Clairol Herbal Essences Naked

2.7

I don't get where all the hate comes for Naked dry shampoo. I've tried expensive, moderately priced, and cheap dry shampoos, and this one definitely packs the most bang for the buck.

The spray is surprisingly wet to start off, but I think it feels good and cooling. I get no discoloration of my hair (I don't look gray or white-haired), and I've noticed my hair seems softer the first day or two that I use it. There is less product in terms of ounces than some of the other dry shampoos I've tried, but I find it lasts WAY longer in comparison. It absorbs oil nicely if you let it sit for quite a few minutes (which you're supposed to do), and the smell is light and happy and didn't give me migraines (Dove did).

I do get a bit of a residue with this after a few uses, but I typically pull my hair back for work, so I'm not troubled by complaints about limpness.

For the price and the longevity of the bottle you get, as well as the no-powder look and the pretty scent, this is a clear winner for me. I'd go through four cans of Batiste for the same oil absorption power in one month, and Batiste has the white powder effect and costs 3-4 dollars more a can depending on the formula you use. I'm definitely switching to this (until they stop making it, because that happens to me all the time).

DRY SHAMPOO IS SUPPOSED TO BE DRY!
This sprays wet - very wet! Like hairspray kind of wet! Defeats the purpose of dry shampoo, really. If you are looking for a spray and go product, this isn't it.
This product doesn't remove oil from hair as well as the others (I also have Batiste and Lush's No Drought in my arsenal).
I brought this in a trial size to use in my makeup bag. Decided to keep a decant of No Drought with me instead.
The only good thing about this is the smell. Batiste is a much better product!

It was nice while it lasted and smelled nice. The reason why I'm giving it such a low rating is because it stopped after, what, 4 uses? I guess you get what you pay for..

This is the first dry shampoo that I used. Before going to sleep, I sprayed some on my hair and then I put it on a ponytail for the night. The next morning, my hair looked good but the roots still seemed a bit oily. I put some but only on the roots this time. My hair was fine until later in the evening when my roots were oily again :( I don't know if it's the product or my if my hair is still needs some time to adjust. However, I really like that there is no no white build up and it smells soooooo good. I have seen some reviews saying that the bottle stopped working after a few uses but mine is still working fine so far.

I've never personally purchased this product. It came as a free sample when I got my shampoo from the same company and I ended up re purchasing the shampoo about 5 times after that so I ended up with about 6 free samples of this dry shampoo. I've never really owned a dry shampoo nor have I used one. I wash my hair in the shower everyday because I personally have thicker hair and I workout everyday so I'm sweaty everyday. So I can't really go every other day without washing my hair like you are suppose to do. But if I have plans right after my workout I will use this dry shampoo to add volume and kinda dry up my oily/sweaty hair. But I tent to find that I can't leave it down, it makes my hair very flat and just gross looking almost worse than leaving it all sweaty, so either way I have to put it up after using it or do some type of braid to try and make it look better. It leaves my hair with a white tint over the parts I sprayed which is not cute!! I am so glad I have not spent my personal money and got it as a sample I'm so sorry for those of you who actually did buy it. I was not happy and now I'm stuck with all these sample bottles :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the worst dry shampoos. My hair did not feel/look cleaner. It was a terrible feel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is hands down the best dry shampoo I've used.

Pros:
cheap
non-chalky texture and no white residue (unless you really really pack it on)! only a slight powdery feeling after use
pleasant minty/citrus-like smell
very inexpensive
quickly absorbs oil and you don't have to brush out excess, it just works from the start

Cons:
ingredient list - not fond of putting a lot of chemicals in my hair, but on the other hand this probably has the shortest list I've seen so far.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This dry shampoo was totally useless. The can sprayed out like water, which just made my hair look wet and actually, dirtier. Total garbage.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product at once! But then...there was no product! Or maybe a HUGE packaging problem, I've tried everything...nothing came out.

Great product - bad packaging THAT'S ALL

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Like the suave dry shampoos way better. This left a gross residue every time I used it. Even tried applying the night before but still felt gross.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Favrorite Products Review 2015: Boscia Cleansing Gel & Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo by Cathy Tra My Doan

Dry Shampoo Review 2015: Batiste Dry Shampoo by Cathy Tra My Doan