April 18, 2014 | 874 users online

Powder - Chanel - Vitalumiere Compact Douceur

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Since my old Vitalumiere Eclat was used up and being discontinued, I was left no choice but to purchase the new version.

For the texture, the older version is definitely more finely milled. The surface of the newer version, when used, will become kind of bumpy instead of just a smooth surface. Anyway, the new version still glides on nicely on my face though I have a feeling that this provides less "slip".

Also, this powder is more shimmery, which isn't really obvious in pan and on face, unless under really bright light. Instead of providing a skin-like satin-matte finish like the old version, this is more like satin-dewy finish. If you're looking to add radiance / luminosity to your complexion, you'd probably be happier with the newer version.

The coverage of this foundation is basically the same as the old one - light to medium but unlikely to be built to full.

As for the staying power, again, it's more or less the same as the previous version but it seems to get patchy after a few hours occasionally. However, the patchy problem doesn't seem to appear when I'm back to somewhere with a higher humidity and smaller diurnal temperature variation. Therefore, I suppose this is a weather problem?

If I'm given a choice, I'll purchase Vitalumiere Eclat instead... But since there's no choice, I'm still happy to go with this one.