Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream

3.7

on 3/13/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

For clarification, I'd like to say my review is for the Medium-Deep cream and not the Light option... That said, I really like this product.

I've used this cream for 13 days exactly and I have a few bones to pick.

First, I haven't noticed any firming from this cream what so ever. I feel this is yet another empty selling point that so many lotions/creams/products advertise. If you're hoping for a firming cream, you may be disappointed, YMMV. I'm not miffed with the lack of results when it comes to the firming claim since I didn't expect any firming, but I don't think it should be included if it doesn't live up to it...

Second, I feel the claims make the same point several times. Brightens & Illuminates, Evens Skin Tone, and Minimizes the Appearance of Imperfections are all the same to me. After using this product for almost two weeks, I haven't noticed any lasting improvement in my skin without the cream.

Having picked those bones with the advertising, I do like this product. I'm always skeptical when it comes to multiple claim products so I always read/watch reviews by others to make my decision to purchase or not. I was looking for a product to add a bit of realistic glow to my skin, something to diffuse the imperfections and add a bit of brightness to my complexion and that's EXACTLY what I got. This is why I like this cream. I didn't expect to see any lasting affects after I showered, so I'm not disappointed with the product itself, I'm just not happy with the advertising. I feel like the people at Jergens are setting themselves up for customer complaints with this one...

If you're looking for a lightweight product to add a bit of dewy sheen to your skin that lasts until you wash it off, this may be for you. It lightly illuminates your skin and softens imperfections without being shimmery or unbelievable. It adds just the right amount of oomph to your complexion without covering up freckles or beauty marks, in fact there is no coverage that I can see. There is no rub-off or depositing onto clothing, which is great. If you're wanting a simple luminizer for your skin, give this a shot, just choose the Medium-Deep option since it seems the Light shade doesn't do much based on others' reviews. For $12.00 (USD) it's worth it in my opinion and I'll keep purchasing unless I find something better, it's not bad for what it is, just don't believe the advertising hype.

on 2/25/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For all the claims this makes, this fell very short of expectations. It gives some moisture without being greasy and that's about it. It has a faint fragrance that smells nice. But no firming or added color/glow or improvement in skin appearance was seen. Very basic overpriced moisturizer.

on 12/20/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I haven't used this product very much and it's basically collecting dust on my bathroom counter. I used it a couple times on my face because that's really the only part of my body that needs correcting and I hate bb creams. Too thick and oily. So anyways, I decided to read some reviews here to see if it did anything for anybody else, and then maybe I would have gave it another shot. I have an even tone all over but I was really hoping this would tighten up my pores before applying foundation. It did an alright job, but I have oily skin and I don't really need the "moisturizing" effects.
I got a full size bottle of this for free in the mail, but I don't think I'd ever purchase it if I ran out, it's a little pricey for a body lotion.
Anyways, I don't understand why so many people reviewing this are complaining about it's "tanning" effects. This product does not claim to be a self tanner, and is not meant to darken your skin tone. If you get a shade darker or lighter than your skin tone then it obviously isn't going to "even out" your skin tone.

on 12/19/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the Light skin tone cream. Not too keen on the scent. And it didn't do anything for me. It didn't even my skin tone or do anything beyond what a normal moisturizer does. So, I'll pass on this one. Maybe I'll try the darker version, but I prefer a tanning lotion that keep you tan for longer than one day.

on 11/4/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Out of ALL of the body creams or lotions I've tried (and I've tried MANY), this is my absolute favorite! Jergens BB Body (Light) does exactly as promised:

1. Hydrates and smoothes.
2. Brightens and illuminates.
3. Evens skin tone.
4. Visibly firms skin.
5. Minimizes appearance of skin imperfections.

I honestly did NOT think that a body cream could deliver all of the above results, but since first purchasing this about 8 months ago, I am amazed.

After applying in the evening, my skin is instantly softened, and feels like satin. After about a week of first using this, I noticed that my skin tone was evening out...my sun spots, discolorations and light freckling on chest and shoulders was diminishing. The overall clarity was improving and a few rough patches were also disappearing.

After about 4 weeks of continued use, I noticed a visible firming effect...on my thighs and hips, upper arms and stomach. The toning effects are cumulative; the longer you use this, the more pronounced the results become.

I wear shorts now and sleeveless tops and I cannot get over how comfortable I am in my own skin...like when I was in my 20's.

This is an absolutely incredible product, and I certainly hope it is NEVER discontinued!

on 11/4/2014 4:56:00 PM

I purchased this to apply to my legs instead of my usual self-tanner (Jergens Natural Glow). I noticed this product is pretty thick for a lotion, which makes it extremely moisturizing and soothing on just-shaved legs. But that's about it. I did not notice any other effects such as coverage, glow, color, etc. It was just an overpriced body cream. I re-purchased Jergens Natural Glow before I was able to use this stuff up because I missed the color it gives my legs. I will not repurchase.

on 11/4/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've always used jergen's natural glow but I hated the way it faded and could easily make me look orange(and fake in the winter) but I still liked to cover up my pasty skin. This is perfect because it gives you a glow-not a tan. The slightest touch of DHA gives this radiance to my skin--I've actually gotten a lot of compliments on it! Very, very natural looking and I would't be embarrassed looking like an ompa loompa this winter! I got the medium/deep one after reading reviews that the lighter one doesn't do much. Good job Jergen's!!!!

on 10/16/2014 3:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in the medium-deep but I'm light-medium. I love the smell of it and it doesn't set off my migraines but it also doesn't do anything special. It's real expensive for a drugstore lotion-$12.00. I can't justify spending that much on a lotion that smells good.

on 9/28/2014 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in Light since I am pretty fair and I saw NO color correction, no improvement in anything, and nothing special. This wore like a typical Jergens body lotion. The scent is the ONLY thing I would repurchase this for. It smells like my favorite BBW scent Twilight Woods.

Some Youtubers rave about this but I don't get the hype. It's a lotion that did nothing for me personally. An expensive one at that as well. A normal size tube of this is $13. Ridiculous for drugstore. I will stick with BBW with their sales and get much better body creams for less, yes less.

on 9/11/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for about a week now and I have to say....I'm not at all impressed. I really wanted to like this, but I just don't. Perhaps I was expecting too much from a 5-in-1 cream. Regardless, I don't think this is anything special. The consistency is light and it comes out of the tube tinted although the color disappears instantly upon massaging onto the skin; it's not a 'color guide.' The scent is mild and not entirely unpleasant.

I'm fair-skinned and purchased the medium-deep formulation. There is perhaps the most faint suggestion of added color over the past week, but nothing as pronounced as the original Jergens Natural Glow.

Claims:

Hydration: OK, a little hydration. 2 lippies.
Illuminate: Not even a little bit
Even: Not at all
Firm: No additional firming action
Correct: No color or imperfection correction

In all, I think a self tanner plus moisturizer would better achieve the effects I was looking for. My HG self tanner for 2 years now is Tarte Brazilliance, so I think I'll just go back to using that regularly.

Popular Lotions / Creams