Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony

4.5

on 8/29/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i started using this when i decided my other dippie just wasn't cutting it anymore. this is a darker and cooler color when compared to dark brown, which i was using before. regardless of the color, dipbrow always has a smooth, creamy consistency which blends easily into the eyebrows. you can either slather it on for some fierce-as-heck eyebrows, or you can use a small amount and keep them natural. it dries to a completely waterproof and mostly smudgeproof finish- i've fallen asleep with this on and have woken up to 90% intact brows. not saying you should do that, but it just goes to show, this stuff lasts! i think this is a really versatile, long-lasting product for the eyebrows and i totally recommend it.

also, the amount they give you in the jar is going to last you FOREVER. it's awesome.

on 8/27/2015 12:17:00 PM

I have no eyebrows - my eyebrows are like the 5 o'clock shadow on a 12 year old adolescent and as a result I've gone through more brow products than I care to think about. But I'm never going to consider using anything other than the dipbrow pomade. I have black hair, and ebony is perfect, no reddish tones and just dark enough but not too dark.

The absolute best thing about this product is how long lasting it is - a tiny little bit goes a very long way, and my brows stay on all day, even through sweat and oil and water. Before I started using this, a little rain was enough to make me start having an identity crisis, but I can finally live without worrying now. One time I even forgot I had it on and full on scratched my eyebrow but it didn't budge at all.

Personally, I think this is an amazing value for the price, considering the pomade itself is only $18 and that little pot will last you a long, long time. I've barely made a dent in it after 3 months, and I use it every day. Considering ABH's Brow Wiz and other eyebrow pencils can cost upwards of $20 a pop and run out really quickly, this is truly a godsend.

Some criticisms I have are that I have noticed some minor acne popping up amongst my brow hairs, so I would probably recommend using a really good makeup remover to take this off. Additionally, the other criticisms about it drying out really quickly are on point, though in my case it actually works in my favor because the dried product goes on not as harshly, which is perfect for my sparse brows.

on 7/6/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
precise
pigmented
smooth
no red undertones

CONS:
can be harsh
fades
not suitable with oily skinned people

Sidenote: the price is reasonable considering how much product is given.

on 7/1/2015 6:58:00 AM

Got this from a friend who ordered the wrong shade, which worked out spectacular for me because I usually just use a regular pencil. I absolutely will spring on this when I run out. Super smooth and doesn't smudge or soften on me over time. Looks the same all day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Yes! Love this! For the first time I actually feel like this product is enhancing my eyebrows without making them look fake and harsh (like eyebrow pencils tend to do). I know the current trend is to really thickly line your brows and then add highlighter to enhance them but personally I prefer to apply small strokes for a more natural, full look. Ebony is an excellent match for my dark hair and I find it very easy to use. Dare I say it? Yes. HG without a doubt.

on 5/20/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is very dark. i like it but on me it doesn't stay on for long. not sure why. but the brow wiz stays on longer for me. i don't even get oily or sweaty so not sure why it fades so quickly

on 5/2/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is one of those products that I wished existed and then, voila, the folks over at Anastasia of Beverly Hills created it. It's like they read my mind. The MUFE eyebrow corrector was the first HG status answer to my sparse eyebrow woes (after years of being let down by pencil and powders). Then, I discovered Dipbrow. While, I still think MUFE is slightly more long-wearing than Dipbrow, I love that Dipbrow is a potted pomade rather than a liquid you have to carefully squeeze from a tube. Now my Dipbrow is at home for everyday use, while my tube of MUFE eyebrow corrector lives in my travel kit. I'd honestly probably repurchase both, but you get so much product, I won't have to for a long time.

on 3/23/2015 10:40:00 PM

After years of using and being disappointed with the look and lasting power of pencils and powders, I've finally found my perfect brow product! This color is slightly lighter than my black eyebrows, which is ideal as it doesn't look harsh, and it actually stays put all day in any situation. This stuff is waterproof and sweat proof and really just awesome all around. It takes the tiniest amount, I just dip my MAC 266 in the pot and swipe the product on the back of my hand, and then apply from arch to tip and anywhere else where I need a little coverage. I do find that this looks more natural if you actually have eyebrow hair, if you put it on just skin, it looks more artificial. I have a lot of clients who, for one reason or another, have no eyebrows, and I generally recommend brow wiz for that.

OMG! I love this so much - I used to use eyebrow pencils and when I accidentally came through this on one of the make-up beauty websites I purchased it and when I bought it I fell in love!

I use this with my Real Techniques Eyebrow Brush and it works perfect. I have had this for over a year now and it's only half way through. This is so pigmented and is like a eyebrow gel, powder and eyebrow pencil in one! Definitely worth the money if you don't have this go and buy it now!

Check out my review on the dipbrow pomade on my blog. Find out if its a hit or miss!

Popular Brows Products