Nivea A Kiss of Care & Color

3.7

on 9/2/2015 3:07:00 PM

I have this in Sheer Crimson, pretty good when you don't want to go all out red, Berry Swirl, ok but not much color and finally Sheer Berry which I absolutely love. It's my go to pop of color for the summer and there's not much you can't wear with it. Not too dark for the warmer months when clothes tend to be more colorful, and beautiful in the colder months. Keeps my lips soft and I seldom have to look for Carmex or one of the other cold weather lip balms.

I am an NW20 and so happy I decided to try these, absolutely perfect anytime.

on 8/7/2015 8:00:00 PM

This was terrible. After trying it I immediately regret buying this. I bought the pink one and after testing it on my lips and on my hand I couldnt get any color out of it, at least anything that would even be noticeable. Also, they are not very moisturizing and they smell and taste like cough medicine, so gross!

Pros
-packaging is sturdy

cons
-not moisturizing
-no color
-tastes like medicine
-smells like medicine

What a waste of money!!! I normally love nivea lip products but this was a total fail.

on 2/9/2015 10:08:00 AM

I am around a MAC NC 35 shade, Asian Pacific Islander. This is called sheer coral. I am not a fan of bright, bold lip color in general, but this is relatively neutral and there is no need for a mirror when applying. If you apply lightly it looks natural with a subtle hint of color, and it is not glossy or shiny but rather moistly matte. Scent is relatively unobtrusive in comparison to other nivea products.

on 12/26/2014 11:17:00 AM

I'm a tinted lip balm freak so I had to try this one, but it took me a while to break down and finally get it. I'd seen swatches online that the crimson shade was more a warm or borderline brick red (albeit sheer), which I love, and it definitely is, so I'm pleased with that.
The formula is nice and moisturizing, too. I'm not crazy about the scent -- it's kind of the typical Nivea lip balm scent, to me, which isn't bad, but it isn't great either. Yes, the scents do vary a bit, but most do smell somewhat perfume-y and borderline soapy and slightly herbal. It's more a factory interpretation of herbal versus what you'd find in the garden. It's a fragrance that I think would work better as a hand lotion rather than a lip tint.
I don't detect much of a taste, but I really try not to lick my lips much anyways. It is a bit perfumey and slightly herbal as well, with a hint of menthol (which is an ingredient). I'd prefer it without the menthol, as I find it drying in winter, but this might be a nice one for spring or summer when I feel less of a need to keep lips moist.
The packaging is nice; it has that "click" that makes it feel like the tube is securely closed. You do get a generous amount of product for the $3 to $5 price. (Plus it's often on sale at drugstores.)
Again, I love the color -- I love that it's not just some power pink or barely there shade. You can use a swipe for a very natural look or apply a bit more and get real color without it veering into lipstick opacity. My main wish is it were a bit more subtle in the scent and flavor department, but otherwise it's a great little lip tint.
Udpate (3/3/15): I actually ended up returning this. The scent was too intense and I actually found it to be too distracting and somewhat drying.

on 12/14/2014 9:57:00 PM

I purchased this in the color sheer berry and the soft pink one. I enjoy both, but i adore the sheer berry. It moisturizes well, leaves a great color (a cranberry/wine/pink color that isn't opaque, but pigmented) and feels great on! It has some menthol, which I do enjoy. It feels refreshing on the lips! I love tinted balms, and color that isn't sonopaque, and this is perfect for me! Def planning to buy more :)

on 10/6/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

All I'm going to say is Love, Love, Love!!! Its perfect for me. I don't put on makeup, so its just the right amount color, and protection... Thank You Nivea for a Great Lip Conditioner. Its the Best Ever!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this on a whim, like most of my lip products, at the drugstore.
I'm a big fan of other Nivea lip balms, but this one just doesn't do it for me.
I don't feel like it moisturizes as well as the others (or at all). Yeah, the color is nice and definitely very sheer, but it does add some life to my face if my lips are looking particularly pale.
It has a strange smell to it. Reminds me of old lady lipstick.

I feel like Nivea could have done a lot better than this.

on 3/24/2014 12:18:00 PM

I hate wearing lipstick and gloss , but i like tinted lip balms. i got the sheer coral one , it has more pink than orange in it , but its still nice. it has menthol in it , its refreshing to use when my lips are burning from being chapped . alot of the color transfered on my soda can , but thats expected . it moisturzes well.

on 3/21/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have the Sheer Crimson shade.

This is my "red lipstick." (Yes, I'm that color-shy--although I also have naturally highly-pigmented lips.) Just a touch of color and some shine, lasts a long time for this type of product. Great balm texture, not too waxy or sticky. My only complaints have to do with the packaging. I'd like it to look a little more glamorous, but of course that's a lot to expect from a drugstore lip balm. More importantly, when you swivel it up, it doesn't stay swiveled up--it goes back down when you press it against your lips. Very frustrating. But still, I love it enough that I got a couple more as backups when I saw it on sale.

This review is for the color "sheer pink." It gives a sheer baby pink tint, nothing too noticeable but I like that. On cracked dry lips, the pink shows up in the cracks so exfoliation is necessary. The slight menthol feel is an added bonus IMO. Its moisturizing but not repair status. Overall I like it for everyday use.