, because it reminds me of my grandmother. It is a decent moisturizer, but it is not worth full price or even half off.

on 5/7/2015 11:29:00 PM

I bought this in the medium/dark skin tone in hopes of seeing more dramatic difference as per previous review. No such luck. The lotion is a pinky brown color however I have yet to see a change in skin tone and I am about to finish the tube. The smell is pleasant, reminds me of my mother. No shimmering affect left on skin, unfortunately it is recommended on the tube to wait to dry prior to dressing otherwise color will rub off. Not great if you are rushed on time, however it never left marks on my clothes or sheets. Not overly moisturizing either which is surprising considering the thick cream consistency. Did not leave my skin more smooth than other lotions even legs after shaving did not stay soft and moisturized hours after application. Worst part is it broke my back out badly into both tiny whiteheads and cystic acne. Will not be purchasing ever again.

on 4/14/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

First let me start by saying this review is for the med- tan product.

Im not really surprised at how many people were disappointed with this product. I feel most people are expecting miracles and Jergens kind of set themselves up for failure on this one, setting up ridiculously high expectations for this product. When you purchase a product you have to realize going in that most of the claims are inflated marketing hype. Yes, I understand that companies morally should not promise results their products cant fulfill , etc., etc....... But, it is what it is. I never expected this lotion to perform past its capabilities.

What prompted me to purchase this was the silicones it contains. I know many people try to steer clear of silicones as they are not great for you, but really what is now days?

I used to purchase body lotions from the tanning salon I use ( yes, I tan, but no longer several times a week, only about once a week and use sunless in between) and could never find any other lotions that worked as well on my very dry skin.

I have tons of lotions from drugstore to very high end and none could provide the silky texture or leave my skin as soft and smooth as the lotions I purchased from the salon. I finally figured out what these lotions all had in common was silicones in the ingredients.

With many of the leading brands now trying to stay on trend and leaving out " harmful" ingredients, its hard to find a body lotion loaded with silicones. This one however basically works like a face primer , smoothing and blurring imperfections. So I figured it would contain cones and it does, along with petroleum and mineral oil.

It is absolutely wonderful for giving you silky smooth, radiant and dewy looking skin. The effect is temporary of course, as it doesnt really contain any ingredients that offer any longterm moisture or skin benefits, aside from shea butter and glycerin and these are the main ingredients in most all body lotions. That said, I do recommend using another body lotion that contains more quality skin loving ingredients in conjunction with this one. I use a different one at night ( La Prairie or Pevonia) and apply this one when getting dressed daily or before going out etc.

Bottom line: This lotion is not a miracle worker , it doesnt even offer any great quality ingredients. But if you use it with realistic expectations from a $12 lotion, it really does do most of the things it claims.... temporarily. If your searching for a better lotion with long term benefits and/or trying to stay away from cones, then this isnt the lotion for you. But if your looking for a quick fix for dry or dull looking skin, or just want to have that great skin look, then give it a try. I will now be purchasing this as appose to the $60 silicone lotions I have been purchasing from the salon :)

on 3/13/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

For clarification, I'd like to say my review is for the Medium-Deep cream and not the Light option... That said, I really like this product.

I've used this cream for 13 days exactly and I have a few bones to pick.

First, I haven't noticed any firming from this cream what so ever. I feel this is yet another empty selling point that so many lotions/creams/products advertise. If you're hoping for a firming cream, you may be disappointed, YMMV. I'm not miffed with the lack of results when it comes to the firming claim since I didn't expect any firming, but I don't think it should be included if it doesn't live up to it...

Second, I feel the claims make the same point several times. Brightens & Illuminates, Evens Skin Tone, and Minimizes the Appearance of Imperfections are all the same to me. After using this product for almost two weeks, I haven't noticed any lasting improvement in my skin without the cream.

Having picked those bones with the advertising, I do like this product. I'm always skeptical when it comes to multiple claim products so I always read/watch reviews by others to make my decision to purchase or not. I was looking for a product to add a bit of realistic glow to my skin, something to diffuse the imperfections and add a bit of brightness to my complexion and that's EXACTLY what I got. This is why I like this cream. I didn't expect to see any lasting affects after I showered, so I'm not disappointed with the product itself, I'm just not happy with the advertising. I feel like the people at Jergens are setting themselves up for customer complaints with this one...

If you're looking for a lightweight product to add a bit of dewy sheen to your skin that lasts until you wash it off, this may be for you. It lightly illuminates your skin and softens imperfections without being shimmery or unbelievable. It adds just the right amount of oomph to your complexion without covering up freckles or beauty marks, in fact there is no coverage that I can see. There is no rub-off or depositing onto clothing, which is great. If you're wanting a simple luminizer for your skin, give this a shot, just choose the Medium-Deep option since it seems the Light shade doesn't do much based on others' reviews. For $12.00 (USD) it's worth it in my opinion and I'll keep purchasing unless I find something better, it's not bad for what it is, just don't believe the advertising hype.

on 2/25/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For all the claims this makes, this fell very short of expectations. It gives some moisture without being greasy and that's about it. It has a faint fragrance that smells nice. But no firming or added color/glow or improvement in skin appearance was seen. Very basic overpriced moisturizer.

on 12/20/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I haven't used this product very much and it's basically collecting dust on my bathroom counter. I used it a couple times on my face because that's really the only part of my body that needs correcting and I hate bb creams. Too thick and oily. So anyways, I decided to read some reviews here to see if it did anything for anybody else, and then maybe I would have gave it another shot. I have an even tone all over but I was really hoping this would tighten up my pores before applying foundation. It did an alright job, but I have oily skin and I don't really need the "moisturizing" effects.
I got a full size bottle of this for free in the mail, but I don't think I'd ever purchase it if I ran out, it's a little pricey for a body lotion.
Anyways, I don't understand why so many people reviewing this are complaining about it's "tanning" effects. This product does not claim to be a self tanner, and is not meant to darken your skin tone. If you get a shade darker or lighter than your skin tone then it obviously isn't going to "even out" your skin tone.

on 12/19/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the Light skin tone cream. Not too keen on the scent. And it didn't do anything for me. It didn't even my skin tone or do anything beyond what a normal moisturizer does. So, I'll pass on this one. Maybe I'll try the darker version, but I prefer a tanning lotion that keep you tan for longer than one day.

Popular Lotions / Creams