Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde

4.6

on 8/27/2015 2:25:00 PM

My fave brow product yet! I absolutely love this and it has lots of product in the container. I formerly used the pencil by Anastasia but I found that was too expensive considering how quickly it ran out. So upon going into Sephora I was very excited to find this new product and have loved the way it works. I love the color that it comes out it absolutely lovely and if you apply it with a lighter hand it would work for all shades of blonde. I most surely recommend this product as the price range is also fair I believe it was $23.

I am a fan of Anastasia brow wiz pencil so with all the hype surrounding this product I decided to try it out as well. Initially I didn't like it as much as the pencil but after some experimenting with it I like it better! The color is fantastic for blondes, not too warm toned or ashy. This is the method I have used that gives me the best result:
First I apply a clear gel to my brows to tame them a bit. Then I use my ELF angled eyeliner brush and outline my brows using long strokes starting from the inner part and working outward. I go back in and fill in the inside using the same technique, long strokes starting from the inner part and working outward. The result is natural looking brows that last all day. I highly recommend using a small angled liner brush with this. I bought the straight cut flat liner brush from Anastasia (not sure of the name) to use with this and I did not like the result because the brush was too big and it wasn't as precise as I like. I like this better than the brow wiz because of the natural finish and it is a better value. I paid about $20 for this and for that amount you get a lot of product. I've had this for over 6 months and barely made a dent in it. Highly recommended and I will definitely repurchase. The only con I can think of is it is more time consuming to apply then a pencil or powder so I use pencil if I am in a rush.

on 8/26/2015 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG BROW PRODUCT! This is AMAZING, it blends beautifully with my brow colour (medium blonde hair) and lasts such a long time. I bought this in December 2014 and I am only half way through the pot, which makes it good value for money. I apply it with an angled brush, which works well. I used to use Benefit Brow Zings for years but this is much better.

on 8/5/2015 11:00:00 PM

Love this product! I over-plucked in my teens and unfortunately I now have extremely thin eyebrows. Thanks 90's fashion! Lol. This product is easy to use and apply. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on how to apply it and that helped me get a good technique down. I use a MAC 266 brush and it works amazingly. This is one of my holy grail products for sure!

on 6/24/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This isn't a bad product but neither is it great. It's challenging for me to apply because of its dry texture. I've only had the Dipbrow for like two months and it's already pretty dried out, almost to the point of being almost powdery.

I should also mention that I think Dipbrow's cost is excessive as compared to its quality, particularly its short shelf life.

Truthfully I think calling this product a pomade to begin with is highly inaccurate. It really should be called a paste. I like the color (am a medium blond) but when I run out I'm going to try Armani's new brow product.

on 6/20/2015 1:04:00 PM

I love love love Anastasia dipbrow pomade in blonde!! once I started using this, I don't want to use pencil eyebrow liner that I used to use anymore! It's such a long lasting,when I delivered a baby at a hospital, IT LASTED 2 AND A HALF DAY or even more.When I rub my brow accidentally by my hand it does not goes away like a pencil liner .Great color,even if I have a black hair I am using and obsessed with blonde,it goes with black hair very well. I also got taupe but never tried to use it yet but I'm sure it will goes with black hair too. Price is so worth to buy,it last so long.But I also have to agree with this one is not newbie friendly,but once I used to get to use this, it's not that difficult to use that why I keep using this. Anastasia is clueltly free bland so you can find cute bunny icon on product,it make me feel even so much better! We never need furry friend's sacrifice....

on 5/23/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am someone who has been blessed with the wolfenbraue, or wolf's brow, for those that don't speak German. As such, I really don't need a lot to enhance my brow, but I bought into the hype when these first came out and I was disappointed for several reasons outside of the "this is way too much" camp.

The product itself is a waxy, but soft gel. It spreads easily enough with a brush, but it is extremely pigmented so you only need a little on your brush to disperse through your brows. The product is best used when creating the shape of the brow you'd like (both top and bottom, though using the most pigment in the middle outwards, and then going back inwards with a lighter hand or less of the product). Then, with a very, very light touch, going in to fill your brows. If you use too much, you can look Groucho Marx-y real quick.

In addition to this being overwhelming for me, I noticed the lasting power on it was lacking. Within 3-4 hours of wear, I could see wear and tear on it and the product had all but disappeared. I don't have oily brows or skin--in fact, I have the contrary, so to see it disappear, I was kind of shocked.

I tried it as an eyeliner as well (when it first came out, it suggested you could use the product as such), but it is way too soft of a product for that and transfers very easily to the lower waterline, lids, and even brow bone.

I will not be purchasing this again, though, I suspect my experience is not exactly the norm. I'd prefer something far less fussy.

Pros:

- Pigmented
- Soft
- Variety of colors available

Cons:

- Not for those with well defined brows
- Not long lasting
- Not great for multi-tasking uses (eyeliner)
- Very steep learning curve for the product, not newbie friendly
- Time consuming

This is an okay product, but not my favorite. If you want a more natural look, there are powders and pencils out there that work better, and if you want a more intense, long lasting, crisp look, there are products like MUFE's Aqua Brow or the NYX brow gel that work better. This is just kind of an in between product that I feel is a little too hyped up and over priced. It's just okay. By the time that I build up the pigmentation to the point where it actually fills in my sparse areas, the product looks way too dark, even on my fairly dark blonde brows. It also isn't all that long lasting or smudge proof on my skin and brows compared to other products. It's also not the easiest to work with and seems to dry out in the pot fairly fast. I've used this in both the Blonde and Taupe shades, and while it's okay, I just don't feel like it's anything special.

on 5/3/2015 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The first time I used this I picked up way too much product on the brush, but once I figured out how to do it properly it became easy and looked great. I get compliments on my brows now that I use this product. I feel like the pot will last a long time considering how little it takes to do the job. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 4/22/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bit of a more natural colour from ABH. It was very cool toned grey colour and more natural than the Auburn colour but still it dried up quickly and was difficult to work with and control how much product the brush i think its the number 12? picked up. Not a fan unfortunately. MAC fluid line gel cremes are much better.

Popular Brows Products