July 31, 2014 | 990 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Lexie410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I freaking LOVE this stuff. I've been using this for several months and still have half left. I usually have the worst luck with primers. They always make my makeup feel heavy or break me out with that big, nasty, cystic acne. Not this. My skin is soft with a nice glow all day long. It keeps my oily skin at bay and I don't get a single breakout from this product. I recently forgot to apply this one day and my skin looked so dull and lifeless without this. I will buy this again and again! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

This product is fantastic. Despite its purpose as a primer--I use it as sunscreen too. I have olive toned skin and I'm darker toned right now because its summer and I've been using tan in a can. Anyway, I apply 2-3 pumps of this primer (it says use a small pea sized amount on the directions so obviously I use way too much but i use it as sunscreen) and smear it all over my face including under and on eyelids as well as my neck. Yes, it goes on with this weird light pink cast, but it dries matte. Next I apply my concealer and dust my face ever so lightly with powder that matches my skintone and I just can't stop looking at my face! It's flawless! No breakouts either just perfect skin. What a great find and I never would've tried it had I not read reviews here first!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MT3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer really does help your make up stay on all day. You need only a tiny drop. I usually mix mine with a drop of Olay regenerating serum (fragrance free). IF you put too much on, it will feel like heavy sunscreen. But if you use a drop, it will perform well for you.

As for the luminescence ... maybe a tiny bit

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by dinadaddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer comes with a pump which is very convenient and is a pale pink/white sheen color. It's smooth and light and that translates well when you put it on your face. It gives an overall bright and awake look w/o looking like a ghost. The pink stands out on your face giving a gentle glow, but doesn't accentuate any harsh pink tones. It has a mild scent that doesn't overpower plus it comes with SPF15. The primer on my face on its own lasts a good while and it has corrected my former much more spotted skin. I've been using this primer with foundations and I find it's one of the best I've used. It gives that glow behind the foundation and also keeps your products on your skin securely. Overall, the primer is a great choice if you want coverage, a light feeling on your skin, and something that keeps your foundation on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by goffbride99

I don't submit many reviews, but after reading good reviews on here, I tried it. OMG! I have tried so many other primers, drugstore and high end, and they have been ok. But this, this is amazing! I have sensitive, combo, acne prone skin with some pitted scarring and this stuff glides over and softens like a dream! And the staying power is awesome. You must try this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

*choir music* I'd seen this before, while scouring the internet for the perfect primer. This was one of the highest rated, and I chose to ignore it because I couldn't believe anything that costs $10, from a drugstore, would work that well. But upon noticing how thin my wallet has been feeling lately, I figured I had nothing to lose. So I bought it. Now, you ladies with pale skin know how hard it is to find the perfect foundation. Nothing is ever light, or cool enough. And once you find it, the last thing you need is for your primer to be throwing off your game. Silicone primers might work well for people who want to plump out those fine lines, but for me, they feel like I'm wearing a velvet veil and after a few hours, my face is orange and cakey. But... This primer feels, looks and smells like a lotion. I put it on, and it felt like I was wearing nothing. I put my concealer, foundation and powder on top, and it all went smoothly on without feeling like I was wearing a 1/4 of makeup. There's no pilling, or dullness, or slipperiness. It's just... Perfect. Like porcelain. I read this could also be used as an eye primer so I put a tiny amount over my eyelids (yes, on top of the foundation and powder that was already there) an it didn't get gross or make weird holes. It just sat on top, and dried quickly into a nice, bright, pale pink color. Which is awesome, and could be used as a highlighter, so that's good to know. I tried it out with some cheap elf eyeshadows, not expecting much, and oh my god! It grabbed both the chalky pink and dark brown I put on top! Elf eyeshadow! So I can't even imagine how well it would work with good shadows! It worked so well, that I actually had a hard time blending out the dark brown, it was staying put so well. And normally that crap just wipes off! I'm amazed and in love.

Also! After a few weeks of wearing this I can tell you: this stuff is california-summer proof, 8 hour workday proof,and relationship proof (I think you know what I mean by that.....)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kourtsnow

I really like this primer.
It evens out my skintone before primer and it helps my foundation stick on for longer as opposed to without primer.
other primers ive used before make my makeup feel heavy and i cant stand feeling makeup on my face.
This primer give a subtle glow which makes your skin look luminous and healthy underneath your foundation.

Really liked this product and will probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by astronaughty

Love this product.

It's slightly pink when you put it on but it works to make your face look glowy and bright WITHOUT sparkle or glitter, which is really hard to do. I don't wear makeup, I just put this on after my moisturizer and finish it off with some translucent powder. I already have good skin so this just "boosts" it by making it look better. Also, I can't speak to how it works with makeup but I live in Miami and even when it's super hot outside, my powder doesn't look like it's melting off when I wear this primer.

I also love that it has mineral sunscreen (SPF 15) because I don't do chemical.

All in all a great product that I would repurchase, but with a coupon! I think it was like $12 at my CVS.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by BBfabgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

For a drugstore primer that gives my face a nice glow while not drying my face out I am not disappointed.

I have dry skin so I usually go for more water based primer and this one was so far a good investment on my part. I cannot speak for oily skin people but for dry skin I think you can't go wrong.

Don't be mislead when you put it on your face and it gives you a white tint. Once you add you foundation it blends in so well and keeps your face look glowy and soft. It doesn't contain glitter so the luminous is subtle where it won't make you look oily. It doesn't smell like anything as well.

Purchase this bad boy at Walt-Mart because they sell it for $9.99 while some other drugstores will sell for $12-13!

This is the first CC product that I've purchased and I look forward to trying some BB or CC creams based on how well this turned out for me. I am running out so I will be re-purchasing this no doubt in my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Dgast4484

when i first read the reviews on this product i was like I MUST TRY IT!!! after using for 2 weeks, i'm happy to say I LOVE IT!! Like below mentioned, its very THICK and i think it can look scary, but it goes on so smooth (yes it leaves a light pink color on your skin) and it smells like SPF (but i like the sent, and it goes away quick) i tried it under my BB cream, tinted moisturizer & foundation. The only time i DIDNT like it is when i mixed it with my BB cream, made my face a funky pink shade (i might have mixed too much CC cream) However, i mixed it with my foundation and it was flawless. i'm so happy to see other glowing reviews. Def will repurchase!!!