October 25, 2014 | 1200 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Jergens - BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the medium-deep but I'm light-medium. I love the smell of it and it doesn't set off my migraines but it also doesn't do anything special. It's real expensive for a drugstore lotion-$12.00. I can't justify spending that much on a lotion that smells good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I bought this in Light since I am pretty fair and I saw NO color correction, no improvement in anything, and nothing special. This wore like a typical Jergens body lotion. The scent is the ONLY thing I would repurchase this for. It smells like my favorite BBW scent Twilight Woods.

Some Youtubers rave about this but I don't get the hype. It's a lotion that did nothing for me personally. An expensive one at that as well. A normal size tube of this is $13. Ridiculous for drugstore. I will stick with BBW with their sales and get much better body creams for less, yes less.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by tabitha75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a week now and I have to say....I'm not at all impressed. I really wanted to like this, but I just don't. Perhaps I was expecting too much from a 5-in-1 cream. Regardless, I don't think this is anything special. The consistency is light and it comes out of the tube tinted although the color disappears instantly upon massaging onto the skin; it's not a 'color guide.' The scent is mild and not entirely unpleasant.

I'm fair-skinned and purchased the medium-deep formulation. There is perhaps the most faint suggestion of added color over the past week, but nothing as pronounced as the original Jergens Natural Glow.

Claims:

Hydration: OK, a little hydration. 2 lippies.
Illuminate: Not even a little bit
Even: Not at all
Firm: No additional firming action
Correct: No color or imperfection correction

In all, I think a self tanner plus moisturizer would better achieve the effects I was looking for. My HG self tanner for 2 years now is Tarte Brazilliance, so I think I'll just go back to using that regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by qkellie

Love this stuff. I dig all the Jergens body lotions--tanning, firming, just plain regular moisturizing--and this is my new favorite. I got it in the lighter shade and color-wise it's not doing much of anything, but it feels so good on, smells great, doesn't stain anything, and my skin looks a little bit "radiant" in a very subtle way. I think on my arms and legs especially it's fuzzing out imperfections. Moisturizing-wise, my skin feels verrrry soft. I noticed, too, that shaving my legs is smoother and less of a chore, even though I usually put this on AFTER my shower. So the moisture effect is definitely long-lasting. Great stuff.

EDIT: After using consisntely for a little longer, I can now see a VERY subtle tanning effect, but it looks amazing. For very fair folks, I actually do recommend the fairer shade over the medium shade, because it will indeed give you a "summery glow" that's appropriate to your skin tone; it just takes longer. If you want a more dramatic and/or fast effect, I'd go with an actual self-tanner or "daily glow" product rather than this. I feel like I look like I've had some sun, but it took much longer to achieve it than with Jergens other products with more of the self-tanning ingredient. The other benefits (moisture, etc.) are still working wonders. I'm using a tiny bit on my face in the morning as well, and it's not causing breakouts or anything other than a lovely even look. I am totally obsessed with this stuff now!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. I have rather pale skin and I got the "For all Fair Skintones" one. I find that it's a bit too pale even for me and it does absolutely nothing. No tanning, no oranging, no correcting of colour. There's truly no point in using it for me. I continue using it only out of hope.

One plus: the smell is nice and subtle, and it might be moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by CocoMademoiseIIe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a deluxe sample of this and I figured it was worth trying based on the great reviews. The sample didn't have a list of the ingredients on the packaging, but I didn't think much of it since I don't typically experience allergic reactions to BB creams. I have VERY fair skin and I slathered this all over my elbows and knees before going to bed. I was horrified when I woke up in the morning. This "BB" cream is actually a gradual self-tanner! My elbows, knees, and hands were a streaky orange color. To make matters worse, I am actually allergic to the active ingredient in self-tanners (dihydroxyacetone (DHA)). I prayed the streaks would wash off in the shower, like a true BB cream would... but, they didn't. To top it off, a few hours later my elbows and knees were covered in blisters (as a result of my allergy to DHA).

It's certainly my fault for not checking the list of ingredients before using this, but I feel like the name of this product is quite deceiving. This is being touted as something shiny and new by Jergens, but it's really just a tinted gradual self-tanner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Oh my god, why do I like this so much? I never had good results with the Jergens self-tanner and the gimmicky name just sends up red flags. But believe it or not, this stuff is pretty awesome.

I'm extremely fair and I've got to have SOMETHING on my legs before I venture outside in shorts for the first few months of summer. I bought this in medium/dark because I read that the light doesn't impart much color, and I'm glad I did. My legs are around an NC17 at the absolute darkest right now and the Medium version just gave me the tiniest bit of perfect, natural color. It smooths on nicely and leaves a slight sheen to hide any imperfections, which is nice.

My only qualm is that it gets a little sticky after it's mostly sunk in and leaves a slippery residue, which I don't even mind because it gives that "shiny oiled model legs" effect. But it does feel a little gross. I can't say if it's a good self-tanner because I don't use it when I wear pants or stockings, but it's a lifesaver for shorts days.

A little goes an incredibly long way and it'll probably take me months to finish the giant tube. I wish I could find a mini version somewhere but at the moment I've decanted a little into a travel tube to keep in my purse for dry skin emergencies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Synnfuleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
I originally purchased this from walgreens in a trial size, and instantly fell in love. Being a bargain shopper, I would normally NEVER shell out $15 for anything lotion related, but this stuff is special.
The application is thick and creamy. It smells incredible, and my skin looks so silky and awesome.
I hate wearing lotion, but this stuff makes me want to!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube of this. The light version. My favorite body lotion was discontinued, and I was on a hunt for a replacement. I didn't want a self tanner, just a skin improver since my old favorite had retinol in it. This has really been great--I like the consistency (not too thick, not too thin). I also like the primer aspect--it makes my skin silky smooth. I may try the dark version next.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jeye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the darker version on sale for 10.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. Its a nice beige, pinky lotion. I love it! For me, it adds a wonderful light golden glow to my pale asian skin. Its perfect for summer especially when you don't want to do the whole self-tanner routine. It has a slight DHA smell but it fades quickly. Sinks into the skin quite fast for me & doesn't leave behind a sticky residue. Its moisturizing and yet lightweight, nothing like a body butter. I would def. repurchase (on sale of course!)