September 30, 2014 | 1007 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

Great primer. I was using the Mary Kay primer and Youngblood foundation before this, and I felt like half way through the day my make up would ware off and my real skin color would come through (I self tan and my face is lighter). At first I thought it was my foundation. But I purchased this primer and bam!! My face color last all day !!!! I love that it's a CC as well, it does a great job of neutralizing the red in my face. The sunscreen doesn't shine through , so you're not white. I picked it up at ulta, was $11.50, but I had a &3.50 off coupon. Glass bottle with a pump dispenser. A single pump covers my whole face, so this should last a while. Even at $11.50 this product is way worth it. Highly highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I adore this product! It went on my skin very smoothly and absorbed well! It kept my makeup looking fresh all day! I was worried that it would make my skin look oily since it is a luminous primer, but that was not the case at all; instead it gave me a nice glow! I would recommend this product to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hooray for pumps! I get so grossed out by anything I have to stick my fingers into. So pumps and squeeze tubes are my friend. This primer doesn't make me luminous which is a bit disappointing, but it does keep my foundation on for over 9 hours! The hold is seriously fantastic and not what I expected at all. It does come out pinkish, but since I do a full coverage routine you cant see it. Plus I like that it's pink because I can see that I have it everywhere. If you need a drugstore primer for oily, acne prone skin, give this a shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my goodness. It's so good. The texture, the packaging, the sunscreen, the brightness it adds...but there is one thing Almay either forgot or just does not care about. It comes in only 1 shade and it's pearly pink! Get smart Almay! Why did you not develop a pink, a peach, a tan? Thankfully I am NC40/42 and can get away with this because I use just a few drops and cover with my foundation but this could have been so much more. Yes, a few tiny drops from the (very clever) dispenser keeps the product clean and easy to control. I spread it on after moisturizer and then brush on foundation and voila - glowing skin. The bottle is large enough to last a long time and I am thrilled. Just please do the right thing Almay and develop this for ALL the undertones and don't forget the richly hued ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by juyahna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh. my. god. I just bought this today while looking up makeup alley reviews while shopping ;) I was pretty skeptical about how well it would work and questioning is it really THAT good?? And why yes, yes it is. I have horribly dry skin that my makeup loves to adhere to and create these ugly dry patches throughout the first few hours of wear. I love dewy foundation but I have yet to find one that doesn't end up looking oily after several hours. I put this on & honestly you can't wear this without foundation. For someone looking for something to just give them a glow on a bare face, this is not it. & this was not created for that :) When used as intended, under foundation, it's A M A Z I N G. As soon as I put my foundation on over the top, I literally said "My skin looks freaking amazing" out loud. Words that never come out of my mouth, as my skin without this stuff is not amazing in the slightest. It looks PERFECTLY dewy, not oily at all, but just a healthy beautiful glow. It also makes my makeup look more flawless (maybe because it's so much more moisturized with this stuff?). If you're thinking if you need this, you do!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Codyshoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this purely on the good reviews and I love it! The only thing I'm mad about is that I didn't know about this sooner! It's the smoothest primer I've used so easy to spread. I used my staple L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder Foundation over the top which on its own is amazing but the staying powder and glow is improved! My skin looks flawless and natural...I don't need to try anything else..I'm done....HG found 💟

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mschristinex

Lately I've been trying out new primers and I decided to pick this little guy off at Target. It was around $8 and I thought it was worth a shot. Now I love the packaging but it's the product inside of it that I don't like. I've been using it for almost three weeks now and it just hasn't been looking good. This product claims to give you a luminous kind of glow on your face but it doesn't show up with my foundation at all. I was kind of hoping this would work so I could skip the highlighter but it didn't. I've also noticed how cakey it makes my face look. I use L'Oreal True Match as my foundation and it never cakes on me same with my Revlon setting powder. So I think I'm just going to finish this product and go find a new primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- has a satin finish
- keeps my makeup lasting for a while
- keeps me less oily
-- doesn't stop my t-zone from getting oily though

Cons:
- leaves a pink-ish cast on my skin
- makes my skintone look more uneven than before
-- my foundation can't cover this up
-- it looks like I bought the wrong undertone of foundation

I have fair yellow-ish skin. When I put on this primer, my face turns ashy pink while the rest of my body is still pretty yellow. My foundation also can't cover this up. In fact, it looks worse with foundation on; I look sick, and it looks as if I bought the most pink foundation in my skin shade. If you have cool-toned skin, use this. If you're warm-toned like me, STAY AWAY FROM THIS.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Bella8556

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does keep your makeup on all day, but as far as a luminous look I didn't see any. I tested it by putting this on one side of my face and asking a couple of friends and they couldn't see any difference whatsoever! I was so disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by patience09

This is my favourite primer so far. I am absolutely in love with it. It makes my foundation look so luminous and glowy and really natural looking and doesn't make my foundation look cakey at all. It also makes my makeup last quite a bit longer, about 12 hours. but I must admit I love it more for the dewiness it gives to my skin. HG primer at the moment. Like most almay products it doesn't make my skin break out either. Would definetly buy it again. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product.