Almay Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer

3.7

Titanium Dioxide (4.3%), Zinc Oxide (3.3%). Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methyl Acetylglycyrrhetinoyl Hydroxyprolinate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Tocopherol, Niacinamide, Methylsilanol Hydroxyproline Aspartate, Lactobacillus, Hydrolyzed Triticum Monococcum Seed Extract, Maltodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Methicone, Xanthan Gum, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77591, 77492, 77499).

on 8/28/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this primer,it evens out skintone,has a slight moisturizing effect, has SPF 15 and gives a healthy glow to skin.It works best with water based foundations and I found that it looks best topped with HD powder.It did make my foundation last all day as well,it does leave a pink tint to skin but was covered completely with my foundation.

on 8/7/2015 6:27:00 PM

I had some mixed emotions about this product. I was looking forward to the luminosity and supposed skin benefits in it; however, when I applied this, it left my skin looking very white and, honestly, not very luminous. I did like how much it smoothed my skin, and oddly I liked how it mattified my skin as well. Unfortunately, like so many products, this did break my skin out terribly. I would recommend this product for just a casual day look- a day where not many photos are being taken but you still want smooth, poreless, and natural-looking skin.

on 8/3/2015 1:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I like that this primer has a chemical-free sunscreen spf 15. I was a bit hesitant to buy it at first because of the pink tint, but the pink doesn't show up AT ALL on my face. It just leaves sort of a "pale" cast on the skin, but my powder foundation covers this completely. I find it to be non-greasy, and fairly lightweight on the skin. Overall, an excellent primer, especially for the price! Highly recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate this. I regret buying it so much that I had to write a review on it.

I don't normally use primers, but I was having issues keeping a new foundation from giving me flaky face so I just picked up the first thing I saw that had decent reviews and wasn't too expensive. I'm not even sure what this product claims to do, as the bottle doesn't really say much, but whatever it was it probably failed.

After using this a couple times with two different foundations, I concluded that this primer actually makes my makeup look WORSE. It pales my skin so much that when I put my foundation on it looks like I'm wearing something two shades too light (which is crazy because I'm already extremely pale). Gross. I also noticed that my foundation looks better if I put it on right after I exfoliate and moisturize; if I put this primer on, the finish is flakier and drier. GROSS. I didn't notice any changes in the longevity of my makeup with this primer. There also isn't anything "luminous" about this; it just makes you look white as a ghost.

So, yeah, again, I really hate this and wish I had bought it from somewhere I could return it. But I guess this might work for you if your foundation is too dark? Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend.

on 7/16/2015 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This broke me out very bad. I didn't start getting cystic acne until I started using this.

on 6/1/2015 10:09:00 AM

Pros: -allows for a smooth foundation application -reasonable price -no fragrance Cons: -white cast even for me (I'm pale) -makeup longevity minimal -only SPF 15 -broke me out like crazy

on 5/17/2015 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a greasy, silicone-y product that gave me an ugly pinkish red tinge to my skin. Unless you have extremely yellow/green undertones to your skin, this can make you look vaguely sunburnt. I get what they were trying to do, but a lilac/green pigment here would have done the job much better. It's also very oily and caused clogged pores for me. I feel like people with super dry, sallow skin types would love this.

on 5/13/2015 9:34:00 PM

I like it, I didn't think I would because of the pink tint and the shimmer. Actually, had I known about that before hand I wouldn't have bought it but I'm glad that I ended up liking it. It's very moisturizing but I still like to put lotion on my face before I apply. I gave this the ultimate test, I used it with a foundation that makes me look disgustingly greasy after about 2 hours of wear, the foundation actually lasts about 6 hours or more with this primer. I was afraid of looking shiny because I'm natrually very oily but it really did just give me a luminous/dewy look without looking like Edward Cullen sparkling in the sun or a greasy person who never washes their face. I'm happy about that because I'm so tired of having to just use matte products which can make you look too dry and much older.

I was afraid of breaking out from this but I don't have anymore acne than usual.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This has a very pinkish colour in the bottle, but fades out on the face. It makes me look paler, but this is fine as I put foundation on top of it. It definitely neutralises my redness, so the CC part of the product works.

It doesn't make my face look any more luminous, unfortunately. I still have to use a foundation with a dewy finish and a highlighter if I want to have a glowy look.

It has a good texture and smooths out my rough patches. It does take some rubbing to fully absorb into the skin, though. I haven't had any sensitivity issues with it, nor does it make me break out.

Overall, it's decent, and definitely helps with redness, but I think that I will be able to find a product that will do a better job. Once I get through the bottle, which is quite large!

The consistency is creamy and thick, has a pinkish/whiteish tint to it and instead of blended into my skin and absorbing, it basically made my entire face appear as though I just took a white piece of chalk and rubbed it all over my face. It settled into my fine lines and pores and made me look completely washed out, MUCH MUCH OLDER, and made my skin look and feel the same texture as snake skin!! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!! Aside from the horrid way in which is made my skin look, the actual feel of it on my face was very heavy, tacky, and stiff. I'm assuming because of the high amount of silicone it in, that's what gave it the "stiff" sort of texture on my skin.

The packaging is simple and with the pinkish color of the cream, is overall appealing. I paid $9.99 for it at Walmart for a 1 OUNCE bottle, which is pretty common for face primers. I can get a MUCH BETTER "correct and illuminate" primer at the same store for about $2 less and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT- it's the Maybelline "Master Prime by FaceStudio Blur & Illuminate." It has a slight pinky "glow" to it and it is also a pink colored cream but absorbs and blends into more of a "gel" feel to it so it's light and isn't heavy at all and gives my face the PERFECT "illuminated" look without looking obvious that I've even put anything on.

Overall, I absolutely would NOT RECOMMEND the Almay Smart Shade CC Luminious Primer and I exchanged it the very next day for the Maybelline Master Primer Blur & Illuminate.
Don't waste your money or time!

Popular Primer/ Correctors