March 1, 2015 | 2190 users online

Skincare - Face - The Body Shop - Vitamin e serum in oil

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2015 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cupcakekitty85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I am a bit 'meh' about this product. I purchased it about a month ago, when I was feeling quite desperate. My skin is normally dry and very sensitive, but got super super dry all of a sudden, with red, burning patches on my cheeks and on my forehead.

I started using it at night, under my night cream, which is also from the Vitamin E range. Frankly, it is not hydrating enough to be used without a moisturizer on top of it. I was afraid in the beginning that it would be clogging my pores, as I have a lot of blackheads on my nose and my chin (and deffinitely don't need new ones) but thankfully that didn't happen.

I like the texture of it (I love everything oily anyway), it is oily but sinks into your skin very fast, doesn't leave a greasy feeling. I also like the smell, I usually avoid face products with a heavy fragrance, but this one I can tolerate.

I wasn't expecting any miracles before I started using it, and I still have some red patches on my cheeks, but overall, my skin did improve. It feels plumper and smoother, especially in the mornings.

I do think it's a good product for people with dry and sensitive skin, but again, I can't and wouldn't use this without a moisturizer on top!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2015 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kwait030

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin and during these really cold winter months no moisturizer or serum seemed to help. This product is amazing. It makes my skin so soft and it smells nice. Before using it I has dry patches on my faces. After using this for a week I barely have any dry patches left. Also it helps to minimize the amount of moisturizer that I need to apply after which is great because my moisturizer is expensive. However, if I apply this too close to my eyes, it make my eyelids swell up! Not really the look i was going for. I will keep applying on my dry patches only. I unfortunately will not buy this product again considering the reaction I got with my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Mistyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only recently I have been searching for a face oil. Something that is not super greasy and something hydrating. I have been using Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer for as long as I can remember and it has kept my skin in decent condition. This past December was a cold one and it made my skin really dry. Clean&Clear could not keep up! I was searching online for products and their reviews when I finally settled on getting this on Amazon for 22$. I was so excited when it arrived with my other new skin products! Let me tell you... This is an AMAZING product (but four lippies because I'm saving fives for extremely can't live without products which I have not encountered yet) . I put a few drops directly on my face and rub it in. I have a nose piercing that is not fully healed yet and it's fine. I wake up with a fresh dewy face and my skin is so smooth! I've been using this only for a week and I have not broken out with ONE pimple, if anything, it's clearing up whatever I had. The smell does linger after putting it on but I mean, it is an oil that you're applying on your face. It's not overwhelming but I could do without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by AngieTheCosmeticManiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I love with serum!!! Its very hydrating and isnt greasy.. Its very light weight; I find myself using it during the day! plus It doesnt cause any breakouts on my skin. I recommend this serum!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by monkeyseemonkeydo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

My friend initially purchased this earlier in the year. My skin is super sensitive (mainly because I choose to remove the downy hairs on my face, leaving my pores open) and will break out at the drop of a hat. It is also combination/oily and very dry in the winter.

After researching this product thoroughly (including a lengthy interrogation of my friend), I bit the bullet and purchased this. I will mention that I got this product on a half price promotion.

When I bought the bottle, I had various painful pimples - I must say it did wonders for my skin! Pimples healed faster and since using this product, I rarely get ANY spots!

People have been complimenting my skin, and it's given me enough confidence to go make up free. The texture is very light, I find it sinks in well. I use around 4-5 drops on my face depending on how dehydrated my skin is.

For those wondering, I also use this product under my make up, as my foundation can be incredibly drying at times (and sticks to any flakey bits I may have). If you use a matte mousse foundation, I recommend trying it out! It makes it glide on smoothly and blend beautifully.

The fragrance is akin to baby oil. This made me worried that I'd just wasted money on a bottle of diluted baby oil! Luckily that was not the case.

So, to sum it up? I use this twice a day, it soothes my angry skin, it's a wonderful product and I'll be repurchasing ASAP.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After seeing the reviews I decided to get this item along side a few of my favourite products, one being the All in one face base foundation/powder.

After using this product for around 4 days in a row (not over using the dosage, if anything using too little) my cheeks began to itch and red blotches have appeared. My skin can take a lot of products, I have no idea why this is happening but the itching is horrid.

Now i'm left with quite an expensive product and a red itching face.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by emmamaidens

Packaging is the usual dropper that works perfectly well. The smell is not strong and the feeling is slightly lighter than oil but takes just as long to absorb. Personally I prefer plain old rosehip oil to this. My skin looks slightly more hydrated in the morning but less so than with rosehip oil and it hasnt particularly helped my acne scars. A nice product if your skin isn't dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Rollins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm loving this serum-in-oil! I have tried a few other similar products, like Tarte Maracuja oil and PTR Oil-less Oil (squalane). I much, much prefer this one. I have post-menopausal skin (only 33 but post-total hysterectomy and don't take any hormone replacement) that is dry, dry, DRY, but also acne prone. :-( I finally found a regimen that clears my skin but due to benzoyl peroxide I'm left very dry and flaky. I apply a bit of this right before my moisturizer and the dryness and flakes are GONE! And when I wake up in the morning my face is more vibrant and almost glowing. I've found this also helps my makeup go on super smooth when I apply it under my Hourglass Mineral Veil primer. The bottle has last

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot sing this serums praises enough! Since using this serum my skin has been in the best shape it has been in years! I've had many people comment on the appearance of my skin. This is the only new product in my regime and my skin's excellent condition must be because of it. This product claims to boost skins hydration and it really does it. My skin looks and feels much more hydrated and plump.

The main reason I bought this oil was to reduce scaring. My friend had said she bought a vitamin e serum in the hopes to fade her acne scarring. I thought 'hey, that's a good idea'. Now I would just like to say this product doesn't claim to reduce scaring. However, I have noticed a huge improvement in my skin. My acne scars have been greatly reduced and if I have any redness from a pimple/breakout this clears it up very quickly.

This product is amazing to me and I will be purchasing it over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by etteilbuO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Frankly impressed with this product. This was my first incursion the the face oils world, and I have to say I was bit renitent because my skin tends to break out when I use anything slightly oily, despite being dry and atopic. No problems in this field, as this is a dry oil, a couple of drops at night and you wake up with the softest skin, all glowy. I use it after my normal routine: demaq, wash, tone, moisturize (and I use highly hydrating-yet-non-greasy creams), and after the last one is absorbed I tap it on my skin. I use it daily, Lovely.

I wouldn't use it as a serum - as it description mentions. That is before the moisturizer. Nor in daytime, because the skin needs time to absorb it and I really don't know how make up would stay over it - and I really don't want to find out. Think of it as night mask that creates a protective and potentiating layer over your night cream, and which is slowly absorbed during the night, giving you an injection of beauty.

Good job TBS!