October 21, 2014 | 1229 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand this product or all the glowing reviews. I should mention up front that I'm not a fan of primers in general as I don't have a problem with my makeup lasting (so primers are generally a waste of time) and usually the silicone base in them makes my skin all flakey. But I thought I'd try this product anyway because of the SPF and all the claims about luminosity which hey, at 40 I really can't say No to. Well, I am very underwhelmed. The colour of this is SO pale and pink-y that even at NC15, I can barely pull this off. Second, where's the luminosity? Not anywhere on my skin! Third, here in Canada this product is not rated for SPF and I didn't realize that until after I bought it, so I'm not sure if it's same protection as in the US. So overall I think this product was a waste of money. On the plus side, I do like the hygienic and simple pump packaging (though I would prefer plastic to glass), the lack of fragrance (not sure what the reviewer below is referring to... I have a very sensitive nose and usually notice and object to scented stuff), and the fact this doesn't make my skin flakey. This just doesn't.... do anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Dolly94

I absolutley love this primer, makes my makeup stay for max up to 8 hrs, which is not bad for a drugstore primer. I use it everyday, and do not have any complaints, love the packaging, the size, overall package is good. Love the finish it gives, and the overall fresh look. I will repurchase it again!! 😊

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Scalata

No one has mentioned the smell, it's gross. This primer has absolutely no pleasant scent to it. When placing on my face it felt sticky and uncomfortable afterwards, even with foundation. It was as if I had to blot or wash my face because it felt kind of dirty. It definitely does have a pink tint to it & it didn't go well with the yellow undertone I have.
Overall, il stick to my prime & pore less from benefit.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Itrain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

this make me break out and also flake ALOT and did not increase wear of my foundation; some even went patchy/sat on top despite both having silicon bases? very strange and I will never buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

Great primer. I was using the Mary Kay primer and Youngblood foundation before this, and I felt like half way through the day my make up would ware off and my real skin color would come through (I self tan and my face is lighter). At first I thought it was my foundation. But I purchased this primer and bam!! My face color last all day !!!! I love that it's a CC as well, it does a great job of neutralizing the red in my face. The sunscreen doesn't shine through , so you're not white. I picked it up at ulta, was $11.50, but I had a &3.50 off coupon. Glass bottle with a pump dispenser. A single pump covers my whole face, so this should last a while. Even at $11.50 this product is way worth it. Highly highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I adore this product! It went on my skin very smoothly and absorbed well! It kept my makeup looking fresh all day! I was worried that it would make my skin look oily since it is a luminous primer, but that was not the case at all; instead it gave me a nice glow! I would recommend this product to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hooray for pumps! I get so grossed out by anything I have to stick my fingers into. So pumps and squeeze tubes are my friend. This primer doesn't make me luminous which is a bit disappointing, but it does keep my foundation on for over 9 hours! The hold is seriously fantastic and not what I expected at all. It does come out pinkish, but since I do a full coverage routine you cant see it. Plus I like that it's pink because I can see that I have it everywhere. If you need a drugstore primer for oily, acne prone skin, give this a shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my goodness. It's so good. The texture, the packaging, the sunscreen, the brightness it adds...but there is one thing Almay either forgot or just does not care about. It comes in only 1 shade and it's pearly pink! Get smart Almay! Why did you not develop a pink, a peach, a tan? Thankfully I am NC40/42 and can get away with this because I use just a few drops and cover with my foundation but this could have been so much more. Yes, a few tiny drops from the (very clever) dispenser keeps the product clean and easy to control. I spread it on after moisturizer and then brush on foundation and voila - glowing skin. The bottle is large enough to last a long time and I am thrilled. Just please do the right thing Almay and develop this for ALL the undertones and don't forget the richly hued ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by juyahna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh. my. god. I just bought this today while looking up makeup alley reviews while shopping ;) I was pretty skeptical about how well it would work and questioning is it really THAT good?? And why yes, yes it is. I have horribly dry skin that my makeup loves to adhere to and create these ugly dry patches throughout the first few hours of wear. I love dewy foundation but I have yet to find one that doesn't end up looking oily after several hours. I put this on & honestly you can't wear this without foundation. For someone looking for something to just give them a glow on a bare face, this is not it. & this was not created for that :) When used as intended, under foundation, it's A M A Z I N G. As soon as I put my foundation on over the top, I literally said "My skin looks freaking amazing" out loud. Words that never come out of my mouth, as my skin without this stuff is not amazing in the slightest. It looks PERFECTLY dewy, not oily at all, but just a healthy beautiful glow. It also makes my makeup look more flawless (maybe because it's so much more moisturized with this stuff?). If you're thinking if you need this, you do!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Codyshoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this purely on the good reviews and I love it! The only thing I'm mad about is that I didn't know about this sooner! It's the smoothest primer I've used so easy to spread. I used my staple L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation over the top which on its own is amazing but the staying powder and glow is improved! My skin looks flawless and natural...I don't need to try anything else..I'm done....HG found 💟