September 21, 2014 | 2038 users online

Dry Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Naked

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Soo I don't know what to say.. I'm comparing to bastite dry shampoos.. And I just tried this today.. It's light and It does add volume and absorb oil.. Doesn't leave any residue .. I gave it a 4 because it's not that strong dry shampoo but I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's only okay for me. I don't have any nozzle issues (I do rinse under hot water after using, per another review) and it still has all its pressure, but I don't see the freshly washed look like others do. It does give me a bit of texture though so I sometimes use it on clean hair if it's too slippery to stay put and I don't want the stickiness of hairspray. For that, it works really well! But, it's not a texture spray; it's a dry shampoo, so I can't give it extra lippies for that. As a dry shampoo, it's just meh for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply amazing! It soaked up all the oil in my hair leaving it looking fresh and healthy. I have dark brown hair and it didn't leave any white residue. This is the first dry shampoo that has also given me great volume. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lime2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love love love! This product is perfect for those lazy days when taking a shower is out of the question! It's perfect for adding texture to limp oily hair. I swim a lot and this product masks the smell of chorine effortlessly! I bought this product because I couldn't find batiste, but I'm happy I did! I use this stuff daily after blow drying my hair even on days when I take a shower! I haven't had any issues with the packaging yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by CherryVanillaA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Defective nozzle!!! Broke the second time I used it .... product seemed ok ... but I need more time using it before making a judgement on product quality. ... Won't buy again, just because of the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail Dry Shampoo! I live in Alaska & even though the campgrounds have showers I preferred to save myself getting ready time (it is camping after all) during a dip netting trip by cutting out hair washing. This was a new one at my Wal-Mart out of three from this line & I choose this one since it seemed to be formulated for oil control. I have combination hair: dry underneath the scalp & ends, super oily at the roots & on top. I also have naturally super dark brown hair that gets often mistaken for dyed black hair. This lady working in the pharmacy section told me that Tresseme's Dry Shampoo was crap & after I told her my situation she pulled out this one from the back. This in conjunction with The Simple Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes (non-makeup remover form) I have been in heaven this whole trip. My hair feels & looks refreshed as if I just washed it and the bottle sprays it out like a liquid which really makes me feel as though it's doing actual cleaning instead of just powdering my hair as I would my face. The scent is a nice bonus as oily hair tends to smell horrible. I have not washed my hair since the night before I left (Wed it's now Fri) and I do not feel the need to deep clean my hair until I get home tomorrow night. My getting ready time is cut in half & the bottle has yet to clog on me even though I've been doing one application of this morning and night.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by leesalillie

I had to call the company to get a refund for the simple fact that the nozzle kept breaking and releasing all the pressure out of the can so I couldn't spray it anymore. The few times I did use it I loved. It smelled great and worked really well without leaving streaks. If they would consider redesigning the can I would probably buy again. Until then, no.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Background: I have super fine, stick straight brown hair. I'm normally oily as anything.

I actually bought this when I was on a trip. They didn't have any other dry shampoos, and no Ulta or TJ Maxx to find my HG Batiste. I figured I would give it a shot and if I hated it I only lost about $5. So let me just paint this picture real fast. I am in Boston, about 30 mins from my hotel and the closest shower. I had gone out to get a coffee, some breakfast and to attend a genius bar appointment. As soon as I make it out to the store my appointment for that evening asks to meet 8 hours earlier. I'm not to oblige so I quickly scurry to CVS after I realize I don't have any time to run back to take a shower. So here I am in the bathroom of the Apple store, spraying this stuff in my hair and brushing with my fingers like a mad woman. The second I spray it in, I see it is a mist instead of a powder. I'm mortified, my hair looks greasier than when I started! So I bend over, tousle my hair, throw it up in a pony and stomp out of the bathroom to make my appointment in shame. Covered in sweat, with what I believe to be disgusting hair I make it through the appointment. On my way out I see my reflection in the walls and notice my hair looks freshly washed. I am flabbergasted at this point and I hurry to the bathroom of the coffee shop next door to check if this wall was not deceiving me. TLDR: Low and behold this stuff actually worked. It also didn't leave a white cast on my brown hair. No other dry shampoo has been able to accomplish both of these for me. It smells great too, which is a nice plus. Since I couldn't take it on the plane with me, I promptly went out the day I got home and repurchased it.

Many others have mentioned this product has terrible packaging, but I carried it around in my brand new stupid expensive purse without any leaking.

Update: The second bottle I bought did clog, which was annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Laurob24

i loved it at first, it smells really refreshing, does not leave a white cast, really makes your hair look and feel better... but after few days, the nozzle broke, worst packaging ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure what is up with the bad reviews here, but this is my HG dry shampoo! i have tried Salon Grafix, Batiste, Not Your Mother's, Dove, Tresseme, and numerous salon brands. What I usually hate about dry shampoo is that my hair doesn't feel clean, just strongly deodorized and straw-like. On top of that, I have dark brown hair and almost all dry shampoos leave a white, dandruff-like residue. The tinted ones never helped because it would color my part, making my scalp look dirty, and if I scratched my head I would get brown residue under my nails - so gross!

As a reference, I have Asian hair - thick in strand and quantity, drys straight, and coarse in texture. i have dandruff which is controlled by tea tree oil diluted in water that I spritz on my scalp the night prior to using this dry shampoo, about once a week.

THIS dry shampoo is an absolute godsend. Honestly it has allowed me to reduce the times I wash my hair to once or twice a week which has allowed my hair to grow at lightning speed! The product is clear so I never get that white residue. It smells amazing and "clean", not at all like deodorant. And it makes my hair feel CLEAN as if I actually washed it with normal shampoo. But my hair remains touchably soft and not the least bit straw-like. I can run my fingers through my hair and not feel like any residue.

To warn you, this won't be that great for volumizing or giving your hair that stiffer texture which is good for teasing and updos. This is truly for "dry shampooing" your hair to extend time between cleansing washes.

As for the packaging issue, I suggest running the spout under hot water after every use. I have not had a problem with any leaking or clogging. It is a short step that seems to make a huge difference.