Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde

4.9

on 2/9/2015 4:49:00 PM

This is great for defining brows once you get the hang of the application. It doesn't look good if you get too much. Also, it requires a good brush for the application. I bought the Anastasia brush that has an angled brush on one end and a spoolie on the other end and have found I get the best results with that. I do not wear it every single day (don't use it when I'm short on time). But I love it on the days I do use it. Though I have fairly dark hair, I found the blonde shade of this is actually the best match for my natural brows. It's darker than you might think. So take a good look at the colors if you are buying for the first time. Long lasting and keeps brows in place all day.

HG Brow Product

Quantity and Consistency: The amount of product available in this pot is very generous, and the actually texture of it is very unique for something you put on your brows. The constancy is similar to a gel or cream eyeliner and is quite intimidating in first glance. This would be pretty difficult to use for beginners though so maybe try the essence brow designer eyebrow pencil if you're a newbie on filling in your brows.

Anyways, as I have talked about in many other reviews I've done, my eyebrows are very light because of my blonde hair (almost invisible) so even I was intimidated to use this.

Application: I use a flat, thin, and wide eyeliner brush from ELF to outline the perimeter of my brow and then rotating the brush to a vertical angle to make hair-like strokes in the front of my brow. I then go in with the Essence product I mentioned for beginners and use that to fill in the body of my brow. I use the pencil because the dipbrow becomes darker the more you layer the product and that's not an everyday look for me. This is such a long lasting product it will literally amaze you, as well as the amount of product needed to do both of your brows (barely any!).

Recommended to: If you are into sculpted brows this is the product for you, although you can also achieve more of a natural brow with this as well and if you have nonexistent brows this will save your life! They have lots of different shades and although I was a bit scared in the beginning their "Blonde" shade would be to dark for me, it ended up being fine.

Lasting Power: Obviously, the more product you apply the more it will last so if you are applying itty bitty amounts it isn't going to last as long as a heavier brow. Either way this will last a long time!

I love this product and would absolutely recommend it and repurchase it!

on 2/8/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I swear by this product! I bought my first pot from BeautyBay.com about a month ago and it is fantastic. I used to swear by the Benefit 'Browzings' pallet, but Dipbrow has totally won me over! I'm naturally blonde but with darker eyebrows do I've always found it difficult finding a product for my eyebrows that wasn't too light/dark.

I was hesitant on which shade to buy due to having darker eyebrows than my hair so I did quite a bit of research before deciding on this colour, which I have found to be spot on! It's build-able too, so you can go a shade or two darker with it by applying more product.

I love the consistency of this product as it allows for really precise and neat brows that last all day long. Despite this product being slightly pricey at 15.00, I can see this pot lasting me for quite a while, as a little really does go a long way! I couldn't recommend this product enough.

on 1/11/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried so many brow products in my lifetime, and I finally thought I found my perfect brow pencil when I found the brow wiz. Little did I know how perfect the dipbrow pomade is! This product is a total game changer. I use it with the #12 brush, and while I like a bold eyebrow, I keep mine pretty natural and it gives me the perfect balance in-between. While it took some playing around with at first, I found the perfect way that actually makes this product simple as can be. I am I "dyed blonde" with darker eyebrows and layering the blonde shade over is perfect for me that softens my brows without looking unnatural. I work at Ulta and many people compliment my eyebrows and after recommending this product to people, 9 times out of 10 they purchase it.

The ONLY thing I can find wrong with it is that the color selection is very limited. While it works for me, I can see where if you had very light brows or a very specific color that they would not work. Most of their shades tend to be a red-toned color, while I know that some people don't fit into that category.

Everyone needs this product in their life!

on 1/9/2015 9:48:00 AM

I love this. I have natural ash blonde hair and light brown, thick eyebrows (I also have dark eyelashes). In spite of that, the blonde shade works really well for me. I use it in the sparser areas of my brows, and it works better for me for that purpose than the brow wiz, which I also love. I use the Anastasia #12 brush, and apply it in light strokes.

on 12/27/2014 2:51:00 PM

I LOVE this product! Previously, I have used Anastasia's brow powder duo, the brow wiz, and Chanel's eyebrow pencil. This just stomps them all out.

It took me a long time to try this because I kept seeing reviews on YouTube where the girls' brows were very drag. That seems to be a big fad right now, and I'm not about it. I like naturally sculpted brows. Then I saw a brow tutorial by pixiwoo and knew I had to try it! I'm so glad I did! This has eliminated the need for a brow gel as it lasts perfectly all day long. It also does not require me to repurchase every 1.5 months like the brow wiz. You can create natural eyebrows fairly quickly. The brush strokes look like individual hairs, not like I've drawn on or colored in my brows!

on 11/4/2014 4:57:00 PM

Wow this stuff is good! I thought my Brow Wiz did a good job and it does but this takes my eyebrows to a whole new level! The blonde shade is perfect for blondes like me who don't want any red in there brows. When I purchased this I did buy the #12 brush to go with it and they work together magically! I apply the tiniest amount to the brush and go over my brows in small strokes. Once all the pomade is in I blend with the spoolie part and hold them with some brow gel. With this product my brows look so nice and put together. I never knew how eyebrows done well can really compliment an eye look. And now my eyebrows do because I can actually bring out my angle and my they look natural but nice and neat.

This lasts till you take it off which is a major bonus! It just makes my eyebrows look so nice and full. I had one sparse area due to a dog bite and when I fill it in with this you would never know. It really looks so natural! I would repurchase this in a heartbeat any girl who likes doing their brows I think would love this product. I can't find one thing i dislike. It gives me a polished look that I have been trying to achieve for so long. I don't know why I didn't get this sooner! It's a great product that works and just makes my eyebrows look natural but well done. I love this stuff!:) So Recommended!

on 10/22/2014 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is a game changer. My brows are a little thinner than I would like and the ends are shorter than they should be. I would have to reapply any eyebrow pencil at least once or twice a day, mostly to the tail of my brows as it would wear off. Dipbrow stays on all day, even if I workout in the middle of the day.
It does have a slight learning curve, and you just use a tiny amount. I just lightly tap my brush in the product.
At first I was using an angled MAC brush, which was okay, but then I bought the Anastasia #12 brush and it works way better. It is much smaller and stiffer.
The blonde color is really natural and has no red tones at all.
I would highly recommend.

on 9/22/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

<< (not my picture).My brows are brown and thin with some new white hairs growing in. My hair is dark blonde with pale blonde highlights. When I plucked out the white brow hairs it left my brows patchy looking and sparser than ever! Dipbrow Blonde to the rescue.

I apply a very very tiny bit with my Real Techniques silicone liner brush to the empty areas to fill them in and outline the brows, then use a spoolie to blend. This gives me a very natural look without overdarkening them or looking "drawn on" like pencils do.

Dipbrow dries down to a matte finish, not the shiny "brow pencil" look I hate. It also seems to fatten up the brow hairs and make brows look fuller and lusher. Wish I had discovered this sooner and not wasted my time and money on alllll the other brow products Ive tried.

Lasts all day til I take it off with cleansing oil and foaming cleanser.
Ulta has it for $18/jar.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love this! Read review and ordered from Sephora to UK! Really good colour for naturally fair, great payoff, I use with any brush with spoolie. Long lasting, immaculate shaping.

Popular Brows Products