Clairol Herbal Essences Naked

2.8

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I only have a sample size of this that came free with something else, so I can't comment on price. I've had no issues with the product not dispensing properly, but that's the travel or sample size.

The best thing I can say about this is the smell. the one I have has peppermint oil in it so it smells fresh and amazing for about 5 minutes, but then it fades.

I have very dark hair and while it does show up (it's a white spray) it's definitely not as bad as other dry shampoos I've used and it brushes out easily.

Deal breaker is this just didn't perform as well as other dry shampoos. This is a good one if you just want the volume dry shampoo gives you, but If you're trying to extend a blowout, keep looking.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
+ Smells nice
+ Works/lives up to claims
+ Readily available (at most drugstores, major retailers)

Cons:
+ Some visibility on dark-colored hair(?)
+ Fragrance lingers for quite some time

Reference:
I purchased this at my local CVS for around $4-$7 USD. I'm afraid I don't remember the exact price, but the price point fell somewhere in the middle of all the dry shampoos the store had on hand. I use this product about once or twice a week, in between hair washes or about an hour after exercise.

I use the product as directed on the can--shake, spray in sections, massage into roots, and brush out. As for the issue of clogging, I have not experienced any, even beyond 4 uses. If it has any bearings, I store this product upright on the dresser in the bedroom (no problems with humidity) at room temperature and I shake it occasionally in between uses.

My Experience
This is the first time I've used dry shampoo and I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed by this product. It smells nice, absorbs oil well, leaves my hair feeling light, and looking clean and not-greasy. This stuff is like magic in a can, haha.

A potentially negative aspect of this dry shampoo is that the fragrance, while nice, is still somewhat chemically and tends to linger for a while. Since I have dark, unprocessed hair, I still see some flakes after brushing. This might be a turn-off for some people, but since I use this product for upkeep in between washings, this is not such a huge deal for me.

Other Comments:
This product comes in a sleek, white aerosol can, with a powdery-matte finish. The packaging looks really clean and nice to have on the counter.

Closing Commentary:
I recommend this product because it does what it's supposed to do and is pretty easy to find in stores. Considering that it (apparently) smells nicer and is more affordable than some of its competitors, why not try it out?

on 2/26/2015 1:36:00 AM

I used only about 3 different dry Shampoo.
Dove, One from England, and THIS ONE! So far this one is my fav. But Im sure there are others out there

PRO:
I used 3 of this one, so far its my favorite because it actually cleans my hair!

CON:
I don't know when the products are finished? Packaging problem? I can't open it so I'll never know?

on 2/23/2015 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I'm new to dry shampoo like another reviewer, because you know what I don't usually spray at my head? Lighter fluid. Isobutane is the first ingredient in this product (and all the others I've seen as well). I guess it's a propellant for the powder.

But I bought some to try it out and last week I had a great opportunity. I can usually go several days without washing my hair, but on this particular day my hair was grody and needed a wash. Hair-washing is a big production for me, because I usually get tired and bored during the drying process and leave the house with damp hair pulled up in a clip.

That morning it was 16 degrees outside. I really did NOT want to get out of my warm bed an hour early to deal with my hair! I followed the directions and got really good results. My hair looked fine - not greasy, with pretty nice volume. Didn't notice a smell. I like this little cheat and I would definitely buy it again!

This dry shampoo was amazing the first couple of times I used it on my second-third day hair. It was a dry mist that absorbed virtually all oils in my hair, and it smells great. I went back to use it one day and nothing came out at all, it was as if the bottle was completely empty and broken. I ran the nozzle under hot water, and I got a liquidy stream of white-ish powder that was hard to use and I almost couldn't brush out. I was very dissapointed in this product and wouldn't buy it again, it'd be more of a backup-if I could get it to work. It still smells great though.

I'm new to the dry shampoo craze. I have thin hair which gets oily at the roots fast. I have to shampoo everyday do to my job but wanted to use something to soak up the oils throughout the day. I tried this dry shampoo 1 time and it made my hair dry, crispy, and brittle! Took 3 days of moisture treatments to get any moisture back to my hair. Do all dry shampoos have this same affect?

on 1/18/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is probably the worst dry shampoo around. You might see the price and think hey it's worth a try but really, it isn't. I've bought three bottles of this (one of each kind) and all of them have either leaked, made my hair wet instead of dry, or just instead of coming out as a mist, it came out as pure liquid. The nozzle will always break, and the only upisde to this brand is that the smell is good. but don't buy it because you'll only be wasting your money

on 12/29/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this dry shampoo to stick in my gym back for a quick pick-me-up of my hair after sweaty gym sessions when I have to go in to work right after.

It worked great 2 or 3 times.
Then I went to use it and the product just came out like a steady stream of liquid white stuff. NOT a mist of 'dry' shampoo! What happened?!
I shook it well, I cleaned up the nozzle in case it was clogged. To this day (it's in my purse), I still cannot get it to spray like a normal, decent dry shampoo.
I think it smells nice, that's probably going to be desirable to some, and not to others. Purely opinion there.
But the product itself SUCKS. I have written to Herbal Essences to request a refund or a replacement.
I have used several other drugstore brand dry shampoos in my gym bag (I like to experiment), and aside from one brand which ran out WAY too quickly, this was one of my worst dry shampoo experiences.

on 11/29/2014 7:56:00 PM

I can say only one good thing about this dry shampoo, and that is that is smells nice. The positives end there.

The terrible thing is I think the product *might* actually be ok if the packaging weren't so awful. The first time I used this it was ok, although I was surprised that it sprayed out wet like a hairspray (no matter how much I shook it), not powdery like most dry shampoos. Every use after that first time was just miserable. The nozzle splashed watery product out into the cap every time I shook the can and it was just too wet and sticky to do any good. I usually use up every product I buy unless I absolutely can't stand to use it anymore because I'm on a budget and I hate waste... This still got tossed in the trash really quickly. There was no other option. It just didn't work.

I got the rose/colour protecting version of this as well which I've just tried once so far, and I'm hoping I don't have the same issues but I imagine it will probably be in the trash soon as well. Oh well. At least I got them during a 2 for 1 sale.

on 10/15/2014 7:59:00 AM

I hated this! I thought the smell was overpowering and cheap, but that may be just down to personal taste. More importantly, the product just did not perform. There was no white residue at all, which is what I wanted - but it was like spraying hairspray on my roots and achieved nothing but a sticky feeling. Oil was not absorbed and my hair looked dirty. Useless.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Favrorite Products Review 2015: Boscia Cleansing Gel & Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo by Cathies Ensemble

Top Rated Clairol Products