Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Lovelight

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/17/2015 1:31:00 PM

Out of the 4 UD Revolution lipsticks I own, this is my least favorite. I actually hated it at first, but I've come to enjoy it more. It's peachy-pink with shimmer. The shimmer isn't THAT fine, and it can have a gritty feel. It also doesn't last very long, unlike the others which wear like iron. A liner underneath extends wear considerably. But it does leave an uber-pretty glow on the lips, and if you're into natural-with-a-kick lippies, this is one to check out!

on 12/6/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is a very interesting lipstick. When I first swiped it on my hand, the first thing that came to my mind was Mac's nymphette gloss because of the gold shimmer. It's really pretty! The swatch was so pretty and hypnotizing that I had to purchase it, not really thinking about how it would look on my lips.

This is a coral lipstick with gold shimmer. The shimmer is subtle from a distance but definitely noticeable up close-- that being said, the shimmer is nice and gives lips a glow. Definitely not "sparkly" or "glittery." On my lips (naturally a purple color, which sometimes makes me look dead or really cold), it looks like a golden-coral shade, true to the tube. However, be aware that your lips must be moisturized prior to using this. The shimmer will slide into the cracks of your lips if they're not moist and plump. It's not overly drying and glides on nicely. It will be patchy if your lips are dry, though.

I like it more than I expected to, but I don't love it. It's a nice lipstick to wear every once in a while, but I wouldn't want my lips to "glow" like this all the time.

To cut down on the shimmer, I suggest topping with a gloss. This would be a nice lipstick to add on top of a very bold color that needed toning down.

This would be a nice summer shade for all skin types (I think it would look amazing on darker tones), or a good everyday shade for those who look nice in coral and like shimmery lipsticks.

on 5/13/2014 8:04:00 AM

Lovely lipstick from Urban Decay, a brand that I LOVE!
Great colour with my pale skin.
Not to much shimmer, subtle.
The colour goes on very smooth and stays for a really long time!
I do put it over a moisterizer for the lips, when I wear lipstick my lips tend to dry out.
Packaging is very luxurious, and the price is (in my opinion) ok.

on 2/19/2014 1:11:00 PM

Total fail for me. First off, the color turns an odd orangy pink on my lips and makes them look chapped. Second, it lasts a total of what, 10 minutes! For a $22 lipstick, I'd expect this to last a little longer than that.

Recommended for Medium Skin