December 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F86 Tapered Kabuki

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sorry to ruin the rating but I found it pretty disappointing and overpriced. This type of brush shape can be handy but I hate this Sigma one because of the poorly performing fibres they use. It looks plush and looks soft but these brushes soak up your foundation and clings to it in big greasy clumps. Heaps of product gets wasted and the foundation smears on in thick streaks.

This brush never seems to wash clean. Despite washing several times the hairs still seem "greasy" and clump together. Same with the other Sigma foundation brushes I brought. Maybe their other brushes are good but If you're on the fence with this I say give Sigma a "PASS" and try these instead:

HIGH END:
- IT Cosmetics OMG Foundation Brush

MID END:
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (firm)
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush (medium firm)
(NOT the Real Techniques regular foundation brush, its too small for anything except under eye concealer).

My Real Techniques and IT Cosmetics brushes have been washing clean easily and returning back to plushy newness for several months now. I have more control with these brushes too. Because the bristles don't clump together I can choose whether I want a thin or thick layer of foundation, I can do both. The Sigma one smeared it on in thick streaks. I never use it anymore and regret wasting my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this brush was meant for foundation but it is awesome for blending out under eye concealer! The is mainly what i reach for when i was blending out concealer. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by j_drage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic multi functional brush. I mainly use it to blend in my under eye concealer but it also works great for blending on the side of my nose and chin where I have some redness. It is excellent quality and I will probably purchase another to have when one is being washed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by piperchapman

Got this after watching a few of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus use it for undereye concealer and I have to say that it met & exceeded my expectations! At first, it seemed too big to use for under the eye but I tried it & love it! It blends concealer so effortlessly that I'm able to use less product and it looks very natural- even when I use concealer a few shades lighter for a highlighting effect! I'm excited to try a few more of Sigma's kabuki brushes because the quality of this one is so nice. Planning to get the flat or rounded kabuki for applying foundation and the angled kabuki for contouring!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mccalisterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This type of brush is considered as a multi task brush since it's tapered. You could use the tip to easily get into detail like blending some under eye concealer and whatnot as for me, I love using this right now for blending out products on my face whenever I contour. It makes the seamless type of finish, like a natural, dewy skin even with an intense contour. Just this one brush for both colours is perfectly fine. Blending out the highlights first then the darker shade afterwards

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this brush in the Jaclyn Hill sigma brush set. She uses it for undereye concealer, and that's what I use it for as well. It's fantastic. Instead of spending time dabbing in the concealer with my fingers, I just swipe some under my eyes and blend with this brush. I am able to control the placement and it blends my concealer quickly. That's good for me, because I usually layer a corrector and concealer under my eyes. The brush picks up excess product if you use too much, and just blends a thin layer of the product evenly. So you'll want to use a pretty pigmented concealer with this. Overall I'm very happy with this brush. I think it is fairly unique and now holds a specific important job in my brush collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush on recommendation from a YouTube Guru. This brush costs $21 on Sigma's website but I bought it during a sale. I love this brush! I don't usually apply a full face of foundation. I usually just apply a light foundation or a BB cream under my eyes and around my nose to even out my skin tone. This brush is perfect for that. It blends the foundation beautifully into my skin and it doesn't leave any brush strokes or marks. There is also no fall out whatsoever from this brush.