September 1, 2014 | 1954 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Body Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by TrisHermioneKatniss

Such. A. Good. Scrub.
The smell of this product is amazing, really apricot-like, fresh and light.
The scrub is the perfect level of exfoliation- it feels like it's actually taking off the dead skin but without taking off your whole leg with it.
It's also really moisturising- it gives you lovely smooth skin and doesn't dry you out.
It's also such good value for money- for 5 (or apparently $3) you get what feels like a bucket of scrub which I think is going to last me a really long time.
Overall, just a basic, amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ShibuiMuse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is a great way to get smoother skin on the body. In the past I was an avid fan of Origins Spice Odyssey Foaming Scrub. I used it for years until they discontinued it. The price tag for Spice Odyssey was $27.50. Still, I was definitely a happy customer because the product delivered all that it promised.

Trying to find a replacement has been more like a treasure hunt that hasn't produced any bounty. I've tried several scrubs that have been oil-based (and even made a few of my own scrubs with various oils and salts). I didn't care at all for the slick coating the oils from these products left on my skin and shower stall walls.

Kiehls has a gentle exfoliating grapefruit scented scrub that comes in a flip-top tube (stored on end in the shower, which, in my opinion, is easier to work with with wet hands). This scrub fit the bill as far as product satisfaction (it's cream based and smells great) but has a price tag of $28.00.

So I thought I would try St Ives Apricot Body Scrub, a drugstore brand, for comparison ($5 to $7 dollars, depending on where you get it). A body scrub's main role is to slough off dead skin cells from the skin. Many higher priced body scrubs promote all kinds of different ingredients that promise to "help" your skin. Of course, these ingredients usually mean a more expensive product. I'd much rather buy a really good body moisturizer to follow a body exfoliation than pay for ingredients that rinse off immediately after application and go down my drain.

St Ives has a pleasant smell. The exfoliating granules are neither too small or too large-they're just right to get the job done. The one thing I think could be improved upon is the packaging. Having a screw-top means that inevitably water will be introduced into the jar when you open it to get to the product. I much prefer flipping a top open and squeezing out any product I need from a flip-top tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Excellent product. Been purchasing for more than 10 years

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great value - the scrub is a good consistency, easy to spread but with enough 'scrub' in the shell particles for dry elbows, knees etc. Scent is nothing special, fruity, but doesn't linger, and scrub rinses easily to leave skin soft and ready for moisturiser or fake tan. Performs better than some much more expensive brands and the tub is compact and practical. Also contains no mineral oil. I'd recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Just really nice to use :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a good scrub. I do tend to use a lot for my whole body and so it doesn't last too long, but in general a nice body scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a great wee scrub and i would defos recommend it. it has a gritty, sandy base but when you rinse it off your skin is smooth and blackhead free! very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i adore the smell of this apricot scrub. this was my mums and i used practically it all up cos she never did. it was great now my legs are really smooth. if you want the same effect try the body shop moringa too its great cos ive got both and rotate them round.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

I have gone through so many of these already. It is such an affordable and effective exfoliating scrub. It helps prevent clogged pores and ingrown hairs. Another excellent product by St. Ives.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by bootmunchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HOLY WOW! Read the reviews on here, decided to go for it. Was 3 bucks at Walmart. The smell is EXCELLENT, and exfoliating and AHHH... I keep recommending this scrub to people - I love finding affordable brands like this that have no idea how much they are really worth!