Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Fifth Avenue Red

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm honestly disappointed that this is limited edition (might have to buy a backup!). Trying this on, this is a perfect red for me, in my humble opinion. I'm an NC25 and find it difficult to pull off orange-based reds. This red is a neutral that leans ever-so-slightly blue, and I would think it's a great daytime red. It almost seems like a faded vintage red (which it is, I suppose, hehe) and for a New Yorker such as myself, the name was too good to NOT pass up this lipstick!

EDIT: Today, in celebration of the warm weather, I wore this lipstick over MAC's Brick lip pencil. I don't know if it was the liner, but my lips were very matte (though not drying in the least), and stayed red throughout the whole day, even through eating, drinking and an entire 85-minute German class. Needless to say that although I wouldn't call this HG status yet as I'm still my winter skin tone and this would be too light for me in the summer, I'm very impressed.

on 2/15/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a re-release classic color from Revlon that was discontinued years ago. It's midtone red that seems to be neutral. I haven't picked up on any blue tones or brown. It appears in the middle somewhere. It's darker than Certainly Red and lighter than Standoff in the Matte Balm line.

It doesn't scream red but it's not dull by any means. It's red. I think it's a very wearable red and seems to be something you could wear anytime without having to dress up or have a certain look for.

Great classic color and I am glad they brought it back.

Popular Lipsticks