September 2, 2014 | 1059 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Jergens - BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by qkellie

Love this stuff. I dig all the Jergens body lotions--tanning, firming, just plain regular moisturizing--and this is my new favorite. I got it in the lighter shade and color-wise it's not doing much of anything, but it feels so good on, smells great, doesn't stain anything, and my skin looks a little bit "radiant" in a very subtle way. I think on my arms and legs especially it's fuzzing out imperfections. Moisturizing-wise, my skin feels verrrry soft. I noticed, too, that shaving my legs is smoother and less of a chore, even though I usually put this on AFTER my shower. So the moisture effect is definitely long-lasting. Great stuff.

EDIT: After using consisntely for a little longer, I can now see a VERY subtle tanning effect, but it looks amazing. For very fair folks, I actually do recommend the fairer shade over the medium shade, because it will indeed give you a "summery glow" that's appropriate to your skin tone; it just takes longer. If you want a more dramatic and/or fast effect, I'd go with an actual self-tanner or "daily glow" product rather than this. I feel like I look like I've had some sun, but it took much longer to achieve it than with Jergens other products with more of the self-tanning ingredient. The other benefits (moisture, etc.) are still working wonders. I'm using a tiny bit on my face in the morning as well, and it's not causing breakouts or anything other than a lovely even look. I am totally obsessed with this stuff now!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. I have rather pale skin and I got the "For all Fair Skintones" one. I find that it's a bit too pale even for me and it does absolutely nothing. No tanning, no oranging, no correcting of colour. There's truly no point in using it for me. I continue using it only out of hope.

One plus: the smell is nice and subtle, and it might be moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by CocoMademoiseIIe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a deluxe sample of this and I figured it was worth trying based on the great reviews. The sample didn't have a list of the ingredients on the packaging, but I didn't think much of it since I don't typically experience allergic reactions to BB creams. I have VERY fair skin and I slathered this all over my elbows and knees before going to bed. I was horrified when I woke up in the morning. This "BB" cream is actually a gradual self-tanner! My elbows, knees, and hands were a streaky orange color. To make matters worse, I am actually allergic to the active ingredient in self-tanners (dihydroxyacetone (DHA)). I prayed the streaks would wash off in the shower, like a true BB cream would... but, they didn't. To top it off, a few hours later my elbows and knees were covered in blisters (as a result of my allergy to DHA).

It's certainly my fault for not checking the list of ingredients before using this, but I feel like the name of this product is quite deceiving. This is being touted as something shiny and new by Jergens, but it's really just a tinted gradual self-tanner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Oh my god, why do I like this so much? I never had good results with the Jergens self-tanner and the gimmicky name just sends up red flags. But believe it or not, this stuff is pretty awesome.

I'm extremely fair and I've got to have SOMETHING on my legs before I venture outside in shorts for the first few months of summer. I bought this in medium/dark because I read that the light doesn't impart much color, and I'm glad I did. My legs are around an NC17 at the absolute darkest right now and the Medium version just gave me the tiniest bit of perfect, natural color. It smooths on nicely and leaves a slight sheen to hide any imperfections, which is nice.

My only qualm is that it gets a little sticky after it's mostly sunk in and leaves a slippery residue, which I don't even mind because it gives that "shiny oiled model legs" effect. But it does feel a little gross. I can't say if it's a good self-tanner because I don't use it when I wear pants or stockings, but it's a lifesaver for shorts days.

A little goes an incredibly long way and it'll probably take me months to finish the giant tube. I wish I could find a mini version somewhere but at the moment I've decanted a little into a travel tube to keep in my purse for dry skin emergencies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Synnfuleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
I originally purchased this from walgreens in a trial size, and instantly fell in love. Being a bargain shopper, I would normally NEVER shell out $15 for anything lotion related, but this stuff is special.
The application is thick and creamy. It smells incredible, and my skin looks so silky and awesome.
I hate wearing lotion, but this stuff makes me want to!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube of this. The light version. My favorite body lotion was discontinued, and I was on a hunt for a replacement. I didn't want a self tanner, just a skin improver since my old favorite had retinol in it. This has really been great--I like the consistency (not too thick, not too thin). I also like the primer aspect--it makes my skin silky smooth. I may try the dark version next.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jeye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the darker version on sale for 10.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. Its a nice beige, pinky lotion. I love it! For me, it adds a wonderful light golden glow to my pale asian skin. Its perfect for summer especially when you don't want to do the whole self-tanner routine. It has a slight DHA smell but it fades quickly. Sinks into the skin quite fast for me & doesn't leave behind a sticky residue. Its moisturizing and yet lightweight, nothing like a body butter. I would def. repurchase (on sale of course!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by bobbictx

The mixed reviews are interesting...... I got the light without realizing there was a dark option as well. I really don't get it. Idk if the dark is better somehow, but the light is literally just lotion with a TINY drop of self tanner. There's NO shimmer/glow, NO coverage, NO spf. I expected this to be like a tinted glowy moisturizer with a little self tanner. Not even a little. It does smell awesome, but the claims are not true for this and it's pricey. I'll try the dark before I make my final decision, but for now I'm extremely disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by eyring

I like this a lot. Definitely helps with the appearance of cellulite on my legs. I have already been using Jergens Body before they came up with this one and liked it too. Just the slight color improvement is really enough to make my legs look more toned.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by liza3871

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to weigh in here since the reviews are so mixed. I happen to think this product does exactly what it advertises. I have truly fair skin with cool, pink undertones. I wanted something that would smooth my skin and give it a glow without "tanning" it, and this does the trick. This provides the slightest faint golden tint to my skin without actually "tanning" it. My skin tone looks much better with this than without.

If you are looking for a tan, this won't do the trick. If you are looking to improve the overall appearance of your skin, I say get it. I don't know about darker skin tones, but this is wonderful on mine and definitely blurs imperfections. No, it doesn't erase them, but it does improve their appearance. There are much pricier products out there. I haven't tried them so I don't know how they compare, but this product is much cheaper than they are, so I don't have an issue with the price.

I gave four lippies instead of five because this does rub off on towels and sheets. Again, it's subtle, but you should be aware of it. I have white towels, and faint traces sometimes appear on them way after I've used this lotion. Still, I love it anyway. I say try it out--especially if you're super fair like me and shy away from self-tanners. This is a great alternative.