December 19, 2014 | 1149 users online

Lips - Nivea - A Kiss of Care & Color

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jvan219

I purchased this in the color sheer berry and the soft pink one. I enjoy both, but i adore the sheer berry. It moisturizes well, leaves a great color (a cranberry/wine/pink color that isn't opaque, but pigmented) and feels great on! It has some menthol, which I do enjoy. It feels refreshing on the lips! I love tinted balms, and color that isn't sonopaque, and this is perfect for me! Def planning to buy more :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Mistiblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I'm going to say is Love, Love, Love!!! Its perfect for me. I don't put on makeup, so its just the right amount color, and protection... Thank You Nivea for a Great Lip Conditioner. Its the Best Ever!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this on a whim, like most of my lip products, at the drugstore.
I'm a big fan of other Nivea lip balms, but this one just doesn't do it for me.
I don't feel like it moisturizes as well as the others (or at all). Yeah, the color is nice and definitely very sheer, but it does add some life to my face if my lips are looking particularly pale.
It has a strange smell to it. Reminds me of old lady lipstick.

I feel like Nivea could have done a lot better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by twistpain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate wearing lipstick and gloss , but i like tinted lip balms. i got the sheer coral one , it has more pink than orange in it , but its still nice. it has menthol in it , its refreshing to use when my lips are burning from being chapped . alot of the color transfered on my soda can , but thats expected . it moisturzes well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the Sheer Crimson shade.

This is my "red lipstick." (Yes, I'm that color-shy--although I also have naturally highly-pigmented lips.) Just a touch of color and some shine, lasts a long time for this type of product. Great balm texture, not too waxy or sticky. My only complaints have to do with the packaging. I'd like it to look a little more glamorous, but of course that's a lot to expect from a drugstore lip balm. More importantly, when you swivel it up, it doesn't stay swiveled up--it goes back down when you press it against your lips. Very frustrating. But still, I love it enough that I got a couple more as backups when I saw it on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

This review is for the color "sheer pink." It gives a sheer baby pink tint, nothing too noticeable but I like that. On cracked dry lips, the pink shows up in the cracks so exfoliation is necessary. The slight menthol feel is an added bonus IMO. Its moisturizing but not repair status. Overall I like it for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by rconlin1

I got this in both sheer coral and sheer berry, love them both. Sheer coral lips natural but better on my lips and is very pretty. Whereas sheer Berry is a very pretty mauvey pink. I already liked nivea lip balms but this had a chilling menthol feel that was surprising but nice. i really like this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by strawberryappleorange

how disappointing!!!!!! bought this in sheer coral thinking it would be a beautiful coral color just in time for spring! however, this shows up as nothing...no difference from a regular lip balm in terms of pigmentation. other than the lack of pigmentation, the true deal breaker is the scent. It's definitely not menthol, it's olay soap. It probably uses the same "fragrance" as olay bar soap. Thus everytime i apply it on my lips, i can smell it and makes me feel like i am eating soap. how awful.

the only plus side is it's really moisturizing.

bottom line: if you don't like the thought of smelling olay soap on your lips and food, this is not for you. down to the trash it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I use tons and tons of lip balms (Burt's Bees, Revlon lipbutters, Clinique chubby sticks, etc), and admittedly was very skeptical of Nivea, since I tried a generic Nivea lip balm product about five years ago and didn't like it -- found not moisturizing enough and too greasy. Yet, I picked this product up since it was on sale, and online bloggers rave about Nivea products.

So I picked it up in Sheer Coral, and I totally love it! It doesn't really have any pigment on me besides a very subtle pink color (although many lip products do not show color on my lips), but it feels really nice and has a tiny bit of menthol which feels soothing. The product has definitely improved from years past (or else I'm using something from a different line). I have a problem that overuse of lip balms makes my lips crack/peel, but it doesn't happen with regular use of this product. I use this product when my lips start drying from overuse of Revlon lipbutters.

I see negative reviews about the scent, but it's fine for me. It's a slight menthol scent and not offending. I've tried tons of drugstore products and can be sensitive to the scents (like I can't wear certain drugstore blushes bc they totally smell like moth balls), but this product was fine. It's not flavored so maybe don't use if you will miss fruit flavored lip products, but it's fine otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Ultrame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this from A limited edition Birchbox Finds box. It can in Sheer Caramel, and I actually like the color more than I expected to when I first opened it. Goes on really smoothly and feels silky. Leaves a nice shine to my lips and I like that it is nude so that I can still wear it over my lip stain. I don't know that I will buy it at full price, but I might.