Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde

4.6

on 6/24/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This isn't a bad product but neither is it great. It's challenging for me to apply because of its dry texture. I've only had the Dipbrow for like two months and it's already pretty dried out, almost to the point of being almost powdery.

I should also mention that I think Dipbrow's cost is excessive as compared to its quality, particularly its short shelf life.

Truthfully I think calling this product a pomade to begin with is highly inaccurate. It really should be called a paste. I like the color (am a medium blond) but when I run out I'm going to try Armani's new brow product.

on 6/20/2015 1:04:00 PM

I love love love Anastasia dipbrow pomade in blonde!! once I started using this, I don't want to use pencil eyebrow liner that I used to use anymore! It's such a long lasting,when I delivered a baby at a hospital, IT LASTED 2 AND A HALF DAY or even more.When I rub my brow accidentally by my hand it does not goes away like a pencil liner .Great color,even if I have a black hair I am using and obsessed with blonde,it goes with black hair very well. I also got taupe but never tried to use it yet but I'm sure it will goes with black hair too. Price is so worth to buy,it last so long.But I also have to agree with this one is not newbie friendly,but once I used to get to use this, it's not that difficult to use that why I keep using this. Anastasia is clueltly free bland so you can find cute bunny icon on product,it make me feel even so much better! We never need furry friend's sacrifice....

on 5/23/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am someone who has been blessed with the wolfenbraue, or wolf's brow, for those that don't speak German. As such, I really don't need a lot to enhance my brow, but I bought into the hype when these first came out and I was disappointed for several reasons outside of the "this is way too much" camp.

The product itself is a waxy, but soft gel. It spreads easily enough with a brush, but it is extremely pigmented so you only need a little on your brush to disperse through your brows. The product is best used when creating the shape of the brow you'd like (both top and bottom, though using the most pigment in the middle outwards, and then going back inwards with a lighter hand or less of the product). Then, with a very, very light touch, going in to fill your brows. If you use too much, you can look Groucho Marx-y real quick.

In addition to this being overwhelming for me, I noticed the lasting power on it was lacking. Within 3-4 hours of wear, I could see wear and tear on it and the product had all but disappeared. I don't have oily brows or skin--in fact, I have the contrary, so to see it disappear, I was kind of shocked.

I tried it as an eyeliner as well (when it first came out, it suggested you could use the product as such), but it is way too soft of a product for that and transfers very easily to the lower waterline, lids, and even brow bone.

I will not be purchasing this again, though, I suspect my experience is not exactly the norm. I'd prefer something far less fussy.

Pros:

- Pigmented
- Soft
- Variety of colors available

Cons:

- Not for those with well defined brows
- Not long lasting
- Not great for multi-tasking uses (eyeliner)
- Very steep learning curve for the product, not newbie friendly
- Time consuming

This is an okay product, but not my favorite. If you want a more natural look, there are powders and pencils out there that work better, and if you want a more intense, long lasting, crisp look, there are products like MUFE's Aqua Brow or the NYX brow gel that work better. This is just kind of an in between product that I feel is a little too hyped up and over priced. It's just okay. By the time that I build up the pigmentation to the point where it actually fills in my sparse areas, the product looks way too dark, even on my fairly dark blonde brows. It also isn't all that long lasting or smudge proof on my skin and brows compared to other products. It's also not the easiest to work with and seems to dry out in the pot fairly fast. I've used this in both the Blonde and Taupe shades, and while it's okay, I just don't feel like it's anything special.

on 5/3/2015 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The first time I used this I picked up way too much product on the brush, but once I figured out how to do it properly it became easy and looked great. I get compliments on my brows now that I use this product. I feel like the pot will last a long time considering how little it takes to do the job. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 4/22/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bit of a more natural colour from ABH. It was very cool toned grey colour and more natural than the Auburn colour but still it dried up quickly and was difficult to work with and control how much product the brush i think its the number 12? picked up. Not a fan unfortunately. MAC fluid line gel cremes are much better.

on 4/14/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I adore this eyebrow pomade so much, its so easy to apply !!

on 2/9/2015 4:49:00 PM

This is great for defining brows once you get the hang of the application. It doesn't look good if you get too much. Also, it requires a good brush for the application. I bought the Anastasia brush that has an angled brush on one end and a spoolie on the other end and have found I get the best results with that. I do not wear it every single day (don't use it when I'm short on time). But I love it on the days I do use it. Though I have fairly dark hair, I found the blonde shade of this is actually the best match for my natural brows. It's darker than you might think. So take a good look at the colors if you are buying for the first time. Long lasting and keeps brows in place all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG Brow Product

Quantity and Consistency: The amount of product available in this pot is very generous, and the actually texture of it is very unique for something you put on your brows. The constancy is similar to a gel or cream eyeliner and is quite intimidating in first glance. This would be pretty difficult to use for beginners though so maybe try the essence brow designer eyebrow pencil if you're a newbie on filling in your brows.

Anyways, as I have talked about in many other reviews I've done, my eyebrows are very light because of my blonde hair (almost invisible) so even I was intimidated to use this.

Application: I use a flat, thin, and wide eyeliner brush from ELF to outline the perimeter of my brow and then rotating the brush to a vertical angle to make hair-like strokes in the front of my brow. I then go in with the Essence product I mentioned for beginners and use that to fill in the body of my brow. I use the pencil because the dipbrow becomes darker the more you layer the product and that's not an everyday look for me. This is such a long lasting product it will literally amaze you, as well as the amount of product needed to do both of your brows (barely any!).

Recommended to: If you are into sculpted brows this is the product for you, although you can also achieve more of a natural brow with this as well and if you have nonexistent brows this will save your life! They have lots of different shades and although I was a bit scared in the beginning their "Blonde" shade would be to dark for me, it ended up being fine.

Lasting Power: Obviously, the more product you apply the more it will last so if you are applying itty bitty amounts it isn't going to last as long as a heavier brow. Either way this will last a long time!

I love this product and would absolutely recommend it and repurchase it!

on 2/8/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I swear by this product! I bought my first pot from BeautyBay.com about a month ago and it is fantastic. I used to swear by the Benefit 'Browzings' pallet, but Dipbrow has totally won me over! I'm naturally blonde but with darker eyebrows do I've always found it difficult finding a product for my eyebrows that wasn't too light/dark.

I was hesitant on which shade to buy due to having darker eyebrows than my hair so I did quite a bit of research before deciding on this colour, which I have found to be spot on! It's build-able too, so you can go a shade or two darker with it by applying more product.

I love the consistency of this product as it allows for really precise and neat brows that last all day long. Despite this product being slightly pricey at 15.00, I can see this pot lasting me for quite a while, as a little really does go a long way! I couldn't recommend this product enough.

Popular Brows Products