The Body Shop Vitamin e serum in oil

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Dicaprylyl Carbonate , Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis , Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil , Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil/Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil , Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil , Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja Oil, Parfum/Fragrance , Tocopheryl Acetate , Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol , Linalool , Limonene, Citronellol , Benzyl Salicylate , Eugenol , Citral , Anisyl Alcohol , Citric Acid

on 3/25/2015 5:21:00 AM

I have somewhat sensitive skin. This does not irritate it. It soaks in quickly, and leaves my skin feeling hydrated. I don't particularly care for the smell, but it doesn't linger too long. I use it at night after my other serums.

on 2/24/2015 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this “Vitamin E Overnight serum” by The Body Shop regularly for a while now and realized last night I actually finished my third bottle… It’s time for a review!

WHAT IS IT?
It’s a serum with an oily texture that is supercharged with Vitamin E which is a powerful anti-oxidant (meaning that it will help protect your skin cells from damages caused by oxidation resulting from contact with sun, heat, cold, wind, pollution etc. well pretty much everything. Your cells don’t get damaged, your skin doesn’t age prematurely, no wrinkles, we’re happy.)
HOW TO USE IT?
The Body Shop says to use it as an overnight (as it is obviously mentioned in the name, duh!) because of its oily texture. So you remove your makeup, you cleanse, you tone, you serum and you cream. And that’s how two bottles went down with me… Yet I went back to my I-can’t-live-without beloved Advanced Night Repair so where to place the Vitamin E serum in my night routine??? I actually now use the The Body Shop serum as an overnight treatment. Yes ladies, everything is possible. Thanks to its oily texture this serum makes a perfect (and cheap!) overnight treatment (the light textured serums always go first and then you pile up using the heavier, oilier products last). First of I gotta mention that I loooooove oils, especially at night (not that much of a cream addict in my night skincare regimen, I much prefer to pile up serums, oils and other marvels – plus it much more effective!). So I go: makeup removal, cleansing, acid toning, hydrating toning, Advanced Night Repair, then another serum by Estée Lauder, then pimple cream (right now using the new Night Detox one by Vichy, review coming soon) and then finally (!!!) the Vitamin E serum. It works wonders. I highly recommend it.

If your skin is really dehydrated you can also use a tiny bit in the morning. I did it in the beginning and it’s fine, didn’t look shiny nor greasy and my makeup lasted fine yet I wouldn’t do that if I had to have my picture taken that day ;) not sure it would photograph well…

FOR WHICH SKIN TYPE?
All skin types, even oily ones (FYI I have a combination skin). Especially suited for dehydrated skins in need of extra moisture.

Hope this review was helpful :)
With style,
x M
www.marilicious.com

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

To be honest, I am a bit 'meh' about this product. I purchased it about a month ago, when I was feeling quite desperate. My skin is normally dry and very sensitive, but got super super dry all of a sudden, with red, burning patches on my cheeks and on my forehead.

I started using it at night, under my night cream, which is also from the Vitamin E range. Frankly, it is not hydrating enough to be used without a moisturizer on top of it. I was afraid in the beginning that it would be clogging my pores, as I have a lot of blackheads on my nose and my chin (and deffinitely don't need new ones) but thankfully that didn't happen.

I like the texture of it (I love everything oily anyway), it is oily but sinks into your skin very fast, doesn't leave a greasy feeling. I also like the smell, I usually avoid face products with a heavy fragrance, but this one I can tolerate.

I wasn't expecting any miracles before I started using it, and I still have some red patches on my cheeks, but overall, my skin did improve. It feels plumper and smoother, especially in the mornings.

