December 20, 2014 | 1661 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Jergens - BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by lilmissmay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't used this product very much and it's basically collecting dust on my bathroom counter. I used it a couple times on my face because that's really the only part of my body that needs correcting and I hate bb creams. Too thick and oily. So anyways, I decided to read some reviews here to see if it did anything for anybody else, and then maybe I would have gave it another shot. I have an even tone all over but I was really hoping this would tighten up my pores before applying foundation. It did an alright job, but I have oily skin and I don't really need the "moisturizing" effects.
I got a full size bottle of this for free in the mail, but I don't think I'd ever purchase it if I ran out, it's a little pricey for a body lotion.
Anyways, I don't understand why so many people reviewing this are complaining about it's "tanning" effects. This product does not claim to be a self tanner, and is not meant to darken your skin tone. If you get a shade darker or lighter than your skin tone then it obviously isn't going to "even out" your skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Light skin tone cream. Not too keen on the scent. And it didn't do anything for me. It didn't even my skin tone or do anything beyond what a normal moisturizer does. So, I'll pass on this one. Maybe I'll try the darker version, but I prefer a tanning lotion that keep you tan for longer than one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by KrisGrath

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Out of ALL of the body creams or lotions I've tried (and I've tried MANY), this is my absolute favorite! Jergens BB Body (Light) does exactly as promised:

1. Hydrates and smoothes.
2. Brightens and illuminates.
3. Evens skin tone.
4. Visibly firms skin.
5. Minimizes appearance of skin imperfections.

I honestly did NOT think that a body cream could deliver all of the above results, but since first purchasing this about 8 months ago, I am amazed.

After applying in the evening, my skin is instantly softened, and feels like satin. After about a week of first using this, I noticed that my skin tone was evening out...my sun spots, discolorations and light freckling on chest and shoulders was diminishing. The overall clarity was improving and a few rough patches were also disappearing.

After about 4 weeks of continued use, I noticed a visible firming effect...on my thighs and hips, upper arms and stomach. The toning effects are cumulative; the longer you use this, the more pronounced the results become.

I wear shorts now and sleeveless tops and I cannot get over how comfortable I am in my own skin...like when I was in my 20's.

This is an absolutely incredible product, and I certainly hope it is NEVER discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this to apply to my legs instead of my usual self-tanner (Jergens Natural Glow). I noticed this product is pretty thick for a lotion, which makes it extremely moisturizing and soothing on just-shaved legs. But that's about it. I did not notice any other effects such as coverage, glow, color, etc. It was just an overpriced body cream. I re-purchased Jergens Natural Glow before I was able to use this stuff up because I missed the color it gives my legs. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kgfinn25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've always used jergen's natural glow but I hated the way it faded and could easily make me look orange(and fake in the winter) but I still liked to cover up my pasty skin. This is perfect because it gives you a glow-not a tan. The slightest touch of DHA gives this radiance to my skin--I've actually gotten a lot of compliments on it! Very, very natural looking and I would't be embarrassed looking like an ompa loompa this winter! I got the medium/deep one after reading reviews that the lighter one doesn't do much. Good job Jergen's!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the medium-deep but I'm light-medium. I love the smell of it and it doesn't set off my migraines but it also doesn't do anything special. It's real expensive for a drugstore lotion-$12.00. I can't justify spending that much on a lotion that smells good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I bought this in Light since I am pretty fair and I saw NO color correction, no improvement in anything, and nothing special. This wore like a typical Jergens body lotion. The scent is the ONLY thing I would repurchase this for. It smells like my favorite BBW scent Twilight Woods.

Some Youtubers rave about this but I don't get the hype. It's a lotion that did nothing for me personally. An expensive one at that as well. A normal size tube of this is $13. Ridiculous for drugstore. I will stick with BBW with their sales and get much better body creams for less, yes less.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by tabitha75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a week now and I have to say....I'm not at all impressed. I really wanted to like this, but I just don't. Perhaps I was expecting too much from a 5-in-1 cream. Regardless, I don't think this is anything special. The consistency is light and it comes out of the tube tinted although the color disappears instantly upon massaging onto the skin; it's not a 'color guide.' The scent is mild and not entirely unpleasant.

I'm fair-skinned and purchased the medium-deep formulation. There is perhaps the most faint suggestion of added color over the past week, but nothing as pronounced as the original Jergens Natural Glow.

Claims:

Hydration: OK, a little hydration. 2 lippies.
Illuminate: Not even a little bit
Even: Not at all
Firm: No additional firming action
Correct: No color or imperfection correction

In all, I think a self tanner plus moisturizer would better achieve the effects I was looking for. My HG self tanner for 2 years now is Tarte Brazilliance, so I think I'll just go back to using that regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by qkellie

Love this stuff. I dig all the Jergens body lotions--tanning, firming, just plain regular moisturizing--and this is my new favorite. I got it in the lighter shade and color-wise it's not doing much of anything, but it feels so good on, smells great, doesn't stain anything, and my skin looks a little bit "radiant" in a very subtle way. I think on my arms and legs especially it's fuzzing out imperfections. Moisturizing-wise, my skin feels verrrry soft. I noticed, too, that shaving my legs is smoother and less of a chore, even though I usually put this on AFTER my shower. So the moisture effect is definitely long-lasting. Great stuff.

EDIT: After using consisntely for a little longer, I can now see a VERY subtle tanning effect, but it looks amazing. For very fair folks, I actually do recommend the fairer shade over the medium shade, because it will indeed give you a "summery glow" that's appropriate to your skin tone; it just takes longer. If you want a more dramatic and/or fast effect, I'd go with an actual self-tanner or "daily glow" product rather than this. I feel like I look like I've had some sun, but it took much longer to achieve it than with Jergens other products with more of the self-tanning ingredient. The other benefits (moisture, etc.) are still working wonders. I'm using a tiny bit on my face in the morning as well, and it's not causing breakouts or anything other than a lovely even look. I am totally obsessed with this stuff now!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. I have rather pale skin and I got the "For all Fair Skintones" one. I find that it's a bit too pale even for me and it does absolutely nothing. No tanning, no oranging, no correcting of colour. There's truly no point in using it for me. I continue using it only out of hope.

One plus: the smell is nice and subtle, and it might be moisturizing.