September 19, 2014 | 892 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Codyshoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this purely on the good reviews and I love it! The only thing I'm mad about is that I didn't know about this sooner! It's the smoothest primer I've used so easy to spread. I used my staple L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation over the top which on its own is amazing but the staying powder and glow is improved! My skin looks flawless and natural...I don't need to try anything else..I'm done....HG found 💟

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mschristinex

Lately I've been trying out new primers and I decided to pick this little guy off at Target. It was around $8 and I thought it was worth a shot. Now I love the packaging but it's the product inside of it that I don't like. I've been using it for almost three weeks now and it just hasn't been looking good. This product claims to give you a luminous kind of glow on your face but it doesn't show up with my foundation at all. I was kind of hoping this would work so I could skip the highlighter but it didn't. I've also noticed how cakey it makes my face look. I use L'Oreal True Match as my foundation and it never cakes on me same with my Revlon setting powder. So I think I'm just going to finish this product and go find a new primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- has a satin finish
- keeps my makeup lasting for a while
- keeps me less oily
-- doesn't stop my t-zone from getting oily though

Cons:
- leaves a pink-ish cast on my skin
- makes my skintone look more uneven than before
-- my foundation can't cover this up
-- it looks like I bought the wrong undertone of foundation

I have fair yellow-ish skin. When I put on this primer, my face turns ashy pink while the rest of my body is still pretty yellow. My foundation also can't cover this up. In fact, it looks worse with foundation on; I look sick, and it looks as if I bought the most pink foundation in my skin shade. If you have cool-toned skin, use this. If you're warm-toned like me, STAY AWAY FROM THIS.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Bella8556

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does keep your makeup on all day, but as far as a luminous look I didn't see any. I tested it by putting this on one side of my face and asking a couple of friends and they couldn't see any difference whatsoever! I was so disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by patience09

This is my favourite primer so far. I am absolutely in love with it. It makes my foundation look so luminous and glowy and really natural looking and doesn't make my foundation look cakey at all. It also makes my makeup last quite a bit longer, about 12 hours. but I must admit I love it more for the dewiness it gives to my skin. HG primer at the moment. Like most almay products it doesn't make my skin break out either. Would definetly buy it again. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG! I bought this when Ulta was having a 40% off Almay sale. Normally I don't buy Almay due to a bad experience with their Smart Shade lines, but I figured for $8 I don't have much to lose. My skin was looking especially dull due to it being winter, anyways. This stuff keeps my face looking SO unbelievably glowy and my makeup stays on ALL FREAKING DAY with it. It doesn't make my already oily face and oilier either, so that's a plus. Forever re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sez1988

After reading all the reviews I was excited to give this a go but also apprehensive about how actually amazing this product has been claimed to be. But sure enough it is not a lie! This stuff is AMAZING! my make up looks AMAZING! My makeup looks like something out of a magazine. Please keep making this Almay, I have found my HG primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just one of those products I bought for the hell of it, because I was looking for a cc cream and a primer but I didn't want a cc cream with tint or shades in it-so I came across this at the drugstore, and I trust almay because I use their eyeliner and other products and was always satisfied. So, I bought it. I kinda thought it was weird looking first few times i wore it under my Revlon colorstay foundation or my Kat Von d lock it foundation, but I was like whatever i'll wear it. I was getting so many compliments on my skin (which i RARELY do)..and thought it was more related to me going to the gym, or eating better...but it wasn't lol. I realized it was THIS. My skin looks amazing with this on under my foundation! It feels good- not heavy, not greasy, not hard to use. It's a pump bottle so even more brownie points. It makes my makeup stay on longer, skin tone more even, and I GLOW! LOVE LOVE LOVE and will get for the rest of my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by msbeaverhousen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect primer for my dry, dull, sensitive skin. I live in CA where it's hot as all hell during the summer, and I work in a hot restaurant 10+ hours a day. This is the only primer that truely makes my foundation last thru sweat/humidity/insanity. It has a light lotiony feel, and goes over sunscreen flawlessly. Even without ss I don't need a moisturizer under this. It does leave a light pinkish cast, but on my NW20 skin it isn't overly noticeable even without foundation. No breakouts and I love the pump, will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh my goodness yes! this is just beautiful on my dull dry skin, makes me look glowy and hydrated and i do notice a little longer wear in my foundation. this is awsome please check this out!