August 22, 2014 | 2050 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2014 version)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with the Fantasy of Flowers collection. It is my first and only MSF from MAC. After buying and using it, I just don't feel the need to purchase another one right now! Maybe if I use this one up, I'll look into purchasing Lightscapade or Soft and Gentle.

I think this highlighter is perfect for my skin tone! I think I am an nc30 in MAC foundations for reference. This highlighter is like a muted peach beigey-champagney color if that makes any sense.

I find that it goes on beautifully and really makes me look super glowy. I've never had a problem with going overboard with this product. However, I wouldn't recommend packing on this product just like with any other highlighter. I really love this color and the finish this product gives my cheeks. If MAC decides to re-promote this product, I will definitely pick up another as a back up! Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok so when I tried this stuff on in the mac store I fell in love. It looked great on me but I soon noticed (in pictures primarily) that it didn't add enough color for my pale skin leaving it a little washed out looking. I decided I should use this with a bronzer (as most highlighters are meant i always thought) or a blush. I haven't tried it with any of my blushes but I love using it with a matte bronzing powder.
Pros:
felt nice on my skin and in the compact
lasted a long time
was very pretty and definitely does what it says
this pretty, sheer highlighter brightened up my skin
Cons:
washed my extremely pale skin out a little (easily correctable so not much of a con)
broke up a little bit in the compact during travel
All in all a great product and do recommend. I use it daily and I will be disappointed when I run out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is my first MSF that has not been an MSF natural, so I was pretty excited to try it out, and I have to say that I was not disappointed.
Perfect Topping is most definitely a highlighter, first a foremost. Its is a pearlized pink champagne colour, because it definitely has that gold mixed with beige mixed with champagne going on there, and the veins are a pale pink. Its a very unique product for me, because I usually tend to either have the champagne gold highlighters or the rosy, pinky silver toned ones, whereas Perfect Topping kind of meets in the middle of both.
When I compared this to my most used highlighter which is the Naked Illuminated by Urban Decay, Perfect Topping is definitely muted and far less frosted, its a very soft shimmer on my skin tone. Even though I'm fair, it still works very well because its not an over the top in your face BAM look at my highlight kinda thing, its very natural for everyday wear. It also lasted pretty much all day and complements the Petal Power blush if you have that.
Overall, I never owned the previous Perfect Topping so therefore cannot make a comparison, but I love the new formula. I recommend it to all and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I do not own a lot of Mac MSF. This 2014 repromotion is from the Fantasy of Flower collection launched in Singapore on 1 March. As it was very hype up during past collection, I was very eager to get my hand on one. The other MSF Stereo Rose is very pretty too, but for my complexion, I would have to use it as blush, thus I had passed up as I have way too many blushes.
Mine marble veining is beautiful....Swatches show a soft coral sheer colour, not sure how is was compared to the previous one, very close to MSF Adored but I do like it.
My all time fav is Lightscapade.

Asian
NC20-25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This is a part of MAC Spring Collection Fantasy of Flowers. Now, I've seen the swatches and read reviews of the older version and I know that MAC has changed things up.

2014 version has noticeably more coral undertone whereas the older version is much cooler.

I would describe the colour as being a swirl of light plum, coral, ivory, mauve on a pink base. Mixed together, it creates a nice coral champagne colour, if that makes any sense. It's definitely a metallic finish and pretty versatile as long as you don't pack it on.

I have a subtle yellow undertone so I tend to prefer neutral or cool highlighters. It's still good, just not as perfect as I want it to be.