January 31, 2015 | 1155 users online

Dry Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Naked

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2015 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm new to the dry shampoo craze. I have thin hair which gets oily at the roots fast. I have to shampoo everyday do to my job but wanted to use something to soak up the oils throughout the day. I tried this dry shampoo 1 time and it made my hair dry, crispy, and brittle! Took 3 days of moisture treatments to get any moisture back to my hair. Do all dry shampoos have this same affect?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:45:00 AM More reviews by jessmilley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the worst dry shampoo around. You might see the price and think hey it's worth a try but really, it isn't. I've bought three bottles of this (one of each kind) and all of them have either leaked, made my hair wet instead of dry, or just instead of coming out as a mist, it came out as pure liquid. The nozzle will always break, and the only upisde to this brand is that the smell is good. but don't buy it because you'll only be wasting your money

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Angelika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this dry shampoo to stick in my gym back for a quick pick-me-up of my hair after sweaty gym sessions when I have to go in to work right after.

It worked great 2 or 3 times.
Then I went to use it and the product just came out like a steady stream of liquid white stuff. NOT a mist of 'dry' shampoo! What happened?!
I shook it well, I cleaned up the nozzle in case it was clogged. To this day (it's in my purse), I still cannot get it to spray like a normal, decent dry shampoo.
I think it smells nice, that's probably going to be desirable to some, and not to others. Purely opinion there.
But the product itself SUCKS. I have written to Herbal Essences to request a refund or a replacement.
I have used several other drugstore brand dry shampoos in my gym bag (I like to experiment), and aside from one brand which ran out WAY too quickly, this was one of my worst dry shampoo experiences.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by rowanj13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can say only one good thing about this dry shampoo, and that is that is smells nice. The positives end there.

The terrible thing is I think the product *might* actually be ok if the packaging weren't so awful. The first time I used this it was ok, although I was surprised that it sprayed out wet like a hairspray (no matter how much I shook it), not powdery like most dry shampoos. Every use after that first time was just miserable. The nozzle splashed watery product out into the cap every time I shook the can and it was just too wet and sticky to do any good. I usually use up every product I buy unless I absolutely can't stand to use it anymore because I'm on a budget and I hate waste... This still got tossed in the trash really quickly. There was no other option. It just didn't work.

I got the rose/colour protecting version of this as well which I've just tried once so far, and I'm hoping I don't have the same issues but I imagine it will probably be in the trash soon as well. Oh well. At least I got them during a 2 for 1 sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by ladygoodman16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hated this! I thought the smell was overpowering and cheap, but that may be just down to personal taste. More importantly, the product just did not perform. There was no white residue at all, which is what I wanted - but it was like spraying hairspray on my roots and achieved nothing but a sticky feeling. Oil was not absorbed and my hair looked dirty. Useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best smelling dry shampoo I have ever used. It's fresh, herbally and citrusy - just what you would expect from Herbal Essence. The dispenser worked well the entire time and I got a decent amount of use from it.

I thought it worked very well but not so awesome that it blew me away. Adds some body to my fine, limp, Asian hair and enough texture so my hair stays up more cleanly. Coupled with hair spray adds a nice, clean, non sticky heft and leave your hair smelling WONDERFUL.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ayeebaybaybay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Don't even bother.... did not absorb oils that well and it felt like a lot of product was needed to get the desired look. Then, the spray dispenser broke the second day I bought it. Such a waste of my time, so I called the Herbal Essences Customers service and they gave me a $6 coupon(:

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Brittbritt963

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This ran on in two days! Two days?! I only used it once and it smelled so bad and it was horrible. Do not buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by HeySamJo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stuff is great! That is, if I can get it to come out of the canister! I have ran it under hot water repeadedly; that worked once, but never again. Which is a shame because the product itself works amazingly on my hair! I actually love the scent, and as another reader put it, it made my scalp feel really nice! As not every review I have read has had the same issue with the nozzle clogging, I'm probably going to buy another one to see if maybe I just have a defunkt nozzle. All in all, this stuff saves me from a hair wash for a day! I try to only actually wash my hair once or twice a week (my hair gets really dry on the ends, but oily as heck on the scalp), and this product allows me to do that without looking like an oil slick!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

I love dry shampoos so I try most of them at some point if target carries it. The best thing about this one is that it has menthol or something in it so it makes your scalp feel cool and tingly which is nice when its hot. I prefer batiste over this one for combating scalp oiliness though so I doubt I would buy this again once I use it up. My hair is dark and I was able rub and brush this out so the white didn't show.