August 27, 2014 | 1769 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sez1988

After reading all the reviews I was excited to give this a go but also apprehensive about how actually amazing this product has been claimed to be. But sure enough it is not a lie! This stuff is AMAZING! my make up looks AMAZING! My makeup looks like something out of a magazine. Please keep making this Almay, I have found my HG primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just one of those products I bought for the hell of it, because I was looking for a cc cream and a primer but I didn't want a cc cream with tint or shades in it-so I came across this at the drugstore, and I trust almay because I use their eyeliner and other products and was always satisfied. So, I bought it. I kinda thought it was weird looking first few times i wore it under my Revlon colorstay foundation or my Kat Von d lock it foundation, but I was like whatever i'll wear it. I was getting so many compliments on my skin (which i RARELY do)..and thought it was more related to me going to the gym, or eating better...but it wasn't lol. I realized it was THIS. My skin looks amazing with this on under my foundation! It feels good- not heavy, not greasy, not hard to use. It's a pump bottle so even more brownie points. It makes my makeup stay on longer, skin tone more even, and I GLOW! LOVE LOVE LOVE and will get for the rest of my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by msbeaverhousen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect primer for my dry, dull, sensitive skin. I live in CA where it's hot as all hell during the summer, and I work in a hot restaurant 10+ hours a day. This is the only primer that truely makes my foundation last thru sweat/humidity/insanity. It has a light lotiony feel, and goes over sunscreen flawlessly. Even without ss I don't need a moisturizer under this. It does leave a light pinkish cast, but on my NW20 skin it isn't overly noticeable even without foundation. No breakouts and I love the pump, will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh my goodness yes! this is just beautiful on my dull dry skin, makes me look glowy and hydrated and i do notice a little longer wear in my foundation. this is awsome please check this out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is only the second primer I've ever tried so I don't have much to compare it to, but it's an excellent product as far as I can tell. I've been using it daily for the past week and haven't seen any breakouts. It keeps my disgustingly greasy skin looking much more matte, which of course means my foundation lasts a lot longer. The slightly white cast it leaves on the skin isn't visible once you put your foundation on top. I love the hygienic pump too. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product, so it's a definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Lexie410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I freaking LOVE this stuff. I've been using this for several months and still have half left. I usually have the worst luck with primers. They always make my makeup feel heavy or break me out with that big, nasty, cystic acne. Not this. My skin is soft with a nice glow all day long. It keeps my oily skin at bay and I don't get a single breakout from this product. I recently forgot to apply this one day and my skin looked so dull and lifeless without this. I will buy this again and again! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

This product is fantastic. Despite its purpose as a primer--I use it as sunscreen too. I have olive toned skin and I'm darker toned right now because its summer and I've been using tan in a can. Anyway, I apply 2-3 pumps of this primer (it says use a small pea sized amount on the directions so obviously I use way too much but i use it as sunscreen) and smear it all over my face including under and on eyelids as well as my neck. Yes, it goes on with this weird light pink cast, but it dries matte. Next I apply my concealer and dust my face ever so lightly with powder that matches my skintone and I just can't stop looking at my face! It's flawless! No breakouts either just perfect skin. What a great find and I never would've tried it had I not read reviews here first!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MT3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer really does help your make up stay on all day. You need only a tiny drop. I usually mix mine with a drop of Olay regenerating serum (fragrance free). IF you put too much on, it will feel like heavy sunscreen. But if you use a drop, it will perform well for you.

As for the luminescence ... maybe a tiny bit

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by dinadaddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer comes with a pump which is very convenient and is a pale pink/white sheen color. It's smooth and light and that translates well when you put it on your face. It gives an overall bright and awake look w/o looking like a ghost. The pink stands out on your face giving a gentle glow, but doesn't accentuate any harsh pink tones. It has a mild scent that doesn't overpower plus it comes with SPF15. The primer on my face on its own lasts a good while and it has corrected my former much more spotted skin. I've been using this primer with foundations and I find it's one of the best I've used. It gives that glow behind the foundation and also keeps your products on your skin securely. Overall, the primer is a great choice if you want coverage, a light feeling on your skin, and something that keeps your foundation on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by goffbride99

I don't submit many reviews, but after reading good reviews on here, I tried it. OMG! I have tried so many other primers, drugstore and high end, and they have been ok. But this, this is amazing! I have sensitive, combo, acne prone skin with some pitted scarring and this stuff glides over and softens like a dream! And the staying power is awesome. You must try this!!!!