E.L.F. Moisturizing Lipstick - Ravishing Rose

4.2

on 1/4/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Got off on the wrong foot with this when the packaging - which admittedly is pretty to look at and looks far higher end than it is - was so bad: the lipstick is barely mounted on the twist-up part, and felt like it might just break off. It didn't, but it still feels shoddy.

This color is not anything I would call "rose" - on me it is sort of a coral-fuchsia blend. Not the color I was hoping for when I ordered it, but that's just a personal choice.

It's more moisturizing than a lot of formulas, which is nice, but the pigment is a bit uneven and just looks smeared and cheap. Pencil helps, but at best it still doesn't look as good as other drugstore brands. Would not repurchase.

on 8/17/2014 3:31:00 PM

A beautiful unsaturated fuschia color. Very moisturizing and easy to apply because it's sheer, so you don't have to worry about a perfect outer line. Smells like marshmallow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this color! I think it would look beautiful on a variety of skin tones. The lipstick goes on smooth and stays put for a good 4 hours ( like most lipsticks of course it will rub off while you eat.) It has a very sweet, sugary smell with a fruity undertone as well. It's definitely preferable to the general makeup-y smell that you get with most lipsticks.
I bought mine at Target for just over $3.00, which I think is a fantastic price for the quality of this lipstick. E.L.F.'s products are cruelty free as well, which is another plus for me.
Great lipstick overall! My only gripe is that I wish they would change their packaging for their moisturizing lipsticks because it tends to be a bit bulky for the little lipstick tube that's in there.

I really like this lipstick. I have fair skin and dark hair. This makes me feel like Snow White in a good way. Could last a little longer but I don't mind reapplying too much. Especially for the price!!! Sometimes this can be a bit bright for me and I top it with a pale shimmery pink to calm it down a bit.

on 2/15/2014 5:49:00 PM

This lipstick applies smoothly and does not share the issue that I encountered with ELF Essential lipstick, which was a bit too waxy and required several swipes of the lipstick to begin transferring to my lips. The color is a nice pinkish plum, which complements dark skin tones (I believe that I am a NW45, for reference).

Recommended for Medium Skin