Almay Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer

3.6

Titanium Dioxide (4.3%), Zinc Oxide (3.3%). Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methyl Acetylglycyrrhetinoyl Hydroxyprolinate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Tocopherol, Niacinamide, Methylsilanol Hydroxyproline Aspartate, Lactobacillus, Hydrolyzed Triticum Monococcum Seed Extract, Maltodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Methicone, Xanthan Gum, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77591, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I bought this for the natural sunscreen ingredients. It does make skin look a tad paler, but foundation or bronzer helps with that. Chemical sunscreens may protect skin from UV damage such as wrinkles and hyper pigmentation and burning but, they may be linked to increased skin cancer. No thanks, I'll stick with the imperfect natural ingredients. Zinc is a very white and opaque product. This is not bad under foundation at all, but by the end of the day it makes my skin look a little drier than normal. At my age, I'm trying to avoid any more sun damage. I tried Badger and Avalon Organics sunscreen for faces and this was much more wearable and natural looking. Fine for everyday running around, working around the yard, etc. Personally, I'd skip it for a special occasion.

PROS:
Does not break me out
Does not irritate my sensitive skin
Has SPF 15

CONS:
Does not really do anything else???

I don't notice any actual "complexion correcting" occurring when I use this, as the product claims. No noticeable brightening. It does not improve the application or wear of my foundation. And most unfortunate of all, I have begun to find that it clings to dry patches on my skin.

This stuff made my face and foundation look AWFUL. Since I tend to be ultra sensitive and dry, I thought a luminizing primer would be beneficial. Not so. Made 3 different foundationa look like all gross and "separated". Did not finish and will not buy again.

I like this primer,it evens out skintone,has a slight moisturizing effect, has SPF 15 and gives a healthy glow to skin.It works best with water based foundations and I found that it looks best topped with HD powder.It did make my foundation last all day as well,it does leave a pink tint to skin but was covered completely with my foundation.

I had some mixed emotions about this product. I was looking forward to the luminosity and supposed skin benefits in it; however, when I applied this, it left my skin looking very white and, honestly, not very luminous. I did like how much it smoothed my skin, and oddly I liked how it mattified my skin as well. Unfortunately, like so many products, this did break my skin out terribly. I would recommend this product for just a casual day look- a day where not many photos are being taken but you still want smooth, poreless, and natural-looking skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I like that this primer has a chemical-free sunscreen spf 15. I was a bit hesitant to buy it at first because of the pink tint, but the pink doesn't show up AT ALL on my face. It just leaves sort of a "pale" cast on the skin, but my powder foundation covers this completely. I find it to be non-greasy, and fairly lightweight on the skin. Overall, an excellent primer, especially for the price! Highly recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate this. I regret buying it so much that I had to write a review on it.

I don't normally use primers, but I was having issues keeping a new foundation from giving me flaky face so I just picked up the first thing I saw that had decent reviews and wasn't too expensive. I'm not even sure what this product claims to do, as the bottle doesn't really say much, but whatever it was it probably failed.

After using this a couple times with two different foundations, I concluded that this primer actually makes my makeup look WORSE. It pales my skin so much that when I put my foundation on it looks like I'm wearing something two shades too light (which is crazy because I'm already extremely pale). Gross. I also noticed that my foundation looks better if I put it on right after I exfoliate and moisturize; if I put this primer on, the finish is flakier and drier. GROSS. I didn't notice any changes in the longevity of my makeup with this primer. There also isn't anything "luminous" about this; it just makes you look white as a ghost.

So, yeah, again, I really hate this and wish I had bought it from somewhere I could return it. But I guess this might work for you if your foundation is too dark? Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This broke me out very bad. I didn't start getting cystic acne until I started using this.

Pros: -allows for a smooth foundation application -reasonable price -no fragrance Cons: -white cast even for me (I'm pale) -makeup longevity minimal -only SPF 15 -broke me out like crazy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a greasy, silicone-y product that gave me an ugly pinkish red tinge to my skin. Unless you have extremely yellow/green undertones to your skin, this can make you look vaguely sunburnt. I get what they were trying to do, but a lilac/green pigment here would have done the job much better. It's also very oily and caused clogged pores for me. I feel like people with super dry, sallow skin types would love this.

Popular Primer/ Correctors