Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde

4.7

This is an okay product, but not my favorite. If you want a more natural look, there are powders and pencils out there that work better, and if you want a more intense, long lasting, crisp look, there are products like MUFE's Aqua Brow or the NYX brow gel that work better. This is just kind of an in between product that I feel is a little too hyped up and over priced. It's just okay. By the time that I build up the pigmentation to the point where it actually fills in my sparse areas, the product looks way too dark, even on my fairly dark blonde brows. It also isn't all that long lasting or smudge proof on my skin and brows compared to other products. It's also not the easiest to work with and seems to dry out in the pot fairly fast. I've used this in both the Blonde and Taupe shades, and while it's okay, I just don't feel like it's anything special.

on 5/3/2015 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The first time I used this I picked up way too much product on the brush, but once I figured out how to do it properly it became easy and looked great. I get compliments on my brows now that I use this product. I feel like the pot will last a long time considering how little it takes to do the job. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 4/22/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bit of a more natural colour from ABH. It was very cool toned grey colour and more natural than the Auburn colour but still it dried up quickly and was difficult to work with and control how much product the brush i think its the number 12? picked up. Not a fan unfortunately. MAC fluid line gel cremes are much better.

on 4/14/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I adore this eyebrow pomade so much, its so easy to apply !!

on 2/9/2015 4:49:00 PM

This is great for defining brows once you get the hang of the application. It doesn't look good if you get too much. Also, it requires a good brush for the application. I bought the Anastasia brush that has an angled brush on one end and a spoolie on the other end and have found I get the best results with that. I do not wear it every single day (don't use it when I'm short on time). But I love it on the days I do use it. Though I have fairly dark hair, I found the blonde shade of this is actually the best match for my natural brows. It's darker than you might think. So take a good look at the colors if you are buying for the first time. Long lasting and keeps brows in place all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG Brow Product

Quantity and Consistency: The amount of product available in this pot is very generous, and the actually texture of it is very unique for something you put on your brows. The constancy is similar to a gel or cream eyeliner and is quite intimidating in first glance. This would be pretty difficult to use for beginners though so maybe try the essence brow designer eyebrow pencil if you're a newbie on filling in your brows.

Anyways, as I have talked about in many other reviews I've done, my eyebrows are very light because of my blonde hair (almost invisible) so even I was intimidated to use this.

Application: I use a flat, thin, and wide eyeliner brush from ELF to outline the perimeter of my brow and then rotating the brush to a vertical angle to make hair-like strokes in the front of my brow. I then go in with the Essence product I mentioned for beginners and use that to fill in the body of my brow. I use the pencil because the dipbrow becomes darker the more you layer the product and that's not an everyday look for me. This is such a long lasting product it will literally amaze you, as well as the amount of product needed to do both of your brows (barely any!).

Recommended to: If you are into sculpted brows this is the product for you, although you can also achieve more of a natural brow with this as well and if you have nonexistent brows this will save your life! They have lots of different shades and although I was a bit scared in the beginning their "Blonde" shade would be to dark for me, it ended up being fine.

Lasting Power: Obviously, the more product you apply the more it will last so if you are applying itty bitty amounts it isn't going to last as long as a heavier brow. Either way this will last a long time!

I love this product and would absolutely recommend it and repurchase it!

on 2/8/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I swear by this product! I bought my first pot from BeautyBay.com about a month ago and it is fantastic. I used to swear by the Benefit 'Browzings' pallet, but Dipbrow has totally won me over! I'm naturally blonde but with darker eyebrows do I've always found it difficult finding a product for my eyebrows that wasn't too light/dark.

I was hesitant on which shade to buy due to having darker eyebrows than my hair so I did quite a bit of research before deciding on this colour, which I have found to be spot on! It's build-able too, so you can go a shade or two darker with it by applying more product.

I love the consistency of this product as it allows for really precise and neat brows that last all day long. Despite this product being slightly pricey at 15.00, I can see this pot lasting me for quite a while, as a little really does go a long way! I couldn't recommend this product enough.

on 1/11/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried so many brow products in my lifetime, and I finally thought I found my perfect brow pencil when I found the brow wiz. Little did I know how perfect the dipbrow pomade is! This product is a total game changer. I use it with the #12 brush, and while I like a bold eyebrow, I keep mine pretty natural and it gives me the perfect balance in-between. While it took some playing around with at first, I found the perfect way that actually makes this product simple as can be. I am I "dyed blonde" with darker eyebrows and layering the blonde shade over is perfect for me that softens my brows without looking unnatural. I work at Ulta and many people compliment my eyebrows and after recommending this product to people, 9 times out of 10 they purchase it.

The ONLY thing I can find wrong with it is that the color selection is very limited. While it works for me, I can see where if you had very light brows or a very specific color that they would not work. Most of their shades tend to be a red-toned color, while I know that some people don't fit into that category.

Everyone needs this product in their life!

on 1/9/2015 9:48:00 AM

I love this. I have natural ash blonde hair and light brown, thick eyebrows (I also have dark eyelashes). In spite of that, the blonde shade works really well for me. I use it in the sparser areas of my brows, and it works better for me for that purpose than the brow wiz, which I also love. I use the Anastasia #12 brush, and apply it in light strokes.

on 12/27/2014 2:51:00 PM

I LOVE this product! Previously, I have used Anastasia's brow powder duo, the brow wiz, and Chanel's eyebrow pencil. This just stomps them all out.

It took me a long time to try this because I kept seeing reviews on YouTube where the girls' brows were very drag. That seems to be a big fad right now, and I'm not about it. I like naturally sculpted brows. Then I saw a brow tutorial by pixiwoo and knew I had to try it! I'm so glad I did! This has eliminated the need for a brow gel as it lasts perfectly all day long. It also does not require me to repurchase every 1.5 months like the brow wiz. You can create natural eyebrows fairly quickly. The brush strokes look like individual hairs, not like I've drawn on or colored in my brows!

Popular Brows Products