September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Dip Brow Pomade in Ebony

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by mariellopez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DUPE: ELF Eyebrow Kit is a good dupe! They have a "gel" part in the kit which is super similar to the Anastasia one but for less! Go buy it! It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by AlexaSzaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product. I have a fair complexion and hair so I choose blonde as my color. I apply it with the anastasia brush, let it dry, go back in with the wand and brush and blend for a more natural look, then go in with the anastasia brow gel in carmel. I love the look it gives my brows. won't use anything else!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I wanted to like this! I am the perfect candidate for a product like this. I have terrible eyebrows and without using any product I look kinda ill. I bought this in Ebony as I am dark skinned with black/grey hair. It says on the box that it is ideal for hot and humid climates but I found that it has very little staying power. By the end of the day, my eyebrows definitely look patchy or sometimes the outer halves disappear. I would need to apply a setting powder but that defeats the purpose of an all in one product. Maybe I should apply more layers, but it would become too dark. I should have bought a lighter shade? The good thing about it is that its easy to apply and blend. Also, the amount in that pot will last you a lifetime buit I wish they'd cut down the amount of product and charge less.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by katherinegclark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is good for those looking for a intense brow that dont mind taking there time on it this is not a natural looking product and it takes time to get right it is highly pigmented but in my case that makes it harder to apply right if you love perfect arched intense brows this is for you but not so much for some one looking for a natural look

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Look. No. Further. I've tried everything - MAC fluid line, "dry" pencils, creamy kohl pencils, waxes, eyeshadow.. It just wasn't cuttin' the mustard like ABH. Due to a rapid onset illness, my lashes and brows fell out quickly. With the help of Rapidlash (the 2-in-1 good for brows too) they've been coming back in, but my brows are not quite where they once were. I went to Sephora in my Canadian city and was thrilled to spot ABH. A whole endcap!! The pomade was $28 which stung but...
-- the ebony shade? PERFECT. Not warm. Just cool. Nearly black but not in an unnatural "hey guys these brows is as fake as the day is long!" way
-- a little goes a LONG way. I used my elf slanted eyeliner brush, dunked some, then gently brushed the brush back and forth inside the lid to help give the brush a thinner taper/point. I've been using this daily for 5 months and about 5% is gone. Zero fibs.
-- I start at the last 1/3 of my brow, where the arch begins sloping downward. Then, I line the underpart of the beginning of the brow to meet everything up nicely. At this point, there's still a bit of product left on the brush which I use to fill in the body of the brow.
-- I fill in the beginning of my brow with a bit of product on the beginning if the brow and apply the TINIEST amount of MAC's Typographic eyeshadow
-- the cream helps shape my real brows, but doesn't make them crusty once it dries! It turns it into a waterproof ..powder? It dries quickly, but not too quickly.
-- Neutrogena makeup remover takes this off quickly and easily. So does coconut oil. Removal of ABH's pomade doesn't jack up your brows, which believe me, I've had enough of :)
I highly recommend this, when I run out of it in 40 years I will absolutely be back for another.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by lizzieyleex3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I love my Etude pencils. However the hype for this has gotten to me and I've been wanting to try it. The only color I could find at Ulta was Ebony. It looked very similar to the Grey brown Etude has so I thought maybe with a light hand it would work.

I will tell you this now you do have to go easy on this. The formula is very creamy, very pigmented and VERY Dark. My first try made me look like the old Gloria Swason in Sunset Boulevard where she was crazy. YUCK. so on the 2nd try I only "touched" the angled brush to the product and started in a little bit so I'd have a little more room to blend. That did the trick. My brows came out natural and dark. I'm currently a bottle golden blond and my bangs are long and over my brows but depending on my makeup I sometimes like my brows darker and a little more pronounced. For this I love the Ebony. I think I am going to invest in the Chocolate brown and look for the soft brown in the fall but over all I love this and I think it may replace my zing brow as my one of my go to's. I still love my Etude pencil but this is a great back up in case I forget to order or can't get a replacement pencil in time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I really don't know what to say about this product.

When i was young i had absolutely no brows at all and now, at 26, I have small and sparse eyebrows (not from overplucking, only bad genes, everyone in my family has sparse brows), so I have been looking for a waterproof brow product since the day i was born. Well, almost!

When I read everywhere about Anastasia's Dipbrow pomade i ordered it to see what all that fuss was about.

Till then, I would mostly use waterproof gel eyeliners on my eyebrows.
Inglot's gel eyeliner #90 and Bobbi Brown's Gel eyeliner in Sepia Ink where my top choices.

I had also used MAC's fluidline in Deep Dark Brunette but i found it too warm on me, it almost made my brows look orangey red.

Anyway, I got this dipbrow in Ebony.

The colour is great. Really dark brown with no red undertones. It is a combination of dark brown/grey/black.

The texture is soft and feels like gel.

The pot is bigger than what i had in mind and that was a big plus.

As for the product.

At first i found it a bit challenging to apply it on my eyebrows. I am no amateur when it comes to brow shaping as i already said, and i mostly draw on my skin rather than powdering the hair. I found that the opacity upon applied on my brow skin, was limited.

Furthermore, I did not found it to be as waterproof as everyone claims it to be.

I shaped my brows and went to a party with my boyfriend.

He has a motorbike and the wind hit my face a lot.

When we arrived and i went to check my makeup in the toilet, the ends of my brows patches and most of the product had come off.

i have bangs that reach the bridge of my nose so they were obviously coming in touch with my brows but i find it ridiculous to believe that a product that is so widely advertised to be waterproof came off upon contacting my bangs.

I did not sweat that night so i really wonder what made this dipbrow disappear off my brows.

I am still testing it and i am trying to give it another chance but so far i am disappointed.

I might buy it again only because it is cheaper than Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner which i used to draw my brows with till now.

I don't know if i would recommend it. Probably not if you have oily brows.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the single best brow product I've ever used. I love that it's black-brown, but not so black that it leans blue. It's the perfect color for my quite dark brows.
I use an EcoTools angled liner brush to apply this, concentrating on the tails of my brows and moving the product inward to create a gradient effect. The result is a cleanly defined brow that lasts and lasts. And you only have to use the tiniest amount!
I like the packaging. It's simple and effective. I find any other method would result in a colossal mess.
Price-wise, it hurt a little to spend $18 USD on a brow product, but once I tried it and wore it all day, I decided it was more than worth the price tag. This is definitely my HG brow product now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by natnat200

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After using this product I find myself not reaching for my eyebrow powder or my brow pencil anymore! This product is water resistant and will withstand almost anything so you won't have to worry about your brows fading at all. I love that the formula is creamy but it doesn't dry too rapidly so you are able to blend your brows before it dries. If you use this with an angle brush you'll be able to achieve a very neat and defined brow without using a brow pencil and since dip brow is so easy to blend you won't find yourself wanting to reach for an eyebrow powder if you want a softer more natural look to your brows. For unruly brows that like to stray I would still recommend getting a brow gel because this product doesn't really set my brows in place. Aside from that all you need is a spoolie, and an angle brush to use the dip brow pomade. I love this product and I wish it came out sooner because this is really all you need to achieve a great looking set of brows!