I do think it's a good product for people with dry and sensitive skin, but again, I can't and wouldn't use this without a moisturizer on top!

on 2/1/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and during these really cold winter months no moisturizer or serum seemed to help. This product is amazing. It makes my skin so soft and it smells nice. Before using it I has dry patches on my faces. After using this for a week I barely have any dry patches left. Also it helps to minimize the amount of moisturizer that I need to apply after which is great because my moisturizer is expensive. However, if I apply this too close to my eyes, it make my eyelids swell up! Not really the look i was going for. I will keep applying on my dry patches only. I unfortunately will not buy this product again considering the reaction I got with my eyes.

on 1/18/2015 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Only recently I have been searching for a face oil. Something that is not super greasy and something hydrating. I have been using Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer for as long as I can remember and it has kept my skin in decent condition. This past December was a cold one and it made my skin really dry. Clean&Clear could not keep up! I was searching online for products and their reviews when I finally settled on getting this on Amazon for 22$. I was so excited when it arrived with my other new skin products! Let me tell you... This is an AMAZING product (but four lippies because I'm saving fives for extremely can't live without products which I have not encountered yet) . I put a few drops directly on my face and rub it in. I have a nose piercing that is not fully healed yet and it's fine. I wake up with a fresh dewy face and my skin is so smooth! I've been using this only for a week and I have not broken out with ONE pimple, if anything, it's clearing up whatever I had. The smell does linger after putting it on but I mean, it is an oil that you're applying on your face. It's not overwhelming but I could do without it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love with serum!!! Its very hydrating and isnt greasy.. Its very light weight; I find myself using it during the day! plus It doesnt cause any breakouts on my skin. I recommend this serum!!

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

My friend initially purchased this earlier in the year. My skin is super sensitive (mainly because I choose to remove the downy hairs on my face, leaving my pores open) and will break out at the drop of a hat. It is also combination/oily and very dry in the winter.

After researching this product thoroughly (including a lengthy interrogation of my friend), I bit the bullet and purchased this. I will mention that I got this product on a half price promotion.

When I bought the bottle, I had various painful pimples - I must say it did wonders for my skin! Pimples healed faster and since using this product, I rarely get ANY spots!

People have been complimenting my skin, and it's given me enough confidence to go make up free. The texture is very light, I find it sinks in well. I use around 4-5 drops on my face depending on how dehydrated my skin is.

For those wondering, I also use this product under my make up, as my foundation can be incredibly drying at times (and sticks to any flakey bits I may have). If you use a matte mousse foundation, I recommend trying it out! It makes it glide on smoothly and blend beautifully.

The fragrance is akin to baby oil. This made me worried that I'd just wasted money on a bottle of diluted baby oil! Luckily that was not the case.

So, to sum it up? I use this twice a day, it soothes my angry skin, it's a wonderful product and I'll be repurchasing ASAP.

on 9/26/2014 1:10:00 PM

After seeing the reviews I decided to get this item along side a few of my favourite products, one being the All in one face base foundation/powder.

After using this product for around 4 days in a row (not over using the dosage, if anything using too little) my cheeks began to itch and red blotches have appeared. My skin can take a lot of products, I have no idea why this is happening but the itching is horrid.

Now i'm left with quite an expensive product and a red itching face.

on 8/9/2014 7:41:00 AM

Packaging is the usual dropper that works perfectly well. The smell is not strong and the feeling is slightly lighter than oil but takes just as long to absorb. Personally I prefer plain old rosehip oil to this. My skin looks slightly more hydrated in the morning but less so than with rosehip oil and it hasnt particularly helped my acne scars. A nice product if your skin isn't dry.

on 7/22/2014 11:48:00 AM

I'm loving this serum-in-oil! I have tried a few other similar products, like Tarte Maracuja oil and PTR Oil-less Oil (squalane). I much, much prefer this one. I have post-menopausal skin (only 33 but post-total hysterectomy and don't take any hormone replacement) that is dry, dry, DRY, but also acne prone. :-( I finally found a regimen that clears my skin but due to benzoyl peroxide I'm left very dry and flaky. I apply a bit of this right before my moisturizer and the dryness and flakes are GONE! And when I wake up in the morning my face is more vibrant and almost glowing. I've found this also helps my makeup go on super smooth when I apply it under my Hourglass Mineral Veil primer. The bottle has last

Popular Face Skincare Products