E.L.F. Moisturizing Lipstick - Ravishing Rose

4.1

on 8/27/2015 8:36:00 AM

Meh. Color is great, I just think calling it lipstick is a bit of a misnomer. It feels like a tinted balm... and, for me, it wears like one too. If this was marketed as a tinted balm, I'd probably give it 4-5 stars but, for a lipstick, I would prefer to have this color in another brand with some staying power.

on 8/26/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR. It's moisturizing and everyone can wear this color. I love it so much.

on 8/7/2015 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was impressed with Ravishing Rose - and for $3, I figured, why not? I got home and tried it and was very impressed with the way it felt. It is very creamy and applies very smoothly. The color is lovely and when applied, reminds me a lot of Givenchy's Rose Boudoir, or Chanel Edith. The smell is pretty good, too. Very sweet. It's not as highly lasting as many other formulas out there, but it's definitely still worth the price.

on 1/4/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Got off on the wrong foot with this when the packaging - which admittedly is pretty to look at and looks far higher end than it is - was so bad: the lipstick is barely mounted on the twist-up part, and felt like it might just break off. It didn't, but it still feels shoddy.

This color is not anything I would call "rose" - on me it is sort of a coral-fuchsia blend. Not the color I was hoping for when I ordered it, but that's just a personal choice.

It's more moisturizing than a lot of formulas, which is nice, but the pigment is a bit uneven and just looks smeared and cheap. Pencil helps, but at best it still doesn't look as good as other drugstore brands. Would not repurchase.

on 8/17/2014 3:31:00 PM

A beautiful unsaturated fuschia color. Very moisturizing and easy to apply because it's sheer, so you don't have to worry about a perfect outer line. Smells like marshmallow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this color! I think it would look beautiful on a variety of skin tones. The lipstick goes on smooth and stays put for a good 4 hours ( like most lipsticks of course it will rub off while you eat.) It has a very sweet, sugary smell with a fruity undertone as well. It's definitely preferable to the general makeup-y smell that you get with most lipsticks.
I bought mine at Target for just over $3.00, which I think is a fantastic price for the quality of this lipstick. E.L.F.'s products are cruelty free as well, which is another plus for me.
Great lipstick overall! My only gripe is that I wish they would change their packaging for their moisturizing lipsticks because it tends to be a bit bulky for the little lipstick tube that's in there.

I really like this lipstick. I have fair skin and dark hair. This makes me feel like Snow White in a good way. Could last a little longer but I don't mind reapplying too much. Especially for the price!!! Sometimes this can be a bit bright for me and I top it with a pale shimmery pink to calm it down a bit.

on 2/15/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This lipstick applies smoothly and does not share the issue that I encountered with ELF Essential lipstick, which was a bit too waxy and required several swipes of the lipstick to begin transferring to my lips. The color is a nice pinkish plum, which complements dark skin tones (I believe that I am a NW45, for reference).

Recommended for Medium Skin