Clairol Herbal Essences Naked

I've never personally purchased this product. It came as a free sample when I got my shampoo from the same company and I ended up re purchasing the shampoo about 5 times after that so I ended up with about 6 free samples of this dry shampoo. I've never really owned a dry shampoo nor have I used one. I wash my hair in the shower everyday because I personally have thicker hair and I workout everyday so I'm sweaty everyday. So I can't really go every other day without washing my hair like you are suppose to do. But if I have plans right after my workout I will use this dry shampoo to add volume and kinda dry up my oily/sweaty hair. But I tent to find that I can't leave it down, it makes my hair very flat and just gross looking almost worse than leaving it all sweaty, so either way I have to put it up after using it or do some type of braid to try and make it look better. It leaves my hair with a white tint over the parts I sprayed which is not cute!! I am so glad I have not spent my personal money and got it as a sample I'm so sorry for those of you who actually did buy it. I was not happy and now I'm stuck with all these sample bottles :(

on 7/27/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the worst dry shampoos. My hair did not feel/look cleaner. It was a terrible feel.

on 7/23/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is hands down the best dry shampoo I've used.

non-chalky texture and no white residue (unless you really really pack it on)! only a slight powdery feeling after use
pleasant minty/citrus-like smell
very inexpensive
quickly absorbs oil and you don't have to brush out excess, it just works from the start

ingredient list - not fond of putting a lot of chemicals in my hair, but on the other hand this probably has the shortest list I've seen so far.

on 6/26/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This dry shampoo was totally useless. The can sprayed out like water, which just made my hair look wet and actually, dirtier. Total garbage.

on 5/20/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product at once! But then...there was no product! Or maybe a HUGE packaging problem, I've tried everything...nothing came out.

Great product - bad packaging THAT'S ALL

on 4/25/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Meh. Like the suave dry shampoos way better. This left a gross residue every time I used it. Even tried applying the night before but still felt gross.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I only have a sample size of this that came free with something else, so I can't comment on price. I've had no issues with the product not dispensing properly, but that's the travel or sample size.

The best thing I can say about this is the smell. the one I have has peppermint oil in it so it smells fresh and amazing for about 5 minutes, but then it fades.

I have very dark hair and while it does show up (it's a white spray) it's definitely not as bad as other dry shampoos I've used and it brushes out easily.

Deal breaker is this just didn't perform as well as other dry shampoos. This is a good one if you just want the volume dry shampoo gives you, but If you're trying to extend a blowout, keep looking.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

+ Smells nice
+ Works/lives up to claims
+ Readily available (at most drugstores, major retailers)

+ Some visibility on dark-colored hair(?)
+ Fragrance lingers for quite some time

I purchased this at my local CVS for around $4-$7 USD. I'm afraid I don't remember the exact price, but the price point fell somewhere in the middle of all the dry shampoos the store had on hand. I use this product about once or twice a week, in between hair washes or about an hour after exercise.

I use the product as directed on the can--shake, spray in sections, massage into roots, and brush out. As for the issue of clogging, I have not experienced any, even beyond 4 uses. If it has any bearings, I store this product upright on the dresser in the bedroom (no problems with humidity) at room temperature and I shake it occasionally in between uses.

My Experience
This is the first time I've used dry shampoo and I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed by this product. It smells nice, absorbs oil well, leaves my hair feeling light, and looking clean and not-greasy. This stuff is like magic in a can, haha.

A potentially negative aspect of this dry shampoo is that the fragrance, while nice, is still somewhat chemically and tends to linger for a while. Since I have dark, unprocessed hair, I still see some flakes after brushing. This might be a turn-off for some people, but since I use this product for upkeep in between washings, this is not such a huge deal for me.

Other Comments:
This product comes in a sleek, white aerosol can, with a powdery-matte finish. The packaging looks really clean and nice to have on the counter.

Closing Commentary:
I recommend this product because it does what it's supposed to do and is pretty easy to find in stores. Considering that it (apparently) smells nicer and is more affordable than some of its competitors, why not try it out?

on 2/26/2015 1:36:00 AM

I used only about 3 different dry Shampoo.
Dove, One from England, and THIS ONE! So far this one is my fav. But Im sure there are others out there

I used 3 of this one, so far its my favorite because it actually cleans my hair!

I don't know when the products are finished? Packaging problem? I can't open it so I'll never know?

on 2/23/2015 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I'm new to dry shampoo like another reviewer, because you know what I don't usually spray at my head? Lighter fluid. Isobutane is the first ingredient in this product (and all the others I've seen as well). I guess it's a propellant for the powder.

But I bought some to try it out and last week I had a great opportunity. I can usually go several days without washing my hair, but on this particular day my hair was grody and needed a wash. Hair-washing is a big production for me, because I usually get tired and bored during the drying process and leave the house with damp hair pulled up in a clip.

That morning it was 16 degrees outside. I really did NOT want to get out of my warm bed an hour early to deal with my hair! I followed the directions and got really good results. My hair looked fine - not greasy, with pretty nice volume. Didn't notice a smell. I like this little cheat and I would definitely buy it again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Favrorite Products Review 2015: Boscia Cleansing Gel & Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo by Cathy Tra My Doan

Dry Shampoo Review by Cathy Tra My Doan